Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They wonā€™t cope without UNWRA because they have the infrastructure in place and the trust of the population I feel theyā€™re irreplaceable.
They arenā€™t! This is shady af. The western powers of US and UK sending in their military should not be an option unless Israel withdraws. This feels like 3rd party support for occupation of Gaza.

Also heard yesterday that the Israelis have dropped over 750,000 tons of bombs on Gaza and that 10% havenā€™t detonated. Thereā€™s now 37 million tons of rubble that will take 14 years at 100 trucks a day to remove. So even if this bombardment stopped now, thereā€™s a 14 year clear up and nowhere for Palestinians to safely live because under all that rubble are bombs. This was always the Israelis plan, to completely trash Gaza so it was uninhabitable, get the Palestinians out to another country then they are no longer Palestinians but just ā€œArabsā€ and therefore have no claim on that piece of land. The arrogance of the Israelis, that they are happy to completely fk that land, knowing they will have to spend billions (hello American tax dollar) and it will take years to develop but that they will have ultimately got the land they were after and then they only have to deal with the bits of the West Bank they havenā€™t stolen šŸ˜”

Fortunately the blinkers are off and the world is waking up to the zios. The American campus kids is so significant, what they are doing is going to change the course of the Palestinians lives and may well drag down Zionism, Iā€™m here for it. The Israelis will have to clear out their illegal settlers in the West Bank and allow the 2m Gazan to live in those homes (the settlers can go back to their country of origin obvs, no detention or arrest or anything they can just go home) while Gaza is rebuilt. Simples.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
They arenā€™t! This is shady af. The western powers of US and UK sending in their military should not be an option unless Israel withdraws. This feels like 3rd party support for occupation of Gaza.

Also heard yesterday that the Israelis have dropped over 750,000 tons of bombs on Gaza and that 10% havenā€™t detonated. Thereā€™s now 37 million tons of rubble that will take 14 years at 100 trucks a day to remove. So even if this bombardment stopped now, thereā€™s a 14 year clear up and nowhere for Palestinians to safely live because under all that rubble are bombs. This was always the Israelis plan, to completely trash Gaza so it was uninhabitable, get the Palestinians out to another country then they are no longer Palestinians but just ā€œArabsā€ and therefore have no claim on that piece of land. The arrogance of the Israelis, that they are happy to completely fk that land, knowing they will have to spend billions (hello American tax dollar) and it will take years to develop but that they will have ultimately got the land they were after and then they only have to deal with the bits of the West Bank they havenā€™t stolen šŸ˜”

Fortunately the blinkers are off and the world is waking up to the zios. The American campus kids is so significant, what they are doing is going to change the course of the Palestinians lives and may well drag down Zionism, Iā€™m here for it. The Israelis will have to clear out their illegal settlers in the West Bank and allow the 2m Gazan to live in those homes (the settlers can go back to their country of origin obvs, no detention or arrest or anything they can just go home) while Gaza is rebuilt. Simples.
Yeh I read similar and youā€™re right it does seem like support for the occupation Dogmuck itā€™s heinous.
Staying in the same vein I read yesterday in the Israeli press that reports are still being made regarding the Zionists pushing the Palestinians into the Sinai and theyā€™re still pressuring the Egyptian Government but the Egyptians are not budging because they donā€™t wanna be the one to take away their home.
I guess anything is possible at this point the port clearly isnā€™t for aid purpose because it can only handle a hundred trucks of aid a day which is pocket change really isnā€™t it ?
The ā€œtent cityā€ is more like a tent village because there is not enough tents for millions of people so yeh thatā€™s clearly all for show.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I have just read a book called The Modern Middle East. It is written by a BBC correspondent so you have to remember any bias. But it was a really interesting, informative book. There is a chapter about Gaza. But also about the Middle East more broadly and how/why certain countries are in the pockets of others. And how the West has caused so much damage to the region for their own gain.

I'd recommend it if you wanted to learn more about the politics of the region and some history. It doesn't go back decades but does give a firm footing into the mess of the region.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Pleased to see Aussie students protesting too. :) šŸ’Ŗ
I have just had a thought - imagine if we are here posting stories and comments of the settlers being kicked out, Palestinians moving back into their homes in West Bank, Gazans getting the cities rebuilt. Wouldn't it just be amazing to be celebrating together.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He's right, of course. None of those kids could find Gaza on a map. It's become the new climate change protest, they'll move onto something else in a month or so. Meanwhile that fool Khymani James has been expelled from campus and made himself unemployable for life, .all in support of a group who would happily cut his head off for being 'queer.'

