Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #95 Alice knows her ABC’s… but missed out P, R and O

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the only relationship she's ever been able to sustain is the one she had with Ioan.
Did she sustain it or did he stay because of the kids until it got too much and even he had to leave for the sake of his own mental well being and sanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
my impression is that Alice is a good casual friend to have as she is all in all a interesting character (she has opinions and things she is interested in etc. etc.), there are clearly a number of people that have been in one way or another friends with her for 20-25 years - but I get the impression that she doesn't have this one great friend which with she can hang out 3-4 days a week and that can tell her tit without she wont like (I may be wrong, but her Social Media never indicated otherwise, she seems to be meeting people like Lady V once in a while, and she bemoaned more than once that she doesnt have close friends in LA) - I wonder if that is because her best friends simply dont live (regulary) in LA or because she is too taxing as a close friend. Her turning internet strangers that wouldn't strongly disagree with her because of her status so easily to friends, or even best friends, makes me think that.

Reactions: 25
That’s a complex (but good) question, haha!! 💚 So I loved Mr. Fantastic but I was like 12 when it came out and I knew literally nothing about actor/actress names and didn’t care to identify who plays what roles, so I had no idea who he was and just went happily without knowing.

Two things sort of happened at the same time so I’ll try and be clear, bear with me. 😅

1. I got real into Welsh culture a number of years back, maybe early twenties. I liked to write poems, run them through the Welsh language on Google translate, and collect the really unique and pretty lines for my English poem (since the meaning of sentences change when you translate them into other languages). Fell in love with Welsh culture.

2. This is random but I promise it ties in: I like researching manmade disasters and disasters pertaining to the natural wonders of the world: the hikers who died while trekking the Appalachian Trail in America, climbers who died on Mount Everest, Titanic disaster, stuff like that. It pertains to my interest in thanatology (the study of death). While I was reading books about Titanic I got back into the movie because I loved it so much as a child. Found Ioan in it again and remembered I loved him even as a kid when I saw him for the first time.

Finally researched him, realized he is a Welshman, remembered my studying Welsh culture and got so, so happy, haha. It has been a few years since I recognized him. He’s one of my fave actors now, and it’s so cool to actually have a fave actor who’s related to the culture you’re in love with! Mama got into him when I got into him because we started watching his work together. ❤

That was a lot, I’m sorry.
Oooh, I research the bodies on Everest and the Titanic and stuff like that, too. Have you read 'Into Thin Air' by Jon Krakauer and 'Facing Up' by Bear Grylls? They're good!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
my impression is that Alice is a good casual friend to have as she is all in all a interesting character (she has opinions and things she is interested in etc. etc.), there are clearly a number of people that have been in one way or another friends with her for 20-25 years - but I get the impression that she doesn't have this one great friend which with she can hang out 3-4 days a week and that can tell her tit without she wont like (I may be wrong, but her Social Media never indicated otherwise, she seems to be meeting people like Lady V once in a while, and she bemoaned more than once that she doesnt have close friends in LA) - I wonder if that is because her best friends simply dont live (regulary) in LA or because she is too taxing as a close friend. Her turning internet strangers that wouldn't strongly disagree with her because of her status so easily to friends, or even best friends, makes me think that.
I imagine her to be high maintenance and intense as a friend. It's in her personality. Can you imagine how she responds to a friend doing or saying something she perceives as a slight on her, for example not calling when they said they would. I know some people just don't find their tribe and it isn't necessarily a reflection on them as a person but I expect Alice isn't someone easy to be with for long periods of time.

Reactions: 18
Alice is that friend I'd be reading about on social media and shaking my head saying "Yeah. Saw this coming!"

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she has probably been depressed for a while, even when she was with him. Self care goes out the window a lot of the time in a depressed state. He looks so pristine and clean, she just looks tatty and grubby, like she gave up. She probably never expected for him to walk too, secure he was staying put, so didn’t make the effort to be presentable and hygienic.
I haven't commented here in ages, just lurking and liking. I always hate to pile on anyone regarding signs of depression tbh, I've been that soldier many times and it's always hard to see people tear apart someone who is depressed. I've reached the stage where I literally do not give duck if people look at me like a tit on a shoe if I've summoned up energy to go to the village shop in my baggy leggings and slippers for milk tbh. for me that's a win. But, and big AE BUTT. I do not take a pic of myself and share for the world, and I would never ever have denigrated my ex hub, shite as he was in many ways, for not cuddling up to me on or offline with stinky breath etc. it's what she does and why/ how she does it that always sticks in my craw. like, WTF POST THAT IF NOT TO SHAME?

I imagine her to be high maintenance and intense as a friend. It's in her personality. Can you imagine how she responds to a friend doing or saying something she perceives as a slight on her, for example not calling when they said they would. I know some people just don't find their tribe and it isn't necessarily a reflection on them as a person but I expect Alice isn't someone easy to be with for long periods of time.
Defo. She would blast you like a GOT dragon for that I bet

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I suppose Ioan must be heading home shortly for The court appearance at some point, believe he has to attend in person iirc?

Reactions: 3
I suppose Ioan must be heading home shortly for The court appearance at some point, believe he has to attend in person iirc?
he has to attend but not in person

there is the Race to Erase MS thingy in LA in 2 weeks. He regulary attended this with Alice, it would be a wasted opportunity to not go there, so I guess by then?

Reactions: 16
he has to attend but not in person

there is the Race to Erase MS thingy in LA in 2 weeks. He regulary attended this with Alice, it would be a wasted opportunity to not go there, so I guess by then?
Oooh, it would be lovely if they went there, but I assume they would have to be invited?
What if the event invites both Ioan and Alice separately? :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Oooh, it would be lovely if they went there, but I assume they would have to be invited?
What if the event invites both Ioan and Alice separately? :eek:
you buy a ticket as a donation

it's 5k for a couple

you can bet that Alice will probably break down the cost of this and their trip to the UK, plus whatever he missed out by not taking a job during the spring months to moan about how he could have paid with this all the school stuff LOL

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Lovely to see Ioan getting together with his old Pobol y Cwm co-stars yesterday. 😍 You get the feeling there were so many people he wasn’t allowed to meet up with before the split. They mention not having seen him for a very long time.
Where did you find this? ☺ Through a hashtag?

Reactions: 2
Where did you find this? ☺ Through a hashtag?
No, I follow one of the other actors on social media. There’s also this one from about a month ago. B was a hit according to the comments 😊

btw, I’m new and just want to check. I don’t need to blank their faces out if they’re actors and therefore public figures? Tell me if I’m crossing a line!

Also 👋 from a long-time lurker! Good to finally join you.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Considering everything Alice has said directly and by proxy about him ruining his reputation seeing him play the lead in a family show like Doctor Who would be unbelievably awesome 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Lovely to see Ioan getting together with his old Pobol y Cwm co-stars yesterday. 😍 You get the feeling there were so many people he wasn’t allowed to meet up with before the split. They mention not having seen him for a very long time.
He looks fit in that pic 😉

Reactions: 12
BIB - agree very much. Young, she would have been an entertaining acquaintance. Older, she's just crazy.

Friends usually will tolerate a friend's troublesome partner but will use the first opportunity to bail on that partner as soon as things go south.
BIB - also agree, in my experience.

Personal hygiene does go south very quickly in depression. In my case, its brushing teeth first and showering if it gets worse. I use a few things now as indicators of my mental health. As soon as they start happening I take action.
Nightclothes - not so much. I can happily wear them half the day if I'm not going out anywhere. I NEVER wear nightclothes out though.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.