Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #5 Malice in wonderland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if he’ll end up doing a “putting the record straight” interview once the divorce is settled. I suspect if he does it will be highly controlled by a PR company and would possibly be another blow to her.

Reactions: 3
Somebody upthread mentioned that BW was liking AE’s posts on social media. But then they stopped mid 19 I think. I do think that is when she started the relationship with IG. Even the most calculating person would think it was odd to keep liking the wife’s activity when you are having a thing with the husband. And by that time IG would have been feeding her the I am so unhappy, my wife doesn’t understand me spiel. After that IG started to look morose in AE’s posts - probably because he wanted to be with his young mistress but also he did not want his mistress to see photos of him enjoying himself with his family on social media. I don’t think AE is off the mark there.

So he has been in a relationship with BW since 19. We know that AE has been behaving oddly for a while, and she is off the scale now. But I think there is some validity to her been duped and played by IG.

Marriages break down all the time, people want out. But the honest thing is to say to your partner, I am unhappy, or I have met somebody else, I want a divorce. I am sure Alice’s odd behaviour was partially responsible for the marriage’s demise, but IG lived away for a long time and could act like a single guy, and seems to have made full use of that time to make himself a new life with a younger woman. If he wasn’t smiling much before, how convenient there was a comely adoring young woman to sooth his furrowed brow.

As much as I think AE is high maintenance I do think IG has behaved like a tit, and quite a few pieces of the jigsaw have started to fall into place. I do not think AE is completely delusional or paranoid. The photo on IG, after a period of non-activity on his Instagram, was calculated and nasty. He does not seem to have any photos of AE on there, unless he deleted them. They (IG/BW) probably spent time in Oz when he was working there, but had months apart when he was in LA. They then come back together in France after a relationship that has probably taken place on FaceTime. BW and IG have spend this South of France time to think about the future, and whether they have one.The photo posted on both accounts is them signalling intent that this is now his future. I feel sorry for his kids. He has been living a double life for a while, and their part time father has been even more part time, because when he came home his mind was back with his young mistress in Australia.

AE is a hard person to like. But I do think her soon to be ex-husband is a vain weak little cliche of a man, who wanted out but only moved on when he found a new bed to sleep in. In a lot of cases when men want out, they have the new woman lined up, and this is what has happened here. The pandemic left no time for IG to get to know his new woman recently, he has been involved with her for over two years.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Somebody upthread mentioned that BW was liking AE’s posts on social media. But then they stopped mid 19 I think. I do think that is when she started the relationship with IG. Even the most calculating person would think it was odd to keep liking the wife’s activity when you are having a thing with the husband. And by that time IG would have been feeding her the I am so unhappy, my wife doesn’t understand me spiel. After that IG started to look morose in AE’s posts - probably because he wanted to be with his young mistress but also he did not want his mistress to see photos of him enjoying himself with his family on social media. I don’t think AE is off the mark there.

So he has been in a relationship with BW since 19. We know that AE has been behaving oddly for a while, and she is off the scale now. But I think there is some validity to her been duped and played by IG.

Marriages break down all the time, people want out. But the honest thing is to say to your partner, I am unhappy, or I have met somebody else, I want a divorce. I am sure Alice’s odd behaviour was partially responsible for the marriage’s demise, but IG lived away for a long time and could act like a single guy, and seems to have made full use of that time to make himself a new life with a younger woman. If he wasn’t smiling much before, how convenient there was a comely adoring young woman to sooth his furrowed brow.

As much as I think AE is high maintenance I do think IG has behaved like a tit, and quite a few pieces of the jigsaw have started to fall into place. I do not think AE is completely delusional or paranoid. The photo on IG, after a period of non-activity on his Instagram, was calculated and nasty. He does not seem to have any photos of AE on there, unless he deleted them. They (IG/BW) probably spent time in Oz when he was working there, but had months apart when he was in LA. They then come back together in France after a relationship that has probably taken place on FaceTime. BW and IG have spend this South of France time to think about the future, and whether they have one.The photo posted on both accounts is them signalling intent that this is now his future. I feel sorry for his kids. He has been living a double life for a while, and their part time father has been even more part time, because when he came home his mind was back with his young mistress in Australia.

