Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was on this thread and was in reply to a comment I made about about her possibly being menopausal. Personally I've found Men much more on board with the impact that menopause has on us women, pretty much every women under 45 that I've tried to discuss it with when they moan about sudden weight gain and insomnia slaps me down.
Well it will hit these women sooner or later. Buckle up b*tches!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Completely agree, it absolutely is medical fact, not a ‘trope’.

Whether it’s relevant or not to her behaviour I have no idea though.
As everyone has said she was already that way. If she had severe menopausal symptoms as well? 😱 That would be awful. Although not every woman experiences menopause in the same way.

Reactions: 1
As everyone has said she was already that way. If she had severe menopausal symptoms as well? 😱 That would be awful. Although not every woman experiences menopause in the same way.
Absolutely, I've had no hot flushes at all but I do think the impact on our personality is a symptom that gets overlooked too often. I'm not the person I was 10 years ago and I hate it, having said that, once I knew what was going on I did try to rein it in around my family, unfortunately a lot of women go into denial.

Reactions: 3
Yes she had issues before obviously but the menopause could easily make it worse, whether it's severe or not.

I think it may be particularly bad for AE because so much of her career and private life was based on her looks. As was said, the menopause can make weight gain easier (it certainly did for me). She may be on HRT for all we know. She is certainly trying to hold back the years with all the fillers and botox. LA can be very ageist and superficial so I wouldn't want to grow old there.

"Research has shown that a reduction in oestrogen can trigger or aggravate mental health problems, including psychotic conditions." :unsure: that might explain why IG left without so much as a toothbrush...

Last edited:
Yes she had issues before obviously but the menopause could easily make it worse, whether it's severe or not.

I think it may be particularly bad for AE because so much of her career and private life was based on her looks. As was said, the menopause can make weight gain easier (it certainly did for me). She may be on HRT for all we know. She is certainly trying to hold back the years with all the fillers and botox. LA can be very ageist and superficial so I wouldn't want to grow old there.

"Research has shown that a reduction in oestrogen can trigger or aggravate mental health problems, including psychotic conditions." :unsure: that might explain why IG left without so much as a toothbrush...
That certainly could have intensified her bad behavior but I personally believe that when IG mentioned in the interview that he gave in January or February of 2020 about them struggling for the past four years that he already had leaving on his mind. He was dropping a hint to the media and to her. Then when she went postal in the parking lot in February and continued to post crap on social media that made him fear for his ability to get work, it made him throw in the towel. I do imagine that her going nuts over him leaving sent him out the door without his possessions. I didn’t see the meltdown she posted when he broke up with her a few days after Christmas on social media, but it was probably terrifying in real life.

Reactions: 4
Btw that interview - while it was published in early 2020 - actually took place a year earlier while he was shooting Liar in the UK (the interview mentions that it was conducted in London, and he wasnt there since then AFAIK): it was just published later to promote the 2nd season when it was aired.

I'm not sure if he was *really* thinking of leaving at that point, but who knows. Normally it is the case that people think of it looong before they actually go for it, especially if kids are involved. At the beginning it's usually just a throwaway thought, even if you feel still very much in love.

Speaking of interviews: there was one early february published (so few days after Alice announced the break up) in Oz to promote the third season of Harrow, which was probably conducted remotely after christmas based on what he was saying there, so when it was already over between him and Alice, and it really didnt sounded like that, even between the lines (though thinking about it he was talking a bit more tame about her than in other interviews)

The series also provided a boost on a far more personal level. He believes his actor wife Alice Evans’ rejection of advances from convicted sex offender and once-powerful Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein (she wrote a 2017 piece in the UK Telegraph in support of fellow victims as part of the #Metoo movement) had a detrimental impact on their livelihood.

“Alice wrote the piece because at the time, a lot of these women who went through a real physical ordeal weren’t believed,” Gruffudd explains. “Those machines behind powerful men come into play and they were having a go at the character of these women. Alice wanted to help and prove that this was Harvey’s modus operandi.”

