Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes. 3 more of the same pic just with different face editing that follow.

I still can't figure out what the caption is about.. maybe I'm just thick. I mean, her lip is a slightly different color but it's probably just a result of the probably 5 filters on top of each other.

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 3.28.18 PM.png

Reactions: 2
Yikes. 3 more of the same pic just with different face editing that follow.

I still can't figure out what the caption is about.. maybe I'm just thick. I mean, her lip is a slightly different color but it's probably just a result of the probably 5 filters on top of each other.

View attachment 707129
"Got milk" was an American advertising campaign with celebs with a milk moustache in the pics.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
huh interesting, when she posted this last night (about 2 AM her time) instead of the caption it was a huge write up about how she used to have nice legs and how she is desperate to find a better resolution of this shooting, because it was so amazing and her trying to fix up stuff with Photoshop isnt working on making her head look better (?). Guess she edited it out when she woke up lol.

She has been posting a lot of these photo shootings lately, and also puts herself down on many occasions by pointing out that she used to look great (just to later edit it out again). Feel for her on that one.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just snooped on her recent Instagram pics...am I overworked and snarky for snorting at ‘hard working’ on her daughter’s ode to her mother (which was very sweet). How hard working is a stay at home mum with a nanny? If they don’t have a nanny though, yes, being the sole carer to two children is hard work.

Having said that, I can’t help but feel sorry for her...she’s clearly in a lot of pain and trying to self-validate through social media in a multitude of unhealthy ways.

I recall him saying once that Ella was faking stomaches when he was away because she felt depressed that only her daddy of all the other dads in her class wasnt taking her to school, so she wanted to be at least all the time with her mom then. And whenever he was going away they were told that their dad is doing all this so that they can afford this nice life they have, like the house etc. Now daddy will be both away and they wont have the nice life they once had. This is actually one aspect where emotionally (not rationally) I can understand Alice.
Yeah that's rough. It's a common issue though. I guess one could always change professions. 🤷 I have family that dealt with dad away a lot both with military service and then with his job.

I was a single mom who traveled quit a bit and my kids didn't see their dad too often because of his job. My parents looked after the kids when we had overlapping traveling schedules. I felt bab for my kids. And we got the same kind of comments. "But so-and-so's dad goes to every single game." Or "coaches the team." Or, "comes home every night." It's a problem everywhere for a lot of families. 😟 We just have to try to find balance and try not judge others in how they balance their home/work time.

huh interesting, when she posted this last night (about 2 AM her time) instead of the caption it was a huge write up about how she used to have nice legs and how she is desperate to find a better resolution of this shooting, because it was so amazing and her trying to fix up stuff with Photoshop isnt working on making her head look better (?). Guess she edited it out when she woke up lol.

She has been posting a lot of these photo shootings lately, and also puts herself down on many occasions by pointing out that she used to look great (just to later edit it out again). Feel for her on that one.
Yeah, me too. It sucks when you struggle to "age well" while your partner does it amazingly well. Which IMO he has! Quite well! Wow! Damn men! They usually do it better than us women. My ex did. Dammit! He still has a reat body too. If course then he opens his mouth and is so not attractive at all. 🤢🤮 I totally understand what she's feeling with that one.

I saw that ig post too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yeah that's rough. It's a common issue though. I guess one could always change professions. 🤷 I have family that dealt with dad away a lot both with military service and then with his job.

I was a single mom who traveled quit a bit and my kids didn't see their dad too often because of his job. My parents looked after the kids when we had overlapping traveling schedules. I felt bab for my kids. And we got the same kind of comments. "But so-and-so's dad goes to every single game." Or "coaches the team." Or, "comes home every night." It's a problem everywhere for a lot of families. 😟 We just have to try to find balance and try not judge others in how they balance their home/work time.

Yeah, me too. It sucks when you struggle to "age well" while your partner does it amazingly well. Which IMO he has! Quite well! Wow! Damn men! They usually do it better than us women. My ex did. Dammit! He still has a reat body too. If course then he opens his mouth and is so not attractive at all. 🤢🤮 I totally understand what she's feeling with that one.

I saw that ig post too.
Kids don’t understand that even though so and so’s dad is there all the time it isn’t necessarily a good thing, especially if you have volatile parents

I’m glad you said what you did about us discussing this here, as I have been feeling guilty about it. I don’t usually care one bit about any celebrity ever. But I do really like him and his work and just feel very sad about the whole situation. Initially I felt bad for her ”even though I never really liked her” until I read up on all the drama she stirred up. Especially that last bit which I won’t dare mention for fear of it being picked up.
Again I agree what a shame it is that salt has to be poured into the wounds on Twitter. It’s just not right in any situation. It wouldn’t be right if the shoe was on the other foot.

