Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah, she said he is "not really" telling his kids stuff either, though I feel like if he wouldnt say them anything at all she would word it differently. But who knows.

My guess is that she wants to guilt trip him. Early on in the divorce in order for her to try to win him back ("look on what you are missing out with the kids" etc.). Now in order to have a way to convince him of compromising on the prenup at least (if she still thinks she can win him back she's completely nuts, so I dont think it's that). I reckon she does feel a bit desperate that atm she can only fight this over lawyers, and they probably give her no hope, so guilt tripping Ioan ("look what are you doing to your kids" etc.) may be the only option she sees. Whether it's face-to-face or over SM, and in fact one of her tweets sounded like this to me. Or she just wants to hurt him as much as possible out of revenge.

Obviously the other option is that she simply misses him (even if she likely wont be able to control her anger), her post about how they used to communicate all the time when he was flying clearly shows that. Some woman (and man) also develop with time a certain feeling of possessing their partner, and when they break up they struggle to get used to them reducing or cutting off contact: If you no longer have constant contact you wonder then all the time what they are doing, especially whether they are seeing an other woman (and Alice is like this: she once admitted that she was jealous of Jessica Alba when they were shooting Fantastic 4, and he mentioned once that his wife refuses to watch his on-screen bed scenes)

Or the kids are saddened that they will never play with daddy in their childhood home ever again (that's how she worded it a few months ago too) and so she wants to change that. I do tend to think her intentions are purely manipulativ, but I definitely can see her doing this in parts just out of sadness.
Yikes. Jealous of co-stars doesn’t sound very healthy. Hopefully she was joking?

It’s so sad but I hope someone out there can help her see that she is still responsible to make good choices despite feeling all manner of horrible emotions right now.

We’ve all had to do the right thing when we didn’t feel like it, it’s not fun but it’s how character is built.

On another note, I really don’t understand why her ‘fans’ are her friends. So odd. In Australia, if we say we are someone’s fan it just means we appreciate their work, not that we are “sisters forever”.
Is it weird that I’m disturbed by that? I don’t understand.

Reactions: 4
Yikes. Jealous of co-stars doesn’t sound very healthy. Hopefully she was joking?

It’s so sad but I hope someone out there can help her see that she is still responsible to make good choices despite feeling all manner of horrible emotions right now.

We’ve all had to do the right thing when we didn’t feel like it, it’s not fun but it’s how character is built.

On another note, I really don’t understand why her ‘fans’ are her friends. So odd. In Australia, if we say we are someone’s fan it just means we appreciate their work, not that we are “sisters forever”.
No it’s not weird at all, it’s Alice’s astonishing lack of boundaries and increasing inability to distinguish between the bubble she exists in and the real world that’s weird.

Reactions: 10
Everyone here makes a lot of excellent points. I agree about the astonishing lack of boundaries and just wonder how someone like Ioan got involved with someone like her. He must have fallen head over heels for her and didn’t see the glaring red flags in front of him. For some reason I think he was very naive and inexperienced, and she just took over.
Yes he allowed it, but his reticence at marrying her tells me he had concerns as someone mentioned earlier. It’s a shame for everyone involved, especially those beautiful children.

Reactions: 5

No, I’m disturbed by it too. I think it’s a mistake for her to be involved with fans like this. Maybe if she had gotten off SM when he asked she wouldn’t be in this situation now. Maybe.

And being jealous of coworkers? I imagine that was an ongoing issue for her.
If after going through 4 therapists she doesn’t see that she’s a problem I doubt she ever will.

Reactions: 6
Yes! I remember reading that on some of the SuperheroHype forums back in the day that she was jealous of Jessica Alba. I remember some of the comments involved the idea of wanting Ioan and Jessica to be a real couple - and given Alice's past of sock-puppet accounts and the Ioan Online (some Pro-Jessica comments were also made on there) forum, I can imagine she saw those comments. But to have that mindset isn't healthy, especially when she is an 'actress' herself. You definitely know how films work and how scenes are made. She was clearly just possessive of him.

I mean I don't get how she is so close to her fans either. That to me is really weird - and also dangerous. You can never know truly who you are talking to online.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
, I’m disturbed by it too. I think it’s a mistake for her to be involved with fans like this. Maybe if she had gotten off SM when he asked she wouldn’t be in this situation now. Maybe.
I agree. If your partner asked you to stop posting things about him on SM and you not only don't do it but then tell people he's unhappy with your SM it is incredibly disrespectful of his privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Everyone here makes a lot of excellent points. I agree about the astonishing lack of boundaries and just wonder how someone like Ioan got involved with someone like her. He must have fallen head over heels for her and didn’t see the glaring red flags in front of him. For some reason I think he was very naive and inexperienced, and she just took over.
Yes he allowed it, but his reticence at marrying her tells me he had concerns as someone mentioned earlier. It’s a shame for everyone involved, especially those beautiful children.

I feel that for Alice, attention, any attention is the breath in her lungs and she puts herself in awkward, unhelpful and downright inappropriate situations trying to get it.

