Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Ollie has alot to offer a child.
She's obviously a very caring person and is very good at picking herself up when she's down.

But financially I don't get her decision.
And she seems pretty scattered most of the time. I don't get that either.

I do wish her all the best though

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else think Sarah Burke doesn’t actually have fertility issues and is going to therapie as a collaboration and that’s why she won’t talk about it as she hasn’t a clue?
Also, what happened to the 90 cysts she claimed to have? Just upped and vanished.

I would never wish for the fertility treatment to not work for Ollie but I really don’t think she’s mature enough or organised enough for motherhood, yiu ahve to be on the ball and I just don’t feel Ollie has that get up and go about her. She’s also been without a kid for 40 years and has only had to look after herself and I know how hard the transition is as I had two between the age of 38-40 and I’m tired! It’s a lot harder when you’re older and I’d be a fit and healthy person.
That's a bit cruel. Regardless of what age a woman gets pregnant they've been without a child for XYZ years. Also, being in a relationship shouldn't mean that you are looking after someone else.

Reactions: 2
I really hope it works for Ollie. Yeah she’s a bit quirky, so what, she will still make a great mam I’m sure. No ones perfect, we all have our little habits that annoy other people. I’m sure before I had my first child at 24 many people would have looked at me and said I’d make a terrible mother for whatever reason. I’m 30 now, 4 kids in and winging it still and they are all happy out and healthy and that’s the main thing. I’m by no means a perfect mother, I make several parenting mistakes every day but such is life. I’m sure Ollie won’t be long getting into the swing of things when she hopefully becomes a mother, like the rest of us managed
(I’m a sarcastic cynical witch in real life btw, but even I just fail to see the malice in Ollie)

Reactions: 7
No one regardless of age is ever prepared for their first child no matter what they say
Thats exactly it. I did IVF and my baby was very much planned and christ the reality was v hard going. Like it still is at times but I'm nowhere near as hard on myself now about stuff. And I can enjoy it a lot more.

Reactions: 1
No one regardless of age is ever prepared for their first child no matter what they say
I absolutely agree. I think I was a bit harsh on Ollie in previous posts. I don't doubt that she would have a lot to give and I think she would make a loving and fun Mam. I do think she is a bit naive when it comes to things like the finances and logistical and practical side of parenting. But then again weren't we all. This is where a second parent usually comes in handy to pick up the bits that you drop, but not everyone has that luxury. I do hope she gets her BFP but I really hope that she has a lot of support because it is bloody hard. Even when it is all you've ever wanted!

I think I was a bit harsh on Ollie in previous posts.
Now that she's tamed down and isn't trying to educate the world on IVF I'm starting to feel bad about how harsh I was in my own head (I wasn't on tattle thankfully so I didn't write it!). I think it's because I'm going through the same process and the misinformation just killed me, all the wrong info just out there in the world, being taken as fact was tough!! It was like she was letting the side down or something - which I know is very irrational.

There's such a difference between sharing your journey and being a fertility spokesperson. Now that she's learnt that balance and is telling people HER story and her milestones she seems to be getting a lot more support. Even the tone on here has changed. If people want to get more info from her about the specifics I'm sure they can message her.

Hopefully she does read the well wishes now and gets all the positive vibes being sent her way for her BFP!

Look I wish Ollie well, but let's not forget the tirade she did about the poster who shared here that they were attending serum. They were feeling vulnerable about it and didn't like the idea of being filmed and shown to thousands of people on Instagram. It was story after story, it got aggressive and the "if I had a child I would teach them how to be kind", etc. She blasted that about another person going through ivf, who has possibly had multiple failed attempts. Feck all positive vibes only. Like it's been said here, would have had total respect
if she'd took down the hospital footage and said she wouldn't film there again. Instead she showed herself there when she reacted so strongly.

She's on Instagram, the papers and the radio for the attention and all the benefits it brings and she didn't have the maturity and common sense to realise that being so public also leaves her open to criticism.

I think she'd be a better parent if she did some self reflection and probably some consistent counselling with a professional. I know it benefited me and I still do some top up check in sessions every once in a while, and it definitely helps me as a parent. Instead of the transient connection she gets with her reiki/accupuncture/nails people I'd suggest doing consistent work with a counsellor that will challenge her and help her change her patterns. Becoming a parent is a time that stirs up a lot of stuff about how we were parented ourselves. But, that's just my opinion.

