Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've actually been wondering how the dynamic of this changes once the childhood home is out of the picture. He probably can afford a "better" house than Alice too given that he gets 70 % out of it. But then again I guess then Alice will poison their brains with "he sold your beloved home, so that he has a better life than us" lol
How do you know he gets 70%?

Reactions: 2
OMG!! the Betty Broderick thing is so accurate it's not even funny. Down to the even the same way Betty felt she had "paid her dues" and stayed at home while he got to live life blah blah. ( That makes me want to grab some popcorn and watch that Lifetime movie for the umpteenth time).

But for everyone's sake, I hope that same/ similar kind of story doesn't play out in this situation. It's downright awful.
I hope so as well. I often think that what havoc she wreaks will be emotional devastation instead. She won’t be happy unless she can make IG as miserable as she possibly can.

Anyone else having problems with Tattlelife? The page keeps reloading.

Yikes. View attachment 767067

btw. When is she gonna remove his last name from hers on her accounts?
Probably never. It’s her only claim to fame. That and the Christmas Card! 😂
I see her FM’s are cleaning up her second husband ad fiasco. 🤣

How do you know he gets 70%?
I’m going to answer for welp”hope that’s okay.” AE said so herself. It was in their prenup she said he “made” her sign 17 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yikes.
btw. When is she gonna remove his last name from hers on her accounts?
I'd say never. Leaving aside the obvious jokes about her tying her whole identity to him she is known under that username plus it would restart the verification process.

More amused that one of her minions still have Ioan's character from Forever as her twitter handle 🤣

I’m going to answer for welp”hope that’s okay.” AE said so herself. It was in their prenup she said he “made” her sign 17 years ago.
Thanks!

She’s just posted herself in the DM article and basically has justifications for why she was in the traffic boo boo. Has anyone else seen it?

Reactions: 3
I see she's replying to the daily mail article about her latest car accident - comments under below tweet. She must just be constantly searching her own name at this stage.

Her reply about here underwear was gross. No one wants to think about that. :sick:

She’s just posted herself in the DM article and basically has justifications for why she was in the traffic boo boo. Has anyone else seen it?
Yes. She just doesn't "get" things. OK, so it's not illegal to drive in bare feet. But then she comments that one of her shoes had gone under the seat and she didn't want to spend time fishing for it. That is actually REALLY dangerous. ANYTHING on the floor of the driver's side is a hazard because it could slide around and get in the way of the accel and brake pads (and clutch). This kind of personality believes the rules don't apply to them and have the "nothing's going to happen to me" attitude. I swear she is IDENTICAL to my old friend with BPD (among other diagnoses). We were neighbors and she asked me to stop by one day. When I got there, the front was wide open, her two kids (8 & 10) were in the kitchen cooking a meal for themselves and I stopped to say hi and chat. Then she came trotting down the stairs NAKED. I mean COMPLETELY NAKED! By the way her kids, were a boy and girl.

Another day I came over, one of the kids answered the door and said that she was up stairs in her room. When I walked past the kitchen, about half the cupboard doors were open and the fridge door was jar. When I got upstairs, she was sitting on her bed eating a sandwich in her underwear. Boobs everywhere.

Did anyone see the movie Spanglish? The wife, Tea Leoni's character seems like that kind of personality too. Life of the party type, funny as hell, attractive, talented in artistic areas, and talk a mile a minute. Some of these people need constant attention from their mate and because their egos are so fragile, if they don't get the attention they think they deserve, the go somewhere else to get it. They also engage in dangerous behavior, speeding, unprotected promiscuous sex (probably not AE but we don't know but that's where it would have been headed anyway), gambling problems, and other fun stuff.

Sorry I got long-winded. I feel so bad for her but there's no fixing this situation except for him to leave. Like others have said here, I'm sure he has been dealing this for years and it just kept getting worse. He is doing the best thing, clean break, no contact. It's really admirable actually. It's very difficult to do. It tugs on your heart strings and the next minute you want to shake them and yell at them. So frustrating.

I'll shut up now. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
In case anyone is interested in reading about AE's type of behavior: Just read this article on BPD.
Romantic Relationships Involving People With BPD

Here are some snippets:

...people with BPD are frequently good, kind, and caring individuals.

Often they have many positive qualities that can make them great romantic partners some of the time. Furthermore, many people who have been in a romantic relationship with someone with BPD talk about how fun, exciting, and passionate a BPD partner can be.

Many people are drawn to a BPD partner precisely because people with BPD have intense emotions and a strong desire for intimacy.

