Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading all these screenshots, I see the waving flags that she's probably a narcissist, sure. But as the saying goes "damaged people damage people"; I feel like somebody was originally like that before she was ( I'm thinking another female in her life). From my experiences with narcissism, it's always been with women, and to my knowledge, you either realize it, hate it and fight becoming that or you sometimes are around them so long you start taking on those characteristics.

I think IG probably had/ has his fair share of issues too or else they wouldn't have attracted each other, because it's just one of those universal laws that you attract a lot of how you're acting at the time. Either someone with the same insecurities OR someone who notices yours and preys on them, which is really a horrible shame. No doubt he wasn't nearly as blasé about it, but I would definitely have wanted to be a fly on those walls.
I absolutely agree about IG. He seemed extremely naive and sheltered. He admits that he was a late bloomer, was very religious, and once had to have his mother come to London to intervene when he was about to become involved in some crazy religion. He was 22 I believe which supposedly is when he lost his virginity. I don’t think he was with many women at all before he met AE. I’m sure she must have dazzled him. I doubt he knew what hit him until it was too late. Although he must have had some misgivings by the time she gave him the ultimatum to marry her. And I still believe he was/is insecure, that she wore the pants in the relationship and that he may suffer from anxiety and depression himself.
And I wonder if Alice’s mother was the narcissist, but any resentment was cancelled out by her mother’s death?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I absolutely agree about IG. He seemed extremely naive and sheltered. He admits that he was a late bloomer, was very religious, and once had to have his mother come to London to intervene when he was about to become involved in some crazy religion. He was 22 I believe which supposedly is when he lost his virginity. I don’t think he was with many women at all before he met AE. I’m sure she must have dazzled him. I doubt he knew what hit him until it was too late. Although he must have had some misgivings by the time she gave him the ultimatum to marry her. And I still believe he was/is insecure, that she wore the pants in the relationship and that he may suffer from anxiety and depression himself.
And I wonder if Alice’s mother was the narcissist, but any resentment was cancelled out by her mother’s death?
omg really?!?! I knew nothing of the near cult experience, that's both sad and slightly entertaining. I had no idea he was that sheltered.

I feel like it was maybe her Mom, yeah. I could be so wrong but I get that feeling.

Reactions: 4
omg really?!?! I knew nothing of the near cult experience, that's both sad and slightly entertaining. I had no idea he was that sheltered.

I feel like it was maybe her Mom, yeah. I could be so wrong but I get that feeling.
Yes, it’s extremely sad. Although I too admit slightly entertaining. He’s said before that religion made him feel guilty about everything because he thought God knew/could see everything he did and he didn’t want his children feeling that way.
And back to AE, she focuses on her Mother’s loss obsessively and her dad’s subsequent betrayal by remarrying. Then the two of them becoming estranged.

Yes, it’s extremely sad. Although I too admit slightly entertaining. He’s said before that religion made him feel guilty about everything because he thought God knew/could see everything he did and he didn’t want his children feeling that way.
And back to AE, she focuses on her Mother’s loss obsessively and her dad’s subsequent betrayal by remarrying. Then the two of them becoming estranged.
I can definitely understand that. I grew up in the church because I'm from the southern US :) And while I still believe in something, it definitely resonates with me, how paranoid and bad you end up feeling for everything. I feel for him there.

Yes re A, I see the same thing just oozing from all her posts. She's very hung up and miserable from all that and seems to replay it constantly.

Reactions: 5
I can't find it right now, but I remember reading back when she announced their break up in one comment section on a gossip site somebody who claimed that he knows her non blood related family and they would have told that she is pretty high maintanence (to put it lightly), I would assume that non-blood-related family will be her stepmoms (or maybe sister-in-laws? she was estranged from one brother until recently and had a fight with the other on social media last year, lol)

Bit uncomfortable btw to speculate about what role her mother played. Barely anyone knew her (not even Ioan). For all we know she was a lovely mom and Alice became like this due to her death. Who knows?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I can't find it right now, but I remember reading back when she announced their break up in one comment section on a gossip site somebody who claimed that he knows her non blood related family and they would have told that she is pretty high maintanence (to put it lightly), I would assume that non-blood-related family will be her stepmoms (or maybe sister-in-laws? she was estranged from one brother until recently and had a fight with the other on social media last year, lol)

Bit uncomfortable btw to speculate about what role her mother played. Barely anyone knew her (not even Ioan). For all we know she was a lovely mom and Alice became like this due to her death. Who knows?
I have no evidence of her mother being anything negative except for her daughter’s behavior which is extremely focused around her mother’s loss. There is a difference between speculation and accusation or stating of fact. After all isn’t Tattlelife a gossip site?

by my experience many men love them hot and crazy until the person inevitably becomes mostly crazy and you discover that the modest but sweet variant out there would be nicer for you...
Well he surprised quite a lot of people when he got together with AE. Before he said he wanted a nice Welsh girl... But yeah, he was dazzled. Besides narcissists love bomb their targets so I think he thought he had the perfect woman... and to be fair it was a 20 year relationship. I think the next one may be more "modest but sweet". We'll see.

