Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is ridiculous and dangerous!
not defending her, but depending on the person barefoot driving does have its advantages as long as you dont sweat. It's much easier to use the clutch for example. Sim racing drivers pretty much never use shoes for example.
Ok we will have to agree to disagree. I know he's not perfect but I don't see hard evidence that he's a narc. AE saying it doesn't count lol. On the other hand, there is plenty of evidence that AE is a narc.

It's very sad Ella is alienated from him. I would say this is AE's doing - punishing him for leaving by alienating his child. Like a narc would do 😑

As for AE's obsession with her mother in law?? If he was really so attached to his mother he would have stayed in the UK. It's possible his mother warned him about AE and was proved right in the end. But how could his mother ruin the relationship from 5,000 miles away? Wait until IG gets a girlfriend. How will AE explain that?

I'm not surprised. Her driving seems to be tit but at least she didn't do a hit and run this time or go on a foul mouthed rant. Then again the paps were there, so maybe she couldn't do a runner. I am more shocked by her outfit tbh. :D And I know it's bitchy but she seems to have gained weight.
Oh, I dont really disagree. She is 100 % a narcissist. Just saying that him being a covert narcissist is something I wouldnt find outrageously unlikely. When she called him initially a narcissist I had the overt variant in mind, which absolutely fits zero to him and completely to her.

I find it btw a tad odd if Ella refuses to see him: Didnt Alice said a few months back that Ella specifically didnt mind as much going to his house because she could order in this way more ubereats? If it's really the case (again, her insta comment isnt very clear, she might actually mean resume) it's pretty obvious that this is all her using her child in order to force him having contact with Alice again. Definitely a very possible scenario: We saw with that youtube thing about the parking lot incident that Alice is capable of using her as a muppet. I reckon Elsie is too young for this still, plus she was much more of a daddy's girl than Ella was based on what Alice had posted the past years.

As for the mother-in-law: As mentioned before she never liked her, which tbh isnt totally unusual. What's interesting to me is that she has only recently started actively blaming her. Before that she was blaming a possible new girlfriend, but since that didnt emerge she probably had to find someone else to blame. Contrary to common belief many women prefer to be left for a different woman rather than the husband breaking up because he naturally fell out of love. The realization that it took nothing but you for your spose to stop loving you often hurts a lot more, so you keep living in denial about that...you also gain the moral high ground and all sympathies (she instead tries to get those atm by the abandoned mother and kids narrative) if a third party is involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Anyone other than AE needs to be looking after those children. She’s toxic, dangerous, and abusive.
Plus she lies all the time and misrepresents herself on SM. She already has men asking her out on her Instagram page. Who knows what kind of person they are?

If I was IG I’d be majorly pissed at being labeled as having an Oedipus Complex!

Reactions: 6
find it btw a tad odd if Ella refuses to see him: Didnt Alice said a few months back that Ella specifically didnt mind as much going to his house because she could order in this way more ubereats? If it's really the case (again, her insta comment isnt very clear, she might actually mean resume) it's pretty obvious that this is all her using her child in order to force him having contact with Alice again. Definitely a very possible scenario: We saw with that youtube thing about the parking lot incident that Alice is capable of using her as a muppet. I reckon Elsie is too young for this still, plus she was much more of a daddy's girl than Ella was based on what Alice had posted the past years.
Yes that sounded very cruel. So she says lawyers are making the daughter see him but she doesn't want to because she has to go to his flat or something? Well tough really. An 11 year old should be told to go if that's the only reason. He doesn't want to see AE or speak to her. I don't blame him if her rants publicly are anything like what she says to him. What sort of visit will those girls have if he goes to the house and she spends the whole time going on? That's probably why he doesn't go. It does sound like she has some kind of substance/alcohol abuse problem. If he knows that, she is offering up evidence of her instability to him on a plate for a court case.

Reactions: 9
Oh.... my dayssss...

