Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband is from North Wales and they don't see South Wales as proper Welsh :LOL:
Back to Alice, I wonder if she has a problem with alcohol? It doesn't make any sense that she is so dumb that she would just spill her guts so often, begging him to take her back after she has basically called him a child abuser! If she has, she will lose her children unless she shuts up. She clearly either has no or is not listening to, legal advice. Just some strangers on the Internet validating her who will walk away once all the excitement is over and she no longer has access to Ioan.
I actually think some of those people will stick to her even when all the excitement is over. Many of her supporters are people she "met" online over the resist or metoo movement (that's why they are so quick to believe her too) rather than only by being Ioan's wife. And she gained many supporters from that corner by being brave and speaking up against her husband abusing her! God, I actually am generally in support of these kind of movements, but these people will never understand that believing everything a women says isnt the way to go either, especially when it's so obvious that her story is whole of holes and a rather suspect background.

But even if they all do: online friends are just that, they may have genuinely good intentions, but generally they dont think in the bigger picture as they would to real life friends, it's pretty natural because of the distance, if you have more distance you are more likely to suggest something brave that can ruin everything, it wont impact yourself a great deal after all. She should focus on rebuilding a strong real life.

I think she stopped the begging for him to take her back a couple of months ago (with the divorce filing), or at least directly doing that, would be pretty embarassing if she would still do this after everything she said. although her frequent complains about him not visiting their house and the occasional sad post about him (before lashing out) can be taken a different way. Either way: the more she talks about how awful he was (especially the stuff the other day) the worse it looks on her for wanting him back until at least not too long ago. I'm not sure if she is realizing this.

Definitely suspect that she has a problem with alcohol, especially now, probably also doesnt mix well with her fibro and the depressant she has been taken for years (or at least she did until not too long ago, but I doubt that this changed)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I actually think some of those people will stick to her even when all the excitement is over. Many of her supporters are people she "met" online over the resist or metoo movement (that's why they are so quick to believe her too) rather than only by being Ioan's wife. And she gained many supporters from that corner by being brave and speaking up against her husband abusing her! God, I actually am generally in support of these kind of movements, but these people will never understand that believing everything a women says isnt the way to go either, especially when it's so obvious that her story is whole of holes and a rather suspect background.

But even if they all do: online friends are just that, they may have genuinely good intentions, but generally they dont think in the bigger picture as they would to real life friends, it's pretty natural because of the distance, if you have more distance you are more likely to suggest something brave that can ruin everything, it wont impact yourself a great deal after all. She should focus on rebuilding a strong real life.

I think she stopped the begging for him to take her back a couple of months ago (with the divorce filing), or at least directly doing that, would be pretty embarassing if she would still do this after everything she said. although her frequent complains about him not visiting their house and the occasional sad post about him (before lashing out) can be taken a different way. Either way: the more she talks about how awful he was (especially the stuff the other day) the worse it looks on her for wanting him back until at least not too long ago. I'm not sure if she is realizing this.

Definitely suspect that she has a problem with alcohol, especially now, probably also doesnt mix well with her fibro and the depressant she has been taken for years (or at least she did until not too long ago, but I doubt that this changed)
I’ve often wondered if she was an alcoholic. An alcoholic can function at a job and seem normal then come home in the evening and drink. Although she doesn’t seem to be functioning very well, if she is one.
I didn’t know she took an antidepressant, although that would fit with the fibromyalgia. Alcohol definitely wouldn’t mix well with any chronic illness, or pills or most of all parenting. Parenting is hard enough firing on all cylinders.
From what I can see Alice didn’t seem to care very much about what Ioan wanted, and would charge ahead and do what she wished. I’m referring to the Harvey Epstein story, the social media comments on Twitter, and of course putting their lives on Instagram for all the world to see. He eventually got fed up and I don’t blame him. Never mind all the other crap like the car park incident for one example.
He seemed to always defend her no matter what and probably felt she should do the same for him. And then it was too late. It’s sad. Although I’m being honest here in that I admit to not having sympathy for her.

Reactions: 5
Just catching up with the comment Ella made on Youtube. Not blaming her of course, but I think it's A plus for emotional manipulation. And who did she learn that from? Her mother, of course. As the comment was edited I think Ella wrote it and Alice edited it and probably suggested that Ella comment in the first place. She drags her kids into adult matters, like a narcissist would.

