Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there anything out there about this childhood bullying or her rift with her father? The only thing I could find was that he pulled out of giving her away t her wedding and his second wife didn't like his first family, a sadly common event. That was from her own Twitter. I couldn't find anything about childhood bullying. However, Google did note that some results were removed.

Reactions: 1
I feel as though the things I saw on Instagram were designed to embarrass him and I’m not going to do her filthy work by repeating them. They’re deleted now anyway.

She insinuated a personal experience of his and exposed a personal vulnerability.
Nothing bad he had done, just private things that a wife safeguards.

Yeah, saw those comments too. Hated them as well, although I don’t consider them as offensive, just rude & inappropriate.

The Twitter comment that made me furious was the one you mentioned.

That was truly vile. ( & also weird…She doesn’t consider him a man unless he obeys her? Interesting definition 🙃)
The pussy comment refered to him not wanting her to use twitter to comment on politically difficult matters (so she thinks him not voicing any of his opinions on twitter means he is a p**y, lol). Alice went completely overboard with this at the time: She was attacking Bernie Sanders supporters, then called everyone who isnt voting Biden complicit. supported Laurence Fox over some of his dumb comments, attacked Meghan Markle for not speaking up on some racial issue, but then attacked Leonard Franklin and Lesley-Ann Brandt (Mazikeen from Lucifer) after they demanded Joe Biden to speak up on something related to that. this felt the worse of all to me because everyone then connected all dots to her previous incidents that year and started to openly attack Ioan as well, I certainly remember at least Brandt liking tweets where people asked him to take actions against his wife or questioning how he can be married to somebody like this, which does get into a dangerous direction if people from the industry appear to think like this.

This is why I'm not sure that he was that upset about her posting pictures of him, but more about this.

*I may mix up or misremember some stuff, because there was SO MUCH.

Is there anything out there about this childhood bullying or her rift with her father? The only thing I could find was that he pulled out of giving her away t her wedding and his second wife didn't like his first family, a sadly common event. That was from her own Twitter. I couldn't find anything about childhood bullying. However, Google did note that some results were removed.
She mentioned it various times, here a example (just search on twitter from:aliceevansgruff bullied and you will find more)

also it happened to her eldest too apparently

As for her dad, also all on her twitter, mentioned it many times (those are just some examples). Basically she says that the step mom just made him cut off contact from his kids, but it doesnt feel like the full story

she keeps talking about how he abandoned all his three kids but if you dig her tweets it seems like he only really cut off her

here she is asking her brother to redirect something to their dad for example

also this

She also keeps claiming that he never met her kids,like here

well, apparently not

(also note how Ella was born in 2009, her and Ioan's wedding was in 2007, and "two years after mom died" was 2001)

So yeah, really, I really really want to believe her a lot of stuff, but just like with her divorce she has huge issues to keep the story straight, which makes me question here everything.

This story is exactly why I fear that Ioan will have a hard time to maintain a healthy relationship with his kids, especially as soon as he has a girlfriend.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
@welp bringing the receipts again!!! Love it!

Yeah, I think the same about Ioan's relationship with his girls. Maybe he'll keep his future relationships private (but again depends who he meets) just based on what he has went through.

Reactions: 5
Says her dad was "pussy whipped" by the new wife. But also calls Ioan as pussy. She sounds very overbearing and argumentative, and self obsessed at the best of times.

Reactions: 9
The pussy comment refered to him not wanting her to use twitter to comment on politically difficult matters (so she thinks him not voicing any of his opinions on twitter means he is a p**y, lol). Alice went completely overboard with this at the time: She was attacking Bernie Sanders supporters, then called everyone who isnt voting Biden complicit. supported Laurence Fox over some of his dumb comments, attacked Meghan Markle for not speaking up on some racial issue, but then attacked Leonard Franklin and Lesley-Ann Brandt (Mazikeen from Lucifer) after they demanded Joe Biden to speak up on something related to that. this felt the worse of all to me because everyone then connected all dots to her previous incidents that year and started to openly attack Ioan as well, I certainly remember at least Brandt liking tweets where people asked him to take actions against his wife or questioning how he can be married to somebody like this, which does get into a dangerous direction if people from the industry appear to think like this.

This is why I'm not sure that he was that upset about her posting pictures of him, but more about this.

*I may mix up or misremember some stuff, because there was SO MUCH.

