Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure why people like this are 'fans' of him then! Are they saying he is not good enough to get work or to get people to watch him in anything unless they will watch any old tripe as long as he's in it? Surely that says something about their taste? He is an OK actor, but nothing special. I'd say he's more a workhorse type actor, so just needs to make the most of any work he gets to pay the bills. He isn't a box office draw. Hes just in stuff, like most actors, of they're lucky. Why are they wasting so much time on him and getting involved in his marriage.
The crazy “loon”ex fans seem to be weirdly retweeting the announcement of his new project, and following the thread. I don’t get the whole dynamic of this massive train wreck.

Reactions: 3
Also lol so true on the American Accent: it's one of the reasons why I never watched Fantastic 4.

I mean she is not unattractive (seems a bit overweight maybe) and she certainly will have appealing personality traits. She had a 20 year relationship and a 8 year relationship before that after all.

and I'm sure plenty of men would believe her that she reacted like this because she was mistreated. Though her chances are certainly decreasing with every post. And if she is going to be primary custodial parent (likely, alone due to his work) it's harder meeting people anyway.
There were other reasons not to watch Fantastic 4. It was also crap. I think IG did better work when he was based in the UK. The subject matter of Liar put me off but I might check out Forever or Harrow. In this clip they go on about how it's much harder to get work in LA. So what are they doing there? I think IG was waiting for the big break that didn't come and now they have a house and kids it makes it harder to move but the house will have to be sold now.

Alice doesn't look bad for 53 and I don't think she's overweight either. But everyone googles a prospective date and frankly she has a lot of baggage and negative press now that she didn't have before. Plus a lot of men her age want someone younger :( Frankly it's harder for women her age to get dates or acting jobs and her public meltdowns don't help matters.

Reactions: 5
What’s the point of having children”especially ones as hard to come by as theirs were” just to have to leave them all the time? Not that we all don’t make mistakes and have regrets about things we wish we had done differently. Heaven knows I have.

Reactions: 1
What’s the point of having children”especially ones as hard to come by as theirs were” just to have to leave them all the time? Not that we all don’t make mistakes and have regrets about things we wish we had done differently. Heaven knows I have.
Status symbols. I knew one couple that had a child, just because the wife sister had had one.

Reactions: 2
I think it's going in a dangerous direction to question why one has kids. They certainly didnt plan for him to be 9 months of the year away over years. And even if they did kids can perfectly fine grow up even if the father is away much - if you do it right, that is. Kids are a joy, no matter how much you see them.

But yeah, unfortunately many do have them as a status symbol.

Reactions: 1
I don’t believe that’s why they had them. But how can one even know their child when away so much? It seems very sad to me.

Yes if he's away until November after just coming back from Australia he can't have spent any time with them at all! Lots of acting couples take it in turns to work and spend time looking after the children, but I think her giving up her career wasn't entirely her own decision ( despite what she says) and so he has been working full time because she doesn't get the work. If her behaviour documented on here is even half true, I'm not surprised she doesn't get hired. I do feel sorry for her if he's never around, but they know the life of an actor. It's hardly a surprise to her and they live in LA, he isn't a big name and she doesn't work, so I suppose the choice is paying the bills by working away, do something else that he isn't trained for and would pay enough for them to live a similar lifestyle or she gets some work and he works less and is around for the kids more. They are paying for a nanny after all!

Reactions: 4
Yes if he's away until November after just coming back from Australia he can't have spent any time with them at all! Lots of acting couples take it in turns to work and spend time looking after the children, but I think her giving up her career wasn't entirely her own decision ( despite what she says) and so he has been working full time because she doesn't get the work.
With acting you have to take what you can get because you never know when the next job will come. IG was unemployed for over 2 years in LA. And he has a wifestyle and two kids to support.

• Haha
With acting you have to take what you can get because you never know when the next job will come. IG was unemployed for over 2 years in LA. And he has a wifestyle and two kids to support.
ROTFLMFAO! Wifestyle. Honestly if I were a woman I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole (even though I think he’s extremely good looking)with a crazy ex like Malice. Sorry, I couldn’t resist!
Yes, I did read that he didn’t work for quite a while. He should have stayed in the Uk IMO.

