Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Listening to Australian news this morning, I hear that the toxic levels of asbestos dust saturating the air in Gaza from the bombing of buildings will ensure many generations to come will die from mesothelioma / asbestos related cancers. Those poor innocent children and their families. Even for survivors of this horrific atrocity, what life ahead do they have?
Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I’m out of words at the point it’s just sadness and any enthusiasm for change is slowly being eroded

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m out of words at the point it’s just sadness and any enthusiasm for change is slowly being eroded
I've had friends who grew up refugees, I've studied many horrors of history & politics, and I've lived in areas that showed humanity can be evil. But one thing has always been true - change is slow, painful, but possible.

The more people talk, the more the protests continue and don't go away because they make people in power uncomfortable, the more the status quo is disrupted to disrupt those committing these crimes, the more likely that change can be forced.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Was the real reason Israel shut down Al Jazeera, because they showed Israeli drone footage captured by the resistance? The same footage that shows Israeli war crimes? :unsure:

The Calgary Police shutting down the University of Calgary protests. It's not a surprise since it is Alberta and they have right wing psycho witch of a premier in Danielle Smith.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I wish more British celebrities would speak out. Good on Gary Lineker. He also supported asylum seekers when our rancid government demonised them.

It is not just Netanyahu, his war cabinet and his government who are culpable of genocide.

Apologists neglect to admit that the IDF consists of ordinary Israelis. The IDF members are taking pleasure in their genocidal actions.

The family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues of the IDF members are ordinary Israelis. What are they doing to prevent the IDF members from committing genocide?

Israelis protesting the war because the hostages have not been restored to their families is not the same as them protesting it because it is wrong to slaughter, torture, maim, displace, orphan and starve the Palestinians.

There are ordinary Israelis who are sickened by, and oppose, the genocide. They have to make their voices heard.

When Israel is defeated, it needs to be occupied, just as Germany was after WWII, because it is a country, and people, incapable of self control and which possesses a mindset for which genocide is a default setting.

The US, the UK, Germany and France cannot be part of the occupation force. Nor can any other country which has facilitated Israel's crimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It is hard to know what to say anymore. I think @Emotional Support Ferret's post above is a good summary of where we are at and where things need to go.

It is just devastating. I saw an interview with Jews in Israel with their concentration camp numbers on their skin who think this is a-bleeping-ok. So what hope?

I can't get sweet, little Hind's voice out of my mind. I hope that when the did murder her they did it instantly and she didn't have to endure anymore suffering than she had already. She will be a lasting memory for me.

I scroll Instagram looking for updates from those who have become reliable favourites, Bisan, Wissam, Azzam and pray there is something and that overnight the worst didn't happen.

I sometimes feel like we are living in one of those dystopian, dark video games that my husband spent hours playing and I tried to ignore.

Hind's voice 🥹

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
We were treated to a spectacular view of the northern lights here in Ireland last night but when I was looking up at the sky all I could think about was how lucky we are that the only thing lighting up the sky was the aurora 😢 I can’t enjoy anything atm about feeling guilty. How are the monsters complicit in genocide sleeping at night?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
It is hard to know what to say anymore. I think @Emotional Support Ferret's post above is a good summary of where we are at and where things need to go.

It is just devastating. I saw an interview with Jews in Israel with their concentration camp numbers on their skin who think this is a-bleeping-ok. So what hope?

I can't get sweet, little Hind's voice out of my voice. I hope that when the did murder her they did it instantly and she didn't have to endure anymore suffering than she had already. She will be a lasting memory for me.

I scroll Instagram looking for updates from those who have become reliable favourites, Bisan, Wissam, Azzam and pay there is something and that overnight the worst didn't happen.

I sometimes feel like we are living in one of those dystopian, dark video games that my husband spent hours playing and I tried to ignore.

Hind's voice 🥹
Agreed and little Reem and i remember one child early on and his whole bottom was burned off to the bone. I hope there is a special place in hell for people that kill kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I recall very vividly the same people insisting there is no genocide insisting that Palestinians had killed one of their most celebrated journalists. Then falling silent when Israel quietly admitted to a 'stray bullet'. Some of them UK journalists who 'report' on this horror now.
Shireen was not Khamaaas. She was Christian and an American citizen. But of course she was Palestinian so she had to be killed.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.