Jen667 you are an absolute fool. Your stupidity would be comical if it werenā€™t so hateful and dangerous. You need to do some urgent self reflection. Downplaying these college encampments is naive of you. Moving onto something else in a month? Many of these people have been marching every week for 7 months during this genocide, and thereā€™s no sign of the momentum slowing down. In fact, the movement is growing. The more people learn about Palestine, the harder it is to swallow the media bias and Israeli narrative. People with a shred of intelligence and humanity are rightly angry and feel called to demonstrate in solidarity with Palestinians. Iā€™m in awe of them. You should ask why the majority of academics and historians worth a shred side with Palestine.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Jen667 you are an absolute fool. Your stupidity would be comical if it werenā€™t so hateful and dangerous. You need to do some urgent self reflection. Downplaying these college encampments is naive of you. Moving onto something else in a month? Many of these people have been marching every week for 7 months during this genocide, and thereā€™s no sign of the momentum slowing down. In fact, the movement is growing. The more people learn about Palestine, the harder it is to swallow the media bias and Israeli narrative. People with a shred of intelligence and humanity are rightly angry and feel called to demonstrate in solidarity with Palestinians. Iā€™m in awe of them. You should ask why the majority of academics and historians worth a shred side with Palestine.
Thinking the demonstrators are idiots doesn't mean you don't have humanity and it doesn't make you hateful. Saying you don't think that Zionists deserve to live, on the other hand, and that you 'hate' all white people IS hateful. Holding up 'death to all Jews' slogans is also hateful.
University is a time to be dumb and reckless, I get that. But the trouble with being too open minded is that your brain might fall out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Free Palestine

One of these is very apt for deluded genocidal contributors here
71170013-a07b-44ba-9a3f-911ad6230319.jpeg
9e1cbc1f-0166-4d2b-8a25-245c67c8153b.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Free Palestine

One of these is very apt for deluded genocidal contributors hereView attachment 2900616View attachment 2900617
The people of Gaza ARE the victims. They're the victims because their leaders don't care about them and started a fight they knew they could never win. There are reports this week that they bombed the humanitarian aid pier that's being built. Hamas don't care if their citizens live or die, they don't want aid coming in (unless they can steal it and sell it at marked up prices). Put that on a placard

I think I think somewhere in the middle. Iā€™m happy the students are applying pressure in their way, protesting against the genocide.

however I do also agree some of them have a tendency to wear their ā€˜causesā€™ like hats, changing to suit the trend. The problem with this is of course when the issue they are protesting against is superseded by another thing, then they finish uni, get a job and abandon the cause altogether.

Reactions: 2
I think I think somewhere in the middle. Iā€™m happy the students are applying pressure in their way, protesting against the genocide.

however I do also agree some of them have a tendency to wear their ā€˜causesā€™ like hats, changing to suit the trend. The problem with this is of course when the issue they are protesting against is superseded by another thing, then they finish uni, get a job and abandon the cause altogether.
No problem at all with student protest but not when your protest means that Jewish pupils are told to stay home for their own safety. I'd have less of an issue if they were clearly peace protests, but they're not. Calling for a 'final solution' and shouting 'go home' at Jews isn't peaceful. There are so many videos doing the rounds of students being asked to name the river and sea that they're singing about, and they can't. They're asked what 'intifada' means and they don't know.

• Haha
Absolutely šŸ‘
The truth is students have always been at the forefront of change for example the end of the Vietnam war and the abolishment of apartheid in South Africa.
The protests were on the right side of history then and they are on the right side of history now.
Things always get worse before they get better and itā€™s clear that the Zionists are on the back foot because theyā€™re getting more outlandish and ridiculous by the minute.

Reactions: 10
wear their ā€˜causesā€™ like hats
Talking of this - exactly my point about liberal Zionist they support whatever cause is on trend, proclaiming to be liberal whilst supporting genocide, ethnic cleansing, brutality, SA and apartheid. Canā€™t get any worse for cause surfing than a Zionist because they then demand everyone sides with them and also play the victim.

At least these students can claim the naivety of youth, when youā€™re young youā€™re not jaded by life and you have collective hope in what youā€™re fighting for. Zionistsā€¦not so much

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.