AE is a hard person to like. But I do think her soon to be ex-husband is a vain weak little cliche of a man, who wanted out but only moved on when he found a new bed to sleep in. In a lot of cases when men want out, they have the new woman lined up, and this is what has happened here. The pandemic left no time for IG to get to know his new woman recently, he has been involved with her for over two years.
I’m not disagreeing with this theory, although even AE will never know what really happened

I think what happens to people is that it’s never as clear cut as this and its a gradual creep that gets out of control. One person feels unhappy and a spark of attraction to someone else, they try to ignore it but the unattraction to your partner just keeps growing. They don’t know how to bring it up because after 20 years, it’s probably in part normal that your sex life And attraction may have waned so you keep hoping it will get better, but it doesn’t. If it was one massive argument, it’s usually easier to find that anger and break up with someone, but that doesn’t happen and people seem to find it really terrifying to speak up. I would say the majority of marriages end the way AE’s has when the man leaves the woman. Women are better at discussing and displaying emotions and when they start to fall out of love they usually want to talk about it. Men usually run away. She’s right that this is an age old story. I do not think that this campaign is going to benefit anyone apart from AE or change anything. It’s not going to stop this from happening to someone else. It’s just about revenge. I understand why she’s so angry, just that this rage is so so unproductive. Yes we have all heard you Alice. What else do you really want to achieve by this?

Reactions: 8
I’m not disagreeing with this theory, although even AE will never know what really happened

I think what happens to people is that it’s never as clear cut as this and its a gradual creep that gets out of control. One person feels unhappy and a spark of attraction to someone else, they try to ignore it but the unattraction to your partner just keeps growing. They don’t know how to bring it up because after 20 years, it’s probably in part normal that your sex life And attraction may have waned so you keep hoping it will get better, but it doesn’t. If it was one massive argument, it’s usually easier to find that anger and break up with someone, but that doesn’t happen and people seem to find it really terrifying to speak up. I would say the majority of marriages end the way AE’s has when the man leaves the woman. Women are better at discussing and displaying emotions and when they start to fall out of love they usually want to talk about it. Men usually run away. She’s right that this is an age old story. I do not think that this campaign is going to benefit anyone apart from AE or change anything. It’s not going to stop this from happening to someone else. It’s just about revenge. I understand why she’s so angry, just that this rage is so so unproductive. Yes we have all heard you Alice. What else do you really want to achieve by this?
But also, IG was living away from all familial responsibility for long periods of time. He found it easy to shrug off his old marriage, and now his ex is just a massive inconvenience to him living his best life. AE is a tricky character to be sure, but I am sure he could have handled this in a more honest way. He has made her feel paranoid. He’s a middle aged man. They leave marriages all the time for younger women. So far so cliche. of course AE wants revenge. When the situation is hot that is all you can think of. It is only with the benefit of time that you realise that getting revenge was perhaps not the best thing for to go on a live a good life. She is bereft, hurt, frightened, angry - a maelstrom of emotions. She has been unceremoniously dumped for a younger woman, that’s the bottom line. He was not interested in saving the marriage or leaving it cleanly once BW came along.

Reactions: 11

He had pictures of Alice (about 7 or 8 or so) and deleted them all the evening before announcing his new relationship. The last one was on valentines day 2019, I didnt saved the picture (it was them on a face time, note that this was also the day where Alice had this insane meltdown against a influencer on twitter and threatened to kill herself), but I saved the caption, which would probably feel like a stab now
Twko5VR.png

The thing about the liking that hits me is not that she stopped at some point (which obviously strongly indicates that she probably got involved with him soon after). But that she even started in the first place. Nothing wrong with following a actors wife and liking pictures without knowing the wife personally, we all do that. But if you then end up in a relationship with that actor...eeeek, this feels pretty targeted on her part. And this can support Alice's theory that she could be behind him maybe cutting him off more than usual (given the nature of this divorce I'm very certain that Ioan is telling the truth about the lawyers asking him to not talk to her, but there are some limits to this) and that she pushed him into divorcing quickly.

When he divorce papers got filed I had the theory that he had an affair (whether emotionally or physically) but no intention to leave his family (very few actors actually do, because it's bad for image so they tend to just keep it a secret, it's usually the case that they get caughed and then the wife dont want them anymore). Then the whole drama last year happened with Alice going completely crazy on SM about all sort of political issues etc., ending up with her ranting about Ioan in public for him asking her to consider to shut her twitter down. That probably was the nail on the coffin for him and when he returned to Oz after this he decided with his affair to give this a go after Christmas (but pandemic delayed it). That would also explain why he filed directly for divorce rather than the legal seperation Alice had mentioned first (you sort things out like in a divorce, but you stay married), a new girlfriend - especially one that had followed the couples happy life on IG before - doesnt want this backdoor to stay open.

