Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has completely crossed the line now. Does she not realise you actually need evidence to prove this sort of allegation, and that if she destroys him she only destroys herself and the kids futures (and their mental wellbeing).

I believe he isn't seeing any of this based on her 'narrative' of being blocked. But I sure hope the Lawyers pull everything now. This is horrific and again it reflects horribly on her than it does him. She may also delete all of this which is her MO.

Also the fact that she has a Nanny speaks volumes. For a woman who wants the world to see that she looks after the kids, why the need of a Nanny? Seems to me she was installed because of Alice's neglect. Currently, because of her 'stories' that do end up getting deleted or are left unfinished, is Ioan actually out of the country. I don't believe her on anything now given her MO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
no, they have only one and she actually has cancer

back when Alice got in this fight with that hoarse whisperer person on twitter and talked about suicide and mixing alcohol with pills and whatever the nanny wasnt there, she said that she is only coming the next morning (and Ioan was in Oz).

And yes, it's very questionable that he is in this phase of the divorce, in her state, going for work out of the country.
Problem is, if he is contracted to go to France for work, unless they release him for compassionate reasons, he has to go or be sued. He is hardly a massive in demand actor who can throw his weight around. He probably has to take jobs wherever they are, especially with a divorce case looming and his ex wife trying to ensure he never works again. (I realise Ive contradicted myself, but I dont know what I would do faced with breaching an employment contract when she may just be mouthing off). I hope the kids are safe.

Reactions: 11
Is there such a thing as social services out in U.S? Alternatively if people were concerned there must be friends or relatives the kids could stay with temporarily. Even if Ioan isn't reading her ramblings other acquaintances are and could inform him. What is he working on in France?

Is there such a thing as social services out in U.S? Alternatively if people were concerned there must be friends or relatives the kids could stay with temporarily. Even if Ioan isn't reading her ramblings other acquaintances are and could inform him. What is he working on in France?
Someone in his camp, be it his Manager or legal representative will be aware of her posts. I'm pretty certain there will be safeguards in place for the children but he has been advised to keep silent on Social Media. Don't forget that all the information is coming from a deranged, bitter ex that is putting only select information on her SM that she believes reflects badly on him so we are getting a very sanitised version of the truth.

Reactions: 5
And yes, it's very questionable that he is in this phase of the divorce, in her state, going for work out of the country.
Well he is the breadwinner and divorces are expensive. I don't think the kids are in physical danger and I would say she only drinks when the kids are in bed. But she could be emotionally harming the kids if she is talking tit about their dad in front of them. We don't know but if her SM is anything to go by.... There could be parental alienation going on.

Also the paedophilia remark is toxic. If she wants to use that against him she will need hard evidence. She then says it's "just a thought"!!! If she does produce evidence (which I doubt she has) it will destroy his career and her income too.

I think she was always unstable but he only noticed it in the last year. His mom was right! When he gets a girlfriend I expect it to get worse.

Well he is the breadwinner and divorces are expensive. I don't think the kids are in physical danger and I would say she only drinks when the kids are in bed. But she could be emotionally harming the kids if she is talking tit about their dad in front of them. We don't know but if her SM is anything to go by.... There could be parental alienation going on.

Also the paedophilia remark is toxic. If she wants to use that against him she will need hard evidence. She then says it's "just a thought"!!! If she does produce evidence (which I doubt she has) it will destroy his career and her income too.

I think she was always unstable but he only noticed it in the last year. His mom was right! When he gets a girlfriend I expect it to get worse.
Can you IMAGINE whats she's going to be like. I am here for it though.

Also the fact that she has a Nanny speaks volumes. For a woman who wants the world to see that she looks after the kids, why the need of a Nanny? Seems to me she was installed because of Alice's neglect. Currently, because of her 'stories' that do end up getting deleted or are left unfinished, is Ioan actually out of the country. I don't believe her on anything now given her MO.
I think rich people often have nannies. It's not necessarily a sign of neglect. You are right about how Alice twists things though. Check out the video of her hitting two cars because she can't park. Then she blames Kayla Lashae for having a big car! Lol

• Wow
Reactions: 7

That last paragraph reminds me. People were so certain he was playing away and laying into him when this started. Did it ever turn out to be the case he had left her for someone else? I remember feeling so uncomfortable at the time reading a lot of the things said about him by people on Twitter and on here with no reason other than what she had been putting out there.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, true about the Nanny. If that were me though I wouldn't blast that I am the best mum in the world (lol).