Gruffudd lights up when he talks about Evans, who he met on the set of 2000’s 102 Dalmatians. “She is very funny; she is a fantastic writer and actress. She is bright, smart and intelligent.” They have two “miracle daughters” named Ella, 11, and Elsie, 7, and when Gruffudd comes to Australia for five months each year to film, the time apart weighs on both of them. “It has been tough for Alice being a sole parent,” he admits. “She is very understanding but it does take its toll.”

Ironically, the pandemic has ensured Gruffudd got his wish to make more inperson memories. He was able to be home to celebrate his daughters’ birthdays, helped out with a year’s worth of homeschooling and got to spend the whole of the Christmas season with his family. “The tree went up earlier this time,” he says. “It was a very different Christmas. Like most people in the US, we are really hoping we can start getting back to some normalcy.”
Obviously he might just be pretty good at putting a straight face on, but you can blacklist certain topics before interviews if you feel uncomfortable talking about it. The fact that he didnt at that point implies to me that he either is pretty cruel or that - while he wanted the break up - did intended to have a good relationship with Alice despite that (the fact that he wanted a collaborative divorce also points to it). Really, all evidence points to it that during the break up she must have freaked out in a way that made it impossible - at least for now - to have any contact with her.

Really, all evidence points to it that during the break up she must have freaked out in a way that made it impossible - at least for now - to have any contact with her.
"Ironically, the pandemic has ensured Gruffudd got his wish to make more inperson memories. He was able to be home to celebrate his daughters’ birthdays, helped out with a year’s worth of homeschooling and got to spend the whole of the Christmas season with his family. “The tree went up earlier this time,” he says. “It was a very different Christmas. Like most people in the US, we are really hoping we can start getting back to some normalcy.”

Most people file for divorce right after a stressful Christmas together and IG was no exception. It seems that spending time together during lockdown wrecked the marriage, not his absences. It is possible he was prepared to stay with her "for the sake of the children" but her behaviour became too much to deal with. A lot of people will put up with "business relationship" marriages if they have young children as long as the other party is not too crazy and doesn't publicly embarrass them. That doesn't seem to be the case here. I think that the video with Kayla shows the crazy - Kayla thought AE might hit her at one point. Also the fact that AE was slagging him off publicly online, eg, the 'pussy' remark, and he is always "grumpy", is always a sign the marriage was falling apart.

• Heart
by my experience many men love them hot and crazy until the person inevitably becomes mostly crazy and you discover that the modest but sweet variant out there would be nicer for you...

I definitely agree though that he must have some issues too
We all do. I attract men who are "the life of the party", funny, sexy as hell, have horrible self-esteem which comes out as narcissism/fragile ego (that's why they're the life of the party), and addicted to either alcohol or pain pills which are "no big deal"/"nothing wrong with it"/"everybody does it". Sound familiar? Alice. It's easy to fall for that type. Who doesn't want to be with the "fun" person? Then of course, they slowly show their true colors, and by then, you're already hooked. It's too late, you may have kids, then it's super difficult to leave. 😬

I'm currently looking for a boring man who is sexy but doesn't know it. That's so damn sexy! 😍🤣

I googled some of the symptoms of the menopause. Common symptoms include:
So she is getting a double whammy with both the menopause and the divorce. She is concentrating on what she has lost right now, not just the husband, but her parents too (in different ways). She is understandably depressed - I might feel sorry for her if she was a nicer person.

Who said it's misogynistic? A man?

It's reality.
She also has physical ailments. Not a great combination. A viscous cycle. Then again, she could totally just be "bat $hi+" crazy. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
heh, based on their latest tweets it looks like somebody called Alice's minions out on calling the facebook group "official" and using a twitter account "endorsed by Ioan", including probably pointing out that he could use his laywer against this. Obviously they still havent changed a thing!

They went today again on their typical gatekeeping trip (as theyve done for years): after one girl who replied to Alice's "he abandoned his kids a year ago" tweet with concern for her and amazement that Ioan hasnt seen his kids for a year (was said as a question) before adding at the end that they are shocked how much hate is thrown around both sides (Alice liked this tweet btw) they accused that girl of concern trolling Alice with the aim to find out more info about the divorce (and tagged Alice in this to warn her, like Minions do). Which is a bit funny because with that they are pretty much admitting themselves that Alice lied about that (well, he was papped with them a few months ago and she frequently complained about him seeing them, so you dont need to be Einstein to figure that out).