...people with BPD may quickly go from idealization to devaluation—or thinking that their partner is a horrible person.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Read another great article. A seven-minute read.

Setting Boundaries With Narcissist: No Contact Rule

Subheading #3 in this article is why most of us are here watching this train wreck in disbelief. Ioan is very, very smart with his silence and his clean break from AE. Even though there are children involved, things can go through the lawyers right now. Ioan and the kids have a long, long road ahead but they can still have a beautiful life. I'm pulling for them and for AE. She needs some intense long-term therapy and most likely medication.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'd say never. Leaving aside the obvious jokes about her tying her whole identity to him she is known under that username plus it would restart the verification process.

More amused that one of her minions still have Ioan's character from Forever as her twitter handle 🤣

Thanks!
If that prenup was done before children arrived then that might/could make a difference. Sounds like he put down the deposit on the house/paid for renovations if he’s getting more than a 50/50 split.

If that prenup was done before children arrived then that might/could make a difference. Sounds like he put down the deposit on the house/paid for renovations if he’s getting more than a 50/50 split.
I thought that prenups weren't legally enforceable in the UK?

Reactions: 2
They are in California. Unless something went wrong in the procedure (e.g. lawyers didnt advise them) they tend to follow it there. I know that income changes since then can change things for the court a bit, not sure about children: they are meant to be seperated from the prenup (e.g. child support has nothing to do with).

Alice sounded like nothing can be done about it unless he gives in, which is probably why (after she managed for a few months to keep silent) she went back to the public shaming routine?

Reactions: 5
2007 in Los Angeles (did the celebrations a few weeks later in Mexico)

First child arrived in 2009, but again I'm not sure if the distribution of assets greatly influences this. It would probably make a difference if they had two properties. But I'm no expert either.

2007 in Los Angeles (did the celebrations a few weeks later in Mexico)

First child arrived in 2009, but again I'm not sure if the distribution of assets greatly influences this. It would probably make a difference if they had two properties. But I'm no expert either.
Apparently child support is completely separate in Los Angeles and fixed. AE didn’t appear to worry about it.

Speaking of the BPD carelessness, I was surprised that the two daughters, then 11 and 7, had gone trick or treating and had left the candy they didn’t like on the floor in a room where the new puppy got into it. Needless to say the dog had to make an emergency trip to the vet. Very expensive, no doubt. My child never left candy or food where the dog could get it once she was that age, and before that I made sure. I can’t imagine that IG was too happy about that. Never mind the poor dog!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Apparently child support is completely separate in Los Angeles and fixed. AE didn’t appear to worry about it.
Yes, but this doesnt fall under child support.

It's a bit complicated: Normally a court decides everything what is in the best interest of the children, which would mean that the kids, if possible, stay in the house they are used to. But they also cant fully reward the house to the mother, because California is a community property state, which means that they will always share assets 50/50 unless it's negotiated differently (whether it's via prenup or during the divorce itself), so since they dont have two properties to split Alice will never get the house alone*, and thus the court will not reward it to her on the basis of the best interest of the children either. At least this is how I understand it.

*this is btw under the assumption that they fully own the house. I believe they are still paying mortgage: in those cases the court almost always orders the house to be sold anyway, so the whole children argument becomes void already at that point.

Tbh, if I was Alice I would definitely try to challenge the prenup. The stuff about the house is already a bit unfortnate (although her expectation that he gives her the house is completely delusional). But that she only gets 10 % in spousal support out of a marriage that lasted longer than 10 years in California is hilarious. I can't believe that she actually signed back then something like this.

I just went over to Twitter and Instagram to see. She seems far more concerned with how she looked than the accident. Making excuses for her appearance more than anything else. Then posting photos of herself where she’s really thin and also filtered photos. It’s truly pathetic how her whole self worth is tied to her looks and IG.
Does anyone know if the children were in the car, btw?

Yes, but this doesnt fall under child support.

It's a bit complicated: Normally a court decides everything what is in the best interest of the children, which would mean that the kids, if possible, stay in the house they are used to. But they also cant fully reward the house to the mother, because California is a community property state, which means that they will always share assets 50/50 unless it's negotiated differently (whether it's via prenup or during the divorce itself), so since they dont have two properties to split Alice will never get the house alone*, and thus the court will not reward it to her on the basis of the best interest of the children either. At least this is how I understand it.

*this is btw under the assumption that they fully own the house. I believe they are still paying mortgage: in those cases the court almost always orders the house to be sold anyway, so the whole children argument becomes void already at that point.

