Israeli - Palestinian conflict #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the statement there was that the "pursuit of Hamas" is being used as the covering statement for the massacre of civilians. The reason the count for civilians killed is based on women and children is because every male over the age of 18 is written off as a possible terrorist.

With every hospital, school, university, or public building bombed the excuse is that it's apparently necessary to commit war crimes because Hamas might be in the building or area. Every Palestinian killed is labelled a terrorist until proved otherwise.

You don't massacre a civilian population in pursuit of militias and claim you were justified. If Nevada were flattened and the population bombed, starved, and shot on grounds that there are army bases that are full of soldiers that have killed civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan, we'd all be rightly horrified.
---

Just as an FYI, the Israeli Military Censor undermines the claim Israel has a free press.

There have also been arrests, assaults, and attacks of journalists, even outside of the blatant targeting of journalists in Gaza and Lebanon since October 7th.

Israel have a fee press so long as that press aren't too far out of line with the beliefs of the Israeli government.
But it doesn't alter the fact that there is still a vibrant and free press. Yes there will be military restrictions and, yes, they can get too heavy handed. The MOD in this country can (and does) impose blackouts on press if they consider the reporting to threaten security. There are no political rights, civil liberties or free press in Gaza.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
This didn’t start in 1940, it has been going on for millennia. The pursuit of Hamas is not ridiculous in terms of a terrorist organisation attacking a sovereign country. You would expect any country to retaliate. I did say it was the level of retaliation that has been highly questionable. We know that the Israelis have some of the best intel and special forces and a more targeted approach towards the Hamas leadership was expected. Of course the reprisals are rightly being called out but innocent people have suffered on both sides for centuries. It is way too simplistic to point the finger at one side. This conflict exists because two peoples have yet to find a way to live beside each other in peace. Netanyahu want to wipe the Palestinians off the face of the planet. Hamas wants to wipe Israel off the face of the planet. As I said before, it is the innocent civilians on both sides who pay the price for rampant nationalism.
Honestly have no idea what you're talking about Moley. Israel formed in 1948 and Hamas in 1987, so I really don't see how people in both sides have suffered for centuries.

What I do know is that Jews suffered for centuries in Europe. Whether that was the Spanish Inquisition, Russian pogroms or Nazi Holocaust. Isn't that what led to mass migration and eventually the establishment of an Israeli state? Or was all of Europe part of Hamas too?

The two-sideism is tiring. The false narratives are tiring. The exaggerations are tiring. More than anything though, the continuous, indiscriminate bombardment of children is tiring. But you never really want to address that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It scares me that these people turning a blind eye to the dead babies may have children of their own and are raising the next generation of hate.

I cannot comprehend that though pattern. The way women and children have been picked off is just like in Laos, Cambodia etc. where there just picked off one sex so that when the dust settles reproduction is hard. That is exactly what they are doing here, wiping out the mamas so that they are just left with men. When I visited Laos the average age was 22. It is now 23.5. This will be Palestine if any of Palestine remains. They wiped out one sex and stopped them being able to marry, bring the generation into life. Depressing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
There are no political rights, civil liberties or free press in Gaza.
I'm sorry but what in the F are you talking about? On the day Israel has tortured and kidnapped an entire AJ team you're acting as though you care about Gaza's free press?

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.08.46.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14
But it doesn't alter the fact that there is still a vibrant and free press. Yes there will be military restrictions and, yes, they can get too heavy handed. The MOD in this country can (and does) impose blackouts on press if they consider the reporting to threaten security. There are no political rights, civil liberties or free press in Gaza.
Oh how dare they?! The shock, the horror! Let's just bomb innocent Palestinian children then since they don't have free press in Gaza. 🙄

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry but what in the F are you talking about? On the day Israel has tortured and kidnapped an entire AJ team you're acting as though you care about Gaza's free press?

View attachment 2822264

I'm not sure what you think this proves? Most of this were killed in air strikes.

Reactions: 1
I think you've just misunderstood the meaning of a 'free press.'
If you'd like to explain the point you're making, do feel free. But please don't pretend to care about the state of the press in Gaza while ignoring the fact that Israel have deliberately murdered, kidnapped, and/or displaced most of its journalists and in many cases targeted their families too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
If you'd like to explain the point you're making, do feel free. But please don't pretend to care about the state of the press in Gaza while ignoring the fact that Israel have deliberately murdered and/or displaced most of its journalists and in many cases targeted their families too.
It was a point I was making in discussion with another poster. Nothing to do with hospitals, babies or whatever else you want to throw into the mix

Pretty sure Gazans would happily accept not having a free press in exchange for not being bombed to duck every two minutes by Israel 🙄🙄

Reactions: 8
Pretty sure Gazans would happily accept not having a free press in exchange for not being bombed to duck every two minutes by Israel 🙄🙄
I'm sure they would too. Two things can be true at the same time you know. It can be appalling that Gazans have no freedom or civil liberties and also appalling that they live under attack.

How do you block someone who doesn't post and has their profile limited, when I click on their name on a post that they have reacted to there is no option for me to block them?

Reactions: 5
I've read it, and I don't understand your point which is why I'm asking you to clarify.
To clarify Jenocide667's point, Palestinians need free press to criticise Hamas but Israel can deliberately kill journalists (as long as it's by airstrike!) to stop the world from seeing the truth and criticising Israel. Weird, warped interpretation of free press.

Doubt there's a single Gazan that gives a flying duck about free press right now. Is there even a newspaper printing press that hasn't been bombed?! I'm sure Hamas must've used them as human shields.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm sure they would too. Two things can be true at the same time you know. It can be appalling that Gazans have no freedom or civil liberties and also appalling that they live under attack.
Tell that to Israel 🙄
---
To clarify Jenocide667's point, Palestinians need free press to criticise Hamas but Israel can deliberately kill journalists (as long as it's by airstrike!) to stop the world from seeing the truth and criticising Israel. Weird, warped interpretation of free press.

Doubt there's a single Gazan that gives a flying duck about free press right now. Is there even a newspaper printing press that hasn't been bombed?! I'm sure Hamas must've used them as human shields.
Zionists pick the weirdest things to be offended about on behalf of Gazans. Never mind the dead, blown up babies or 30,000+ dead civilians - why do they not have free press?!!? 🙄

Reactions: 11

Yes, well done. That's exactly what I said. You didn't slip the words 'genocide' and 'zionist' in there though. Slipping!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.