Ioan Gruffudd, Bianca Wallace, & Alice Evans #178 Ioan took a one way trip from A to B

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's not too bad here but tries to hog the limelight as usual. Ioan's body language is weirder. He seems a bit clingy.
Yes it is interesting he is holding on to her even though they are sitting quite a bit apart. It could be he needs reassurance and is clingy or feels she needs reassurance or demands support. Also she is indeed quite on cue and interesting and says relevant thing. The only issue is - P (cant stand the guy by the way) is actually mostly addressing Yo. And she is the one giving most answers. So the dynamic is - well, as we all know it

Reactions: 26
Is that true? Just googled that and couldn't find much apart from it being discussed here a while back.
it was heavily rumoured in the tabloids that she got banned.

and she acknowledged herself of being jealous
Alice Evans has confessed that she struggled with feelings of insecurity when her fiancé, Ioan Gruffudd, filmed the new Fantastic Four film with the gorgeous Jessica Alba. She said, "Wouldn't you be jealous? It was hard for my self-confidence of course." But Alice clearly has nothing to worried about – she is marrying her Welsh hunk in the autumn, and the loved-up Ioan described their planned nuptials: "We're having it across the pond, a September beach wedding. It's going to be quite a private affair."

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Is the reference she made to moving out because she doesn't want to pay I & B rent anymore a reference to Watts credits I wonder or does it indicate that Ioan has raised finance and bought the WeHo house and was charging her rent under the minimum 60 day leaseback arrangement under the terms of the sale contract?

I wonder.....
Whilst I don't think he could afford to buy the house, I hope Bianca did. Ioan can move back in there with the girls once it's fixed up. That said, I think it's highly unlikely. I doubt he would want to step foot in that house again. Too many bad/traumatic memories.
---
it was heavily rumoured in the tabloids that she got banned.

and she acknowledged herself of being jealous
16 years and one day ago!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
My four-year-old nephew is better at cleaning than Gloria, and that’s not even an exaggeration. I guess they couldn’t afford someone with better/any references. I sound snobbish but I firmly believe everyone should do the job they do to the best of their ability. She’s not getting employed by anyone else in a hurry after the lack of professional bounderies + standards in this one so I guess that’s why she’s still clinging to Alice long after she really should have moved on.

Reactions: 20
Agree, honestly I’m glad G is there for girls but I’m not convinced she is neutral party in this situation- when girls were at school I envision her job pre and post divorce entailed sitting around listening to mAlice’s world view and doing minimum amount of things for full time pay. Like I don’t blame her but I do wonder if she isn’t neutral as she claims. We will see what comes out soon I guess!

Also yes kudos to you @Old Soak for calling the resemblance to those characters -spot on !!
100% this! Im convinced she is not neutral for all the reasons you listed and (through no conscious choice but due to situation she always turned out to be mAlice’s enabler. Plus it actually worked out well for her to be her enabler, because let’s face it: would you turn down havibg to occasionally dash over to pick up girls after 6AM call when after this you can go do another job still being paid full time for "nannying"/ cleaning (not)?
And yes she did a lot for the girls, and Im sure she is genuinely attached to them, but the "mothering" of a servant (that what basically mAlice treats her as regardless of her protestations that she is family”) does not instil healthy boundaries. And Gloria herself, through the fact that she speaks (apparently) little english and had tragic history and potentially mistrust of men and having heard mAilce’s side of the story - which I am sure she tried to twist as much as possible to make look similar to Gloria’s story where her partner left her suddenly when she was diagnosed with cancer - could not but project, believe that Yo is the devil and feel sorry for oh so generous and so suffering mAlice. She is not neutral and she is not thinking well of Ioan!
MOO

Reactions: 24
I only now realized this but I just noticed that Ella didnt mentioned in her first declaration that Elsie was right behind her, but in her 2nd. How exactly can someone who is in the same room as you slam the door but only hit the one that is further ahead? Ok, maybe Elsie was not "right behind" her, but a couple of m away, or at the side of the door. But it's the second piece of information about the door slam that doesnt make too much sense (the other is claiming that you are on the door frame on the way out, the door "ends" at the door frame, so unless you turn around it's pretty hard to be meaningfully hit beyond the back of the head, of which no injury pics appear to exist)

The reason why many people file a Restraining Order initially without a lawyer is because they are in a situation of danger and need protection ASAP. They filed 5 days later, they really should have at least let a lawyer look over this before submitting because this is now the "story" 😬

Reactions: 39
I only now realized this but I just noticed that Ella didnt mentioned in her first declaration that Elsie was right behind her, but in her 2nd. How exactly can someone who is in the same room as you slam the door but only hit the one that is further ahead? Ok, maybe Elsie was not "right behind" her, but a couple of m away, or at the side of the door. But it's the second piece of information about the door slam that doesnt make too much sense (the other is claiming that you are on the door frame on the way out, the door "ends" at the door frame, so unless you turn around it's pretty hard to be meaningfully hit beyond the back of the head, of which no injury pics appear to exist)

The reason why many people file a Restraining Order initially without a lawyer is because they are in a situation of danger and need protection ASAP. They filed 5 days later, they really should have at least let a lawyer look over this before submitting because this is now the "story" 😬
They did. The self proclaimed one in NZ...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Alice’s house is disgusting from any of the pics we’ve seen, THAT SHE POSTED. Doesn’t take Kim and Aggie to work that one out.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't think Gloria understands what neutral is. She doesn't do basic things for Ioan even though he's paying for her. Again she doesn't want to be fired by Alice but I still think she has a damn cheek to do this. It goes without saying she will be a witness at the custody trial. Does she know that perjury is an offence?