She is my mother’s age, I really can’t fathom how her self awareness is so low.😣

Perhaps it’s due to being unwell.

I’m sure Ioan loved her for all her better qualities, and they probably shone brighter when she was taking better care of her mental health.

People do change, as a result sometimes things that once worked no longer do. At any rate, it’s wonderful that the Ioan/ Alice love story happened because there’s two amazing children that wouldn’t be here if their worlds hadn’t collided.

• Heart
I feel that for Alice, attention, any attention is the breath in her lungs and she puts herself in awkward, unhelpful and downright inappropriate situations trying to get it.

She is my mother’s age, I really can’t fathom how her self awareness is so low.😣

Perhaps it’s due to being unwell.

I’m sure Ioan loved her for all her better qualities, and they probably shone brighter when she was taking better care of her mental health.

People do change, as a result sometimes things that once worked no longer do. At any rate, it’s wonderful that the Ioan/ Alice love story happened because there’s two amazing children that wouldn’t be here if their worlds hadn’t collided.
Very intelligently said. They were young when they met. Their careers were looking bright, they were having fun. For someone with her personality, exciting, funny, well-spoken, multi-lingual, almost over-the-top entertaining in person, the "life of the party", she no doubt sucks you in...life is FUN! But usually these personalities are terribly insecure. Seriously insecure. Dangerous insecure. I have absolutely no psych education but my guess is that she has Borderline Personality Disorder. Anyone with some education in this area?

I've just read about it when trying to decide to whether or not to keep a friend in my life who was diagnosed with BPO. She and Alice are exactly identical in their behavior.

???

Very intelligently said. They were young when they met. Their careers were looking bright, they were having fun. For someone with her personality, exciting, funny, well-spoken, multi-lingual, almost over-the-top entertaining in person, the "life of the party", she no doubt sucks you in...life is FUN! But usually these personalities are terribly insecure. Seriously insecure. Dangerous insecure. I have absolutely no psych education but my guess is that she has Borderline Personality Disorder. Anyone with some education in this area?

I've just read about it when trying to decide to whether or not to keep a friend in my life who was diagnosed with BPO. She and Alice are exactly identical in their behavior.
I think you may be right. That would explain her strong reaction to rejection and being left. If that is the case then her family’s life with her must be hell. I doubt she will ever allow him any peace whatsoever. It will be also be very hard for her to cope with sharing custody of their daughters. This may be the reason he waited so long to leave, knowing what chaos his leaving would cause. I imagine all the contact during travel was something she demanded as she seems extremely possessive. What a mess.

???
Yeah. I think they’re both incredibly attractive people, that they chose each other is not at all surprising to me.

I’m not a psychologist either but if she does need it, I hope she gets help - the stigma is nowhere near what it was and outcomes have never been better thanks to greater understanding of neuroplasticity, etc.

And I wanted to say I’m really sorry you’ve had to navigate such a difficult situation with your friend.I know it can be a very lonely and exhausting process.
It’s great that she’s now getting the care she needs. I hope it’s all resolving well & that you’re feeling supported in whatever decision was right for you.

I think you may be right. That would explain her strong reaction to rejection and being left. If that is the case then her family’s life with her must be hell. I doubt she will ever allow him any peace whatsoever. It will be also be very hard for her to cope with sharing custody of their daughters. This may be the reason he waited so long to leave, knowing what chaos his leaving would cause. I imagine all the contact during travel was something she demanded as she seems extremely possessive. What a mess.
My Aquarius / infj brain doesn’t cope well with overly insecure people. It’s one thing to feel vulnerable/ unloved & need encouragement but another to expect everyone to live in misery so that you don’t have to regulate your own emotions as much. Who would that really help anyway?! 🙄
If that was going on, it’s no wonder things imploded…but how would we know 💁🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Or the kids are saddened that they will never play with daddy in their childhood home ever again (that's how she worded it a few months ago too) and so she wants to change that. I do tend to think her intentions are purely manipulativ, but I definitely can see her doing this in parts just out of sadness.
She probably is sad about this- it is a sad situation, as it is when all marriages involving children break up. But her job as their mother is to make them less sad, not more, no matter how sad she feels. Not make the childhood home such a big thing, and reassure them that even though their father has left her, he has not left them. However, she seems to be doing the opposite and telling them and everyone else who will listen that he has left all of them and making their sadness into something to share with all and sundry.

• Heart
She probably is sad about this- it is a sad situation, as it is when all marriages involving children break up. But her job as their mother is to make them less sad, not more, no matter how sad she feels. Not make the childhood home such a big thing, and reassure them that even though their father has left her, he has not left them. However, she seems to be doing the opposite and telling them and everyone else who will listen that he has left all of them and making their sadness into something to share with all and sundry.
She is a classic victim. Oh, woe is me, my kids have to leave LA and their million dollar? childhood home for a $300,000 home! And their mom has to get a job and leave them! Soon the oldest can babysit. She is unbelievably entitled and clueless about the real world. Oh, and their dad won’t come play with them so they must go to his awful apartment. I could gag. She’s either borderline personality disorder or a narcissist or both. After that last crap she insinuated about her husband I have zero sympathy for her. It’s time she put on her big girl panties and became an adult.
Kids are super resilient if they’re helped through situations like this. She could help them and build character and strength in all three of them. I’m not saying it’s easy by any means, but life is really hard and things won’t always go your way. She’s extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to even have those girls! Most could never afford it or conceive even if they could.

