Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #56 I've got 99 filters but a pool filter ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As Susan once said, I don’t Know why the family didn’t relocate to Brisbane for a few years and experience Australian life. That would be an amazing life experience for the kids. I mean I know it’s likely IG wanted to be away from Alice, but maybe Alice refused - she won’t leave the LA house and go anywhere.
I heard Australia has worse things than rats and squirrels though...Alice would be terrorised!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As Susan once said, I don’t Know why the family didn’t relocate to Brisbane for a few years and experience Australian life. That would be an amazing life experience for the kids. I mean I know it’s likely IG wanted to be away from Alice, but maybe Alice refused - she won’t leave the LA house and go anywhere.
In an early interview, he said because it's just 10 episodes, compared to America's long episodic TV shows, it would be filming five months. In another season, he called it six months away. Alice post separation has said he was away six months. Then she began calling it 10 months, nine months, etc. Except for the year he filmed Season 2 of Liar, it looks like he was gone half of the year. That would be six months home. I would have to look at IMDb to see if that pans out. So I can see why they didn't move there the first season. He was back home after six months, and they saw him a couple of times while he was filming for long holidays. I agree, though, I know people that went to Australia and stayed for a year and loved it, absolutely loved it.

Reactions: 14
All of his previous TV series got canceled after 1 season, so relocating to Brisbane would be a gamble. As it turned out, Harrow was 3 seasons but there are no guarantees

Reactions: 10
Well I've been here 59 years and you just make friends with all the local wildlife.
1642985660947.png

1642985684816.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I was looking at an old gossip site Crown Princess MarieChantal of Greece and found this.

"Fantastic Four actor Ioan Gruffudd says Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are bad role models for young girls. He says they pair are setting a bad example by flaunting their bodies and boasting about their sexual exploits. According to Contactmusic.com he said: "I look at girls like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and think, they have a responsibility to be role models to their young fans, but, instead, it's all just about sex and selling their bodies. "I think it's tarty. Personally, I enjoy the elegance and mystery of a woman."

ummm ok. Reposting....

View attachment 1010316
No wonder his career went nowhere. Who speaks like that. He sounds like a seventy year old granny clutching her pearls. Go to a foreign country hoping to break into a very competitive and insular field and criticize two of biggest stars of that moment. Not forgetting that Paris Hilton comes from a very powerful and wealthy family. Seems like they both torpedoed their own careers.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
OMG you'll never guess what I've just discovered or how relevant it is. This photo from Alice's instagram:
Now you remember we were discussing how a narc is grown? Nature or nurture? Etc.
Well I decided to a deep dive. Alice's mother was Janet, nee Dowell, born to William and Elsie in 1940. They were married in 1934.
Elsie was born in 1900 (took some time to find that out) so she was 34 when married and nearly 40 when she had Janet.
Still haven't found out her date of death yet so if I can make a joke of it, the vampire genes run strong in that family.
ANYWAY I figured that if Janet was an only child, born after difficulty to aging parents who thought they'd never have a child that might explain the start of the narcissism. That was yesterday's work.

But for that explanation to work I had to be sure there were no other children. That is this morning's work. Guess what I found this morning? Janet had an older brother. And not just ANY older brother. NOOOO. Janet's older brother is emeritus professor at University of Birmingham He's a physicist. In Hamburg, he helped develop detectors for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at Geneva and was involved in the ATLAS experiment which discovered the Higgs boson.

He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1986[2] and a Fellow of the American Physical Society in 2003.[3]
In July 2002, a symposium was held in his honour, as he retired in September of that year.[4]

Now lets go back to Alice's father, David Evans a British applied mathematician noted for his contributions to water waves and acoustics. He is an emeritus professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Bristol.
He is known for the Bristol cylinder, a wave energy converter.
The 21st International Workshop on Water Waves and Floating Bodies 2006 was dedicated to Evans on the occasion of his retirement.

So Janet's brother went on a distinguished career in physics and academia and her husband had a distinguished career in applied mathematics and academia. Janet was an English literature teacher.

I don't know much about narcissism but interested in what those of you who do know about it think about this family background.
According to the Prabook link, John Dowell's interests include amateur theatre 😳😱 Wonder if he's a better actor than Alice?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Then I have one question. With a gene pool like that what the hell happened to the Evans children because they are dumb as f@#k. Older brother encouraging her bat tit behavior instead of talking some sense into her. Alice just completely ignoring the looming disaster. Now after all that crazy behavior of the last year, wants to portray herself as levelheaded. SMDH.
Lol! I think maybe the answer lies in the difference between traditional book intelligence/what’s measured in IQ tests, versus social and emotional intelligence. They’re not at all the same. There are a number of people who score off the charts on IQ tests, but struggle when it comes to basic social and emotional cues. Sometimes this is due to being neurodiverse, and other times it’s due to variation among neurotypical people.

EDIT: I am NOT suggesting that AE and her brother are ND and that’s why they’re jerks, NOT AT ALL. I don’t mean to be excusing them in any way. All I mean to say is that traditional intelligence does not automatically confer emotional intelligence or social skills.

