Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ha, 'well, if they haven't yet fired at people, are they really snipers' is like the new 'if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound'
Kettles boiling paint drying snipers firing
Can't decide on what emojis sickened and despairing

Reactions: 6
Allocating sympathy for both sides

Some people are also so accepting of what's happening in Gaza because they've believed that it should happen to someone else.
How much ridicule and scorn have protests with anti fascist aims faced over just the past 10 years? Plenty who vaguely disagree with these aims are getting by ok and aren't particularly oppressed as these ideas gain further traction, but what's happening in Palestine is a consequence of allowing these principles legitimacy.

Im just going back to @Dogmuck 's post about liberal Zionist being an oxymoron earlier. Sorry but I genuinely don't understand this? (hands up my non understanding is a wide net).
Have a majority of leaders and institutions who are seen as liberal this century opposed Zionism? I think liberals increasingly been defined as just not Trump.
In the UK i think liberals have been exposed as at best wanting to be right but not wanting change*. Think this was floodlit by snivelling contempt towards Labour 15-19 and Brexit (I voted remain but don't laud the eu).
I get that more and more progression and justice is wrung out of Labour every day, though there's been- sorry to say this more in the past tense- many committed members keeping their focus there. But again in this century islamophobia has been a constant feature.

Sorry if this is all ot but I guess I'm always trying to get at that Palestine can't be designated as one site of injustice, for 3/4 of a century ideologies and powers across the world have allowed and facilitated what it's been put through.
I guess basically I can't imagine the scale of change needed to address the scale of the suffering we've seen a fraction of.

*Classic tweet citation

But @Dogmuck please know I mean no disrespect to you and how you uphold your principles, that you're literally esteemed is recognised.
---

That's because the police were less opposed to those storming the Capitol building, and I don't think particularly because of Zionism though they'd happily cheer on it's implementation.

This isn't unprecedented
No offence taken @Atruck, you’re always very respectful, Im ashamed to admit, I should be more Atruck, as should some others here 🤨. I’ve only briefly scooted over your post and I’m just about to embark on a job I’ve been tardy about this week, I feel I need to clarify my position on “liberal Zionism being an oxymoron” in a more thoughtful manner, so know I’m not ignoring you I’ll be back to do it later when I’m not procrastinating this job. X

Reactions: 2
They’re not snipers oh whatever they’re intimidating and that was the intention these are only very young adults and intimidating them is just as bad 😡😡
I can’t even imagine how I would feel if there were men with guns roaming the roof of my school.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I don't feel knowledgeable or intelligent enough to know details of plausibility or implications but I just get churned every time the Israeli hostages are mentioned as the key to stopping this. They're not cocooned still points in the eye of this storm, and most of that is do to with Israel's hellfire. Israel has has more to do with their fates/situations then Hamas and that's not taking any responsibility away from their abductors.
Netanyahu doesn't want the hostages back, they are half the reason they use to keep attacking Gaza.
I remember hearing back when this started someone talking about how there would be hostage swaps, that is what had been happening for years and that is what Hamas grabbed the hostages for. Also one of the hostages was told they wouldn't be held for long, a swap would happen fairly quickly as was normally the case. Netanyahu realised early on that they could use the hostages as a reason to continue the attacking.
Israel wont agree to this, they want the land not hostages. Their response will be "if we have a ceasefire for 5 years it just gives Hamas time to re arm then attack us again". And they certainly won't want to go back to pre 1967 borders.
But I think there will be a fair amount of pressure on Netanyahu to accept and get the hostages back.
---
ha, 'well, if they haven't yet fired at people, are they really snipers' is like the new 'if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound'
Sorry, that makes no sense. What are they watching for?? So they see someone looking aggressive in the crowd do they then radio one of the cops on the ground and tell them to check it out? Wouldn't it be more effective for the cops on the ground to just keep walking among the protestors. This pici was in response to that post that they werent shooters. Obviously I don't know if this is fake image, but that story of them just watching just sounds a bit lame.

shooter.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Responding to student protests with violence rarely sees an end to the protesting, nor does it reflect well in history.

On the note of the hostages, the numbers being indicated as killed in Israeli bombings or ground invasions doesn't sound unlikely, sadly. As to whether they have been tortured obviously we won't know until those still living are released, if any survive to see the end of this, but the stories that came out of those released wouldn't make me jump to the assumption.
The most common refrain from those previously released was lack of food, which unfortunately would be expected when Gaza was being deprived of food. If we do see any survivors, it should also be remembered that a lack of food, potable water, and access to medical supplies or personnel must be expected as that is the case for every living soul in Gaza. Whether Israeli hostage or Palestinian, the bombs, bullets, starvation, and disease doesn't discriminate.