Why is she in such hysterics though? I feel like she's one of those ( and I have one in my family and it's super hard to deal with) people who escalate over top of someone else when they're really at fault and the other person tries to be honest with them. As a "back off" measure. Like, they get so upset so you then have to console them and know that they're unstable- therefore becoming afraid of their emotions. It's such a nasty tactic.

I don't know if that's what she's doing but why is she coming so unglued in the photos.

Reactions: 8
lol one of her minions says (unironically) she looks friendly on these pictures. How utterly deluded can you be?

Alice claims that it was a friendly chat and that she didnt drive barefooted. But then again she also claimed the other time that she shook hands when she actually committed a hit and run.

She definitely looks mega scary when she is...eh, not happy. We saw this with her last car crash, we saw this when she made that embarassing video complaining about custody arrangement , and we see it now. And then she wonders why he doesnt wanna go near her?

She also commented now on another comment on IG where somebody tried to defend Ioan by referencing the pap pics of him and the girls a few months back

yeah, Alice, he is terrible. And you try everything to make him see the girls...oh right, you dont!

Reactions: 4
lol one of her minions says (unironically) she looks friendly on these pictures. How utterly deluded can you be?

Alice claims that it was a friendly chat and that she didnt drive barefooted. But then again she also claimed the other time that she shook hands when she actually committed a hit and run.

She definitely looks mega scary when she is...eh, not happy. We saw this with her last car crash, we saw this when she made that embarassing video complaining about custody arrangement , and we see it now. And then she wonders why he doesnt wanna go near her?

She also commented now on another comment on IG where somebody tried to defend Ioan by referencing the pap pics of him and the girls a few months back

yeah, Alice, he is terrible. And you try everything to make him see the girls...oh right, you dont!
Ella didn’t seem unhappy with her dad at all considering he gave her a shoulder ride even though she’s the size of a grownup. I’m sure AE told Ella she didn’t have to go if she didn’t want to. Or guilted her about it.
Btw, I can’t stop watching this train wreck! 😱

IG probably did tip off the pap but I don't believe that Ella got dumped as soon as the photos were taken. Remember that there is a custody battle going on so she wants to portray IG in the worst possible light as a father. I think AE's plan is to estrange Ella from her dad (and it seems to be working) so that Ella says via lawyers that she doesn't want to see him and therefore AE gets full custody of her. At her age, I imagine Ella's wishes would be respected but I am not an expert in LA law. Remember AE doesn't want to spend the weekend or Christmas on her own so the plan would make perfect sense. At least then she will always have one of them. Devious, but that's what I expect from AE.

• Angry
IG probably did tip off the pap but I don't believe that Ella got dumped as soon as the photos were taken. Remember that there is a custody battle going on so she wants to portray IG in the worst possible light as a father. I think AE's plan is to estrange Ella from her dad (and it seems to be working) so that Ella says via lawyers that she doesn't want to see him and therefore AE gets full custody of her. At her age, I imagine Ella's wishes would be respected but I am not an expert in LA law. Remember AE doesn't want to spend the weekend or Christmas on her own so the plan would make perfect sense. At least then she will always have one of them. Devious, but that's what I expect from AE.
AE needs an intervention from someone she trusts and knows in real life.

AE needs an intervention from someone she trusts and knows in real life.
People like her don’t think they need an intervention. Nor will they accept one. She wants to control the narrative. If she can’t have IG he can’t have his daughters or at least one of them. If she can’t have the house he probably won’t get the divorce or it will delay it happening. Or if he can’t visit the children in their childhood home he doesn’t get to see Ella. She wants to engage him anyway she possibly can and it must be killing her that he’s gone no contact.
She’s an awful person I’ve decided. And as for what IG saw in her initially? I’m putting it right out there that it was based on love bombing, partying, and sex. He wouldn’t be the first man to fall for that and be unable to give it up.