She mentioned it various times, here a example (just search on twitter from:aliceevansgruff bullied and you will find more)

also it happened to her eldest too apparently

As for her dad, also all on her twitter, mentioned it many times (those are just some examples). Basically she says that the step mom just made him cut off contact from his kids, but it doesnt feel like the full story

she keeps talking about how he abandoned all his three kids but if you dig her tweets it seems like he only really cut off her

here she is asking her brother to redirect something to their dad for example

also this

She also keeps claiming that he never met her kids,like here

well, apparently not

(also note how Ella was born in 2009, her and Ioan's wedding was in 2007, and "two years after mom died" was 2001)

So yeah, really, I really really want to believe her a lot of stuff, but just like with her divorce she has huge issues to keep the story straight, which makes me question here everything.

This story is exactly why I fear that Ioan will have a hard time to maintain a healthy relationship with his kids, especially as soon as he has a girlfriend.
I’m completely gobsmacked by all this! And yes, thank you Welp for the info. I feel completely awful for Ioan and his girls and I can’t help it. No one is completely innocent and he I’m sure has his faults but clearly nothing like AE. I’m desperately curious to know what made her the way she is. And I’ll just bet she wasn’t innocent in the principal incident.
To me Ioan is a saint for putting up with that as long as he did. And I wouldn’t hold out hope for a good relationship with his daughters. That will be like constantly going up a down escalator. :cry:

Wtaf. She is a very dangerous woman. Ioan must rue the day 😬😬😬
I've been following her drama in utter disbelief, wondering what on earth makes her think acting like this will work for her and her poor, poor daughters. It's scary anyone supports her but whenever she posts you get a small army of women cheering her on.

Obviously we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I will not suggest either party are totally innocent or totally guilty. But goodness, Alice, learn the meaning of the word decorum if only for the sake of your daughters.

It always blows my mind when people act like Alice has been because they can't bear to be "silenced"...there is a huge difference between taking the high road for the sake of a positive outcome down the line and being literally denied the right to speak. It really pisses me off that people can't seem to differentiate between the two.

I just hope that ultimately whatever happens is in the best interest of the minor children who depend on mum and dad to at the very least be mature, civilised adults who put the children's needs first.

Ioan is leading by example by keeping quiet because whatever the truth, Alice is just making herself look more and more unhinged and making things very easy for him as she does so.

Reactions: 7
Wow. I'd love to know what the other side in all those incidents is, and her father/stepmother story. Maybe they cut her off for a Reason. She certainly sounds like she would be hard work for a step parent.

Reactions: 9
Wow. I'd love to know what the other side in all those incidents is, and her father/stepmother story. Maybe they cut her off for a Reason. She certainly sounds like she would be hard work for a step parent.
I’ll just bet she was utterly hateful to the stepmother for taking the “place”of her mother. And wanted her father’s attention all to herself. I’m speculating here but that would make the most sense. She doesn’t seem to enjoy sharing with anyone.

Reactions: 2
@welp you’re so well informed. I didn’t see all that. Sad.

I think it was Maya Angelou who said, when people show you who they are, believe them.
I agree with this. Words can be persuasive but a person’s consistent actions over many years says so much more.

Ioan has had a long public life. I’m going to believe in the honourable character I’ve always observed unless concrete evidence of grievous wrongdoing presents itself.

Alice has had a long public life. I’m going to believe that she is unstable & can’t always be trusted until concrete evidence of improved health and conduct emerges. *

It has been very distressing & triggering (for me) to see a victim of abuse re-imagined as an abuser without a shred of evidence. It is grossly unjust, and I can see I’m not the only one to have been angered by it.

Anyway. I wish every blessing on all their heads. Life can be so tough for anyone & everyone but goodness will always shine through, there is always hope. ♥

EDIT *(I’m not saying professionals and loved ones should ignore what she has to say, rather that, in my opinion the general public should.)

Last edited:
@welp you’re so well informed. I didn’t see all that. Sad.

I think it was Maya Angelou who said, when people show you who they are, believe them.
I agree with this. Words can be persuasive but a person’s consistent actions over many years says so much more.

Ioan has had a long public life. I’m going to believe in the honourable character I’ve always observed unless concrete evidence of grievous wrongdoing presents itself.

Alice has had a long public life. I’m going to believe that she is unstable & can’t always be trusted until concrete evidence of improved health and conduct emerges.

It has been very distressing & triggering (for me) to see a victim of abuse re-imagined as an abuser without a shred of evidence. It is grossly unjust, and I can see I’m not the only one to have been angered by it.