Even for those who only care about the Israeli hostages in Gaza, surely you must realise that the actions of the IDF and Israeli government (and civilians, in the case of those intentionally blocking aid from entering) are a direct and constant threat to the lives of those hostages.

Reactions: 13
Bless these people. I guess these rabbis must be antisemitic too, how dare they try to feed hungry Palestinians 🙄

Reactions: 10
No offence taken @Atruck, you’re always very respectful, Im ashamed to admit, I should be more Atruck, as should some others here 🤨. I’ve only briefly scooted over your post and I’m just about to embark on a job I’ve been tardy about this week, I feel I need to clarify my position on “liberal Zionism being an oxymoron” in a more thoughtful manner, so know I’m not ignoring you I’ll be back to do it later when I’m not procrastinating this job. X
Ah bless thanks, honestly you don't owe a response or need to clarify anything though I appreciate any thoughts.
This thread gives me a chance to let out some breath and vent/ramble beyond a constant devastated wtf reaction and I hinged that on the deserved diss you were delivering in that post re liberals.

Pls bask in your win against procrastination

PS the line my post stared with about both sides sympathy was left over from a deleted draft by mistake

• Heart
God moves in mysterious ways. Itamar Ben Ghafir is the head of Israeli security and one of the most racist members of the Israeli parliament.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if that video is legit. She could just be some US student part of some tit stirring group.

Reactions: 7
Ah bless thanks, honestly you don't owe a response or need to clarify anything though I appreciate any thoughts.
This thread gives me a chance to let out some breath and vent/ramble beyond a constant devastated wtf reaction and I hinged that on the deserved diss you were delivering in that post re liberals.

Pls bask in your win against procrastination

PS the line my post stared with about both sides sympathy was left over from a deleted draft by mistake
Gonna put this under a spoiler so as to not derail the flow
Im just going back to @Dogmuck 's post about liberal Zionist being an oxymoron earlier. Sorry but I genuinely don't understand this? (hands up my non understanding is a wide net).

What I mean by this is…

We see many, so called, liberals who also admit they are fully paid up card carrying Zionist. My point is that you can’t be a liberal or hold libertarian values and be a Zionist because the two are contradictory, thus me calling liberal Zionist oxymorons. For example liberalism is defined as

willingness to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; openness to new ideas.

a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

Zionism claims, at best, to be a “political movement for the establishment and support of a national homeland for Jews.”

We know, for a fact, that the establishment of this homeland involved murdering and displacing hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and refusing to let them return. We know for a fact that the support of this homeland involves maintaining the violence, oppression, murder, settlements and apartheid of the Palestinians. We know and have seen that the Zionist homeland, Israel, doesn’t respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from their own, it doesn’t promote individual rights or civil liberties. Zionism promotes the ideal of a single state exclusively for Jews and runs a two tier apartheid system.

So you’ll experience these “liberal“ Zionist crying out on social media “where are the BLM folk we stood with you? Where are the gays, we fought for your rights and if you were gay in Palestine you’d be thrown off a roof! Where are the pro choice people, we marched with you to give you the choice of your bodies and now Khamaaas are ripping unborn babies out of our women where are you? Where are all the feminists our women are being SA/raped why are you not standing with Israel???!
Basically their liberalism is selective and comes with conditions. In conclusion my point is that one can’t be marching and shouting for western rights calling yourself a liberal whilst simultaneously supporting and cheering the oppression and stripping away of Palestinian and other Arab nation’s rights.

Does that make sense and answer your question?

• Heart
I wonder if that video is legit. She could just be some US student part of some tit stirring group.
She seems very 'open' and loud about it, which is a bit weird. That said, it happens all the time with various countries, the CCP are terrible for it, the Islamic Republic too, someone was just caught working for an MP in the UK. I bet most countries have IA's in uni's.

Reactions: 3
I agree that the support is selective and I think it boils down to the bullying nature of the Zionists their go to response to anything they dislike is to trash the persons credibility and to label them an anti semite.
When I watched the acceptance speech by the British director at the Oscar’s I was surprised at the positive response he received and because he is Jewish people felt that they could openly applaud without being labelled.
The students at the uni protests are being labelled as Hamas/terrorist supporters and anti Israel extremists and their goal is to intimidate other Jewish students on campus and this is being spread in the MSM.
The students are being threatened and intimidated for having the audacity to protest a Genocide.
The thing is bad things happen when good people refuse to take a stand but I guess it boils down to one thing as in what it is going to cost them personally and a cause is all well and good unless it’s going to have a negative impact on their personal lives .

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.