Children don’t need to have all the trappings of wealth to be happy. What a shame.
For two actors, they live in a very modest home and drive very modest cars (or at least she does, don't know what he drives). I think I read somewhere they both drive priuses. To us they may be wealthy but in Hollywood, they're modest peeps.

Reactions: 3

I get this, and it’s sad. But I wish she had someone to talk sense to her as a friend that really cared. I do think she’s so wound up right now that she needs some therapy and psychology to help her get a handle on it bc right now she doesn’t.

You’re all gonna laugh, but the main think I liked her in was ‘The Christmas Card’, here in the US it’s on at Christmas or used to be. She was really likable in it. Anyways, in the early 2000s she came across really lovely in interviews and probably had a much better outlook at that time. And thus, her personality only made her prettier. So it’s not about going back to the past, although we all try to do it, it’s about rebuilding and growing yourself as a person.
I do definitely wish that for her. That she can come to grips and see that even though Ioan’s chosen to split, it’s never too late to progress herself forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe they were broke from all the expensive IVF treatments? Idk.
For two actors, they live in a very modest home and drive very modest cars (or at least she does, don't know what he drives). I think I read somewhere they both drive priuses. To us they may be wealthy but in Hollywood, they're modest peeps.
I mean for the past 15 years Ioan hasnt really been a big name in the industry, and she isnt working at all. The IVF treatments costed 100 k according to her. He used to have a Jaguar and sold it for a Prius: apparently not for financial reasons, but still. So yeah, they were rich (rich enough to afford a nanny and gardeners or to fly first class), but not very. The fact that the prenup is according to her not survivable does put this in perspective. Probably at the time (when he was on his career peak) 10 % appeared like a lot.

I really dont understand why these people moved to LA back then (yeah, auditions were mostly there, but that's about it, I recall it being for ages the case that it's not seen as the best filming location). I think both of them hardly ever shot anything there the past 18 years they've been there. And except of his cameo in Ava he hasnt shot anything based in the states for the last couple of years or so either!

Just snooped on her recent Instagram pics...am I overworked and snarky for snorting at ‘hard working’ on her daughter’s ode to her mother (which was very sweet). How hard working is a stay at home mum with a nanny? If they don’t have a nanny though, yes, being the sole carer to two children is hard work.

Having said that, I can’t help but feel sorry for her...she’s clearly in a lot of pain and trying to self-validate through social media in a multitude of unhealthy ways.
They have a nanny, yes.

Agree that this is kind of a funny take (which Alice herself admitted). But that's a kid that wants to make her mommy happy. I do think we can give her a pass on that one ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I mean for the past 15 years Ioan hasnt really been a big name in the industry, and she isnt working at all. The IVF treatments costed 100 k according to her. He used to have a Jaguar and sold it for a Prius: apparently not for financial reasons, but still. So yeah, they were rich (rich enough to afford a nanny and gardeners or to fly first class), but not very. The fact that the prenup is according to her not survivable does put this in perspective. Probably at the time (when he was on his career peak) 10 % appeared like a lot.

I really dont understand why these people moved to LA back then (yeah, auditions were mostly there, but that's about it, I recall it being for ages the case that it's not seen as the best filming location). I think both of them hardly ever shot anything there the past 18 years they've been there. And except of his cameo in Ava he hasnt shot anything based in the states for the last couple of years or so either!

They have a nanny, yes.

Agree that this is kind of a funny take (which Alice herself admitted). But that's a kid that wants to make her mommy happy. I do think we can give her a pass on that one ;)
I see people who pursue arts just people who decide to take higher risks than some of us. They move to L.A. for the same reason they move to NYC. They willingly pass on higher priced housing options, have roommates, hunker down on the expenditures, etc. If you are pursuing acting in tv or movies, L.A. is the place to be. (Incidentally, Albuquerque, NM has become a very hot movie-making town.)

As far as Nannies go. I was making only $6k a month and had a part-time Nanny. $6k/month is peanuts in LA.

The film industry has definitely spread out so actually filming something is not always in LA but auditioning and getting to meetings is sure a lot easier living in LA. Once you've hit supernova, you can live anywhere you want an the jobs come to. I have a friend who is in his 50s and just now getting some decent jobs and a comfortable place to live but he's been in LA for 30 years.