Yes!! I remember that. She was being investigated for a Hit and Run. Wonder what happened there and if it effected their relationship even further.
She came across unhinged in that video.

As for the 'Affair', no one has been confirmed. Normally we would know by now if there was. This just goes back to my original point further back in this thread that I just thought he fell out of love with her. That he felt she no longer fought in his corner (as everything they argued about became a Tweet). The trust in her was just gone.

Last edited:
I don't think he cheated. Of course Alice suggested he did, without evidence. She said "I just want to know who the girl is?"

She would have a stronger divorce position if he cheated I guess. I think there would be photographs out there if there was someone else.

I think he just had enough of Alice and she can't accept that.

Reactions: 9
That last paragraph reminds me. People were so certain he was playing away and laying into him when this started. Did it ever turn out to be the case he had left her for someone else? I remember feeling so uncomfortable at the time reading a lot of the things said about him by people on Twitter and on here with no reason other than what she had been putting out there.
I've just looked back because I remember commenting that maybe we are seeing what he has had to put up with. It was pretty evenly split but as time has gone on it has become increasingly obvious that she is not an easy person to deal with and that is reflected in the change of tone on here.

I didn’t know anything about her, so when I read first they’d split I thought midlife crisis, away a lot with work away from family, he’s grown close to someone else.
Since then here has opened my eye to her behaviour. And she’s got worse.

Yeah, I guess he is in a situation where he can't really win no matter what he does. In fact I think the same applies to divorcing her in the first place: I for one always expected a divorce of them to go like this (under the assumption that he actually one day realizes to what he got married to), I wonder if he did too?

Oh parental allienation is 100 % taking place. "Daddy left you", "Daddy abandoned you", "Daddy is selling our house" etc. and thats only Social Media (which the eldest has, and she will show her little sis stuff too), she no doubt does it in private too.

Yeah, I wouldnt want to be his next girlfriend (or current, whatever). I've actually been wondering if she tries to make him unappealing for future partners by potraying him as a absolute monster and/or by the fact that he has a ex-wife from hell.

I think rich people often have nannies. It's not necessarily a sign of neglect. You are right about how Alice twists things though. Check out the video of her hitting two cars because she can't park. Then she blames Kayla Lashae for having a big car! Lol
That they have a nanny isnt the problem. That she simultanously claims that she cant work despite them having a nanny is the amusing part to me. I think she once said that she vowed that she will never let the kids without at least one parent until they are grown up or something like that. Bit funny that she finds this kind of attachment necessary, but how dare a mother has a close relationship to her grown up son.

Look, I see this a bit mixed.

Ioan is very skilled in keeping things on the low. He and Alice were secretely dating for almost two years before they went public (and she only confessed this to her back-then boyfriend a few weeks before she and Ioan went public). He was dating before this Nicole Appleton and no one really knew until they broke up again (and I think hardly anyone even remembers it). There is no single picture (AFAIK) of him and his first serious girlfriend, and he was back then a bigger star than now (was breaking through as Hornblower at the time). So that he hasnt been seen with anyone or that Alice is unable to name anyone (especially with no contact) means nothing to me, especially if it's somebody from abroad, who would unlikely to move to him at this stage yet.

FWIW one of Alice friends liked a few weeks ago a tweet that went basically like "I cant watch Harrow (his TV Show in OZ) now in the same way because Ioan Gruffudd is into the actress that plays his on-screen daughter". I get that the Daily Mail pushed this at the beginning without any hint whatsoever (and thats probably why that unrelated user wrote something like this), and that she has a boyfriend and is in fact still posting pictures kissing with her boyfriend on IG I believe, so he is very very unlikely to date her. But I have been wondering now if she believes that he was attracted to that girl at least (I think she was 16 when they started shooting the series and is now 19/20), and that's what the pedophille stuff is actually about.

Having said that, while it is certainly true that many men dont seperate from their wives, especially if they have kids, without somebody in the wings (and most of them dont even seperate then, most of the time the wife is the one that files for divorce) it wasnt what I immediately thought. I was aware of her behavior for a long time, and that her behavior would definitely be enough for me at least, but I did assumed that he maybe is attracted to a character like this, who knows. And if you are suddenly not anymore it's often because you met somebody else and perspective kicks in. But it's not the only possible reason: they spend last year for the first time in ages a lot time together (I know many couples who struggle to go back into a regular relationship after being long-distance), during a lockdown and during a time where Alice did a lot of stupid stuff on twitter, I really doubt that this helped. Still though, I wouldnt rule out that he has cheated.

