Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #29 We three wines in Alice’s bar, causing Tweets that travel so far..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son was a victim of DV. 😡 She would give him black eyes, bruises on his neck (from choking), almost broke his nose, etc. It was always an excuse like, oh she threw the remote and accidentally hit him. I KNEW something was going on, but it wasn't until they finally broke up that I heard the real tit. Whenever he would try to break up, she would threaten suicide, and cry she has no one (family friends).

The golf club incident is highly suspicious.
The irrational and infamous car park melt down shows someone who lashes out in rather a dramatic fashion. She is probably like this as a default.

Reactions: 27
More on the golf incident

This confirms Alice was not with IG at the award ceremony.
Oh tit. But he's got a black eye in the above photo with Alice. How many golfing incidents have there been?
(Or, I hope more likely, was there another Bafta event soon after in LA that they attended together?)

Reactions: 9
View attachment 916129
From the website - what do we think?
Possible - nay, plausible. Narcs don't care if they hurt, they only care about getting caught - and they force their victims to become complicit in their crimes.

He is most definitely insecure about his looks. He has mentioned his nose being too big, him being awkward, and a boring person.
Now I wonder who encouraged him to think like that...? :unsure:

Reactions: 10
Any US lawyers on the thread? Are such implications actionable and what would the consequences be?
she did this pretty indirectly, so in any case she would be save
RvDjHah.png

She was ranting all day about him and his relationship to his mother that day (and later deleted almost all of it), it was the day he left to film in France, so with the virtue of context it's very obvious who she is talking about

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Possible - nay, plausible. Narcs don't care if they hurt, they only care about getting caught - and they force their victims to become complicit in their crimes.
Even if she didn’t do it deliberately I can imagine her thrashing around with a golf club because she was pissed off about something. A bit like those tennis players who throw a racket and takeout a ballboy.

Reactions: 21
"he is seeking press attention"

they must be living in a different universe, the one seeking press attention is their Queen. He is doing exactly what somebody that got abused (not saying he was) does and cut off contact

But hey good on him for stating exactly why Alice's victim narrative makes no sense. Too bad he isnt realizing it.
Look over there don't look over here springs to mind.

Reactions: 9
I've just watched the videos posted in the previous thread of him upsetting his eldest by cheering at the match. I find it so wrong that AE filmed and posted these clips. It's horrible for IG but more importantly their daughter. I'd seriously whack the phone out of my husband's hands if he thought that was a good time to get his phone out and film and then post it for the world to see. It must have driven IG mad living with a social media obsessed wife. That scene was no one's business but theirs. It's all so unhealthy and sets up such an odd understanding of boundaries for their girls. It really bothered me watching them.
I can’t even watch them. Honestly my husband is way too loud and dramatic about US football (& premier league as well but less so) and our kids did NOT like it. Our son would often go hide under blanket when he was toddler (now he also gets overly emotionally invested as a sport loving 12 yo). I would never ever record him doing that and while I sometimes would scold him about it away from children , I primarily focused on ensuring child knew Dad wasn’t upset at them and just excited about game. It seems like such an awful episode to post on SM, like a smug “look at how much better a parent I am, I don’t scream and frighten child even though I am filming the distress of my child versus helping them understand the situation “. How would she have felt if IG posted videos of her on a bender screeching about the 2019 Twitter episode involving her trying to one up POC writers and activists while her children I am sure were equally nervous and upset? Or passed out in morning after an all nighter of tweeting and slugging “3 glasses of wine”?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
she did this pretty indirectly, so in any case she would be save
View attachment 916215
She was ranting all day about him and his relationship to his mother that day (and later deleted almost all of it), it was the day he left to film in France, so with the virtue of context it's very obvious who she is talking about

Linking him to child abuse images, in that casual way, is utterly disgusting. She will say she was not saying he had done that, but she has deliberately planted that seed. What a vile thing to do to the father of your kids.

• Angry
Reactions: 35
He is most definitely insecure about his looks. He has mentioned his nose being too big, him being awkward, and a boring person.
I have no doubt that Alice was verbally abusive, and perhaps it got physical towards the end, but I feel like he would have made a better excuse that doesnt involve Alice if she actually hit him intentionally with golf club back then. They also had two kids after this, so eh.

But who knows.
SPOILER
When my ex narc was getting abusive (lots of choking and throttling - he knew I hated to have my throat touched, so of course went for it every time) I would on occasion try to fight back, as much as you can when someone is squeezing your oesophagus with both hands. Once, he ended up with a load of scratches all over one side of his face. He laughed it off as 'having fallen in a thornbush' and gave me conspiratorial look, as if to say 'this is our funny little secret'.
Make no mistake. Narc abuse is so far from normal that you'd be more likely to meet a unicorn than run into a rational narcissist.
Now I wonder who encouraged him to think like that...? :unsure:

Reactions: 10
Here's the cheering video, if the link works:

Wait ... for those in the know, I'm not breaking any rules posting this am I?
I did the the same thing when England scored in the Euros last summer. My little son had no idea why I suddenly started leaping about like a demented leprechaun. Scooped him up and apologised profusely for my weird, crazy, joyful dancing and YES!YES!YES!-ing. Feel a lot of empathy for Ioan watching this. And it also makes me want to push Alice down a well.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Thread title suggestion (I am bursting my sides laughing here

Alice, Alice. Who the f*ck is Alice! Or…

Cause for 21 years, Ioan’s been trying to get away from Alice

Lol. I have too much time on my hands.
I'm going to have that tune in my head the rest of the day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My son was a victim of DV. 😡 She would give him black eyes, bruises on his neck (from choking), almost broke his nose, etc. It was always an excuse like, oh she threw the remote and accidentally hit him. I KNEW something was going on, but it wasn't until they finally broke up that I heard the real tit. Whenever he would try to break up, she would threaten suicide, and cry she has no one (family friends).

The golf club incident is highly suspicious.
@Fuzzy Slippers i am so sorry your son had to endure such awful things. He is very brave and an inspiration to be able to talk about it. Please pass on my kindest thoughts to you all. xx
There was a very very sad and informative documentary/real film on BBC1 (I think still available on BBC iplayer, and no doubt other platforms) it is called "Abused by my girlfriend" by Alex Skeel in connection with the male domestic abuse charity called Mankind Initiative. The partner of Alex Skeel, her name is Jordan Worth - I think if I remember correctly she was the first female in the UK convicted and sentenced for coercive control, as well as the domestic abuse she inflicted on Alex - with whom they had 2 children.
The way Jordan was able to manipulate not only Alex but even attending police (includes bodycam footage) and ambulance, to make it look as though SHE was the victim.
In my view this is still very much under broadcasted.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.