I do hope the tww is doing well for her, I'm not watching her anymore but am glad to read here that she's switched the focus to her personal experience. She has a v engaging personality, and I do wish her well.

Reactions: 10
Look I wish Ollie well, but let's not forget the tirade she did about the poster who shared here that they were attending serum. They were feeling vulnerable about it and didn't like the idea of being filmed and shown to thousands of people on Instagram. It was story after story, it got aggressive and the "if I had a child I would teach them how to be kind", etc.
Fair points - she did react very strongly to tattle life. I do think her friends should have kept their mouths shut about the site though, but she did act very poorly and aggressively.

Reactions: 4
Agreed. I found her response to tattle odd. If anything has taught me about life is that you can't control what others do/say.

I really hope that she gets her babies

Does anyone else think Sarah Burke doesn’t actually have fertility issues and is going to therapie as a collaboration and that’s why she won’t talk about it as she hasn’t a clue?
Also, what happened to the 90 cysts she claimed to have? Just upped and vanished.

I would never wish for the fertility treatment to not work for Ollie but I really don’t think she’s mature enough or organised enough for motherhood, yiu ahve to be on the ball and I just don’t feel Ollie has that get up and go about her. She’s also been without a kid for 40 years and has only had to look after herself and I know how hard the transition is as I had two between the age of 38-40 and I’m tired! It’s a lot harder when you’re older and I’d be a fit and healthy person.
That's a bit harsh. I am 46 and had my first baby a few months ago, my baby was unexpected and if anything it has made me. Who's to say this won't be the making of Ollie too?! I wish her all the best. Yes it is hard, but it is what it is and I am forever grateful for my little miracle.
There are 100's of young ones walking the streets of our Country who are in far worse situations and don't deserve to be parents. They can't even look after themselves let alone a baby! Nobody seems to have an opinion on them.

Karen coffey 🤦‍♀️

She already has that small child sitting in a high chair and into the toddler seat part of the pram. Why the hurry!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Karen coffey 🤦‍♀️

She already has that small child sitting in a high chair and into the toddler seat part of the pram. Why the hurry!
I never heard of her but just went over for a nosey. The first weeks of solids are purely for getting them used to spoons & cups etc. there’s no need to be practicing on a baby born in March 🙄

I never heard of her but just went over for a nosey. The first weeks of solids are purely for getting them used to spoons & cups etc. there’s no need to be practicing on a baby born in March 🙄

My baby was born start of March and I'm in no hurry to start weaning!

Ah Jaysus the child will be using a knife and fork if she's going to be practicing for the next 3 months 😂

That's a bit harsh. I am 46 and had my first baby a few months ago, my baby was unexpected and if anything it has made me. Who's to say this won't be the making of Ollie too?! I wish her all the best. Yes it is hard, but it is what it is and I am forever grateful for my little miracle.
There are 100's of young ones walking the streets of our Country who are in far worse situations and don't deserve to be parents. They can't even look after themselves let alone a baby! Nobody seems to have an opinion on them.
There aren't 100s of young ones on Instagram with over 10k followers with kids they can't look after that can be discussed here but im sure we all know many in real life who don't deserve to be parents. Granted there probably are a few that are discussed on tattle threads but isn't that the point of tattle? To discuss our opinions. So yeah we do have opinions on them you're probably just not on their threads.

I’m 38 n still trying to have a baby and really hope people wouldn’t think I’m not fit to be a parent 😪I’m also nowhere near the finish line as I’ve recently been advised to use a surrogate 💔 I’ve just started my research on this and it’s all very overwhelming! Seems to be different rules for NI & ROI. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who knows or has been through this? I follow Rosanna Davidson but she hasn’t went into detail. Thx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Why is remaining hopeful still hand expressing despite the fact it doesn’t seem to be agreeing with her or baby. She has more than enough stored for the baby at this stage.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m 38 n still trying to have a baby and really hope people wouldn’t think I’m not fit to be a parent 😪I’m also nowhere near the finish line as I’ve recently been advised to use a surrogate 💔 I’ve just started my research on this and it’s all very overwhelming! Seems to be different rules for NI & ROI. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who knows or has been through this? I follow Rosanna Davidson but she hasn’t went into detail. Thx
Best of luck in your journey. If you followed Olliesbabywish you might have a better understanding of the comments here about her. We don't tar all with the same brush just because she is a single woman at 40 wanting a child. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I am in the same boat.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.