Ireland - any stories from growing up?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
During this Covid-19 crisis, I volunteered to call 4 elderly ladies in the their 80s and 90s. Two of them I have a short friendly chat with, and another old lady could talk all day long. Funny thing is that all three of them say what a lovely friendly Irish accent I have!! Ha! Sadly the 4th lady that I got to call, first day I called her; it appeared she was in an abusive relationship, police were involved and she got rescued out of the situation. Anyway, just to say my other 3 ladies love my Irish accent!!

Reactions: 6
During this Covid-19 crisis, I volunteered to call 4 elderly ladies in the their 80s and 90s. Two of them I have a short friendly chat with, and another old lady could talk all day long. Funny thing is that all three of them say what a lovely friendly Irish accent I have!! Ha! Sadly the 4th lady that I got to call, first day I called her; it appeared she was in an abusive relationship, police were involved and she got rescued out of the situation. Anyway, just to say my other 3 ladies love my Irish accent!!
Sad to see the older generation still live by the old ways,put up and shut up.Thank god she got out of that situation ..

Reactions: 4
Irish potato recipes please?? Champ, colocanon, boxty, potato cakes??
My dad does a lovely champ and I've tried to recreate it..bear in mind we're in England now so.i don't know how traditional it is as he's still the one to make it when he goes visiting.

Mash, chopped boiled egg, spring onion, a little Spanish onion and then a secret combination of mayonnaise and salad cream but importantly no pepper as you add your own on your plate so it's fresh and it has to be garnished for presentation with sliced tomatoes. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
I remember every time my Granny won a few quid at the bingo she’d say “Bundoran here I come” 😂

I hope someone is on my wavelength with this one- why do all the contestants on winning streak always look so miserable? They’re on a show where everyone wins big money but they always look like someone’s just pissed in their coddle 🙈
cos the whole parish will know what they won and how much money they've got!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
cos the whole parish will know what they won and how much money they've got!!
lol never thought of that 😂 the parish priest would be expecting a nice hefty donation in the collection basket then too 😂

Reactions: 4
My parents used to strategically place it on the table at dinner time, even if we weren’t misbehaving. The sight of that wooden spoon would be enough to keel us quiet.
We "threaten" the dog with the wooden spoon if she misbehaves... all children in the household must be weary of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6