Reactions: 11
She is a classic victim. Oh, woe is me, my kids have to leave LA and their million dollar? childhood home for a $300,000 home! And their mom has to get a job and leave them! Soon the oldest can babysit. She is unbelievably entitled and clueless about the real world. Oh, and their dad won’t come play with them so they must go to his awful apartment. I could gag. She’s either borderline personality disorder or a narcissist or both. After that last crap she insinuated about her husband I have zero sympathy for her. It’s time she put on her big girl panties and became an adult.
Kids are super resilient if they’re helped through situations like this. She could help them and build character and strength in all three of them. I’m not saying it’s easy by any means, but life is really hard and things won’t always go your way. She’s extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to even have those girls! Most could never afford it or conceive even if they could.
The sudden onslaught of vitriol directed at his mother immediately made me think she (Ioan’s mum) has put her hand up to help with childcare.

It’s pretty clear to me, as a mother, that Alice shouldn’t have custody right now, she isn’t in a place where she can meet their current needs & speaking from experience you shouldn’t ignore the long term psychological damage an unhinged parent can do to their child.

Yes, it’s very difficult to have sympathy after the despicable things she said this week.

I'm not saying that there is definitely not possibly some truth to that theory, but it's not really sudden as such. Even when they were happily married she often talked badly about his mom on twitter. There was a tiktok trend (or something like that) about toxic mother in laws the other day (which she also reacted to with more subtle hints), a few days before her outburst. I think it's more likely a reaction triggered by that with her connecting whatever bad happens in her life right now to this. But who knows, your idea seems sound, I guess she will tell us in that book of hers she has teased so often by now ;)

Just looking at the picture of her toe she bruised, but her knee is all bruised too, which she doesn't mention. I really can't understand how that little chair caused that bruise. I know I fall and bash into things when I've been too drunk.

Reactions: 4
I'm not saying that there is definitely not possibly some truth to that theory, but it's not really sudden as such. Even when they were happily married she often talked badly about his mom on twitter. There was a tiktok trend (or something like that) about toxic mother in laws the other day (which she also reacted to with more subtle hints), a few days before her outburst. I think it's more likely a reaction triggered by that with her connecting whatever bad happens in her life right now to this. But who knows, your idea seems sound, I guess she will tell us in that book of hers she has teased so often by now ;)
Oh, ok. I’ve just joined Twitter, so there is a lot I’ve missed.

I don’t mean to be unkind but I doubt she’d be able to publish a book, Twitter quips and a cohesive narrative are two very different things.

I wonder what she would want to write about? Surely not all this.

I feel sad about her face. So much work. She was so attractive and now just looks like she's had work done, odd and obvious and no individuality.

Reactions: 2
Oh, ok. I’ve just joined Twitter, so there is a lot I’ve missed.

I don’t mean to be unkind but I doubt she’d be able to publish a book, Twitter quips and a cohesive narrative are two very different things.

I wonder what she would want to write about? Surely not all this.
IIRC she said it wouldnt be just about her break up, but also generally about their relationship/careers, and even the stuff before she met him.

She used to write pretty interesting columns for Glamour back in the day, so she can write when she is not a mess. But obviously when the story is as inconsistent as her break up story anything she would ever write about this has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I feel sad about her face. So much work. She was so attractive and now just looks like she's had work done, odd and obvious and no individuality.
Whatever Dr. doing work on her face messed it up badly, particularly her lips. They should not look that way, nor should her face be shiny from too much Botox. And why did she lose hair? She should still be attractive! But she looks really old for fifty, probably from bad cosmetic work and too much hair dye.
I’m not being cruel at all, just stating the truth. And she needs to wear softer colors, and to wear different glasses.

Reactions: 2
Whatever Dr. doing work on her face messed it up badly, particularly her lips. They should not look that way, nor should her face be shiny from too much Botox. And why did she lose hair? She should still be attractive! But she looks really old for fifty, probably from bad cosmetic work and too much hair dye.
I’m not being cruel at all, just stating the truth. And she needs to wear softer colors, and to wear different glasses.
Hmm. Reeeeally? You must know some very pretty 50 year olds! The ones I know wear nanna skirts & bring quiche to church bake sales 😂 (I do think they’re gorgeous in their way too). I find Alice very beautiful.

Anyway. Youthful attractiveness isn’t all that: Grace Kelly & Audrey Hepburn were radiant at 50, probably because they cultivated inner loveliness. People’s characters are often written on their faces.

About the hair, it may be genetic & totally not her fault. I started lightening my hair when I was 22, so around 10yrs of blonde, it hasn’t thinned & is still very long & healthy.
Maybe in the 90’s they rebleached the entire length of hair instead of only covering regrowth?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.