This was a user who recently did some very general support tweets for him (more about his career, not much the divorce), so basically what *they* did for him until the divorce and still do for her: they seem to imply that this user (and others) only do it to get his attention, which they never will. They dont seem to realize that not everyone is like them and thirsting for attention of semi-famous people, but that real fans do exist!

I gain more and more the impression that without them Alice would be a lot more reasonable and probably a somewhat amicable divorce more likely. They try to micromanage everything, it's pathetic.

Reactions: 2
I gain more and more the impression that without them Alice would be a lot more reasonable and probably a somewhat amicable divorce more likely. They try to micromanage everything, it's pathetic.
Birds of a feather flock together. So I don't think so really. They really are nasty and if AE is friends with them...

• Heart
Oh, I fully agree that they arent worse than her, she is terrible, but I mean it more in the way that if she had people with at least some emotional intelligence around her there would be at least a chance.

I mean look at this

IoanGruffudd sure showed his true abilities in the movie #SanAndreas! Abandoning people who needed him… looking out after himself first…running from problems… real life imitates art.
I mean even if it is morally true, does anyone with half a brain think that stuff like this will help Alice and her kids in any way? It will just push them further away from him.

Oh, I fully agree that they arent worse than her, she is terrible, but I mean it more in the way that if she had people with at least some emotional intelligence around her there would be at least a chance.

I mean look at this

I mean even if it is morally true, does anyone with half a brain think that stuff like this will help Alice and her kids in any way? It will just push them further away from him.
Right. And this tweet from one of the "official group" admins. smh 🤦‍♀️

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I just re-read that 3rd screenshot. Is she calling IG's mom a cun+? Am I reading that right?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
I thought at first she is calling him a bleep, but his mom may make more sense, idk. I really wonder why she is so focused on his mom. Has she really done anything or is she just assuming it?

Either way, that tweet is yet another own goal. Especially the bit where she implies that he doesnt love them.

Is she implying here that he only pretends to care for his kids for his image sake?

her rants are so weird: she just complained the other day about potentially having to give up living in LA, although she doesnt want that. She does realize that if he isnt working (given her tweet and her minions replies the "they had for 80 % of their lives no dad" is about him being away working all the time) she wouldnt get that either way, divorce or not, right?

She deleted the tweets HappyCamper shared now. Now she posted this

Didnt she said that he cut off all contact from them? Guess this was another lie.

Ella had birthday on monday, I do wonder if a pretty cold phone call to congratulate her (or not even that) is triggering her here again.

In any case that you forget to call somebody after a long day at work in different timezones is hardly shameful. And that you often dont have anything to say is pretty normal? ESPECIALLY after a divorce where the kids get told non-stop from their mom that daddy is terrible. It always becomes awkward then to interact, and I reckon this will need a long time (if ever) to be fixed again, but I suspect it wont because she will not stop with this. I'm obviously not saying that he is blameless in this, I simply dont know, maybe he did more than just breaking up from their mom (that alone sours a father/child relationship usually, even if it's unfair for the father, which is why it's important to tell the kids that it has nothing to do with them), but it's obvious to everyone that she is not helping it (and yes, kids are curious, they read twitter, even if they make you think that they dont)

Right. And this tweet from one of the "official group" admins. smh 🤦‍♀️

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I just re-read that 3rd screenshot. Is she calling IG's mom a cun+? Am I reading that right?
That’s what I’m seeing. I’m not sure how someone so far away could have that much influence. Except to help IG make the steps necessary to purge himself of a toxic relationship. One that she warned about from the beginning.
About the children didn’t she go from 50% to 80% about his time away from them? And now she’s doing the bus run whereas before she was going to two different schools? And if she’s as lax on discipline as she appears that could have been a big thorn in the marriage and still could be.

The issue is she doesn't want reasonable people around her. When people give her good advice on twitter she has to disagree with them. The support she wants is uncritical approval, which is what the flying monkeys supply.