Anyway. I wish every blessing on all their heads. Life can be so tough for anyone & everyone but goodness will always shine through, there is always hope. ♥
Well said! I’m suffering through the same triggering. And how true that statement by Maya Angelou is.
Yes, life is definitely a challenge, particularly now. People should try and draw closer, supporting one another instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The p**sy one was that July incident I mentioned from last year, obviously the boat started sailing at that point. The wishing that he never stopped drinking was a post-divorce-filing comment under an old post (and it's still there, she actually deleted the other comments she made that day)

Generally speaking she probably dragged throughout their relationship too much stuff on Social Media. The stuff about her posting pictures or videos of him that he doesnt want to....I do think that's not okay, and if roles were reversed people wouldnt find it funny, but he himself has joked about this in interviews, even about putting make up on to look good in case she secretely films him, so I'm not 100 % sure that this is such an giant issue. There are couples who do like this kind of game. I guess you will need his side of the story to really know if something like this really contributed to their break up or not, but I think it's unlikely that we'll ever get it because he knows that she will probably go crazy about the ever tiniest comment he would make.

Although I continue to be amazed that she dared to post a picture of him sleeping in november, admitting that he wont like this...this was already at a time after he told her that he no longer loves her (and presumably he gave it one last shot): I somewhat get doing this when you feel safe and happy in your relationship, but not if you are meant to fight for your relationship?

Now thinking about it the relationship-related stuff that always striked me odd were her open complains about him being grumpy (this also had a joking undertone for years, so I didnt took it too serious at the time), or her mentioning that he is bored off when he is face timing with her or the kids while shooting abroad. Or her mentioning what sort of fight they had today. Maybe she didnt had malicious intentions, she clearly loved him, but damn, I would hate it if my partner would say this stuff about me to strangers.

I guess seeing how Alice otherwise acts on Social Media whatever she wrote about her husband didnt striked me as this terrible (at the time), because it was among the nicest things she said/did on Social Media still (lol!). Obviously now that he is on her bad side this has changed too :p
I have lost count of how many times she posted photos of him sleeping on insta and twitter. They're all sweet and of course he looks GREAT in all of them but dang! So invasive. I'd be so angry if my SO did that.

Well said! I’m suffering through the same triggering. And how true that statement by Maya Angelou is.
Yes, life is definitely a challenge, particularly now. People should try and draw closer, supporting one another instead.
Maya was so very wise. I have found that to be true. There's a saying that's been around for quite some time: "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". In my experience, it has proven true.

@welp bringing the receipts again!!! Love it!

Yeah, I think the same about Ioan's relationship with his girls. Maybe he'll keep his future relationships private (but again depends who he meets) just based on what he has went through.
The Goons say that Ioan hates social media and certainly, if he didn't already, I'm sure he does now! I wouldn't blame him if he never made his SM accts public again. And for him to ever be friendly with a fan again? I wouldn't blame him if he stays completely private. The Goons are being completely evil and horribly disloyal. They accuse Ioan of being disloyal to Alice but they are being disloyal to him. They are behaving exactly as they accuse Ioan of behaving.

I ran across a comment here about one of the goons posting on SM about burning pictures of him? Win in the world? I think I saw something on twitter about what to do with all the Ioan stuff one woman had and wondering what to do about it. Would you mind pointing us to that here? I'm wondering if it's who I suspect it is.

Has anyone seen this video? At about 5:07 he explains a time, while filming Harrow in Brisbane, when he ended up needing paramedics. The video was posted in Jan 2019 so probably filming the first season of Harrow. He said he was on facetime with Alice at the time and I immediately thought damn, he probably had a panic/anxiety attack! He said he was uncontrollably crying and was worried about a heart attack. He also had been out the night before so maybe it was a bad hangover. It very well may be that he called Alice when he began to feel bad. I hate to assume but I wouldn't be surprised at all after hearing what we have heard from Alice on sm. The way he describes it, it sure sounds like and anxiety attack to me. And I know there are several things they can be caused by. Again, just a thought.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I have lost count of how many times she posted photos of him sleeping on insta and twitter. They're all sweet and of course he looks GREAT in all of them but dang! So invasive. I'd be so angry if my SO did that.

Maya was so very wise. I have found that to be true. There's a saying that's been around for quite some time: "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". In my experience, it has proven true.

The Goons say that Ioan hates social media and certainly, if he didn't already, I'm sure he does now! I wouldn't blame him if he never made his SM accts public again. And for him to ever be friendly with a fan again? I wouldn't blame him if he stays completely private. The Goons are being completely evil and horribly disloyal. They accuse Ioan of being disloyal to Alice but they are being disloyal to him. They are behaving exactly as they accuse Ioan of behaving.