• Haha
Wasn't Fantastic Four supposed to be his big break. I thought he was excellent in Liar, haven't seen anything else he has been in other than Hornblower of course. He would certainly now be better off relocating back to the UK or atleast Europe in terms of opportunities.

Imagine complaining about divorce lawyers trying to give parents a equal share of the kids (I fear parental allienation has gone far enough for this to not be only her opinion 😐) or honoring the prenup you've signed.

She's liked a tweet "it's not in their best interest at all" - and then she claims he is abandoning them. This girl...

Last edited:
Wasn't Fantastic Four supposed to be his big break. I thought he was excellent in Liar, haven't seen anything else he has been in other than Hornblower of course. He would certainly now be better off relocating back to the UK or atleast Europe in terms of opportunities.
I feel like he could've (should've?) made a name for himself in the UK/EU before relocating to LA, it would've helped over the years.
I agree - he should see about a few more period pieces, sure it may not be his most-loved genre, but he has the right look for it and people still praise Hornblower. And of course, the home of a good period piece is back in Europe/UK

Imagine complaining about divorce lawyers trying to give parents a equal share of the kids (I fear parental allienation has gone far enough for this to not be only her opinion 😐) or honoring the prenup you've signed.

She's liked a tweet "it's not in their best interest at all" - and then she claims he is abandoning them. This girl...
Does Alice realise people who don't fully support her can see all her social media activity? Are her actions not just entirely playing into Ioan's hands in terms of the courts? She isn't exactly showing herself to be a prime candidate for equal custody. And that the children are seeing all this, how can she not think of them? How must their little hearts be breaking! Her contradictions... 🙈

• Sad
ikr? Also "divorce lawyers support the one with the most money". Eh, what about your own divorce lawyer? Why would he support Ioan? And why should Ioan's lawyers support her?!

It's actually funny: from what I've been told lawyers in California are usually chasing for the income weaker party in a divorce of a marriage that lasted longer than 10 years, because the California law is very kind to those specific (and rare!) cases (virtually alimony for life, etc.). Whether it's due to the prenup she signed or her behavior since he left (it's almost impossible for her to take him to court without losing even more IMO), all what is happening is probably on her. And yes, maybe he could be kinder to her, but why should he after she made this a public event from the start? Her exagerations about having to move into a tent arent helping. She'll get 300k and child/spousal support. she can also work (yes, even when he is also working). But in reality she just wants to maintain her current life without having to work.

ikr? Also "divorce lawyers support the one with the most money". Eh, what about your own divorce lawyer? Why would he support Ioan? And why should Ioan's lawyers support her?!

It's actually funny: from what I've been told lawyers in California are usually chasing for the income weaker party in a divorce of a marriage that lasted longer than 10 years, because the California law is very kind to those specific (and rare!) cases (virtually alimony for life, etc.). Whether it's due to the prenup she signed or her behavior since he left (it's almost impossible for her to take him to court without losing even more IMO), all what is happening is probably on her. And yes, maybe he could be kinder to her, but why should he after she made this a public event from the start? Her exagerations about having to move into a tent arent helping. She'll get 300k and child/spousal support. she can also work (yes, even when he is also working). But in reality she just wants to maintain her current life without having to work.
Why is she still spouting all her divorce negotiations on Twitter? It is ridiculous. She is clearly still trying to get him to come to the house for some reason, and he is refusing to go, even to collect his stuff. That is quite extreme behaviour u less what she does on Twitter is the tip of the iceberg in terms of her behaviour. If she doesn't want it there, give it to welfare or leave it outside or sell it. Why is she so desperate for him to go to the house? And yes, children should be made to spend time with the non resident parent ( barring DV or abuse) Especially when the resident parent seems to be attempting to alienate them.