I think it's beautiful that they chose a nice but humble home, sold a jag, and made making babies a priority. :)

I know next to nothing about the industry, but it looks to me like ‘making it’ in the US has lots to do with luck and networking (🙄) not just talent.
So for a young couple just starting out & feeling the need to get the kind of jobs that will financially set themselves up, it maybe does make sense to live in LA?

I tend to think most actors wouldn’t come to define their success by their celebrity/financial situation & more by being part of projects that are enjoyable &/or meaningful to them- but the problem is everyone still needs a roof over their head - and I think A really likes the one that’s already over her head.
I wouldn’t want to live in LA but I can see why they would.
Also some people have a thing about not wanting to change too much for their kids when going through a divorce.

I did feel just a little envious when I saw that, (then again it’s not something I’d truly enjoy.)
Another major point is she has actually been really sick with fibromyalgia, and I guess we all have different capacities when we aren’t well.

Ahhh! I meant I wouldn’t truly enjoy having a nanny in my home, I definitely love being a mother 😂

Last edited:
I have to say that however awful she may feel, how sad, how much pain she’s in, how lonely, she was crap to hint at what she hinted at that he did.

I get this, and it’s sad. But I wish she had someone to talk sense to her as a friend that really cared. I do think she’s so wound up right now that she needs some therapy and psychology to help her get a handle on it bc right now she doesn’t.

You’re all gonna laugh, but the main think I liked her in was ‘The Christmas Card’, here in the US it’s on at Christmas or used to be. She was really likable in it. Anyways, in the early 2000s she came across really lovely in interviews and probably had a much better outlook at that time. And thus, her personality only made her prettier. So it’s not about going back to the past, although we all try to do it, it’s about rebuilding and growing yourself as a person.
I do definitely wish that for her. That she can come to grips and see that even though Ioan’s chosen to split, it’s never too late to progress herself forward.
I love this @leigh213
It’s sad that she ties so much of her worth to being younger and married, i don’t know who she was when she was younger and her husband, however amazing she finds him, is pretty boring to me. 😂 *

I used to find her so hilarious, I’m not a celebrity watcher & found her by accident when looking for a different Alice, it’s pretty rare for me to bother following a performer on sm, but she often made me laugh when her red-lipped smile popped up on my feed.
It was sad seeing the slide into negativity, bullying & drama.

So hopeful her bouts of toxic online behaviour are brought to a swift end, for the sake of her family, former victims of abuse (every time false allegations of abusive behaviour are made so publicly, life gets harder for actual abuse victims) and also for her, because it’ll end up costing her more than anyone else.

After so much pain there’ll always be cracks but I hope she fills them with gold and comes out of this like a beautiful Kintsugi vase. I hope all of them do.

Edit : no offence to Ioan superfans! I do agree he is very talented & has shown a great deal of character.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I love this @leigh213
It’s sad that she ties so much of her worth to being younger and married, i don’t know who she was when she was younger and her husband, however amazing she finds him, is pretty boring to me. 😂 *

I used to find her so hilarious, I’m not a celebrity watcher & found her by accident when looking for a different Alice, it’s pretty rare for me to bother following a performer on sm, but she often made me laugh when her red-lipped smile popped up on my feed.
It was sad seeing the slide into negativity, bullying & drama.

So hopeful her bouts of toxic online behaviour are brought to a swift end, for the sake of her family, former victims of abuse (every time false allegations of abusive behaviour are made so publicly, life gets harder for actual abuse victims) and also for her, because it’ll end up costing her more than anyone else.

After so much pain there’ll always be cracks but I hope she fills them with gold and comes out of this like a beautiful Kintsugi vase. I hope all of them do.

Edit : no offence to Ioan superfans! I do agree he is very talented & has shown a great deal of character.

Aw thank you so much.

And very well said!! I'm trying to remind myself that toxic behavior often has no direct intention behind it, as in, people setting out to be controlling or troublesome.. etc out of just wanting to do it to be mean or evil, but because of their own upbringing and trauma. That it's all just a response, and cries for help in different ways even though we feel like people are hateful just to be hateful.

I went through a sudden divorce nearly 2 years ago, and it sent me spiraling into all sorts of issues with myself, and wanting to go back to wayyy before and start over etc etc. So I would be an insane hypocrite if I didn't acknowledge what she's going through as very human. But the rampages on twitter, getting embroiled in matters that didn't need to be issues, and especially that reaction to hitting someone else's car are worrying the most. I always get really nervous when someone loses their head in space and flies off the handle at others and can't take responsibility. The more dramatic they act, the more there's definitely mental issues that need to be dealt with IMO.