I ran across a comment here about one of the goons posting on SM about burning pictures of him? Win in the world? I think I saw something on twitter about what to do with all the Ioan stuff one woman had and wondering what to do about it. Would you mind pointing us to that here? I'm wondering if it's who I suspect it is.

Has anyone seen this video? At about 5:07 he explains a time, while filming Harrow in Brisbane, when he ended up needing paramedics. The video was posted in Jan 2019 so probably filming the first season of Harrow. He said he was on facetime with Alice at the time and I immediately thought damn, he probably had a panic/anxiety attack! He said he was uncontrollably crying and was worried about a heart attack. He also had been out the night before so maybe it was a bad hangover. It very well may be that he called Alice when he began to feel bad. I hate to assume but I wouldn't be surprised at all after hearing what we have heard from Alice on sm. The way he describes it, it sure sounds like and anxiety attack to me. And I know there are several things they can be caused by. Again, just a thought.

I haven’t seen the goon’s social media post but I can almost guarantee that Ioan was suffering from a panic attack. It’s a truly horrible and frightening thing to experience and you feel as if you’re going to die. How very alone and scared he must have felt and I hope she wasn’t the trigger for it and that she was sympathetic and kind. But I kind of doubt that she was understanding about it based on her behaviors. Panic attacks are brought on by extreme anxiety.
Alice and her goons are only making me feel more sympathetic to him. I’m surprised that someone with her intelligence would behave that way. 😢

It's heartbreaking to hear how Ioan's "fans" have turned on him like this.

I've long found it deeply disturbing that so many will automatically believe anything they see on social media without stopping for even a second to question it or think critically. Terrifying!

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I haven’t seen the goon’s social media post but I can almost guarantee that Ioan was suffering from a panic attack. It’s a truly horrible and frightening thing to experience and you feel as if you’re going to die. How very alone and scared he must have felt and I hope she wasn’t the trigger for it and that she was sympathetic and kind. But I kind of doubt that she was understanding about it based on her behaviors. Panic attacks are brought on by extreme anxiety.
Alice and her goons are only making me feel more sympathetic to him. I’m surprised that someone with her intelligence would behave that way. 😢
I believe this interview was early 2018 (was just uploaded on youtube later) and this incident where he needed medical help was at the end of 2017 (that's when the Ashes are). Wouldnt read too much into it though, I too find a lot of stuff about Alice questionable but it's not very fair to speculate without much evidence to support it IMO (the only thing I could think of is that it was a bit after Alice came out about Weinstein, which he didnt want to, because he was scared): it's more likely that he genuinely had a medical problem (not unusual at that age and in the heat) and that she was terribly worried being on the other side of the world and unable to do anything (IIRC she mentioned that she asked her best friends in Sydney to check on him after this).

As for those fans: I actually feel a tad uncomfortable talking this much about them, they dont deserve this much attention (lol). And I wouldnt really care if they just personally turned against him (that's their good right), it just annoys me how they practically try to control everyones opinion with the jail out card "we know the truth, you dont" to then proceed to put everyone in their usual condescending tone down: no honey, what you know is Alice's truth. And even if Alice wasnt historically unreliable you just dont believe one party in any divorce because they will always say the worst about their spouse and hardly give a objective viewpoint on how their marriage was.

• Haha
Well, I’m guessing some of you haven’t experienced a QLD summer because dehydration/heatstroke will absolutely get you if the crocodiles don’t. 😉
Definitely sounds like heatstroke exacerbated by drinking.
@welp Yes! I agree about those quirky Twitter fans. 😂

I believe this interview was early 2018 (was just uploaded on youtube later) and this incident where he needed medical help was at the end of 2017 (that's when the Ashes are). Wouldnt read too much into it though, I too find a lot of stuff about Alice questionable but it's not very fair to speculate without much evidence to support it IMO (the only thing I could think of is that it was a bit after Alice came out about Weinstein, which he didnt want to, because he was scared): it's more likely that he genuinely had a medical problem (not unusual at that age and in the heat) and that she was terribly worried being on the other side of the world and unable to do anything (IIRC she mentioned that she asked her best friends in Sydney to check on him after this).

As for those fans: I actually feel a tad uncomfortable talking this much about them, they dont deserve this much attention (lol). And I wouldnt really care if they just personally turned against him (that's their good right), it just annoys me how they practically try to control everyones opinion with the jail out card "we know the truth, you dont" to then proceed to put everyone in their usual condescending tone down: no honey, what you know is Alice's truth. And even if Alice wasnt historically unreliable you just dont believe one party in any divorce because they will always say the worst about their spouse and hardly give a objective viewpoint on how their marriage was.
You're right. Found it on the radio station's fb page. March 1018.

