Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Pixie06
Yeah it was the car park incident, I've attached the link I remember reading about this.
https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00148634.html

The YouTuber she hit also has a video up about it and IMO you can see who the level headed person was in that situation:

Here's the full video of her reaction. Clearly if she acts like this when she was clearly at fault with hitting a parked car then how is she to deal with in private. The fact that the YouTuber has her on camera driving off is the huge red flag. You are meant to exchange information after hitting a car.
Read the comment section. Her eldest daughter replied to this. So much for her kids not reading anything about her or Ioan on the internet :/

Screenshot-20210807-205210-You-Tube.jpg

But yeah, Alice was involved in SO MUCH stuff last year (also on twitter, as mentioned), I somehow doubt that the break up is a total coincidence. At some point it breaks the camels back.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Wow getting her child to fight her battles for her! Sorry but Ella needs to learn that if her mum does something wrong, then the other person has a right to go to the police about it. Getting a birthday present for her friend is not an excuse. Nor is it an excuse that her mothers father left home what, 40 + years ago? Alice should be supervising her childs internet use and not allowing her to get imvolved in public spats with people.

Reactions: 13
Methinks AE wrote that herself, not her kid...
That would be even worse if she drags her child into it herself! But would be very in-character.

I've seen some tiktok stuff from Ella, it fits her writing style, and it's not Alice's at all, but who knows.

Reactions: 6
WTAF? Bringing her child into it for heavens sake! Obviously the child wasn’t that sick if she was ever sick at all. And all of us have been bullied as children and we don’t expect a get out of jail free card! I don’t know about the disowning of her by her father, but whatever happened is not the responsibility of that little girl for cripes sake.
I can’t believe Ioan stayed with her as long as he did. Both children are probably going to need intensive therapy, particularly the older daughter. SMH.

@welp

Oh my days, I didn't even see that 🤯😲

That is shocking. Don't know about most parents, but my own Sister monitors her kids devices. That's just shocking and sad. An apology is not required and I hope she grows up understanding how the world actually works and not from the viewpoint of her own Mother.

I truly hope both kids (and Ioan) come out of this divorce unscathed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd die to know how the convos between him and his kids are in light of the divorce, if there are any. given that she was the primary caretaker and given that she has done most of the parenting (you can kinda see her influence on that comment IMO) I'm not too optimistic.

I just remembered this from december 2018: this apparently was some kind of Xmas present from Ella to her mom (you can read the whole story in the comment). She talks about how her mom had a terrible past and she wants nothing of this ever to happen to them.

She probably is scared that she cant keep her promise, but she probably doesnt realize that this whole banging about child abondment might end up being one huge self-fulfilling prophecy.

Reactions: 8
Did anyone else see AE’s tweet about donating a kidney, rather asking someone if they have ever donated a kidney would they DM her as she wanted to ask them some questions about it. I wonder what that’s about?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I am deeply, deeply uncomfortable talking about a child on here. I understand that there’s the best motives of bringing balance to a public story (that should have been private) but E has a right to privacy.

As for my take, all I’m going to say is that I think the world of her for what she has written.

This little girl shows remarkable emotional intelligence. She is seeing who Alice was created to be - the hidden person of her heart- and she is calling it out and speaking it over her like a blessing.

I think the car incident is horrifying yes, but E has a point. It’s posted there so people can gawk at an unwell woman cruelly. That woman is E’s mother.
How would we feel? If Alice is encouraging her kids to fight for her I wouldn’t be surprised & I would be infuriated but I feel like we have to be careful not to crush a child’s loving effort at the same time.

I feel like the strong people in her life will be able to encourage this beautiful quality in E while reminding her that she isn’t responsible to heal her mum, & that only Alice can take the steps required. Sadly sometimes people hit rock bottom before they are able to.

E can only love Alice through the hard times and forgive her when things are sour.
It’ll be establishing her own boundaries and UPHOLDING them over the years that could prove tricky (especially if Alice tries to define love as unconditional acceptance of anything she does) but E seems very intelligent, I think she will work it all out.

All children should be treasured and protected, I really, really don’t like her being discussed on here. I hope we can all delete our posts once the point is made.

The "I think I don't love you anymore" happened somewhere between their anniversary (14th september) and the tweet she sent about it on september 29th because she claimed it was not too long after their anniversary in an IG post later. He came back around mid-August? So not quite. Though her friends say that he has been acting bad ever since then.