Reactions: 7
People like her don’t think they need an intervention. Nor will they accept one. She wants to control the narrative. If she can’t have IG he can’t have his daughters or at least one of them. If she can’t have the house he probably won’t get the divorce or it will delay it happening. Or if he can’t visit the children in their childhood home he doesn’t get to see Ella. She wants to engage him anyway she possibly can and it must be killing her that he’s gone no contact.
She’s an awful person I’ve decided. And as for what IG saw in her initially? I’m putting it right out there that it was based on love bombing, partying, and sex. He wouldn’t be the first man to fall for that and be unable to give it up.
I don't think you can really do an intervention on a narc. After all they think everyone else is the problem!

AE referred to his new home as a "box" and now Ella won't see him outside the home AE is in. Huh? Is Ella copying her mum's controlling nature? The place shouldn't the issue - it's about spending time with the parent. I imagine Ella is torn but as her mum is not in a good place (shall we say), Ella might feel the need to take her side in this.

As for what he saw in her, I think it was love and it could have lasted if not for her narcissism. If you look back at her SM, she is constantly sniping at him and would have done so in real life imo. That kills a marriage, bit by bit. He would have left earlier if not for the kids, i believe.

I too think that this is her likely strategy but California isnt doing this stuff. They dont allow kids under 18 years to chose where to live, they only listen to their preference if it's deemed to their best interest, and spoiler: Alice ensures every day that no judge will ever think this. It's way more likely to work for him because he has hard evidence that she is an unfit parent, she doesnt, and even if she makes the kids claim that the court will likely conclude based on all evidence that parental allienation led to this.

If she has any proof (probably not) the CP thing she pulled the other day is the only card she can play.

In general getting sole custody is pretty hard unless the other parent isnt insisting or has very serious issues. And rightly so.

Perhaps she is just using Ella to have some control over him...

Last edited:
I don't think you can really do an intervention on a narc. After all they think everyone else is the problem!

AE referred to his new home as a "box" and now Ella won't see him outside the home AE is in. Huh? Is Ella copying her mum's controlling nature? The place shouldn't the issue - it's about spending time with the parent. I imagine Ella is torn but as her mum is not in a good place (shall we say), Ella might feel the need to take her side in this.

As for what he saw in her, I think it was love and it could have lasted if not for her narcissism. If you look back at her SM, she is constantly sniping at him and would have done so in real life imo. That kills a marriage, bit by bit. He would have left earlier if not for the kids, i believe.
I thought the exact same thing about Ella copying her mother’s controlling nature. But it could also be about trying to make AE happy or to feel better. That’s truly sad.
When my parents divorced I never questioned for a second where I was to go. I wasn’t thrilled with my mother’s apartment but I wanted to see her so that was that. Children love when parents are in control because it makes them feel secure. The proper sort of control that is.

I think the comment under the parking lot video made it already quite obvious that either Alice has very strong power over her (possibly by feeling like she has to make her mom happy, as she referenced more than once) or she picked up the same questionable traits. This now just confirmed what we probably all feared. For her sake I hope it's the former, but either way both things are bad.

Yeah, she mentioned even last year that they both would have liked to have a son if IVF was still possible

Bit torn about this: sure, would be entertaining, but I'm fearing the worst, which isnt quite so funny.

I strongly suspect he would keep any future relationship quite secret anyway (I wouldnt be surprised if he has already). If you want this you can, even in Hollywood.

Yeah, she mentioned even last year that they both would have liked to have a son if IVF was still possible

Bit torn about this: sure, would be entertaining, but I'm fearing the worst, which isnt quite so funny.

I strongly suspect he would keep any future relationship quite secret anyway (I wouldnt be surprised if he has already). If you want this you can, even in Hollywood.
What do you fear? I’m honestly curious what you’re thinking. I enjoy hearing others points of view on this subject as I find it fascinating.
I wouldn’t be surprised either although he must be much more discreet than AE who got filmed having the fender bender and looking her absolute worst. Except way better than the Parking Lot disaster!
It’s a shame if IG can’t start over again because of AE. It shouldn’t be that way and isn’t fair. And if the shoe was on the other foot that wouldn’t be fair either.