Some memes to help us TRY to be objective. 😉

I would agree about the heat had I not read this a while back. https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a19951704/ioan-gruffudd/
Wow. I haven't seen that. It's good that he can talk about it.

I'm sure the heat didn't help but maybe the fact that he was going to have to be away from his family for long periods of time, and maybe feeling guilty for it, with children who were probably very sad and with maybe an unhappy wife, being tired and drinking the night before...his body was trying to tell him something. Wow, that was a long sentence. Sorry. I'm sleep deprived myself and had a little mini anxiety attack I had to nip in the bud about an hour ago.

I just can't stop feeling bad for both of them. Breakups are sad. Why do I care about these people I don't know? It's OK to have compassion for people you don't know.

There are so many horrible things going on in the world right now. Some things we can help with or participate in to make things better. Some we can't.

As far as tragedy, I'm sure people may be critical of us spending time discussing all this while there are more serious things happening. But if you've lived through either of these experiences, Ioan's or Alice's, you know how traumatic it is. And to the person going thru it, it IS serious, and life altering.

It's heartbreaking to hear how Ioan's "fans" have turned on him like this.

I've long found it deeply disturbing that so many will automatically believe anything they see on social media without stopping for even a second to question it or think critically. Terrifying!
Yeah. I'm really mad at the two main goons. They are trashing him on Twitter and it's just MEAN! Mean, mean women!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm sure the heat didn't help but maybe the fact that he was going to have to be away from his family for long periods of time, and maybe feeling guilty for it, with children who were probably very sad and with maybe an unhappy wife, being tired and drinking the night before...
I recall him saying once that Ella was faking stomaches when he was away because she felt depressed that only her daddy of all the other dads in her class wasnt taking her to school, so she wanted to be at least all the time with her mom then. And whenever he was going away they were told that their dad is doing all this so that they can afford this nice life they have, like the house etc. Now daddy will be both away and they wont have the nice life they once had. This is actually one aspect where emotionally (not rationally) I can understand Alice.

• Sad
@welp Thank you for the receipts. There’s so much I didn’t know. The parking video was shocking. I feel for Ioan and Alice’s children in all this.

You're right. Found it on the radio station's fb page. March 1018.

Some memes to help us TRY to be objective. 😉

Wow. I haven't seen that. It's good that he can talk about it.

I'm sure the heat didn't help but maybe the fact that he was going to have to be away from his family for long periods of time, and maybe feeling guilty for it, with children who were probably very sad and with maybe an unhappy wife, being tired and drinking the night before...his body was trying to tell him something. Wow, that was a long sentence. Sorry. I'm sleep deprived myself and had a little mini anxiety attack I had to nip in the bud about an hour ago.

I just can't stop feeling bad for both of them. Breakups are sad. Why do I care about these people I don't know? It's OK to have compassion for people you don't know.

There are so many horrible things going on in the world right now. Some things we can help with or participate in to make things better. Some we can't.

As far as tragedy, I'm sure people may be critical of us spending time discussing all this while there are more serious things happening. But if you've lived through either of these experiences, Ioan's or Alice's, you know how traumatic it is. And to the person going thru it, it IS serious, and life altering.

Yeah. I'm really mad at the two main goons. They are trashing him on Twitter and it's just MEAN! Mean, mean women!
I’m glad you said what you did about us discussing this here, as I have been feeling guilty about it. I don’t usually care one bit about any celebrity ever. But I do really like him and his work and just feel very sad about the whole situation. Initially I felt bad for her ”even though I never really liked her” until I read up on all the drama she stirred up. Especially that last bit which I won’t dare mention for fear of it being picked up.
Again I agree what a shame it is that salt has to be poured into the wounds on Twitter. It’s just not right in any situation. It wouldn’t be right if the shoe was on the other foot.

I recall him saying once that Ella was faking stomaches when he was away because she felt depressed that only her daddy of all the other dads in her class wasnt taking her to school, so she wanted to be at least all the time with her mom then. And whenever he was going away they were told that their dad is doing all this so that they can afford this nice life they have, like the house etc. Now daddy will be both away and they wont have the nice life they once had. This is actually one aspect where emotionally (not rationally) I can understand Alice.
Children don’t need to have all the trappings of wealth to be happy. What a shame.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.