Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is literally no point engaging with anyone, who after six months, thinks that this is anything but a horror show.
Don't give them the time of day.
I know I shouldn’t have bitten. People like that need to be studied, clearly delusional.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If you can be this precise when killing Khaaaamasss, why 35000 people, 70% of which are women and children, murdered? I imagine the image of a dead horse will move people more than the image of half a child’s torso hanging from a blown up house, but 🤷‍♀️ this is life.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Bullies, this will only mean one thing bigger protests and encampments.
I commented after the first protest was shown here saying their bullying tactics would only make the protests mushroom because even people with no interest will come to uphold the rights of the students to have their say and it did mushroom to more universities. I stand by that and I think this will get bigger and more people will join.

Reactions: 4
I commented after the first protest was shown here saying their bullying tactics would only make the protests mushroom because even people with no interest will come to uphold the rights of the students to have their say and it did mushroom to more universities. I stand by that and I think this will get bigger and more people will join.
They will get bigger but equally, I am even more convinced now that protesters will be shot and murdered by the police.

Reactions: 5
They will get bigger but equally, I am even more convinced now that protesters will be shot and murdered by the police.
That’s the worry isn’t it and it just shows how deeply Zionism is ingrained into the fabric of society in the west because when it comes to a Zionist being offended or the right of free speech then free speech is quashed with force even if you’re one of the elite/privilidged in that society.

Again, as I have thought it before, maybe this will actually make a difference. I knew the change would have to come from the US but never thought of students making the change. I agree the more push back the students get the more they will dig their heals in and more and more universities will join. If they were my students I would be soo proud. 💪

• Heart
I've seen videos which seem to show the police discharging live ammo at the protests. But regardless of whether they will be shot specifically, it's only a matter of time before people are killed or seriously injured, the way they're slamming protesters to the ground, putting them in chokeholds, etc.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I don't hold out much hope. We are witnessing the collapse of democracy, I wouldn't put anything past them.
Ok I hear you BUT remember when they stormed the Capitol building the guards were running around with weapons but they didn't actually use them and that was on violent adults, these are peaceful kids. If the do start shooting then that just goes to show the Zionists have more power in the US than anyone realises. They will kill kids staging a peaceful anti war protest against zionists but they don't kill violent thugs storming their parliament building. Just how many police did attend the Capitol building that day???

Allocating sympathy for both sides
Here are the police escalating the situation. I just think people need a reminder of what the world is really like. I think a lot of why some people are so accepting of whats in Gaza is because they have convinced themselves it could never happen to them.
Some people are also so accepting of what's happening in Gaza because they've believed that it should happen to someone else.
How much ridicule and scorn have protests with anti fascist aims faced over just the past 10 years? Plenty who vaguely disagree with these aims are getting by ok and aren't particularly oppressed as these ideas gain further traction, but what's happening in Palestine is a consequence of allowing these principles legitimacy.

Im just going back to @Dogmuck 's post about liberal Zionist being an oxymoron earlier. Sorry but I genuinely don't understand this? (hands up my non understanding is a wide net).
Have a majority of leaders and institutions who are seen as liberal this century opposed Zionism? I think liberals increasingly been defined as just not Trump.
In the UK i think liberals have been exposed as at best wanting to be right but not wanting change*. Think this was floodlit by snivelling contempt towards Labour 15-19 and Brexit (I voted remain but don't laud the eu).
I get that more and more progression and justice is wrung out of Labour every day, though there's been- sorry to say this more in the past tense- many committed members keeping their focus there. But again in this century islamophobia has been a constant feature.

Sorry if this is all ot but I guess I'm always trying to get at that Palestine can't be designated as one site of injustice, for 3/4 of a century ideologies and powers across the world have allowed and facilitated what it's been put through.
I guess basically I can't imagine the scale of change needed to address the scale of the suffering we've seen a fraction of.

*Classic tweet citation

But @Dogmuck please know I mean no disrespect to you and how you uphold your principles, that you're literally esteemed is recognised.
---
Ok I hear you BUT remember when they stormed the Capitol building the guards were running around with weapons but they didn't actually use them and that was on violent adults, these are peaceful kids. If the do start shooting then that just goes to show the Zionists have more power in the US than anyone realises. They will kill kids staging a peaceful anti war protest against zionists but they don't kill violent thugs storming their parliament building. Just how many police did attend the Capitol building that day???
That's because the police were less opposed to those storming the Capitol building, and I don't think particularly because of Zionism though they'd happily cheer on it's implementation.

This isn't unprecedented

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just an update on negotiations if you have t seen it. I imagine Hamas will release all hostages for this deal.

ISTANBUL (AP) — A top Hamas political official told The Associated Press the Islamic militant group is willing to agree to a truce of five years or more with Israel and that it would lay down its weapons and convert into a political party if an independent Palestinian state is established along pre-1967 borders.
The comments by Khalil al-Hayya in an interview Wednesday came amid a stalemate in months of talks for a cease-fire in Gaza. The suggestion that Hamas would disarm appeared to be a significant concession by the militant group officially committed to Israel’s destruction.

Reactions: 6
Yes but there is a belief that the police were in on the storming of the Capitol as it was so intrinsically linked with white supremacy.

If it doesn't happen I'll be delighted, if it does, I won't be surprised, put it that way.

Oh it's fine they're only in a watching position. bleeping hell these benign descriptions though all this
ha, 'well, if they haven't yet fired at people, are they really snipers' is like the new 'if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound'

• Heart
Just an update on negotiations if you have t seen it. I imagine Hamas will release all hostages for this deal.

ISTANBUL (AP) — A top Hamas political official told The Associated Press the Islamic militant group is willing to agree to a truce of five years or more with Israel and that it would lay down its weapons and convert into a political party if an independent Palestinian state is established along pre-1967 borders.
The comments by Khalil al-Hayya in an interview Wednesday came amid a stalemate in months of talks for a cease-fire in Gaza. The suggestion that Hamas would disarm appeared to be a significant concession by the militant group officially committed to Israel’s destruction.
I don't feel knowledgeable or intelligent enough to know details of plausibility or implications but I just get churned every time the Israeli hostages are mentioned as the key to stopping this. They're not cocooned still points in the eye of this storm, and most of that is do to with Israel's hellfire. Israel has has more to do with their fates/situations then Hamas and that's not taking any responsibility away from their abductors.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.