My main hope is that she'll figure it out before the girls get much older so they won't remember a huge segment of their life being bogged down by all this; it really does affect us as we grow up, what happens with our parent/ parents.

• Heart
I recall him saying once that Ella was faking stomaches when he was away because she felt depressed that only her daddy of all the other dads in her class wasnt taking her to school, so she wanted to be at least all the time with her mom then. And whenever he was going away they were told that their dad is doing all this so that they can afford this nice life they have, like the house etc. Now daddy will be both away and they wont have the nice life they once had. This is actually one aspect where emotionally (not rationally) I can understand Alice.
It's heartbreaking to hear how Ioan's "fans" have turned on him like this.

I've long found it deeply disturbing that so many will automatically believe anything they see on social media without stopping for even a second to question it or think critically. Terrifying!
I think they have become rubberneckers on this, involving themselves in someone else's marriage. They are made to feel like Alice's only friends when they haven't even met her, just follow a celeb on Twitter. They get information from Alice about Ioan but he doesn't give them information because he is trying to separate his work and his private life. When you look on the Tom Hiddleston and other fan threads fans are always trying to find out about actors private lives ( otherwise none of us would be gossiping on here) and it is up to the celeb to keep as private as they want to. Alice tells them everything about him. It would be like Benedict Cumberbatchs wife taking photos of him sleeping. They would love her!

• Sad
  • Haha
I think they have become rubberneckers on this, involving themselves in someone else's marriage. They are made to feel like Alice's only friends when they haven't even met her, just follow a celeb on Twitter. They get information from Alice about Ioan but he doesn't give them information because he is trying to separate his work and his private life. When you look on the Tom Hiddleston and other fan threads fans are always trying to find out about actors private lives ( otherwise none of us would be gossiping on here) and it is up to the celeb to keep as private as they want to. Alice tells them everything about him. It would be like Benedict Cumberbatchs wife taking photos of him sleeping. They would love her!

I think it's exactly this! On IG ( main place I'm even at) it's cringe because it's clear both parties get things out of it. The fans get responses from Alice after sympathizing and telling her he's an Ahole and that she's the best and get to get their thrills, and Alice gets the esteem of having supporters, allies, friends backing her on all that she professes him to have done wrong.

• Sad
Hello! I stumbled over Ioan back when Hornblower first aired, kept an eye on IoanOnline (who didn't in those days?) and then forgot about him a bit, especially as Alice seemed - I can't quite put my finger on it - but there was just something that didn't sit right for me. Then when the news broke about the divorce I looked at the social medias, revisited old interviews and the like from the last how many years, and was more than a little horrified. I saw this thread pop up the other day and have read through everything!

Thank you to @welp for all the receipts, what an amazing job you've done!

Ioan, I get the feeling he hasn't been happy in a while (and I feel there was some point that was the straw which broke the camel's back) and given he's on record ages ago for panic attacks and the like, the stress of all of this must be...
Alice needs some help. Relying on fans online for support isn't healthy. It also isn't healthy to be leaning on alcohol(?) and to be treating your little children as if they were adults. Also not relying on fans online openly when at least one of your children has access to social media and can see everything you're writing - that's just poor form.
And the poor children! What an awful situation for them to be stuck in.

Glad to be here!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is her brother her full brother? As in they share a mum and dad, because if he is then it's interesting that the father went to the brother's wedding and not her's. Also that she had to pass messages through him to the father. Demonstrates that maybe dad doesn't have a problem with his first family, just maybe her. Her use of "tell me what I've done wrong," also sets me on edge because it can be so nuanced that just explaining it can make it sound like it was nothing, and make you question yourself.

I want to reiterate I'm just going by what my ex did, but video calls can be extremely horrible and anxiety inducing especially if you're already prone to anxiety. It's like they can go round and round in circles, and there is no escape really because then you're guilted for not wanting to talk to them, and not loving and caring enough. I learnt to just quiet and not interact too much because if I did it would blow up. Could be why he seemed disinterested in calls?

With regards to children, I don't want to upset anyone, but I don't believe the child did that. It smells like a tactic to make the youtuber look bad, like hey you upset a child, you're so bad. It was just what Alice did in the video when she shouted about having her sick child. Almost like they're to blame for upsetting the poor child because she is the vulnerable one, but you're the one causing the trouble. You can't get sympathy, but the child can thereby absolving you in the process.

Again, I am very tainted with my previous experiences, but she does remind me of my ex. I was lucky I had no child by him because I could just cleanly cut away from him.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.