She would have a stronger divorce position if he cheated I guess.
Nah, she wouldnt. At least legally (though I assume her Social Media support would be even stronger)

California is a no-fault divorce state. They dont care why you are breaking up or who is at fault. The only way that this affects a divorce case is if the new girlfriend is an addict or something and lives with the father, that would then affect custody.

I just want to say @welp i really appreciate your very through and thoughtful posts on this thread. It must take time to collect all the screenshots and putting the history together as you did early on and continue to now. I genuinely find the way people behave on social media fascinating, especially as in this case when people try to rewrite the history they’re putting forward in the first place.

Reactions: 25
I just want to say @welp i really appreciate your very through and thoughtful posts on this thread. It must take time to collect all the screenshots and putting the history together as you did early on and continue to now. I genuinely find the way people behave on social media fascinating, especially as in this case when people try to rewrite the history they’re putting forward in the first place.
👏👏👏 yes amazing @welp

@welp. Thanks for all the sleuthing you have done.

I am sure you are aware that Alice got ioanonline.com cancelled because someone made a mild joke about her. Then Ioan wades in backing Alice and slagging off his fans. I think she was jealous of the attention he was getting online and that's why she threw a hissy fit. We can see now what an attention seeker she is.

As for expecting a divorce, Ioan always seemed pussy whipped but maybe he found some cojones at last. The prenup shows he had some doubts about her. Plus taking so long to marry her.

It's possible he has someone else but I bet Alice would know as she seems like the type to check his phone etc. Morally she would be in a stronger position with the divorce (i wasn't sure about financially).

Also he broke up with first girlfriend Charlotte just as Hornblower aired so there wasn't a relationship to hide. As for Appleton, wasn't it just a few dates?

Yes Alice cheated on Olivier Picasso when they were engaged. I think she always has a man lined up before she leaves a relationship so being alone is very new for her. That said it would take a brave man to get involved with her now.

Yeah I never realised that; it sounds like it’s only Ioans fans keeping her going (as I would imagine most of her online ‘friends’ came via him 😕

It’s definitely getting right out of hand isn’t it and I don’t believe that for a minute. I don’t know if anyone on here remembers but a couple of years or so back she was on Twitter and uploaded a video of her with the children saying hi to daddy (Ioan) and if anything what she said sounded odd, it was about their daughter and I remember thinking at the time, what an odd thing to say about a child. I wish I could remember properly what it was now! I do however remember telling my sister and she agreed it was odd too.
I remember that! Was it something like, "get a room"? Saying that to Ioan and one of the girls when they were hugging...I think after having not seen each other for a while(?) Totally inappropriate!

I remember that! Was it something like, "get a room"? Saying that to Ioan and one of the girls when they were hugging...I think after having not seen each other for a while(?) Totally inappropriate!
Sounds like the sort of thing a woman who is jealous of the attention her child is getting would say...

Reactions: 10
@welp You've said what I've been thinking this whole time. Everything you said, with all the screenshots, is the big picture with all the pieces put together so the picture of what's going on is clearer. Thank you.

I still find it odd that this story of strangers' lives is of so deep interest to me but I find it fascinating, scary, sad, and but most of all I'm horrified for their daughters!

I have no expertise whatsoever in any kind of mental health issues but I had a friend who had Borderline Personality Disorder and it's uncanny how similar Alice is to her. Same situation too. Husband leaving after 20 years because the illness just became unbearable. The two kids are turning out quite well-adjusted (surprisingly). I feel sorry for Alice because the heartache is real but it appears that she is the cause of her own heartache.

I really fear for their daughters! I think she needs a psych eval before custody is determined. She has done a horrible job keeping the kids safe from the adult situation that is divorce. Is it not common sense and natural motherly love that makes you want to shield you children from being sad? She should be saying things like, "everything's going to ok. Everything's going to work out. Your daddy loves you very much." (even if he doesn't) and "Mommy and Daddy are just not going to live together anymore. Now you get to have TWO houses!" And the "my husband has left US?" HORRIBLE HORRIBLE thing to tell your children. Again...EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE.

I know we don't know details, and we haven't heard his side but we don't have to. She's digging herself a deeper and deeper hole. She could be looking at the wrong side of a defamation case in the future. Reminds me of this quote:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

I can't imagine what Ioan is going tthrough.And it must be difficult to hold back from saying something to protect his reputation. But again, the more time passes, reasonable people will see through the dust cloud that she is kicking up right now. Her tweets today are way over the line. I'm sure his lawyers are taking note.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.