To me it has all the hallmarks of him having a bad time in lockdown but trying to not show it - and thanks to going for a few weeks away from her he probably reflected on everything and made his decision (whether the deal was sweetened with a third party or not). I actually can't really think of a scenario where she wouldnt accuse him of acting badly. She claims it came out of the blue (yet he walked out months later), but if he had tried already much earlier to show signs of unhappiness she would claim that it's cruel to drag it so long (which she somehow still did).

And yes, I realize that part of Alice's reasoning was that just few weeks before this he was planning their first ever (?) Christmas in the Snow with the kids (sad), but this is unfortunately very normal, and probably was part of his own denial stage.
Yes! We and our local community have been in lockdown for six weeks with more to come - lockdown definitely amplifies everything at home.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder but it also brings clarity & perspective.

I can see how plunging back to total immersion in the life you’re questioning would be intense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Emalie, I definitely see your point and agree with protecting children. However, given the nature of this thread and the fact that these children seem to be given no privacy and no protection either considering they’re allowed to be online pretty much unsupervised, that I’m not sure we should discuss anything at all in fear of the children seeing it. Because that would be far far more damaging if some of the stuff on here was seen that was actually initially posted by their own mother. Not that that makes it okay. I’m not sure how to go about this. I want to do the right thing but I want to discuss this subject too. :unsure:

• Heart
Emalie, I definitely see your point and agree with protecting children. However, given the nature of this thread and the fact that these children seem to be given no privacy and no protection either considering they’re allowed to be online pretty much unsupervised, that I’m not sure we should discuss anything at all in fear of the children seeing it. Because that would be far far more damaging if some of the stuff on here was seen that was actually initially posted by their own mother. Not that that makes it okay. I’m not sure how to go about this. I want to do the right thing but I want to discuss this subject too. :unsure:
I understand. I guess we all just have to do what we feel is right. No hard feelings ♥
I’m not worried about E seeing this thread, I really don’t think she ever will.
I’m worried about her being judged unfairly.
Probably a large part is just my distaste for children not being given privacy in general.

• Heart
I understand. I guess we all just have to do what we feel is right. No hard feelings ♥
I’m not worried about E seeing this thread, I really don’t think she ever will.
I’m worried about her being judged unfairly.
Probably a large part is just my distaste for children not being given privacy in general.
I would never judge a child for loving their parent. Children generally see their parents through rose colored glasses. As long as we are respectful of them and fair everyone should be okay. ☺

Oh! Liar was brilliant. An important story. At first I didn’t want watch it but I am really glad I did. As unpleasant as the story was, I learnt so much, specifically realising how easily we can be manipulated by people we love & how our own prejudices come into play when we hear stories of abuse.

Ioan’s acting was also next level, the scene where he cries & tells his son he is afraid still haunts me.

Eight marriages?! Ugh. That seems a bit excessive. Even for America 😂

Enjoy your tea, it definitely sounds like you made a lucky escape!
Yes, liar was amazing. Both Ioan and Joanne Froggatt did incredible jobs!

@Pixie06
Yeah it was the car park incident, I've attached the link I remember reading about this.
https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00148634.html

The YouTuber she hit also has a video up about it and IMO you can see who the level headed person was in that situation:

Here's the full video of her reaction. Clearly if she acts like this when she was clearly at fault with hitting a parked car then how is she to deal with in private. The fact that the YouTuber has her on camera driving off is the huge red flag. You are meant to exchange information after hitting a car.
Wow, I never knew about this. Never seen this.

Read the comment section. Her eldest daughter replied to this. So much for her kids not reading anything about her or Ioan on the internet :/

But yeah, Alice was involved in SO MUCH stuff last year (also on twitter, as mentioned), I somehow doubt that the break up is a total coincidence. At some point it breaks the camels back.
Wow! Those poor girls. I have a grand daughter Ella's age and they find ways to get online with anyone knowing. Poor Ella. :(

Methinks AE wrote that herself, not her kid...
Possibly but have you seen the video of Ella on Alice's instagram. Precious and very well-written. She recited it like she wrote it which makes me think she is very mature for her age.

I am deeply, deeply uncomfortable talking about a child on here. I understand that there’s the best motives of bringing balance to a public story (that should have been private) but E has a right to privacy.

As for my take, all I’m going to say is that I think the world of her for what she has written.

This little girl shows remarkable emotional intelligence. She is seeing who Alice was created to be - the hidden person of her heart- and she is calling it out and speaking it over her like a blessing.

