Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #98 Imbibe, post, regret, delete, rinse and repeat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: one of Alice’s tweets about having a “happiness only rule in the home” is a surefire way to cause those kids emotional regulation and emotional expression problems, I’m calling it now.

If this isn’t actually what happens in the home, then is she really so bleeping stupid as to think that this tweet will illustrate her as an ideal mother? Like does she really not know how horrendous that “rule” sounds?

“My kids are gonna be happy all the time, ESPECIALLY in the midst of an acrimonious divorce in which I am the sole aggressor and my kids have to share a house with me.”

Sounds cool, Alice.

Thanks to you friends/your stories about your children and a few recent life experiences this year I am ACTUALLY considering getting my tit together and having a child in a few years, should God will these things for me. Never thought I’d consider a baby again but here we are. (Likely IVF—I’m not interested in relationships—tips for me, Alice?) And my first rule will be that if you feel it you better bleeping express it (healthily). Talk about it, draw a picture, do SOMETHING.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
As if Alice is Mary bleeping Poppins. She’s bed-bound and those kids are left to their own devices. The place is a mess, from what we can see in the pictures she posts.
Although Ioan did tell me in a lengthy email with this months pay cheque that it’s a hovel.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Re: one of Alice’s tweets about having a “happiness only rule in the home” is a surefire way to cause those kids emotional regulation and emotional expression problems, I’m calling it now.

If this isn’t actually what happens in the home, then is she really so bleeping stupid as to think that this tweet will illustrate her as an ideal mother? Like does she really not know how horrendous that “rule” sounds?

“My kids are gonna be happy all the time, ESPECIALLY in the midst of an acrimonious divorce in which I am the sole aggressor and my kids have to share a house with me.”

Sounds cool, Alice.

Thanks to you friends/your stories about your children and a few recent life experiences this year I am ACTUALLY considering getting my tit together and having a child in a few years, should God will these things for me. Never thought I’d consider a baby again but here we are. (Likely IVF—I’m not interested in relationships—tips for me, Alice?) And my first rule will be that if you feel it you better bleeping express it (healthily). Talk about it, draw a picture, do SOMETHING.
HARD agree. That really stood out to me. Along with the house rule “the only rule in this house is to have fun”. Can’t remember exact quote.

Reactions: 20
Alice seems very jealous of other couples and men doing well in life and in acting. It’s like she regrets being with Ioan, he was never rich enough or famous enough for her. I don’t think she was ever happy with him. I also don’t think she regrets a thing except marrying Ioan and not another famous actor that has done well or better than him. Her whole life is one big, not good enough tantrum.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Please give us the recipe - sounds yummy!

This thread has some talented turds!
Here you go my lovely, for you all and @ReturningthePearls ❤I’ve made it into a recipe card with a photo of one I’ve made one earlier (UK members will get this reference 😀🇬🇧)This is my last pot so I better make some more😊You can eat it after a month, or even straight away but much better to wait. I’ve eaten it three years later and I’m still here! As long as it’s still sealed properly. Store in fridge after opening. Goes with almost anything especially cheese and gammon(so I’m told, I’m a vegetarian)Dollop it in any curry, stew, etc to liven it up too😊❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Alice’s “happiness only” rule shows exactly how much of an emotional terrorist she is to those poor girls. Part of being a good parent is helping your kids learn how to handle the whole spectrum of emotions, not insisting that they squash any feelings you don’t like.

Typical of a narc though; helping the kids deal with negative emotions would involve her putting someone else first for once and she can’t possibly do that :rolleyes:. Bellend.