Tbh, if I was Alice I would definitely try to challenge the prenup. The stuff about the house is already a bit unfortnate (although her expectation that he gives her the house is completely delusional). But that she only gets 10 % in spousal support out of a marriage that lasted longer than 10 years in California is hilarious. I can't believe that she actually signed back then something like this.
I wonder how much 10% would be? And who has to sell the house? AE or IG?
As someone mentioned before about AE accepting the prenup, you can see how much she wanted to marry him. 10% is laughable.

Last edited:
I just went over to Twitter and Instagram to see. She seems far more concerned with how she looked than the accident. Making excuses for her appearance more than anything else. Then posting photos of herself where she’s really thin and also filtered photos. It’s truly pathetic how her whole self worth is tied to her looks and IG.
Does anyone know if the children were in the car, btw?

As someone mentioned before about AE accepting the prenup, you can see how much she wanted to marry him. 10% is laughable.
Also show's what an hole IG is surely to be screwing his soon to be wife over.

Also show's what an hole IG is surely to be screwing his soon to be wife over.
While I dont think that he is a saint or anything I personally disagree on that one: He was already earning probably about 90 % of their income even before the kids arrived, and child support is paid seperately to spousal support. I dont think that you screw anyone over if they wouldnt even get that life standard if they werent married to you in the first place.

The law just entitles you to more (about 40 % IIRC), which is why it's bizarre that you would even sign this, but that's on her. She could have said no and find a different rich man to live off him. I think you are well within your rights to protect yourself, especially since California law is VERY generous in terms of spousal support.

If he cunningly hid it from her, then yes, he is an asshole, but then the prenup wouldnt be uphold, so it doesnt really seem to be the case.
10 % from the average of your last 3 yearly incomes. I guess a actor of his calibre will earn about 200k per year? (Im guessing), then you have child support which is probably about 20-25 % (of your current income). She also gets 300k (according to her) from selling the house. And SAG pays actors who are unemployed well from what she said in the past (speaking of which, working is still a option!). She may not be able to afford a house in West Hollywood anymore under those conditions, but she will hardly have a terrible life.

Typically if you sell the house you negotiate with the bank about outstanding mortgage payments and then they buy the house and pay out your share.

• Heart
Read another great article. A seven-minute read.

Setting Boundaries With Narcissist: No Contact Rule

Subheading #3 in this article is why most of us are here watching this train wreck in disbelief. Ioan is very, very smart with his silence and his clean break from AE. Even though there are children involved, things can go through the lawyers right now. Ioan and the kids have a long, long road ahead but they can still have a beautiful life. I'm pulling for them and for AE. She needs some intense long-term therapy and most likely medication.
This is an extremely enlightening article! Thank you so much for sharing. 😊

Reactions: 1
I feel sorry for Alive and other women like her, I almost feel angry on her behalf.

we are taught from a young age to aspire to marriage. Even seemingly progressive shows like SATC were all about getting a man. Having a husband and a man beside you is the be all and end all. Women in all sorts of media have their successes framed in this way. And to achieve this we are taught that our looks are our biggest commodity. How many high profile “supermodels”do we have compared to say academics, or sportswomen? How many high profile male models are there in comparison?

Many of my female friends were subtlety obsessed with finding a boyfriend and getting married. Many of them have good jobs, hobbies etc but ultimately the focus of their life is their husband/boyfriend. I have a friend who is a hard working, intelligent, beautiful doctor. She married the first boyfriend she ever had, even though he’s not particularly successful, intelligent or good looking and he doesn’t treat her especially well. He’s faithful at least, but he brings so little to the table. She accepts him though, because having a man is better than being single.

Not a single one of my male friends, meanwhile, has ever obsessed or worried about marriage.
Alice is of the generation that still tore women apart for going against the grain in any way. For daring to be promiscuous, for daring to speak out against mistreatment, for daring to have a dress size even slightly too large. She was an actress in the horrendous Weinstein era. She stepped aside as an actress for Ioans career to take off while she was largely a mother.

now she’s older and her beauty is no longer the valued asset it once was (in an industry that excludes women past the age of 35). To add insult to industry her husband is now leaving her. I don’t think Alice has been single since her early 20s. She’s always had a man and now she doesn’t.

she was taught her beauty and her marriage were the most important things about her and now it’s being taken away by time and maybe even another woman. Of course she’s confused and angry and distraught.

she should be able to shrug it off and tell herself she’ll find someone else, but she can’t. Because women as they age are dispensable, sometching that Ioan won’t experience as a man. Her attractiveness lessens as she ages apparently, and so too does her value. But he will still get roles and be deemed attractive.

tattlers, maybe we should think hard about this and how this damaging view is framing our own opinions. We expect Alice to be “dignified” and “quiet” because as women, we are expected to be as little trouble as possible. To conveniently disappear when required by our male peers. But why should she?

