Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This often happens. It's the star crossed lovers syndrome. I would imagine if Ioans parents said something about her not being Welsh, then that would have been the thing they fixated on- that his parents were prejudiced- rather than any other genuine misgivings they had. It's a stupid thing for families to do, and only ever works to push the couple together, and away from the parent/family member who is against the relationship ( see also Prince Harry)
Well Ioan's first girlfriend Charlotte was English. I wouldn't assume his parents are racists just because Alice says they are. She says a lot of things that are lies basically. His parents are very religious and very proud of their Welsh heritage. And his mother was nice to fans and would write thank you letters on Ioan's behalf. (I think Ioan has always been scared of fans, yes, he is a bit of a pussy. Also, 2 middle aged Americans showed up at his door once.) In contrast, Alice declared we fans were all jealous of her and got his website shut down, because we wouldn't suck up to her. I think I prefer the parents to her.

BTW the Goonies learnt from the Ioanonline debacle. They spend their lives kissing Alice's ass and now dissing Ioan because she doesn't like him anymore. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I dont think anyone of us thinks they are genuinely racist, more like they werent in favour of her for very obvious reasons, I can definitely believe that this part is not a lie (who can blame them)

On Alice and jealously: Do you remember her writing with her sock puppet accounts on the imdb board that "Why would Alice Evans be jealous of his fans? after all she has Ioan every night inside her!"? Bit of a shame that this dude has no bat tit crazy fans anymore (a part of his fandom was pretty crazy back in the day), the twitter battles with Alice would be epic, lol.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
On Alice and jealously: Do you remember her writing with her sock puppet accounts on the imdb board that "Why would Alice Evans be jealous of his fans? after all she has Ioan every night inside her!"? Bit of a shame that this dude has no bat tit crazy fans anymore (a part of his fandom was pretty crazy back in the day), the twitter battles with Alice would be epic, lol.
Ugh Alice wrote that! She was definitely jealous of Ioan and his fandom - she didn't have one. We learnt that she obsessively scoured the internet for any mentions of herself. Some fans (not me!) took the piss out of her and I remember that she went ballistic when they messed with her Wikipedia. "Alice got Ioan to convert to her religion, Scientology" was one of the one's I remember. I also remember that the IMDB boards was hilarious as you could say anything there, unlike Ioanonline which was strictly moderated. Alice had a sock puppet account called All is Well on IOL and would get into fights with his fans on IMDB, doing her usual tweet and delete MO. But as she didn't know who the anon IMDB or Wikipedia people were, she turned on his website where identities were known. A Mod there made a mild joke about her and AE demanded she be kicked off the site as Alice "knew" she was the one behind the other sites that couldn't be controlled. Then Ioan got involved and called fans "vitriolic" and then he stopped funding or supporting the site and that was the end of it. A lot of fans deserted the fandom. His career also went downhill too but I am not saying it is related. So Alice has a history of creating drama online.

Reactions: 5
Ugh Alice wrote that! She was definitely jealous of Ioan and his fandom - she didn't have one. We learnt that she obsessively scoured the internet for any mentions of herself. Some fans (not me!) took the piss out of her and I remember that she went ballistic when they messed with her Wikipedia. "Alice got Ioan to convert to her religion, Scientology" was one of the one's I remember. I also remember that the IMDB boards was hilarious as you could say anything there, unlike Ioanonline which was strictly moderated. Alice had a sock puppet account called All is Well on IOL and would get into fights with his fans on IMDB, doing her usual tweet and delete MO. But as she didn't know who the anon IMDB or Wikipedia people were, she turned on his website where identities were known. A Mod there made a mild joke about her and AE demanded she be kicked off the site as Alice "knew" she was the one behind the other sites that couldn't be controlled. Then Ioan got involved and called fans "vitriolic" and then he stopped funding or supporting the site and that was the end of it. A lot of fans deserted the fandom. His career also went downhill too but I am not saying it is related. So Alice has a history of creating drama online.
I’m shocked at the utter cluelessness of this man! And I’m not dissing him, I’m just surprised is all. AE seems completely lacking in decorum, class, and common sense. Yet she can use and manipulate like nothing else. Her behavior was/is unbelievably immature.
I honestly do wonder if she was responsible for his career tanking as it did. I absolutely loved him in Hornblower and Forever. All his period drama pieces were very good. What a shame! This whole sordid story is like a soap opera.

Reactions: 4
I’m shocked at the utter cluelessness of this man! And I’m not dissing him, I’m just surprised is all. AE seems completely lacking in decorum, class, and common sense. Yet she can use and manipulate like nothing else. Her behavior was/is unbelievably immature.
I honestly do wonder if she was responsible for his career tanking as it did. I absolutely loved him in Hornblower and Forever. All his period drama pieces were very good. What a shame! This whole sordid story is like a soap opera.
He’s probably gone along for a quiet life or at least until his daughters were older and could understand why he’s left

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He’s probably gone along for a quiet life or at least until his daughters were older and could understand why he’s left

I wouldn't doubt if they start having major issues getting along under Alice's roof when they get well into the teen years and start wanting to date. If she's narcissistic after all, she will be livid and very controlling. Especially because a mother like that only wants certain things for her daughters, and I feel like jealousy will come out again seeing the daughters live differently than her. Alice may even want to live vicariously or not want them to have anything she doesn't have.

Been down that road too 😳, it was a train wreck.

So my point is that they may very well be able to see why he's left at some point in the not so distant future.

Reactions: 6
I wouldn't doubt if they start having major issues getting along under Alice's roof when they get well into the teen years and start wanting to date. If she's narcissistic after all, she will be livid and very controlling. Especially because a mother like that only wants certain things for her daughters, and I feel like jealousy will come out again seeing the daughters live differently than her. Alice may even want to live vicariously or not want them to have anything she doesn't have.

