Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find it odd that people still come on here to post stuff that apparently show Jews being victimised šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. Iā€™m sure they still do get abuse, from small minded people, no-one is or has ever denied that, itā€™s wrong.

I just donā€™t understand the point? Everyday that a child is murdered, or rather children and itā€™s posted here and then someone comes on and posts something about antisemitism itā€™s baffling.

Maybe Iā€™m being incredibly stupid, but I didnā€™t think this is a competition to see who has it worse. šŸ„“

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just find it odd that people still come on here to post stuff that apparently show Jews being victimised šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. Iā€™m sure they still do get abuse, from small minded people, no-one is or has ever denied that, itā€™s wrong.

I just donā€™t understand the point? Everyday that a child is murdered, or rather children and itā€™s posted here and then someone comes on and posts something about antisemitism itā€™s baffling.

Maybe Iā€™m being incredibly stupid, but I didnā€™t think this is a competition to see who has it worse. šŸ„“
You're exactly right. We can't lose sight of the Palestinians reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Saw this on AlJazeera.
argh Hamas want 30 Palestinians back for every hostage, can see how this gives Israel an opportunity to say no.

and in the second stage they want all Palestinian prisoners released?

That's never going to happen.

Sceptical head on me says they (Hamas) knew Israel would never agree to this deal.
---

I dont get why that would even be a problem? Its part of the conflict, the rise in antisemitism is a direct consequence of the conflict there.

Reactions: 7
argh Hamas want 30 Palestinians back for every hostage, can see how this gives Israel an opportunity to say no.

and in the second stage they want all Palestinian prisoners released?

Sceptical head on me says they (Hamas) knew Israel would never agree to this deal.
---

I dont get why that would even be a problem? Its part of the conflict, the rise in antisemitism is a direct consequence of the conflict there.
Proportionally, Israel hold many more Palestinian prisoners than Hamas do. So why wouldnā€™t it be accepted? Because the Israeli lives are worth more? Weā€™ve already seen they mean nothing to Netanyahu, or else why would he refuse? The deal is there to get them ALL back. Why would releasing more Palestinians be a problem to him? Why does he still want more Palestinian prisoners? Donā€™t you see how ridiculous that argument is?

Also bearing in mind that a large majority of those ā€˜prisonersā€™ in Israel are held without charge or trial. Including an 8 year old boy who was shot just the other day.

Reactions: 12
After watching last nights destruction and considering the indifference from the rest of the world to the IOF atrocities I got to thinking (I know ridiculously) lets just get all the Palestinians out of Palestine, let the fecking Israelis have it all, they can all just fecking sit in there and rot, the rest of the world can cease trading with them, no airlines or ships service the place and they can all just sit there and think how bloody wonderful they feel knowing the whole world hates them but they have all the land, then they can all just go to hell.
The Palestinians can go live some beautiful place, peacefully and just enjoy their lives.

Reactions: 13
My point is that the way itā€™s posted, like the two are the same and it canā€™t possibly be true that children are being murdered because look at whatā€™s happening here.

Proportionally, Israel hold many more Palestinian prisoners than Hamas do. So why wouldnā€™t it be accepted? Because the Israeli lives are worth more? Weā€™ve already seen they mean nothing to Netanyahu, or else why would he refuse? The deal is there to get them ALL back. Why would releasing more Palestinians be a problem to him? Why does he still want more Palestinian prisoners? Donā€™t you see how ridiculous that argument is?

Also bearing in mind that a large majority of those ā€˜prisonersā€™ in Israel are held without charge or trial. Including an 8 year old boy who was shot just the other day.
I donā€™t believe it is a problem/the OP was saying it was. Itā€™s something Isreal will use to continue to bomb Gaza because their argument is that all/most of those people will be hamas so they wonā€™t want to release them which obviously is ridiculous to the normal person because those people are mostly innocent civilians that have been imprisoned wrongly, with no trial for doing nothing.
But the brain washing is ā€œtheyā€™re all hamasā€ so if they release these people, theyā€™re re-arming hamas which tbh, I actually think is part true. Half of those people that have been imprisoned wrongly, their homes have been destroyed, their familyā€™s have been murdered..what do they have to live for anymore? Some of them probably will fight back.
This is what I meant by the bombing to ā€œwipe out hamasā€ will never happen because of Israelā€™s actions

Reactions: 6
Half of those people that have been imprisoned wrongly, their homes have been destroyed, their familyā€™s have been murdered..what do they have to live for anymore? Some of them probably will fight back.
This is what I meant by the bombing to ā€œwipe out hamasā€ will never happen because of Israelā€™s actions
Exactly. What are some kids orphaned due to Israeli bombs going to do when they grow up? Pick up a weapon and fight back. Then be labelled a terrorist. Israelā€™s strategy of ā€˜wiping out Hamasā€™ only works if they kill every single person otherwise people will fight back. And so the cycle of violence will continue.