I think the car incident is horrifying yes, but E has a point. It’s posted there so people can gawk at an unwell woman cruelly. That woman is E’s mother.
How would we feel? If Alice is encouraging her kids to fight for her I wouldn’t be surprised & I would be infuriated but I feel like we have to be careful not to crush a child’s loving effort at the same time.

I feel like the strong people in her life will be able to encourage this beautiful quality in E while reminding her that she isn’t responsible to heal her mum, & that only Alice can take the steps required. Sadly sometimes people hit rock bottom before they are able to.

E can only love Alice through the hard times and forgive her when things are sour.
It’ll be establishing her own boundaries and UPHOLDING them over the years that could prove tricky (especially if Alice tries to define love as unconditional acceptance of anything she does) but E seems very intelligent, I think she will work it all out.

All children should be treasured and protected, I really, really don’t like her being discussed on here. I hope we can all delete our posts once the point is made.

Yes! We and our local community have been in lockdown for six weeks with more to come - lockdown definitely amplifies everything at home.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder but it also brings clarity & perspective.

I can see how plunging back to total immersion in the life you’re questioning would be intense.
Well said!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I have a big problem with raising children to believe they arrived to ‘heal’ their parents. It makes me really angry actually.

I also don’t like the idea that every person you have a relationship with is your soulmate & you “complete” each other.
I feel like the best marriages I know are comprised of two people who share values, friendship and attraction but who bring their own identity to the table and compliment each other’s differences.
( Edit : Alice has made references to both on Instagram.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
The "I think I don't love you anymore" happened somewhere between their anniversary (14th september) and the tweet she sent about it on september 29th because she claimed it was not too long after their anniversary in an IG post later. He came back around mid-August? So not quite. Though her friends say that he has been acting bad ever since then.

To me it has all the hallmarks of him having a bad time in lockdown but trying to not show it - and thanks to going for a few weeks away from her he probably reflected on everything and made his decision (whether the deal was sweetened with a third party or not). I actually can't really think of a scenario where she wouldnt accuse him of acting badly. She claims it came out of the blue (yet he walked out months later), but if he had tried already much earlier to show signs of unhappiness she would claim that it's cruel to drag it so long (which she somehow still did).

And yes, I realize that part of Alice's reasoning was that just few weeks before this he was planning their first ever (?) Christmas in the Snow with the kids (sad), but this is unfortunately very normal, and probably was part of his own denial stage.
I agree with your comment about him possibly having a time of reflection and making the decision to end it. It was probably really heartbreaking for him. That's what I've thought all along. Time to reflect on whether or not he wanted to continue to stay at the sacrifice of his own happiness. I'm sure he still cares for her but you can care for someone and decide not to be in a relationship with them. Or at least set boundaries to make sure you are taking care of yourself. It's a balancing act. In the case of a couple with children, you know you're going to be in each other's lives to some extent for the rest of your lives. But boundry-setting is a very healthy thing and I think it's good, if you can afford it, to leave the communicating to the lawyers during the divorce or at least until something is in writing with the court that specifically sets out communication.

Agree. Boundaries are important.

Alice’s Twitter use could have used some boundaries too. I mean, Alice is an intelligent, beautiful, accomplished woman but right now (& I know this, because I have been wasting time snooping on Twitter) her name is associated with a strange lady who is currently, presumably, dancing around a firepit burning Ioan autographed posters and effigies. I wish I was joking, but I am barely exaggerating.

Who you choose to associate with and to what extent does matter.
You’ll always have a lunatic fringe I guess but is encouraging them so much a safe idea?🥺

I know it didn't have to end up on TMZ, but typical narcissistic behavior is to act like this, to the T, and then claim that you were just emotionally hurt and guilt trip everyone else about what they "made happen to you". Or that, " if you wouldn't have done A, I wouldn't have had to do B", implying that they can't control their own actions and because you were bad enough to do A, you deserve B.

Source: Have had a narc mother for 30 years.

If it was E sending the message, then her intentions are probably good in wanting to protect A, but E's unfortunately learned the same coping mechanisms from A. Not good, because in the real world, you can't have healthy relationships when you guilt trip people for their feelings because it hurt yours.

Would a child write "my mum was badly bullied as a child and disowned by her father". Seems very odd thing for a child to write about her mum.

Reactions: 12
Well, is anything about Alice not odd?

She mentioned on various twitter posts before that she tells her kids about how she was bullied and how her father abandoned her (in adult age), so I find it likely.

Also whoever of you replied to her comment on that video, this is very cute ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.