Is your adult life anything like you imagined it would be?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I expected to fall in love, get married and have children (as that's just what you do). I've done the first two, but decided against the children. Spent over 5 years helping my husband with his cancer diagnosis and treatments which definitely wasn't expected in my 20s/30s.

I do the job I picked when I was 14 though. I'm very good at it and I love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Hated school, but managed a good career that I enjoyed. Married at 23, struggled financially, but had two great kids. Husband became an alcoholic and died when we were in our 40s leaving me as a single mum.

I then met my current chap who I've been living with happily for the last twelve years - he supports me and we have lovely holidays together. My kids are grown up, both have degrees, good jobs, lovely partners, and I'm going to be a Gran for the first time next year.

So I would say to anyone who is feeling low, I've been there and I know it's a struggle. Pick yourself up, find a job that you enjoy, hopefully with a few great people. Don't be lonely - get out there. And I wish you all the very very best, love health and happiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 11