Reactions: 15
My point is that the way itā€™s posted, like the two are the same and it canā€™t possibly be true that children are being murdered because look at whatā€™s happening here.
"Down there are people who will follow any dragon, worship any god, ignore any iniquity. They accept evil not because they say yes, but because they don't say no." - Terry Pratchett

Yep, the cycle just continues. This, and the land grab, is the reason why Isreal will not stop or agree to any deal. I just wish everyone else would step in and stop it all and force them to accept this deal and then separate the two into two states where neither have involvement with the other - I know this will never happen but you can wish canā€™t you šŸ˜”

Reactions: 8

This is exactly what happens every time thereā€™s a hostage swap * because
1. Israelis think their lives are worth at least 30 times more than the Palestinians *
2. Thatā€™s why the Israelis continually take thousands (currently 10000) of Palestinians including children and women and hold them without charge or on trumped up charges in military prisonsā€¦ergo hostages**
3. Thatā€™s why the delightful Israelis constructed the Hannibal directive - and thatā€™s why only a few hundred hostages were taken rather than many moreā€¦because the Israelis blew them up with helicopters and tanks and then tried to pin it on Hamas. Thatā€™s why they killed 3 of their own hostages and have done fk all to safely release the others - dead hostages work better for Israel
*see the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange where a 2011 agreement between Israel and Hamas to release Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit in exchange for 1,027 prisoners
**About 3,660 Palestinians being held in Israel are under administrative detention, according to Addameer. An administrative detainee is someone held in prison without charge or trial
***https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67745092.amp

I feel that a lot of people are uneducated on the difference between Judaism and Zionism and I know the lines are blurred with some denominations but not all because many Jews are appalled by whatā€™s happening and theyā€™re out there demonstrating and being active on SM and expressing their dislike of the current situation/government in Israel.
I think many just clump all Jews as pro Israel/Arab haters but thatā€™s not true but I see how that could cause an issue as it does when xenophobes label all Muslims as terrorists.
I tend to judge people on a case by case basis regardless of any religion or colour and if I think hey youā€™re a good person then thatā€™s good enough for me.
---

Plus it was an Israeli deal I know mediators put it forward headed by the Americans but come on it was given the green light first because the Americans wouldnā€™t have put it forward otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Well to Israel (not to us outside Israel\Palestine), yes the Israeli lives are worth more. So they wont accept a 30/1 ratio of captive swap. I feel that's fairly obvious. it was a ceasefire proposal that was designed to fail IMO.

Heres Piers Morgan poking holes in the Israeli govt spokespersons argument.

---
I totally don't see it that way, I see Palestine being eviscerated and normal Jewish people in countries outside of Israel suffering the consequences of their governments' action (goes without saying incomparable than the Palestinian genocide but absolutely should not be happening all the same.)

Reactions: 6
After watching last nights destruction and considering the indifference from the rest of the world to the IOF atrocities I got to thinking (I know ridiculously) lets just get all the Palestinians out of Palestine, let the fecking Israelis have it all, they can all just fecking sit in there and rot, the rest of the world can cease trading with them, no airlines or ships service the place and they can all just sit there and think how bloody wonderful they feel knowing the whole world hates them but they have all the land, then they can all just go to hell.
The Palestinians can go live some beautiful place, peacefully and just enjoy their lives.
Even if they manage to get rid of every Palestinian in Gaza, they won't stop there. They'll go even harder on the West Bank and try to expand into Southern Lebanon and god know where else. What I'm looking for is some sort of realisation of the scale of the crimes they've committed, a 'what have we done' moment of horror and regret that appears unlikely to ever come.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I feel that a lot of people are uneducated on the difference between Judaism and Zionism
Yeah, tell my dumb dumb prime minister that. Actually, I will give him a piece of my mind, the twerp. Here's the clip where he says "Zionism is not a dirty word."

• Heart
Reactions: 7
[/QUOTE]
Thousands, possibly millions, of Jews disagree with you. But how can some perceived hurty feelings in Manchester have any bearing on whatā€™s occurring in the Middle East? Pretty sure a fellow zio of yours asked why discuss the merits of the Labour as they canā€™t get a ceasefire? I mean fkng hell if the opposition party, who are said to become the next government of the UK, canā€™t be discussed in this context then Iā€™m damn sure some videos of, who knows what, with someone allegedly being antisemitic in a park in Manchester, in the midst of discussions about ACTUAL real images of ethnic cleansing and genocide, can get in the bin.

Outside of Palestine itself there have been people killed because they are Palestinian, there have been people shot at resulting in life changing injuries because they were Palestinian, there have been people who have lost their jobs, been cancelled because of their pro Palestinian views, there are currently students being dragged, beaten and physically assaulted by police and Zionists for peacefully demonstrating and asking for a ceasefire. Proportionally matters to most but obviously not anyone who supports Israel because we know that 800 civilians killed - many at their own hands - means that 40,000 + Palestinian deaths is not enough, starving 2 million Palestinians is not enough, orphaning 20000 Palestinian children is not enough, injuring 100,000 Palestinians is not enough, destroying the home and infrastructure of over 2 million Palestinians is not enough- we know that enough will be when all of Palestine is occupied by Israel and all Palestinians are erased from their land.

Reactions: 11
I totally don't see it that way, I see Palestine being eviscerated and normal Jewish people in countries outside of Israel suffering the consequences of their governments' action (goes without saying incomparable than the Palestinian genocide but absolutely should not be happening all the same.)
Edit: Late night reading means I read your apostrophe in the wrong place, and I acknowledge this was not your meaning. I'll leave the post as is otherwise, as I still believe the point, but I fully recognise this was not your intention.

Something I want to point out here, that I think goes to part of why antisemitism is seeing a rise from all this - the Israeli government are not the government of Jewish people outside of Israel. They claim to represent the Jewish diaspora, and certainly love to claim that any resistance to or pushback on the actions of Israel is antisemitism, but they simply do not.
They are the government of Israel. They are becoming increasingly more authoritarian and enforcing the country as an ethnostate more and more with it, but that will never mean that they represent all Jews.

No Jewish citizen of another country should be attacked in the name of Israel, and nor should they place a higher value or lower expectation of adherence to international law on Israel.

A country being an ethnostate of someone's given ethnicity or ethnoreligious group does not mean that country represents them.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.