Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #94 Covid negative, but positively desperate for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wanted to share some of my opinion having experienced the LA education system and dealing with parents in the system. You are right of course parents can opt for public education and there are those that do. However I would query whether the courts would see it the same way. Alice could argue that she has settled in the school and any disruption would hurt her well being and education. I once did some legal work for a woman who divorced her husband and he got a court order to stop her from moving 8 miles out of LA. Coming from the UK the way that divorce is handled is very adverserial in the US. Not that it can't be here. But housing, education and health care/ dental care are major bones of contention. Its so prohibitively expensive.

I didn't want to imply I am disparaging the state sector or offend anyone.
I was in state schools as are all my family. Its just there are legitimate crime concerns in LA. But you are right there are options outside of LA County that offer a much more affordable option.
Forgive me for being nosy, but in your work were you dealing with very wealthy people? Despite the fact that both parties in this case are actors and thus public figures, I think money is a serious issue because there doesn't appear to be a lot of it laying around, and the prospect for future big paydays is uncertain.

Reactions: 15
The Judge would have to be reasonable. If IG can't afford it, he can't afford it. AE has no income to speak of so she would be offering 50% of nothing anyway.
I would assume that if a court (if they even go to court for this, it looks like they are negotiating) would rule that the school has to be maintained (bit of a can of worms that the other daughter doesnt get it though) a part would be cut away from what Alice would get from the settlement.

Reactions: 10
Regarding schooling it is not unusual for a very wealthy parent in LA to pay 45,000 dollars in tuition a year. A lot of people in LA don't even earn $45k a year. I doubt Gloria did and mAlice certainly doesn't. I don't know what she got for the DM article or the Lorraine tit show but she has now milked those sources dry.

Of course the kids are entitled to a home and schools - it just has to be affordable and that means selling the house (which IG mostly owns anyway) and going to a cheaper (maybe even free) school. If public schools in LA are tit, that's just another reason to get the hell out of LA.

As for the what they "have been accustomed to", divorces for all but the most wealthy involve financial changes with 2 households to support instead of one. That's just common sense.
There are really excellent public schools everywhere in the US. So it is not a needle in the haystack search if you are looking for a good school. US Today and a number of website gives an annual rating for all High Schools in the US, and some websites even rate elementary schools.
My ones went to a public High School that was rated in top 10 best public high schools the US and we did not even live in a super rich area. Our area would be basic middle class here in the US.
All we paid for were for some extra curricula activities. Our cost for the last one was $600 for the year and he was traveling all over the country for model UN and his extra curricula related activities. Unlike private schools the taxpayers fund the schools. So like I said before you don't need a private school for a good education in the US.
That was for Alice because she thought it would give her an in with the parents. At the kind of private school Ella attended it's usually the nannies or help who do the school drive, so if her plan was to use that as her in card, it was dead in the water from the beginning.

Reactions: 14
and now she has removed the implication that she has to pay all alone for her kids lol
411r0Nz.png

"single mom" is fine btw, many do define this as a mom without partner, "sole parent" would be a different matter

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The Judge would have to be reasonable. If IG can't afford it, he can't afford it. AE has no income to speak of so she would be offering 50% of nothing anyway.
In our office we dealt with mediation and conflict resolution. My remit was often to find some common ground between parties but unfortunately I found it very difficult if it was an acrimonious divorce as this one certainly is. When I first started working there was a much bigger culture shock than I had thought there would be. So for example my parents divorced
Forgive me for being nosy, but in your work were you dealing with very wealthy people? Despite the fact that both parties in this case are actors and thus public figures, I think money is a serious issue because there doesn't appear to be a lot of it laying around, and the prospect for future big paydays is uncertain.
Yes I worked dealing with compiling legal papers and also mediation and conflict resolution. Some clients were very wealthy. Others were dentists and doctors. However the biggest adjustment was dealing with parents who would not accept that they had to curtail their lifestyle and spending. Explaining to someone who has had unlimited use of credit cards and funds that they can no longer spend at the same rate was an experience. Lol. Also they are aided in this belief by the court and legal system. Children as we all know adapt quickly and are naturally resilient and cope with change. They just want to see and love both parents. The legal system in LA is very adversarial
because its so profitable for the lawyers.