AE Gloria neutral.png

I hope she didn't believe Alice wouldn't fire her after IG noticed her pilfering from his account.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 26
At this point lawyers have no option but to at least attempt to build a case against Alice, in the event they need it to fight all of these dirty tactics. They will need evidence that her behaviour towards/around the children has a long standing history of being aggressive and confrontational even way before Ioan and Alice split up. She’s left him with little choice, so she has hoisted by her own petard. If she had not interfered with his relationship with the children a lawyer would not need to go digging around in her past exploits. Alice has always wanted to have her own cake and eat it too - to do what she wants with no consequences. She is going to have to learn that there are consequences

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't think Gloria understands what neutral is. She doesn't do basic things for Ioan even though he's paying for her. Again she doesn't want to be fired by Alice but I still think she has a damn cheek to do this. It goes without saying she will be a witness at the custody trial. Does she know that perjury is an offence?

View attachment 2241527

I hope she didn't believe Alice wouldn't fire her after IG noticed her pilfering from his account.
I have always been quite skeptical about Gloria.
She seems too involved and certainly not neutral. She was refusing Ioan communication with his daughters on Malice’s orders!
She is hired as a nanny so I assume that it’s not her job to clean the house. However, it’s unclear what her job is with two older children.
I agree that she enables Malice whether she actually likes her or not. She either believes she’s her employer (even though Ioan paid her) and wants to keep her job, or is afraid of her and wants to keep her happy.
But then, she was the one to stop the car so that little Elsie could talk to her father. In this case however it could’ve been Elsie insisting on talking to her dad. She was probably missing him terribly.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Gloria is a mothers help, so it’s likely she has built up a bond with Alice. She also clearly has awkwardly been put in the middle of a nasty divorce. If she relies on the income from this job then she’s not going to go against Alice is she. She knew her hours would go down once the kids are in school full time and if their income dropped so Gloria has probably had to pick a side that prevents her being out of work.

Reactions: 12
I have always been quite skeptical about Gloria.
She seems too involved and certainly not neutral. She was refusing Ioan communication with his daughters on Malice’s orders!
She is hired as a nanny so I assume that it’s not her job to clean the house. However, it’s unclear what her job is with two older children.
I agree that she enables Malice whether she actually likes her or not. She either believes she’s her employer (even though Ioan paid her) and wants to keep her job, or is afraid of her and wants to keep her happy.
But then, she was the one to stop the car so that little Elsie could talk to her father. In this case however it could’ve been Elsie insisting on talking to her dad. She was probably missing him terribly.

Didn't Alice accidentally refer to Gloria as "my nanny". To me it seems she was more in that house to look after Alice than to look after the girls.
So, Gloria was mother to 3 individuals in that household.

On another topic: In late 2006, when Alice issued Ioan an ultimatum and instead of doing the sane thing and flee, he caved in. What do you imagine would have ensued if Ioan would not have proposed? I cannot imagine Alice walking away. (And perhaps the ultimatum went: either propose to me or my brother will beat you up? 😁).

Reactions: 11
As I’ve mentioned before I believe Ella has a challenging personality. I’m saying this as the parent of such a child so please don’t come at me for this. This personality type requires boundaries, firm but loving discipline, structure, and lots of enrichment. She’s had none of that and now can’t tolerate any boundaries. I could go on and on but I won’t. Both girls would be better off with supervised visitation only.
Yes she sure is now. But she was a sweet kid once. She has been ruined (temporarily I hope) by mAlice. Often kids side with an abuser to save themselves from abuse. Then they begin to identify with the abuser when things are even more far gone down the toilet.

I hope that Elsie still has empathy for her father (and maybe even B) as the eldest doesn't. Often kids like to distinguish themselves from their siblings ie, one will be a fussy eater and the other will eat everything. I'm hoping Elsie doesn't want to be a mini-me too as that role is already taken.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

View attachment 2241527

Gloria as a witness in the custody trial would be interesting, because Alice has kinda taking the thunder out of this by saying under oath that Ioan was the cornerstone of the family and a perfect husband etc. She cant have Gloria claim now that Ioan was abusive or something during their marriage. In fact the marriage is pretty much a close case for Ioan in this aspect. It's now only about his behavior towards the kids since then, and the only witness here are his chaperones.

So the only thing Gloria can really testify on without bringing Alice in danger of perjury is how much parenting Alice did (Ioan alleged she hardly did, which is probably true), but when you hire a 9-5 nanny without working this isnt a particulary credible look. It also isnt a particulary good look that since Ioan is gone the girls need to ask other families in order to make activities despite Alice not working. But of course judges in California are used to this, and in fact it's the main reason why unfit parents dont lose custody (because there is a nanny to take care). Needless to say, as said before, when you agree to testify you also agree to get cross-examed, and this can always backfire.

Btw Alice keeps saying that she will use Gloria to deny the things Ioan has alleged against her. She can obviously have Gloria claim that she never saw Alice on the floor passed out or her hitting Ioan, but those statements are not helpful if Gloria wasnt in fact present when these things allegedly happened.

By filing the restraining orders she also has made the kids less credible witnesses. I leave out the Bianca case, but the filing against Ioan shows that Ella is raised without boundaries and is allergic to parenting. Not very helpful when you are accused by your ex of not parenting your kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.