Alice is reacting as a result of all of the above factors on top of the emotional turmoil of rejection. Society has the gall to value women in their looks and availability to men, then derides them when that is taken from them. Alice isn’t the problem, her reaction is a byproduct of a much bigger one.

My advice is to stop the self destruct for her own sake. If Ioan behaves badly then she should absolutely call him out for it, but the best way to stick a middle finger up to a sexist society is to thrive as a successful, happy, middle aged woman.
i agree but... she is unhinged. Why shouldn’t she show it? Why pretend this hasn’t been devastating for her? Playing devils advocate here, I’m not criticising tattlers because I find this forum extremely funny, astute and welcoming. But I think it’s healthy to sometimes question why we think certain things.

there’s a lot to be said for having a stiff upper lip... and putting in a brave front. But it’s all pretense.

we can look at Alice and see how society lets women down utterly, how a husband and pretty face doesn’t equate to happiness. it’s painful to look at but it’s the reality. Don’t we all need to be conscious of this to be able to actively question it? If Alice and others like her just out on a brave face then we never have to confront the ugly truth.

i see Alice and think, I’m glad I didn’t constantly have a boyfriend in my twenties. I’m glad I broke up with boyfriends who weren’t great, even if I was scared of being alone. I’m glad I’ve learned to enjoy my own company and cultivate independence/hoboes/interests. I’m glad I have an identity out of my relationship. I’m glad I’ve spent time focusing on my career and no intention of giving it up. I plan on making sure I don’t value myself based solely on looks so even if my other half decides to up and leave me in middle age - it hasn’t be the sole focus of my life.

In other words, I’m sorry Alice is going through what she is. I hope she learns to grieve and moves on. I’m glad I can see her as a life lesson. I don’t want to see her doing Starbucks pap walks pretending to be happy for the sake of appearances - I want to see her getting a Starbucks and being *genuinely* happy.
I 💯 per cent ❤ both of these posts. Wise compassionate and honest and I completely agree.
The damage that is done to woman being programmed to compete (against each other) for the male gaze and to live vicariously through others is immeasurable.
Even with some seemingly intelligent woman who still (being sometimes achievement orientated) want to be considered the most desirable and successful when it comes to having a love life!
It's just divide and rule in my opinion that some woman (sometimes unknowingly) pass down to their daughters.
Your no one unless seen to be someone (or with someone) and self worth becomes so hard to gauge? When based on the whims of pleasing a man! It's become obsessional undignified and very damaging to mental health.
All this talk about feminism and rights and activism and yet we are still judged (and judging) from medieval standards.
The promise of romance or seduction as if only someone else could provide what we are really looking for.
It's a lie and a damaging one at that everything we need or desire we already have but contentment is not promoted angst is?
We are drip fed dissatisfaction about our bodies about what we should aspire to and model ourselves on and always the urge to please others is framed as of paramount importance.
The social and economic conditioning of woman to always accept less but expect more (given by others at a later date they promise!)
Lures us into a trap and feeling of false comfort and security that ironically enough can be undermined at any minute!
When it is and it all comes crashing down then if we object we are labelled as unstable when in actual fact what has always been unstable is the conditions a lot of us are expected to live and love and work under!
Not fair heartbreaking unjustified and sometimes deliberately cruel but God help you if you have the audacity to reflect that situation and not go quietly or protest or kick up a fuss or just show your pain!
Pain seems to be the signal for some predators to come out of the woodwork with their tutting and judgement because (and this is the dispiriting bit) some see an expression of pain as weakness!
This is sadly still far too prevalent but to be or get hurt is really a measure of a human feeling and is testament to being alive and responding or reacting to life as is seen fit and is nothing to be ashamed of.
It's just a pity some people can't see that.
Those are the people who let you down though when you need it in my experience and having been through terrible pain myself (and been chastised for it by those closest) because it was messy and inconvenience and I was too loud!
Well that's as may be but now I know that its only their opinion and I'm grateful for being raw because it made everything clearer more compassionate (from a higher source) and gave me deeper insight into myself and others.
I really hope Alice pulls through all this hurt and finds some unexpected gifts of insight and empathy and love.
I wish her well and to anyone else who has ever been labelled unhinged or difficult or loud or angry or any other supposedly unfeminine trait.
Cheers to all of us ❤ and love and finally peace.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.