Reactions: 18
famed alumni include Betty White, Max Mutchnick, Angelina Jolie, Nicolas Cage and Barry Diller (no idea who Max Mutchnick is)
I know who he is. Now, he's a big time US sitcom producer, but I met him back in the day when a friend of mine was a guest actor on one of his early sitcoms. Nice guy, kinda nerdy. Next time I saw him was on TV as he was accepting the Emmy for producing Will & Grace. Who knew?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There are plenty of neighbourhoods in LA with good schools. They could have chosen to move to one of those when they had kids. There are even some top rated public schools where they currently live, so I wonder why the kids can't be attending one of those. Not everyone - despite the ability to afford it - opts for private, even in LA. Ioan has an excellent chance of obtaining full custody if he obtains a PRO as that would count heavily against her. As for the education they have been accustomed to, I believe the oldest daughter has only been attending this private school for a year and that seemed to be a unilateral decision by Alice. So it's not really what they have been accustomed to.
West Hollywod High is free and has a ton of Oscar winners who went their

Reactions: 10
Btw, since Alice has an "everything goes" clause on her Cameos, can someone order a video of her just talking nice about Ioan for 5 minutes?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
and now she has removed the implication that she has to pay all alone for her kids lol
View attachment 1223066
"single mom" is fine btw, many do define this as a mom without partner, "sole parent" would be a different matter
And cameo link gone as a result. She really is pretty bad at advertising that it's available (and pretty bad at actually following through with the orders but I digress!)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
1.) Alice wants the "fun parent" award, so do what they want, not what is good for them. She has alluded to this multiple times both in text and on twitter
2.) Probably out of principle she does the opposite of what Ioan wants, one out of spite, one to shame him to the kids

it's not wrong to disagree on learning matters, but to not even try it, then shame him for being a proper parent that enforces something important the kid may not like (who of us liked this anyway), and then shaming him months later for not caring....I just can't imagine that anyone can co-parent with someone like this. Way too many examples of her being inept. Probably why she so desperately wants to be a single mom.
Alice is alot like the parents that went on This Morning (Phil &Holly) with the idea that there parenting was better then everyone elses and one of the feral children promptly did a wee on the studio floor, it did remind me of Blue Peter with the elephant taking a dump...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1223066
She is a single woman. "Single mom" implies the dad has done a runner and offers no support at all as many are wont to do. Deliberately misleading for pity points from her "fans" who won't even start a GoFundMe for poor mAlice.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I just wanted to share some of my opinion having experienced the LA education system and dealing with parents in the system. You are right of course parents can opt for public education and there are those that do. However I would query whether the courts would see it the same way. Alice could argue that she has settled in the school and any disruption would hurt her well being and education. I once did some legal work for a woman who divorced her husband and he got a court order to stop her from moving 8 miles out of LA. Coming from the UK the way that divorce is handled is very adverserial in the US. Not that it can't be here. But housing, education and health care/ dental care are major bones of contention. Its so prohibitively expensive.

I was in state schools as are all my family. Its just there are legitimate crime concerns in LA. But you are right there are options outside of LA County that offer a much more affordable option.
I am in LA and there are certainly far more affordable schooling options within LA itself and most definitely within LA County. It is my understanding that Ella has spent very little time at the new ultra expensive private school. I do not think for one moment any judge will expect Ioan to pay for a status school they can't afford. Yes, there are crime issues here, no doubt. But there are plenty of academic options that don't require either of the girls to go to school in high crime dangerous areas. In fact, the Gruffudd/Evans house is in a statistically rather high crime area. West Hollywood has changed quite a lot in recent years and not for the better, IMO. I know because I live nearby. We're actually discussing a move ourselves.