I absolutely agree about IG. He seemed extremely naive and sheltered. He admits that he was a late bloomer, was very religious, and once had to have his mother come to London to intervene when he was about to become involved in some crazy religion. He was 22 I believe which supposedly is when he lost his virginity. I don’t think he was with many women at all before he met AE. I’m sure she must have dazzled him.
He had a four year relationship with a previous girlfriend and then a few dates with others before AE. I don't think he was very sheltered by the time they got together as he experienced quite a lot of success by then and was living in London. I think it's like a lot of relationships, it goes sour after a while. Plus AE is menopausal and that changes women and not in a good way.

As for the trolls AE fights with - she loves the attention and of course her flying monkeys come in to fluff up her ego. She could just block 'em but she likes the drama 🤪

• Haha

Could be but it’s very unlikely a death in the late 20’s would provoke a serious personality disorder such as BPD or NPD.

Could be but it’s very unlikely a death in the late 20’s would provoke a serious personality disorder such as BPD or NPD.
And I forgot to add one last thing I’ve been meaning to add forever. Sometimes people are just born this way!

Last edited:
Well he surprised quite a lot of people when he got together with AE. Before he said he wanted a nice Welsh girl... But yeah, he was dazzled. Besides narcissists love bomb their targets so I think he thought he had the perfect woman... and to be fair it was a 20 year relationship. I think the next one may be more "modest but sweet". We'll see.

He had a four year relationship with a previous girlfriend and then a few dates with others before AE. I don't think he was very sheltered by the time they got together as he experienced quite a lot of success by then and was living in London. I think it's like a lot of relationships, it goes sour after a while. Plus AE is menopausal and that changes women and not in a good way.

As for the trolls AE fights with - she loves the attention and of course her flying monkeys come in to fluff up her ego. She could just block 'em but she likes the drama 🤪
Don't accuse her of that, someone on here will tell you that's a misogynistic attitude (although those of us that are going through it know it's just the reality of menopause)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Don't accuse her of that, someone on here will tell you that's a misogynistic attitude (although those of us that are going through it know it's just the reality of menopause)
Just the reality of menopause? It is now luckily being spoken about about the horrendous symptoms some women have that mostly can be helped with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Women can totally change and behave totally out of character.

Just the reality of menopause? It is now luckily being spoken about about the horrendous symptoms some women have that mostly can be helped with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Women can totally change and behave totally out of character.
I pointed out earlier in the thread that that might be an issue but apparently it's misogynistic pointing out the affect hormones have on us.

Reactions: 3
I googled some of the symptoms of the menopause. Common symptoms include:
So she is getting a double whammy with both the menopause and the divorce. She is concentrating on what she has lost right now, not just the husband, but her parents too (in different ways). She is understandably depressed - I might feel sorry for her if she was a nicer person.

Who said it's misogynistic? A man?

It's reality.

Why is the word “report” in blue at the bottom of every single post in this thread? My bad. I just noticed it was everywhere. I should not get online before coffee. 🤭

Why is the word “report” in blue at the bottom of every single post in this thread? Has the entire thread been reported? 🤭🤫
Forum feature, if a poster has gone beyond the pale...
(I've accidentally clicked on it when I've been scrolling 🙈 fortunately it gives several options so I haven't accidentally reported an innocent post 😁)

I completely agree with your comment above that some people are just born that way. Sadly

I googled some of the symptoms of the menopause. Common symptoms include:
So she is getting a double whammy with both the menopause and the divorce. She is concentrating on what she has lost right now, not just the husband, but her parents too (in different ways). She is understandably depressed - I might feel sorry for her if she was a nicer person.

Who said it's misogynistic? A man?

It's reality.
It was on this thread and was in reply to a comment I made about about her possibly being menopausal. Personally I've found Men much more on board with the impact that menopause has on us women, pretty much every women under 45 that I've tried to discuss it with when they moan about sudden weight gain and insomnia slaps me down.

I do agree that the effect of menopause is real, the thing is just I'm not really ready to cut her much slack for it because she was always like this (though I guess divorce, the lack of other people genuinely close to her, fibro, already existing mental issues, and menopause may not be a good mix to deal with)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.