Reactions: 1
Anyone other than AE needs to be looking after those children. She’s toxic, dangerous, and abusive.
Plus she lies all the time and misrepresents herself on SM. She already has men asking her out on her Instagram page. Who knows what kind of person they are?

If I was IG I’d be majorly pissed at being labeled as having an Oedipus Complex!
This split reminds me so much of my parent's divorce. My father left my mother for another woman. He was promptly labelled as an evil, sadistic narcissist, while my mother was the helpless victim. My mother told me the most horrific things about my father and really poisoned me against him. My father and I ended up estranged because I felt like having a relationship with him would be disloyal to my mother, since he caused her so much pain.

Fast forward 15-odd years to me meeting my husband, and my mother behaving absolutely appallingly towards me for "abandoning" her. She had envisioned that I would one day buy a house with her and we would live together forever. She was so bitter about me finding a partner I wanted to start a life with in my 30s.

She similarly punished my sister for getting married too, and tried to sabotage her wedding at every opportunity.

I ended up seeing a therapist to try to figure out how to cope with my mother's strange and manipulative behaviour. Turns out my therapist thought that my mother has borderline personality disorder. Learning more about has made me question absolutely everything about my childhood, and these days I really doubt my mother's narrative about my father and believe that she intentionally sought to alienate me from him to punish him for leaving.

Alice's comment about hoping her daughter will doesn't inherit her father's nose tipped me over the edge. I look very much like my father, and my mother would make comments all the time about what a shame it was that I looked like him or had his bad genes. It doesn't really matter what Ioan has done to Alice - Alice is the one who is going to end up absolutely destroying her poor children. I'm appalled by all the comments of support on her Instagram.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I find it amusing that Alice seems to be into the Mulaney/Munn story now. Maybe she should pay attention how Tendler deals with being treated so much worse than she ever will be.

What do you fear? I’m honestly curious what you’re thinking. I enjoy hearing others points of view on this subject as I find it fascinating.
I wouldn’t be surprised either although he must be much more discreet than AE who got filmed having the fender bender and looking her absolute worst. Except way better than the Parking Lot disaster!
It’s a shame if IG can’t start over again because of AE. It shouldn’t be that way and isn’t fair. And if the shoe was on the other foot that wouldn’t be fair either.
This chick gives me for some reason Betty Broderick vibes. I hope I'm way off the mark. But even if not I think it's pretty certain that if he has a second wife he will lose these children.

This split reminds me so much of my parent's divorce. My father left my mother for another woman. He was promptly labelled as an evil, sadistic narcissist, while my mother was the helpless victim. My mother told me the most horrific things about my father and really poisoned me against him. My father and I ended up estranged because I felt like having a relationship with him would be disloyal to my mother, since he caused her so much pain.

Fast forward 15-odd years to me meeting my husband, and my mother behaving absolutely appallingly towards me for "abandoning" her. She had envisioned that I would one day buy a house with her and we would live together forever. She was so bitter about me finding a partner I wanted to start a life with in my 30s.

She similarly punished my sister for getting married too, and tried to sabotage her wedding at every opportunity.

I ended up seeing a therapist to try to figure out how to cope with my mother's strange and manipulative behaviour. Turns out my therapist thought that my mother has borderline personality disorder. Learning more about has made me question absolutely everything about my childhood, and these days I really doubt my mother's narrative about my father and believe that she intentionally sought to alienate me from him to punish him for leaving.

Alice's comment about hoping her daughter will doesn't inherit her father's nose tipped me over the edge. I look very much like my father, and my mother would make comments all the time about what a shame it was that I looked like him or had his bad genes. It doesn't really matter what Ioan has done to Alice - Alice is the one who is going to end up absolutely destroying her poor children. I'm appalled by all the comments of support on her Instagram.
I'm so sorry for what you've been through :( I hope life is nicer to you now?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.