Regarding healthcare costs. I imagine Ioan will still cover the girls health insurance so Alice will eventually be looking for a plan for herself. This is just speculation, of course. She can register with Covered California (healthcare exchange) and find a plan based on her income. If she qualifies for any government assistance/subsidy, she can get a decent plan that's affordable. I hope she's able to do this. I imagine if the prenup holds, her income would give her some good options. You're absolutely right about health insurance here. The costs are generally prohibitive indeed.

Thanks for your personal insight. You make some valid points.

ETA: Crime increase in West Hollywood.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
While this isn't a political thread, and generally I avoid posting politics, I personally feel that support of certain policies or political figures is indicative of a person's character and pretty much a shorthand of who they are. As you know I am in agreement with your assessment of the former White House incumbent, and support of that particular individual (irrespective of the current incumbent) tells me all I need to know about them and I won't be inviting them around for tea
I’m with you on this @Knitwit

• Heart
Reactions: 7

It would be different if she had been in a private school for her entire academic life and if that was still so when the case goes to a judge. But she is not going back next year and I don't believe, based on one year's tenure at one school and its financial implications, that a judge can force Ioan to put her back into that school.

It's important to remember there is nothing court authorized in place now - no custody, child or spousal support (and that is dictated by the pre-nup). So it's not like they agreed to something Ioan is now reneging on.

Reactions: 18
heh, I just checked the site. I see loads of pictures with BAME/BME/POCs.

I guess it's the same reason why anything less than Brentwood isn't acceptable.
What a surprise! Not 😡

Reactions: 2
@lulooo
many thanks for your book recommendation - got the book today and am enjoying it! 🌹 🌹 🌹
"A series of Crystal encyclopaedias by Judy Hall, has good photos of each Crystal and a comprehensive guide to their properties and uses. My go to books for Crystal info"

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am in LA and there are certainly far more affordable schooling options within LA itself and most definitely within LA County. It is my understanding that Ella has spent very little time at the new ultra expensive private school. I do not think for one moment any judge will expect Ioan to pay for a status school they can't afford. Yes, there are crime issues here, no doubt. But there are plenty of academic options that don't require either of the girls to go to school in high crime dangerous areas. In fact, the Gruffudd/Evans house is in a statistically rather high crime area. West Hollywood has changed quite a lot in recent years and not for the better, IMO. I know because I live nearby. We're actually planning a move ourselves.

Regarding healthcare costs. I imagine Ioan will still cover the girls health insurance so Alice will eventually be looking for a plan for herself. This is just speculation, of course. She can register with Covered California (healthcare exchange) and find a plan based on her income. If she qualifies for any government assistance/subsidy, she can get a decent plan that's affordable. I imagine if the prenup holds, her income would give her some good options. You're absolutely right about health insurance here. The costs are generally prohibitive indeed.

Thanks for your insight.
Thankyou for commenting and your thoughtful post. I think I could have conveyed what I meant better and more thoroughly. There are some wonderful public schools in LA. Of course Beverly Hills High School.

I was just trying to give some insight into what I think her legal team may file. Its not a case of where they can live and where her children can go to school it's what her lawyers can argue that they should have.

Her legal team could assert that leaving the school will harm her social, mental and educational well being. Now of course I think this is a tactic and she could find just as good an education elsewhere for much cheaper or entirely free. But I think this could sway the judge.

A year isn't a very long time as another person posted here. However I think a judge could decide in her favour regarding schooling because she can argue she is settled ,has made friends and is flourishing. Ions team will say and argue that its too expensive and he simply can't afford it. There is also the pandemic where all actors and entertainers income was severely refuced and he will of course be able to prove that.

They do have a pre nup I believe. This goes massively in his favour as although they are challenged very rarely are they overturned. One of the biggest issues I dealt with was when I personally felt a person was being categorically unreasonable in the negotiations BUT the judge did not always find that. Although toxic divorces like this are rare the court system seems to provide a lot of latitude towards them. Child support and spousal support were other massive issues but again Alice will claim that as the stay at home parent that she requires a certain amount. And that she has sacrificed a portion of her high earning years as an actress to be a stay at home parent. Now as laughable and incredulous as that is to us given her carrying on she can make a good case as to that affect. I do not know who is advising her as she really needs to go radio silent completely.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.