EDIT 2: Very intelligent people can also suffer from psychological conditions that cause them to behave poorly towards others, and lack insight into their own behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The narcissism/genetics is really nature vs nurture. For example if it's Full Blown NPD there can be a genetic predisposition, but that doesn't mean someone would develop it- that all comes down to their life experiences. Narcissism in the other sense of just having strong narc traits rather than the personality disorder is likely to be entirely based on nurture- the home environment, upbringing and life experiences. All three of the children seem to be troubled though- conspiracy theorists, alleged alcoholics with apparent "ties" to unsavoury people, and... Well, Alice. So I think there was definitely something odd in the Evans family.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The narcissism/genetics is really nature vs nurture. For example if it's Full Blown NPD there can be a genetic predisposition, but that doesn't mean someone would develop it- that all comes down to their life experiences. Narcissism in the other sense of just having strong narc traits rather than the personality disorder is likely to be entirely based on nurture- the home environment, upbringing and life experiences. All three of the children seem to be troubled though- conspiracy theorists, alleged alcoholics with apparent "ties" to unsavoury people, and... Well, Alice. So I think there was definitely something odd in the Evans family.
...The Addams Family, did you say? :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Regarding how many months Ioan was away the past years, I'm guessing based on Alice's SM and imdb/google
2014: San Andreas (1 month), Forever (5 months) - 6
2015: Forever (3 months)
2016: Unreal (2 months), Buttons (2 months), Professor & Madman (2 months), Liar (2 months) - 8
2017: Liar (2 months), Harrow (5 months) - 7
2018: Harrow S1 (1 month), Ava (0.5 months), Harrow S2 (2.5 months) - 4
2019: Harrow S2 (2.5 months), Liar S2 (3.5 months), Harrow S3 (2.5 months) - 8.5
2020: Harrow S3 (3.5 months)
2021: Reunion (4 months)

*not including other minor activity, e.g. PR or stage appearances etc.

not too crazy imo either way. though it seems he was pretty much straight shooting through 2016/2017 & 2018/2019 for 9-10 months respectively away from LA
(technically 2014-15 too but I certainly remember him regulary flying back from shooting Forever in NYC)

No wonder his career went nowhere. Who speaks like that. He sounds like a seventy year old granny clutching her pearls. Go to a foreign country hoping to break into a very competitive and insular field and criticize two of biggest stars of that moment. Not forgetting that Paris Hilton comes from a very powerful and wealthy family. Seems like they both torpedoed their own careers.
eh, this was during a time where pissing on Paris & Britney was a popular sport, so not sure about that

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Regarding how many months Ioan was away the past years, I'm guessing based on Alice's SM and imdb/google
2014: San Andreas (1 month), Forever (5 months) - 6
2015: Forever (3 months)
2016: Unreal (2 months), Buttons (2 months), Professor & Madman (2 months), Liar (2 months) - 8
2017: Liar (2 months), Harrow (5 months) - 7
2018: Harrow S1 (1 month), Ava (0.5 months), Harrow S2 (2.5 months) - 4
2019: Harrow S2 (2.5 months), Liar S2 (3.5 months), Harrow S3 (2.5 months) - 8.5
2020: Harrow S3 (3.5 months)
2021: Reunion (4 months)
Yeah well you know, they couldn't live on Alice's first communion money. Someone had to be working, putting in the time and doing the hard yards.

Wow! And Alice has never mentioned, or bragged about her seriously clever uncle? If I had a relative who had achieved such things, everyone would know about it! (Mind you, I'm a science nerd, so he's impressed me, even if Alice doesn't know or care much about him)

Wonder how long it will be before she shoehorns him into her insta, after "suddenly" discovering his amazing career? 🤔🙄
I wonder if Janet and John were estranged? Maybe Alice doesn't know about him at all?
I notice he married a woman named Clarkson. Maybe Alice is related by marriage to Jeremy?! Wouldn't that be a hoot!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Gloria's days of working for Ioan is over. And Alice is not going to be able to afford paying her eventhough she made a pledge to find a job to keep Gloria employed. That ain't happening.
I guess Alice expects that whatever job she'll get, she'll of course earn more than Gloria. Much more. I wouldn't be so sure, Alice, unless you're paying Glo peanuts.

No wonder she has squirrels in her bin.

As for Ioan badmouthing Paris and Britney - yeah, it's usually best to keep your mouth shut about others in the industry. What was the context anyway? Was he asked about them or did he just come out with these two out of the blue? And I think he's gotten smarter since then. Alice was angry when he kept quit about politics, eventhough talking tit about Trump wouldn't hurt him much either.

Reactions: 9
Someone posted this New Year’s Eve and I can’t find the answer to it. If the Mith saga went down Feb 2019 and he left Twitter over it then why was Alice tweeting him Aug 2020 at the same time Ioan told her he wanted out of the marriage?

C2D50DBC-8142-498C-A072-8F683D05517E.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Someone posted this New Year’s Eve and I can’t find the answer to it. If the Mith saga went down Feb 2019 and he left Twitter over it then why was Alice tweeting him Aug 2020 at the same time Ioan told her he wanted out of the marriage?

View attachment 1011230
Where did you find that? Is the year correct? Because if MITH was back and Alice kicked off with him again, THAT would explain Ioan finally having enough.

End of 2021, people were commenting on Twitter that they wanted MITH back. So had he been resurrected for a while between Feb 2019 and, say, Sept 2021?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.