So my point is that they may very well be able to see why he's left at some point in the not so distant future.
Sounds like he has married his mother!

• Haha

Kinda funny that she already laid the foundations for that when she wrote on IG a few months ago that she is scared that Ioan's behavior will negatively impact their daughters' future dating life.

Yes, now she will be very jealous of the daughters, and she already seemed to be going by the "Get a room" video. They get to be with him and she doesn't. I fear they will be used as pawns and possibly weapons in the divorce. Apparently they are going for joint custody but I am not sure how that will work with IG being away working so much. She will also be grilling them for info when they come back from their dad's, wanting to find out if he has someone else. She has already shown she will use her kids to manipulate others in the comments on Kayla's video about her dangerous parking. I almost feel for Ioan but he hasn't always behaved that well himself and always defended AE's bullsh*t. Now he is on the receiving end of it :D

Reactions: 6
Apparently they are going for joint custody but I am not sure how that will work with IG being away working so much.
Alice recently was kinda hinting that she was considering to move away from California. You can't move states without your ex-spouse agreeing if you have joint custody usually. So I wonder if that is still the case? But then again maybe she was just talking out of her arse or she once again showed that she has no clue how divorces work (or it's just some weak threat for him to give her the house)

Ioan's work shouldnt hinder them from having a joint custody, it hardly ever means a 50/50 split, but shared physical custody does mean that if they dont agree it may not align with his work schedule, but then again this wouldnt be in her interest either. And for both physical and legal joint custody lawyers can be used if you really cant communicate.

Alice recently was kinda hinting that she was considering to move away from California. You can't move states without your ex-spouse agreeing if you have joint custody usually. So I wonder if that is still the case? But then again maybe she was just talking out of her arse or she once again showed that she has no clue how divorces work (or it's just some weak threat for him to give her the house)

Ioan's work shouldnt hinder them from having a joint custody, it hardly ever means a 50/50 split, but shared physical custody does mean that if they dont agree it may not align with his work schedule, but then again this wouldnt be in her interest either. And for both physical and legal joint custody lawyers can be used if you really cant communicate.
I saw that too about her considering a move to Austin. I don’t think she’s serious, in fact I get the impression she’s digging in her heels about leaving their home. Being such a narcissist, she’s going to be a nightmare about the divorce in every way she can. I would hate to be Ioan right now. And it’s going to be Hell sharing custody.
Their older daughter is nearing adolescence which will be a parenting trial in the best of situations. I think it will be easier with the little one as she seems laid back and content. That’s only an opinion.

Not sure I should really be saying this of if it’s any importance but I have worked with Ioan in recent years (when he was still married) and he is the biggest flirt. Never saw him cheat but he definitely implied he would like to to one of my friends.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Not too surprised. That he flirts a lot seems to be well known.

Can definitely imagine that he wanted or has cheated on his wife in the past years, especially with the distance in play.

Reactions: 2
@IHateHadargoyle lol, so ultimately - as we all thought here - Ioan can actually get work without the help of the online 'fan group', since they were all claiming he wasn't going to get work without them or Alice ;)

Last edited:
Well, to be fair they knew of this project (that he is shooting in France, that is) and said this stuff in that context ("without somebody strong promoting it it will flop" basically). Still delusional though.

He's away till end of november, heh, will feel almost like vacation to be physically so far away from this mess lol.

Reactions: 1
Not sure I should really be saying this of if it’s any importance but I have worked with Ioan in recent years (when he was still married) and he is the biggest flirt. Never saw him cheat but he definitely implied he would like to to one of my friends.
I don't think he will have too much trouble getting a girlfriend. Alice on the other hand....

As for AE moving to Texas, I can understand why with LA being so expensive. I don't honestly know why either of them are there. They hardly ever get work in LA. IG's A list dream died a long time ago and his work seems to be everywhere except America. It doesn't help that he can't do an American accent. :D

I don't honestly know why either of them are there. They hardly ever get work in LA. IG's A list dream died a long time ago and his work seems to be everywhere except America. It doesn't help that he can't do an American accent. :D
Not to mention that Hollywood isnt what it used to be in general (European based productions are often better received). I dont know, maybe the amount of auditioning makes it worth it, but I have a hard time believing this.

Seems like one of the reasons was that they didnt want to uproot their kids? But even then when the youngest was a baby and the eldest in kindergarten he already hardly got any work in the USA.

Also lol so true on the American Accent: it's one of the reasons why I never watched Fantastic 4.

I don't think he will have too much trouble getting a girlfriend. Alice on the other hand....
I mean she is not unattractive (seems a bit overweight maybe) and she certainly will have appealing personality traits. She had a 20 year relationship and a 8 year relationship before that after all.

and I'm sure plenty of men would believe her that she reacted like this because she was mistreated. Though her chances are certainly decreasing with every post. And if she is going to be primary custodial parent (likely, alone due to his work) it's harder meeting people anyway.

Reactions: 2
@IHateHadargoyle lol, so ultimately - as we all thought here - Ioan can actually get work without the help of the online 'fan group', since they were all claiming he wasn't going to get work without them or Alice ;)
I'm not sure why people like this are 'fans' of him then! Are they saying he is not good enough to get work or to get people to watch him in anything unless they will watch any old tripe as long as he's in it? Surely that says something about their taste? He is an OK actor, but nothing special. I'd say he's more a workhorse type actor, so just needs to make the most of any work he gets to pay the bills. He isn't a box office draw. Hes just in stuff, like most actors, of they're lucky. Why are they wasting so much time on him and getting involved in his marriage.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.