• Heart
Hi Turds. I jumped off the AE car crash a wee-while ago, and closed my old TL account (around the time it was all kicking off in Birdland). Is she better now? She seems to be keeping a low profile! She certainly hasn’t been on the Side Bar of shame for a while that I’ve noticed, so that’s low profile - whether by design or not. (Though I made a choice to stop looking at anything to do with her and IG/BW as it was all a bit too much, if you know what I mean).
I hope she’s getting mental health support! Funny seeing all you old gals and original posters here, you guys have got some stamina!
Lately been reminded of you guys and this sordid saga, when watching the Jonny Depp trial and verdict today, and came to check in here for the first time in months. I miss the humor on here. Hugs to all

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I used to think it would be too damaging to the girls for Ioan to get full custody, however now I think the damage of another 6-10 years in that house will be so much worse. Her parenting skills are non existent…one of the messages from the TRO which really stuck out to me was her saying something along the lines of ‘you have to EARN your place as the fun parent’. Being fun is one of the least important traits your kids need from you, stability, security, love, mothering them instead of them mothering you; these are all so much further up the list for me. And once the kids have all of those, then you can have the fun. I think she genuinely has no concept of this and that makes her a dangerous parent. The damage those girls have already suffered from her can’t be undone but they can be protected from more of it. I really, really hope for their sake that Ioan gets full custody.

• Heart
"The newspapers writing bad stuff about me was worse than my mum and my stepsister dying."

Although I can kinda believe it, she didn't get along with the former and she didn't know the latter, and she thinks she is the centre of the universe herself, so...
But hotdamn, this take.

BTW, I see a huge difference between a daughter saying her mum is her best friend, and a mum saying her daughter is her best friend. Double that if the daughter is not even a teenager.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Seriously say goodbye to your previous life.
So she had a TRO placed on her, Ioan her EX husband had left with the clothes on his back, she left them precisely where she had threw them. (I don’t know if they were covered in urine or we imagined that?) He wanted to recover those items a year after he left and she had to make herself scarce. He took an off-duty policeman with him for reasons that’ll become apparent at the hearing. She faked a three day holiday with the kids. Took some pics for the gram and arrived home claiming Bianca had been with him. “A neighbour” saw a short dark haired woman with him.
I’m sure there’s more I’ve missed but there is so much batshittery.
The very next day she discovered there was a rat in the car who had eaten through wires or the floor or some bullshit like that.
How do we know all of this?? She tweeted it!
Thanks for giving an explanation, my eyebrows have been working overtime trying to make sense of a lot here! That's crackers, I'm loving the thread titles you are a talented lot on here, no wonder Alice comes to read! I have to ask another question, can anyone explain Marjorie? By the way, apart from brushing my teeth and making a couple of teas, I haven't progressed out of my room yet thanks to this new discovery! I am indeed kissing adiós to my previous life 🧐🧐🧐🧐😁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hi Turds. I jumped off the AE car crash a wee-while ago, and closed my old TL account (around the time it was all kicking off in Birdland). Is she better now? She seems to be keeping a low profile! She certainly hasn’t been on the Side Bar of shame for a while that I’ve noticed, so that’s low profile - whether by design or not. (Though I made a choice to stop looking at anything to do with her and IG/BW as it was all a bit too much, if you know what I mean).
I hope she’s getting mental health support! Funny seeing all you old gals and original posters here, you guys have got some stamina!
Lately been reminded of you guys and this sordid saga, when watching the Jonny Depp trial and verdict today, and came to check in here for the first time in months. I miss the humor on here. Hugs to all
she has a Temporary Restraining Order for the past 4 months on her (and yet she still has little outbursts)

Reactions: 10

Sounds cool, Alice.

It is impossible to have a happiness only policy in your home. It is such a silly thing to say. How old is she? She talks like an immature 12 yr old.

Reactions: 21
Thank you for this alternative perspective, beautiful Autisteuse. While I could certainly understand the perspectives of other Tattler-friends, I was additionally hoping that a differing response would be proposed, particularly one that also highlights the (1) nuance of relationships being allowed to shift to ones of true admiration with age and (2) tight bonds formed in circumstances of severe abuse/neglect. Sometimes your mother is your best friend because, of everyone you know, you have invested in them the highest degree of trust. In my case, this is partially through trauma, both my own and our mutual traumas.