Reactions: 6
He's got a nice list of really good stuff. 😃
Check out his imdb page:

Somebody talk me down! Alice's goons are talking which means my blood pressure is going up!

He is quite lucky in that he has aged well without having to stay look young. He has a characterful face that translates well throughout the decades. I think the next decade will be his most succesfull
Agreed. It's really annoying and I'm so grateful. 😆😍

Yes to everything.
Last I checked, one tends to hire a lawyer to work in their best interests, not for the other side...
Way back before the split with those posts of "he's home and sleepy BUT HERE'S A PHOTO AND HE'S REFUSING TO SMILE NICELY", I wouldn't have thought that particularly kind to one's spouse who is the breadwinner? And continually?
Given the children are school-age, Alice having a job here and there surely wouldn't be a bad idea. What else is she going to do otherwise, sit at home with nanny waiting for them to come home from school (or their father's home)?

Why is she still spouting all her divorce negotiations on Twitter? It is ridiculous. She is clearly still trying to get him to come to the house for some reason, and he is refusing to go, even to collect his stuff. That is quite extreme behaviour u less what she does on Twitter is the tip of the iceberg in terms of her behaviour. If she doesn't want it there, give it to welfare or leave it outside or sell it. Why is she so desperate for him to go to the house? And yes, children should be made to spend time with the non resident parent ( barring DV or abuse) Especially when the resident parent seems to be attempting to alienate them.
With how she is on the socials, I can't (or is that, I don't want to) imagine how she'd be to deal with in real life. I cringe at the thought.
She's providing the courts with so many red flags as to parental rights post-divorce. Sigh.

Somebody talk me down! Alice's goons are talking which means my blood pressure is going up!

Agreed. It's really annoying and I'm so grateful. 😆😍

What are they saying? :eek:

I third the comment on his aging. Definite fine wine. Get that man into a cravat and waistcoat again, stat :love:

• Heart
"Wifestyle" is hilarious!

Incidentally, I don't think he "just came back from OZ. I deduced that he's been back at least since the legal date of separation Jan 1. I think Alice posted on insta late in winter something like "he's back and he's grumpier than ever". But I'm too lazy to look for it right now...it may have been another return she posted about. 🤷‍♀️

I feel like he could've (should've?) made a name for himself in the UK/EU before relocating to LA, it would've helped over the years.
I agree - he should see about a few more period pieces, sure it may not be his most-loved genre, but he has the right look for it and people still praise Hornblower. And of course, the home of a good period piece is back in Europe/UK

Does Alice realise people who don't fully support her can see all her social media activity? Are her actions not just entirely playing into Ioan's hands in terms of the courts? She isn't exactly showing herself to be a prime candidate for equal custody. And that the children are seeing all this, how can she not think of them? How must their little hearts be breaking! Her contradictions... 🙈
Those poor, poor girls. 😢

The crazy “loon”ex fans seem to be weirdly retweeting the announcement of his new project, and following the thread. I don’t get the whole dynamic of this massive train wreck.
It seems like the goons are staying active tweeting and sharing news about his new project because it makes them feel important, like they are "in the know", and they can pretend to be his fans to get followers then turn them against Ioan.

They're so dumb.

Last edited:
"Wifestyle" is hilarious!

Incidentally, I don't think he "just came back from OZ. I deduced that he's been back at least since the legal date of separation Jan 1. I think Alice posted on insta late in winter something like "he's back and he's grumpier than ever". But I'm too lazy to look for it right now...it may have been another return she posted about. 🤷‍♀️

Those poor, poor girls. 😢
He came back last August from Oz (was there for a few weeks to finish up stuff they couldnt due to Covid breaking out in march), which was indeed the post you are talking about. I'm pretty sure he hasnt worked since then (maybe minor stuff, not every minor work gets announced). So in the past 1.5 years he only worked for like two weeks. I actually recall him saying at some point in 19/20 that he plans to take a longer break after his then latest projects to finally spend more time with family (he called it "re-join", I think, interesting wording). Bit sad how that turned out :/

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.