Also I looked through some of the other comments and saw this - someone noticed Alice's response to the incident on IG? when she said ”You really think Kayla showed you EVERYTHING that happened? Considering we shook hands before we walked off her behavior smells strongly of somebody wanting attention for themselves” in response to someone’s post to her about the incident. Kayla flatly denies this and it was such a stupid lie on Alice's part, after all we have the video evidence. :)

I think Alice is a textbook narcissist and I am only surprised it took Ioan 20 years to find out what a lot of us knew back in 2000. But then love is blind.

I came across this on twitter. "Victim-signaling correlates with Dark Triad personality traits (psychopathy, narcissism, Machiavellianism). I.e. people who score highly on victim-signaling are more likely to agree with statements like “I want people to know that I am an important person of high status.” Sounds like Alice to a T. I saw that she claims she was bullied from the age of 7 - 40? By who exactly? She enjoys manipulating the rubes on twitter who don't know that she has previous.

Also, she is always accusing other people of being jealous of her. She claimed the fans at Ioanonline didn't like her because they thought she was the reason they weren't with Ioan. LOL. No love, it wasn't that. With the estrangement from her father, it's hard to tell but I think her jealousy might be the reason. When her mother died, she said she became very close to her dad. Then he met another woman and Alice didn't get the attention she was used to. I would say that her jealous behaviour made the dad choose the wife over her. She was with Ioan by then which makes her behaviour weirder. She wasn't even single.

Reactions: 7
Just catching up with the comment Ella made on Youtube. Not blaming her of course, but I think it's A plus for emotional manipulation. And who did she learn that from? Her mother, of course. As the comment was edited I think Ella wrote it and Alice edited it and probably suggested that Ella comment in the first place. She drags her kids into adult matters, like a narcissist would.

Also I looked through some of the other comments and saw this - someone noticed Alice's response to the incident on IG? when she said ”You really think Kayla showed you EVERYTHING that happened? Considering we shook hands before we walked off her behavior smells strongly of somebody wanting attention for themselves” in response to someone’s post to her about the incident. Kayla flatly denies this and it was such a stupid lie on Alice's part, after all we have the video evidence. :)

I think Alice is a textbook narcissist and I am only surprised it took Ioan 20 years to find out what a lot of us knew back in 2000. But then love is blind.

I came across this on twitter. "Victim-signaling correlates with Dark Triad personality traits (psychopathy, narcissism, Machiavellianism). I.e. people who score highly on victim-signaling are more likely to agree with statements like “I want people to know that I am an important person of high status.” Sounds like Alice to a T. I saw that she claims she was bullied from the age of 7 - 40? By who exactly? She enjoys manipulating the rubes on twitter who don't know that she has previous.

Also, she is always accusing other people of being jealous of her. She claimed the fans at Ioanonline didn't like her because they thought she was the reason they weren't with Ioan. LOL. No love, it wasn't that. With the estrangement from her father, it's hard to tell but I think her jealousy might be the reason. When her mother died, she said she became very close to her dad. Then he met another woman and Alice didn't get the attention she was used to. I would say that her jealous behaviour made the dad choose the wife over her. She was with Ioan by then which makes her behaviour weirder. She wasn't even single.
I’m inclined to agree with the narcissist statement as well. I’ve had to deal with three of them in my own life so it’s easy to spot.
I honestly can’t believe Ioan couldn’t see her for what she was. I wonder if over time he gradually began connecting the dots?

Also, she is always accusing other people of being jealous of her. She claimed the fans at Ioanonline didn't like her because they thought she was the reason they weren't with Ioan. LOL. No love, it wasn't that. With the estrangement from her father, it's hard to tell but I think her jealousy might be the reason. When her mother died, she said she became very close to her dad. Then he met another woman and Alice didn't get the attention she was used to. I would say that her jealous behaviour made the dad choose the wife over her. She was with Ioan by then which makes her behaviour weirder. She wasn't even single. GRAND delusions, they have. And they do the strangest and most extreme things to get the responses they want from others.

I'm really glad somebody said all this. I know we shouldn't try to be armchair psychologists ( and I feel like people probably see a lot of my posts as that), but I have to give this post a standing ovation. I just can't deny what I see after having lived with a mother who acted just like that. Re the car incident: the imitation noises, the coming out swinging/ almost grabbing Kayla's car door, the denial of any wrongdoing, the excuses ( kid in the car), the mockery.. etc. It was like watching a movie of things I've experienced.

Narcissism is something that I get happens after it's been modeled to you, but it's still downright awful and a whole different monster to deal with, because by the time people are exhibiting it, it's so hard for them to ever snap out of it because they truly believe they are not wrong in anything they do. I guess it would be a bit like trying to deprogram someone from a cult. GRAND delusions. And they will do the strangest and most dramatic twisted things to get the reactions or behaviors they want out of others.