My mama is my best friend as well—sometimes I forget this, because she made decisions earlier in my life that subjected me to my father’s aggression and injustice (and still occasionally does), but I value her for the plethora of other times in which she has uplifted me and brought me continuous peace and love. Like you and your mother, I wasn’t treated in childhood as her “only BFF in the world,” which I feel applies very complicated, uncomfortable pressure on children not to disappoint their mother and also to rely too heavily upon them. But as I celebrate my 29th birthday, and as I await the ones to arrive after (should God will them), I hope to get even closer with her.

Again, thank you. 💚
It sounds as though you and I have a lot in common, experience-wise, dear RTP. I sometimes resented my mother for not leaving him, especially after the s*xual abuse, but I came to realise that she was just as much his victim as I was. And she and I have grown together into strong women who will no longer take any tit from men and grey-rock my father while we still have to share a house with him. (There are prospective buyers coming to see it on Saturday, though, so fingers crossed.) I think when one has a narcissistic parent, as both you and I do, one imbibes their wants, mores and control so thoroughly that it can be difficult to properly establish not only one's own identity, let alone forge the powerful relationship between mother and daughter which is so valuable and life-affirming. It takes so much time to free oneself from the long, cold shadow the narcissist casts and move forth into the light. Treasure your Mama, dear RTP, and let her know every day how much she is loved. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes. There is something very very immature about Alice. Almost pathological. As if she got stuck at a certain age. Not to go all armchair psychologist. It makes me sympathise with her (still)

Reactions: 6
Yes there is one, I have ordered it. $2
Thanks @SusanC.
Maybe that is what set her off. Leon must have explained to her what this means for her case. Once again the smartest woman in the room played herself. Wouldn't this be to Ioan's advantage? He has an added layer of protection because the court is now in charge of their divorce?
But worse for her, everything is going to be available to anyone who is prepared to pay the fee. The turds on her favorite website that she has only visited four times and can purchase copies and mock her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I bet she has quite a lot of regrets about how she has handled this divorce process. She should have just accepted he wanted out, rather than clinging onto him with threats and what not. Her life would have been changed by the divorce, but if she wasn’t so vengeful, she could be way on the road to recovery by now. The kids could have their relationship back with their dad. She just made a bad situation a million times worse. And it’s not over. In her attempt to besmirch her ex husband she has besmirched herself irrevocably now.
Narcs never feel regret, alas. Everything is done to them, not by them. They seek revenge for the wounds they perceieve others have inflicted on them, pity themselves infinitely, but experience no sense of remorse or culpability. Alice will never let go, because she is incapable of it. This entire farrago is never her fault, only Ioan's fault (and her father, and her stepmother, and the lady in the carpark, and everyone else who has dared to cross her). Alice is just another narcissist playing her little spiteful games like so many other narcissists (Trump, Putain, Boris Johnson, Bolsonaro et al). She may be panicking about her future, but she sees it as something happening to her, not the consequences of her own malice.

Yes. There is something very very immature about Alice. Almost pathological. As if she got stuck at a certain age. Not to go all armchair psychologist. It makes me sympathise with her (still)
If you read the 113 pages of the Temporary Restraining Order, I think your sympathy will ooze away. She has made Ioan, Bianca, Ioan's parents and her children's lives hell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
One thing that is clear is that Alice expected him to stay on in this (loveless) relationship. at the beginning she used the children as an excuse (and his image in the TRO), more recently she is increasingly admitting that it's for herself, this time taking her fibro as the excuse:first a few weeks ago where she tried to deny that she is withholding the kids, one of the reasons were the nights and then she included him taking care of her too lol. now that IG post, Rio cheated on his wife repeatedly but somehow he was wonderful because he stayed with her and Ioan is terrible because he didnt lol - that fundraiser appearance where Bianca gushed over his support must have triggered her hard

I buy that she is scared tbh. Soon she will be without an insurance, will live off limited support and even if she tries she will likely only find work that keeps her over the water. She additionally fucked up by runining the relationship to her meal ticket so much that he will understandably not show mercy if she is in need. It's an extreme change from being all day home with a nanny while your husband works and pays for everything. But no one is entitled to this kind of life and frankly given her treatment of Ioan (at least in public) during and after their relationship she has only herself to blame.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.