Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #20 Alice is a troll, don’t disagree or she'll call Instapol!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually to be honest our family had a rough time of it lately being medical and on front line. I kind of liked her positive thoughts. Just me though

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So as not to get the thread locked forever...I vote we ignore anything Alice says on here. Ignore and walk away, just like IG did....
Reporting a user who is argumentative/obviously trolling/derailing or just plain causing havoc also works well! One or two comments...not a problem but this one was clearly out to do some damage so I reported them. Simples! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I personally just see her as one of those wanky women who write what they believe to be inspirational bollocks on their Instagram posts thinking they’re really profound. I don’t think she’s gloating, but I haven’t actually paid much attention to her really. I’ve pretty much only seen some of what’s been said on here about her.
I was a little hard on her on all of the Instaperfect inspirational quotes, until I read an interview Jack Osbourne gave a few years ago about being only 26 when he was diagnosed with MS. He's been doing well, but it's the unknown. I know in 2019 she had it. I don't know when she was diagnosed, but she is very young to have been diagnosed with a life-altering disease the will progress. How much she doesn't know and. That can take a toll on a person.

After reading these quotes I had more compassion about her need to believe in all of those "inspirational bollocks" and positive thinking.

"Although Osbourne is doing well physically, he is not immune to the anxiety that often accompanies living with MS. “A lot of the challenge of living with MS is fear, the mental health aspect of it — worrying if a symptom is being caused by MS,” he says.
He shares this example: “I had this thing the other day where I lost a bit of hearing in my ear for three days. It turns out I just slept funny, but I was completely sweating it, wondering, Is MS affecting the nerves in my ear now? Am I going to lose my hearing? What is this going to mean?”
Osbourne adds, “The most commonly shared symptom of MS is depression; that is the through line of most people living with the disease. It’s the least sexy thing to get spoken about with regard to MS, but in my experience, it’s probably the most important.”
That’s why, he says, “It’s really important to have a system in place to combat it the best you can, because that takes more people out of the picture than anything these days.”

Osbourne, who takes medication injections three times a week to suppress his MS, said there’s always a cloud of potential relapse looming over him. But he understands the need to take advantage of his life. "I’m not going to waste a weekend just sitting around at the house,” he said. “I’m going to go do something and it’s usually something active.”

n another interview, Jack talked about the emotional toll of living with MS. Calling it "the toughest part," the father of three explained to Health magazine, "Depression is one of the most common symptoms that people with MS share. It's kind of like the elephant in the room. I even had it the week leading up to my wedding, and I certainly had nothing to be depressed about."

"I look at my two daughters and, not to get overly sappy, but there is that notion where if they get married, I might not be able to walk them down the aisle," he went on sharing his concern about the future. "I can get kind of heavy with it. There are times it just comes out of nowhere and really kicks me in the a**."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Reporting a user who is argumentative/obviously trolling/derailing or just plain causing havoc also works well! One or two comments...not a problem but this one was clearly out to do some damage so I reported them. Simples! 😊
Is this me that you’re referring to? I’m genuinely not trying to be argumentative. I love this bloody thread! I was just wading in with my two cents for all they’re worth which is not much!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh jeez. You all got in trouble for announcing you were leaving. Then it was locked after arguing. Was opened again and then went back to arguing so mods locked it and made this.

Basically this thread is on a naughty step
Well, ruh roh! I was hungry and decided it was was a good time to leave. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Or tagging her location as a hospital and then replying to all concerned comments with “don’t want to talk about it” or “dm me hun” 😂. God maybe I should just quit social media.
Or just a picture of her arm attached to a drip, a sad face and a heart. I definitely should quit social media. It’s turning me into a miserable old hag, but I get such perverse pleasure in hating half the stuff I see on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is this me that you’re referring to? I’m genuinely not trying to be argumentative. I love this bloody thread! I was just wading in with my two cents for all they’re worth which is not much!
No, not you! The other one who I think has been banned now. 💖

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I was a little hard on her on all of the Instaperfect inspirational quotes, until I read an interview Jack Osbourne gave a few years ago about being only 26 when he was diagnosed with MS. He's been doing well, but it's the unknown. I know in 2019 she had it. I don't know when she was diagnosed, but she is very young to have been diagnosed with a life-altering disease the will progress. How much she doesn't know and. That can take a toll on a person.