Edited to add a story I just remembered. And I'm about to say again that I'm still not sure E wrote that comment. I still think it was Alice. Here's why.

I once had an older female friend that I bonded with really fast out of our joint sufferings with chronic illnesses. She was long distance, but she still managed to work an angle. I confided in her about a lot of things which I shouldn't have done. But I found out her mother was crazy and abusive in multiple ways. Before too long, she started wanting to talk to me every day for hours on end starting in the morning, and she started making comments about how she was there for me more than my bf at the time, and how she did more for my bday... etc etc. Then she started sending gifts too frequently and I ended up telling her I felt uncomfortable and finally I told her " I feel like you're doing this because you want to buy my silence, so I'll never say anything that you don't want to hear". This woman hung up on me and deleted me/blocked me off every platform within minutes. I was taken so aback and I was concerned because of her history of trying to self harm, so I contacted her husband through Facebook while he was supposedly at work, and I got a reply back within 15 minutes. IT WAS HER. I could tell through certain key words and speaking style she used, and the guilt trip was HEAVY about how I "should have appreciated his wife" etc. What a f*cking mind warp.

Long story short, narcissism is a deep hole and a huge magnet. Once you've experienced things like these, there are always more to follow, by way of new friends/ family that start to do similar things. So I've really learned how to fight for my own peace and cut the toxicity out.

I do just genuinely feel creeped out by Alice's behavior. It's nothing she can't get help for if she was determined to get right/ seek help, but I don't believe she's gonna be at that point from the looks of things now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
From my understanding, narcissists don't think that they are the problem - it's everyone else. Therefore they don't really want to change or get meaningful therapy. Did Alice say she had been through 4 therapists?

Plus she is middle aged now and set in her ways. I think it is hard for attractive women who relied heavily on their looks to deal with middle age. Their superpower is gone.

As for Ella's comments it looks like a child's way of writing but I imagine Alice coached her on what to say.

As for her threatening to write a tell all book? I think that is her way of scaring Ioan as it would be his worst nightmare. I doubt she will though. It would have to be self-published as it won't be a bestseller imo. :)

I am going to stock up on popcorn for when Ioan gets a girlfriend.

Reactions: 6
From my understanding, narcissists don't think that they are the problem - it's everyone else. Therefore they don't really want to change or get meaningful therapy. Did Alice say she had been through 4 therapists?
yeah, it was a few days after she announced their seperation. in comments under her ginger hair IG post (which she uploaded a few hours before she announced him leaving): went basically like "I already went through 4 therapists and the kids are freaking out". She posted more stuff under this post and on twitter replies in the days after it which the press didnt pick up (e.g. calling Ioan's mum out of the loop and a racist after she claimed that Ioan has no new woman in his life, and saying that it would be terrible for all 4 of them if he would get the kids), but they got deleted and I havent screenshoted them, so you have to take my word for it lol.

I guess the therapy was for how to deal with the love of your life saying that he doesnt love you rather than her own behavior.

I am going to stock up on popcorn for when Ioan gets a girlfriend.
I hope she proves us all wrong and would accept any potential stepmom for her kids, but who am I kidding, it will be a total mess. I almost feel bad for looking forward to this.

I think the Welsh identity thing is pretty mean-spirited of his family though. They could have embraced their daughter-in-law’s interest in Welsh culture - I’m assuming she showed some interest for her heritage to be discussed...at the least, it looks like she was just trying to connect with them over something she thought they had in common.

‘Gogs’ sounds offensive to me - even if it’s merely an abbreviation of the place name, it’s being used in a derogatory manner and, although absolutely not the same thing for a few reasons, I’m reminded of an extremely offensive and derogatory slur for people from Pakistan that is ‘just’ an abbreviation of the place name.

Alice is undoubtedly hard work but in this instance, Ioan’s family sound rude and unwelcoming.

Reactions: 8
I think the Welsh identity thing is pretty mean-spirited of his family though. They could have embraced their daughter-in-law’s interest in Welsh culture - I’m assuming she showed some interest for her heritage to be discussed...at the least, it looks like she was just trying to connect with them over something she thought they had in common.

‘Gogs’ sounds offensive to me - even if it’s merely an abbreviation of the place name, it’s being used in a derogatory manner and, although absolutely not the same thing for a few reasons, I’m reminded of an extremely offensive and derogatory slur for people from Pakistan that is ‘just’ an abbreviation of the place name.