It looks like IG has been getting advice from his mother on how to handle AE. What's wrong with that? AE would never have had too much contact with the in laws anyway living thousands of miles away. Unlike her, he is not estranged from his family. That is probably another thing she is jealous of.

Plus her complaining about his acting jobs away and his fixation with his looks?! She knew she was marrying an actor / model and that if she wanted kids with him she would have to put up with him being away. Why didn't she marry an accountant if she wanted a man who came home every night?? Sounds like she is jealous now of his looks - like that's not important for an actor trying to get work, which pays for her bills of course, including all the botox, filler, hair dye and boob jobs Alice had had :p

I think she is trying to ruin his reputation. To put off other women who might be interested in him?! and wreck his relationship with his kids which is sick. From the evidence I have seen he was a good father when he was around and facetimed them when he wasn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think she’s very jealous of his looks as hers have faded “for which I do sympathize with her.”

At this point I do believe that she is even jealous of the kids. They get to talk to him, while she doesnt. Not saying that she is a terrible mom for deep down maybe feeling like this, it happens. But most mothers manage to be happy for the kids first and foremost in the end.

We said this all many times before, but jeez, whoever he dates next will be in hell's kitchen. She definitely tries already to make him unattractive for potential partners.

The issue is she doesn't want reasonable people around her. When people give her good advice on twitter she has to disagree with them. The support she wants is uncritical approval, which is what the flying monkeys supply.
I would react the same to online strangers tbh (well, I wouldnt ask them for advice in the first place, but you g. It's Family or real life friends who usually can provide critical advice without being dismissed that easily. But then again we are talking here about somebody that is estranged from everyone, so maybe it really is hopeless

Last edited:
That’s what I’m seeing. I’m not sure how someone so far away could have that much influence. Except to help IG make the steps necessary to purge himself of a toxic relationship. One that she warned about from the beginning.
About the children didn’t she go from 50% to 80% about his time away from them? And now she’s doing the bus run whereas before she was going to two different schools? And if she’s as lax on discipline as she appears that could have been a big thorn in the marriage and still could be.
I'm sure Ioan It's trying to enjoy himself the best he can while he's filming the new miniseries, but I also think he may be a little anxious to get home to the girls and get some legal stuff handled. At the very mildest of Alice's behavior, it does appear that she is drinking too much then doing her "tweet and delete" thing. One sign of a true liar (haha oxymoron intended) is that they lie so much that they forget their lies. 50%? 80? One school? Two schools? Ioan left a year ago? Jan? March? Last Aug? Smh

It looks like IG has been getting advice from his mother on how to handle AE. What's wrong with that? AE would never have had too much contact with the in laws anyway living thousands of miles away. Unlike her, he is not estranged from his family. That is probably another thing she is jealous of.

Plus her complaining about his acting jobs away and his fixation with his looks?! She knew she was marrying an actor / model and that if she wanted kids with him she would have to put up with him being away. Why didn't she marry an accountant if she wanted a man who came home every night?? Sounds like she is jealous now of his looks - like that's not important for an actor trying to get work, which pays for her bills of course, including all the botox, filler, hair dye and boob jobs Alice had had :p

I think she is trying to ruin his reputation. To put off other women who might be interested in him?! and wreck his relationship with his kids which is sick. From the evidence I have seen he was a good father when he was around and facetimed them when he wasn't.
She is trying to ruin him in any way she can. So toxic. As toxic as some hollywood breakups have been (Brad and Angelina) I don't recall seeing them personally attack each other on social media. I just don't understand how Alice could be so naive. Has she never HEARD of divorce before? Or seen it on TV? Does she not know how to behave around her children with all that's going on? She says she wants the girls to know the truth. Maybe she should watch Life is Beautiful. I always thought that was a beautiful example of how far a parent might have to go to protect a child who is at an age at which the truth would be incomprehensible to them.

If you look through her Instagram, there are tons of photos of Ioan and the girls together. If she isn't insulting him or giving him a backhanded compliment, she is making comments about how cute they are together almost in a jealous way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.