After reading these quotes I had more compassion about her need to believe in all of those "inspirational bollocks" and positive thinking.

"Although Osbourne is doing well physically, he is not immune to the anxiety that often accompanies living with MS. “A lot of the challenge of living with MS is fear, the mental health aspect of it — worrying if a symptom is being caused by MS,” he says.
He shares this example: “I had this thing the other day where I lost a bit of hearing in my ear for three days. It turns out I just slept funny, but I was completely sweating it, wondering, Is MS affecting the nerves in my ear now? Am I going to lose my hearing? What is this going to mean?”
Osbourne adds, “The most commonly shared symptom of MS is depression; that is the through line of most people living with the disease. It’s the least sexy thing to get spoken about with regard to MS, but in my experience, it’s probably the most important.”
That’s why, he says, “It’s really important to have a system in place to combat it the best you can, because that takes more people out of the picture than anything these days.”

Osbourne, who takes medication injections three times a week to suppress his MS, said there’s always a cloud of potential relapse looming over him. But he understands the need to take advantage of his life. "I’m not going to waste a weekend just sitting around at the house,” he said. “I’m going to go do something and it’s usually something active.”

n another interview, Jack talked about the emotional toll of living with MS. Calling it "the toughest part," the father of three explained to Health magazine, "Depression is one of the most common symptoms that people with MS share. It's kind of like the elephant in the room. I even had it the week leading up to my wedding, and I certainly had nothing to be depressed about."

"I look at my two daughters and, not to get overly sappy, but there is that notion where if they get married, I might not be able to walk them down the aisle," he went on sharing his concern about the future. "I can get kind of heavy with it. There are times it just comes out of nowhere and really kicks me in the a**."
Oh yeah, I didn’t mean that to be a criticism of her as such, that’s just the way I would always describe those types of posts/profiles. It’s certainly not me or how I would react, but I can completely understand why it may bring her comfort and that different people have different outlooks and coping strategies.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I’d rather read that than AE’s captions any day.
yeah the aggression is exhausting just to witness second hand - it even felt kind of draining just to have that little flare up on the last thread. If you could harness AE’s ball of anger you could solve the world’s energy crisis. I made fun of positive thinking profiles but I actually didn’t mean it 🙏

but this one was clearly out to do some damage
yeah me too, the name calling got to be too much. Its understandable that people obviously bring their own experiences to the table but it does mean that it can get super emotional, super quickly. Some of that Bianca mindfulness funnily enough is actually helpful in just walking away, and enforcing yourself own mental and emotional boundaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know I don’t post much here but I am a long time lurker. Maybe I’m triggered by this situation due to the breakdown of a past relationship that had some similarities. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I do think IG is a POS too though. I mm aware that’s not the general consensus snd that’s ok. I’m not here to fight. To follow up as sonmebidy asked why I felt BW was ‘gloating’ in her insta posts, I am reading into these as gloating. Maybe I’m wrong. As I said, the two kids are really the only losers in this tragic clusterfuck of a situation. They’ve all made their beds IMO.
Not sure if its actually gloating or not, but looks like the typical 20-something SM activity. Im sure she's quite possibly lovely but as someone in the last thread says, I'm not sure i would be friends with her as she does come across as somewhat immature in her SM.

Reactions: 4
I am maybe a little slow, and wasn't sure how to report them?

So back to the real stuff - does any of us have access to AE’s twitter now? I’m locked out as I unfollowed the other day and was just dipping in and out.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.