Alice is undoubtedly hard work but in this instance, Ioan’s family sound rude and unwelcoming.
While I agree with you I wonder if the rejection wasn’t really about something else? Such as her age, and leaving her fiancée? Or simply picking up on what many of the rest of us have?

I only became a friend of a full-blooded Welshie when he knew precisely whether my Welsh ancestor came from the north or south. The Welsh refer to each other as 'gogs' - abbreviation of the Welsh for 'north', and 'hwntws' - loosely, 'over there'. It is a very big deal to them and for quite a few, it is a very important part of their identity. How much Welsh/English you speak, for example, can depend on how north or how south you are.
I wouldn't judge the Gruffudd family too harshly for it.
Who knows how the discussions originally happened? If Alice was enthusiastic about having Welsh blood, the Gruffudds asked where from, then scoffed and said "that's not the same thing", well, there are ways of working around that. Maybe Alice wasn't happy being told there's a difference between north and south and took umbrage, so did they and that was that on the matter?

While I agree with you I wonder if the rejection wasn’t really about something else? Such as her age, and leaving her fiancée? Or simply picking up on what many of the rest of us have?
If memory serves, his parents are quite religious. I'd wager such parents would feel concern when their son brings home a girlfriend who he met on the set of a film, who was living with her fiancé. That would raise a red flag. And then, as you say, there are things us observers have noticed which likely, some in his family did as well.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, their contempt is probably for a few reasons - can’t imagine she’s an easy daughter in law to have! That just stood out to me as being petty.

Reactions: 1
Yes I agree, their contempt is probably for a few reasons - can’t imagine she’s an easy daughter in law to have! That just stood out to me as being petty.
Random but my Mamgu was a witch to anyone English, basically would only speak welsh to her son and ignore anyone else in the room

It does sound petty. Or it could be that they just didn't like her, and she has assumed it's because she's not Welsh rather than because they just don't like her! Even if they didn't like her, he has chosen to marry her, and they live in a different country, so it shouldn't make much difference. Its hardly as if she has to sit there every Sunday and be insulted by them. She could avoid them easily. My sil never goes to her in laws. My bil takes the kids to his mums and she comes to her mums with the kids. No big argument they just don't get on. They've been together for over 25 years.

Not sure I agree. I think this could be Alice twisting things again. They would hardly object if she was interested in Welsh culture. I think maybe they were wary of her for other reasons. She's an atheist and they are religious for example. Maybe they noticed how she dominated Ioan and were worried for him.

Example: at their wedding they disinvited some guests as they expected more people to not come. Now that's just rude and I think he was brought up better than that, but with Alice's influence...

Also they would have read interviews with Alice where she came across as a superficial airhead. She said that she would get money off rich men by pretending to need money for the metro and they would give her 50 euros. Then she would skip over the barrier. Etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Ioan’s parents must of thought why is he bringing someone like her home? He had to have been completely sheltered, naieve, and as you said dominated by her. Maybe she’s the reason they moved to America. To get him as far away from family as possible.

Also they would have read interviews with Alice where she came across as a superficial airhead. She said that she would get money off rich men by pretending to need money for the metro and they would give her 50 euros. Then she would skip over the barrier. Etc.
Not just atheist but immoral.

Didn't he take years to propose to her? At that point he must have known her quite well, and if his parents didn't approve then he must have loved her enough to not be concerned of their views.

They got together in 2000/01 (after meeting in 1999, but she said when she first met him she thought he was a twit), they moved properly together in 2003 (she was living for a bit at his and Matthew Rhys' appartment in London before they went to L.A IIRC), and he proposed on NYE of 2005. Wedding only happened nearly two years later, he was very in-demand back then, so probably just too busy, but the proposal definitely didnt drag as long as many believe, which is why her setting an ultimatum - even if she claims it was jokingly and even if it was kinda understandable given the biological clock - should have been a massive red flag for him.

I definitely agree that it's all on him though if he didnt realized sooner (there were many more stories of her that should have raised eyebrows), that's love. I sometimes do wonder if so many people being not very supportive of their relationship (be it fans or family) created an even stronger bond between them, as if you want to show 'em. The past couple of years all the resistence from the fan side at least was pretty much gone...

I sometimes do wonder if so many people being not very supportive of their relationship (be it fans or family) created an even stronger bond between them, as if you want to show 'em. T
This often happens. It's the star crossed lovers syndrome. I would imagine if Ioans parents said something about her not being Welsh, then that would have been the thing they fixated on- that his parents were prejudiced- rather than any other genuine misgivings they had. It's a stupid thing for families to do, and only ever works to push the couple together, and away from the parent/family member who is against the relationship ( see also Prince Harry)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.