I get more and more confident that I was bang on with this lol

Reactions: 13
But also, IG was living away from all familial responsibility for long periods of time. He found it easy to shrug off his old marriage, and now his ex is just a massive inconvenience to him living his best life. AE is a tricky character to be sure, but I am sure he could have handled this in a more honest way. He has made her feel paranoid. He’s a middle aged man. They leave marriages all the time for younger women. So far so cliche. of course AE wants revenge. When the situation is hot that is all you can think of. It is only with the benefit of time that you realise that getting revenge was perhaps not the best thing for to go on a live a good life. She is bereft, hurt, frightened, angry - a maelstrom of emotions. She has been unceremoniously dumped for a younger woman, that’s the bottom line. He was not interested in saving the marriage or leaving it cleanly once BW came along.
The point everyone is making here is that being so fixated/obsessed with evidence and revenge on IG is harming her kids, her MH and any hope of an amicable divorce/future coparenting with IG. She’s angry - we all get it. I have had to parent with my ex for years (he is not very present) and I can honestly say that I cannot think of anything worse to waste my precious energy on than being angry at him for over a year. I need that energy for my kids, to make money for my family, to build my life. When will she stop? When she’s lost everything else?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He had pictures of Alice (about 7 or 8 or so) and deleted them all the evening before announcing his new relationship. The last one was on valentines day 2019, I didnt saved the picture (it was them on a face time, note that this was also the day where Alice had this insane meltdown against a influencer on twitter and threatened to kill herself), but I saved the caption, which would probably feel like a stab now
View attachment 851497
The thing about the liking that hits me is not that she stopped at some point (which obviously strongly indicates that she probably got involved with him soon after). But that she even started in the first place. Nothing wrong with following a actors wife and liking pictures without knowing the wife personally, we all do that. But if you then end up in a relationship with that actor...eeeek, this feels pretty targeted on her part. And this can support Alice's theory that she could be behind him maybe cutting him off more than usual (given the nature of this divorce I'm very certain that Ioan is telling the truth about the lawyers asking him to not talk to her, but there are some limits to this) and that she pushed him into divorcing quickly.

When he divorce papers got filed I had the theory that he had an affair (whether emotionally or physically) but no intention to leave his family (very few actors actually do, because it's bad for image so they tend to just keep it a secret, it's usually the case that they get caughed and then the wife dont want them anymore). Then the whole drama last year happened with Alice going completely crazy on SM about all sort of political issues etc., ending up with her ranting about Ioan in public for him asking her to consider to shut her twitter down. That probably was the nail on the coffin for him and when he returned to Oz after this he decided with his affair to give this a go after Christmas (but pandemic delayed it). That would also explain why he filed directly for divorce rather than the legal seperation Alice had mentioned first (you sort things out like in a divorce, but you stay married), a new girlfriend - especially one that had followed the couples happy life on IG before - doesnt want this backdoor to stay open.

I get more and more confident that I was bang on with this lol
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she logged into his account and wrote that comment herself 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My sister is a similar age to AE and has a 29 y.o daughter. It makes me feel a bit gross if I'm honest that IG has done this. So predictable. His fellow Welsh buddy Michael Sheen now has a girlfriend (and a new child) a few years older than his daughter to Kate Beckinsale. Michael and Kate were great friends and co-parented together. It very much looks like they are no longer on good terms because of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
My sister is a similar age to AE and has a 29 y.o daughter. It makes me feel a bit gross if I'm honest that IG has done this. So predictable. His fellow Welsh buddy Michael Sheen now has a girlfriend (and a new child) a few years older than his daughter to Kate Beckinsale. Michael and Kate were great friends and co-parented together. It very much looks like they are no longer on good terms because of this.
Didn’t Kate Beckinsale date a 21 year old when she was in her 40s. I’m so glad I’m not in these circles it’s as confusing as hel 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What I don’t understand is why AE didn’t go to Australia with IG whilst he was filming?

If he was away for 9 months or so at a time, they could have gone as a family and put the girls in school there.

Reactions: 2
What I don’t understand is why AE didn’t go to Australia with IG whilst he was filming?

If he was away for 9 months or so at a time, they could have gone as a family and put the girls in school there.
She possibly couldn’t during lockdown as Australia have been very strict on who they let in. It’s also not always that easy to keep school places open (ie their LA school) if you leave.

Reactions: 2
The point everyone is making here is that being so fixated/obsessed with evidence and revenge on IG is harming her kids, her MH and any hope of an amicable divorce/future coparenting with IG. She’s angry - we all get it. I have had to parent with my ex for years (he is not very present) and I can honestly say that I cannot think of anything worse to waste my precious energy on than being angry at him for over a year. I need that energy for my kids, to make money for my family, to build my life. When will she stop? When she’s lost everything else?
True, but for over a year she was bemused why it was such an abrupt ending. Of course she did not know about BW then. If she knew there was another woman back then, her anger would have played out now. I do think BW set her sights on him, but the blame for the affair is on him. He was the married one. If he did not want the marriage he should have got out properly. All he has done since seems designed to screw her over mentally and financially.

Reactions: 6
She possibly couldn’t during lockdown as Australia have been very strict on who they let in. It’s also not always that easy to keep school places open (ie their LA school) if you leave.
But there wasn’t any Covid for the earlier series’.

I suppose schools may have been the reason, but if he was going to be there for the best part of 3-4 years, it looks like it would have been the better option.

Reactions: 3
Didn’t Kate Beckinsale date a 21 year old when she was in her 40s. I’m so glad I’m not in these circles it’s as confusing as hel 🤣
Yes its gross. But Michael and Kate did seem to get on very well and have fun together, even with new partners, him hooking up with this student seems to have ended that. They must have friends with similar aged kids. They were older parents so Alice and Ioan could easily have a daughter in her 20's.

Reactions: 1
my issue with the current narrative is now: Yes, Ioan is most likely a tit. But Alice is running very hard with the narrative now that she would have been somewhat fine had he told her the truth from the start and that it's all about the cheating and what comes with it. That's just BS. She is the whole year ranting about him for leaving her and the kids (she even worded it like this), from the moment he left, long before any legal proceedings that uncovered more issues started. The new girlfriend is an added bonus on her pain but she would have gone nuclear no matter what (it's in-character). She half-admitted it even in her Daily Mail piece where she proposed the insane idea to stay together for the kids sake only. Just no. No. This sort of thinking shouldnt be tolerated either. (I'm btw not saying that Ioan shouldnt have told her from the beginning, he should have, but I dont think that the outcome would have changed)

It also irks me that she is now going to fail in getting any self-reflection because now she thinks (maybe) that she behaved perfectly well, but she clearly didnt (going off her public behavior before the divorce alone). But then again, Alice has failed to recognise her short comings for the past 15-20 years, I didnt expect this to change now. But it's sad because she has children who will probably adopt some of these patterns and possibly find themselves in the same situation in 20-30 years.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she logged into his account and wrote that comment herself 🤔
I dont think so, why should she even at that point?

this "I love you forever and ever" thing is something Ioan did a lot over the years, at least on Social Media (he has deleted everything on IG now, even all comments Alice ever made, but traces are still on his twitter). Alice even once said many years ago that he made a rule to end every phone call with an "I love you", so that they know where they stand. That's probably also why it hurts even more now.

He was usually 5 months in Oz (interrupted by Xmas) and then a few months somewhere else (in the UK for Liar for example). I guess the super rich sort this out with tutors, but they probably also didnt want to uproot them too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I think going to Australia as a family for a few years, especially with the girls at the age they were (= harder to pull teens away from their friends and their activities) would have been a brilliant experience. But I can imagine a few reasons it might not have seemed like a good idea. I would have jumped at the chance to take the whole family on a Down Under sabbatical but don't think it's unusual or weird for a family to NOT accompany a parent who is filming away for months at a time.
  • They had no idea that HArrow might be renewed after the first year, it might have seemed a big adjustment to make for just 9 months.
  • I don't think this was some huge-budget production so maybe the finances would have been a bit tight to keep their house in Los Angeles, as well as rent a family house in Australia.
  • Even though the girls were still young at the time, maybe they begged to stay in their LA school with their LA friends and Gloria (to whom they're probably quite attached).
  • Maybe Ioan discouraged them from coming; perhaps easier for him to focus without Alice constantly throwing fits at him, perhaps he like to be able to flirt with young women in peace, who knows?

Reactions: 6
This is irrelevant and me just adding some extra gossip to the flame, but one of BW’s childhood friends has a huge following on Instagram and is well known in a particular circle for having broken up a marriage whilst married with a child herself. Then she got sick of that guy and went back to her original partner. Maybe it’s a trend that runs in the pack?

I’m joking about it running in the pack but the story is true lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I wandered onto IG's twitter to look for most recent traces of Alice.
On 16th February 2019 someone posted screenshots over three separate replies on IG's post about Stan Lee (November '18), telling him to "check in" because "your wife is a danger to herself & your kids". Other people were also replying to the same post saying they were concerned.

1636279843338.png

1636279866765.png

1636279893314.png

1636279912882.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.