Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #94 Covid negative, but positively desperate for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A slight merail so I apologise - those of you in the know - can you be dyslexic when it comes to spelling only and be okay at reading? Like, you can read quite fluently but misspell basic words that you can read correctly?
Again apologies but looking for opinions πŸ™πŸ»
Umm, yes I reckon. I think it's about how the info comes out rather than goes in if that makes sense. I'm not dyslexic though so I maybe talking tosh.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wait, is her plan to earn her lifestyle AND her children's college money with Cameo? Girl! The amount of orders she gets there wouldn't even keep me afloat and I don't live in WH and edicatuon here is free.

Reactions: 19
Wait, is her plan to earn her lifestyle AND her children's college money with Cameo? Girl! The amount of orders she gets there wouldn't even keep me afloat and I don't live in WH and edicatuon here is free.
Just speculating... if Alice had instead put the money she spends on wine alone into trust funds for the girls she would have put aside enough to (almost) pay for their college.

Alice has shown she never had any idea how to plan for the future - just expected IG to fork over any funds needed, for someone else to take care of her, etc.
I was never a drinker but I did start a trust fund after each of my children were born. I lean on the frugal side of spending. Instead of spending exorbitant amounts on my girls for Christmas, birthdays, clothes (chosing to not "keep up with the Jones' and as our relatives did for their children) I allotted a small amount for these occassions and put the remaining of what others might have spent into each of their trust funds. The balance needed was covered by scholarships for their tuition.

As adults they each thanked me saying that usually the enjoyment of gifts (birthdays, Christmas, etc.) lasts only a short time and that they experienced much less stress than their peers when the time for college/university tuition came.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I just wanted to comment on custody and cost of living in LA. Regarding schooling it is not unusual for a parent in LA to pay 45,000 dollars in tuition a year. Also factoring in after school clubs, extra tuition, music lessons and even meals. That's just for one child. We are so fortunate that there are so many amazing state schools in the UK. Unfortunately in LA this is not the case , they are gang ridden and crime ridden. How they got that way is another story and I don't want to derail.
I do not know about their divorce etc but regarding schools and housing Alice has a good case imo. However its clear she does not listen at all. California is a 50/50 state. That's the norm, and for a parent to get full custody at least permanently is very rare. As courts in LA claim not to discriminate in tes of gender. There is also an emphasis on children having and maintaining a quality of life and education they have been accustomed to.

I just wanted to comment on custody and cost of living in LA. Regarding schooling it is not unusual for a parent in LA to pay 45,000 dollars in tuition a year. Also factoring in after school clubs, extra tuition, music lessons and even meals. That's just for one child. We are so fortunate that there are so many amazing state schools in the UK. Unfortunately in LA this is not the case , they are gang ridden and crime ridden. How they got that way is another story and I don't want to derail.
I do not know about their divorce etc but regarding schools and housing Alice has a good case imo. However its clear she does not listen at all. California is a 50/50 state. That's the norm, and for a parent to get full custody at least permanently is very rare. As courts in LA claim not to discriminate in tes of gender. There is also an emphasis on children having and maintaining a quality of life and education they have been accustomed to.
they entred the eldest into the private school just last year when the divorce had already started (and it seems like he didn't really want to), I don't think that you can claim here that this is the education they are accustomed to. The youngest is still in public school.

As for the house: they have a prenup. They also aren't really rich, so I'm not sure if a court would force Ioan to spend more than he can afford. The divorce seems to be pretty expensive given that Alice rejected a collaborative divorce and her constant behavior the past year (e.g. defaming him in public, harrasement, Parental Alienation, etc.) forcing Ioan to take legal action.

Reactions: 25
There are plenty of neighbourhoods in LA with good schools. They could have chosen to move to one of those when they had kids. There are even some top rated public schools where they currently live, so I wonder why the kids can't be attending one of those. Not everyone - despite the ability to afford it - opts for private, even in LA. Ioan has an excellent chance of obtaining full custody if he obtains a PRO as that would count heavily against her. As for the education they have been accustomed to, I believe the oldest daughter has only been attending this private school for a year and that seemed to be a unilateral decision by Alice. So it's not really what they have been accustomed to.

Reactions: 22
I just wanted to comment on custody and cost of living in LA. Regarding schooling it is not unusual for a parent in LA to pay 45,000 dollars in tuition a year.

I do not know about their divorce etc but regarding schools and housing Alice has a good case imo.

There is also an emphasis on children having and maintaining a quality of life and education they have been accustomed to.
Regarding schooling it is not unusual for a very wealthy parent in LA to pay 45,000 dollars in tuition a year. A lot of people in LA don't even earn $45k a year. I doubt Gloria did and mAlice certainly doesn't. I don't know what she got for the DM article or the Lorraine tit show but she has now milked those sources dry.

Of course the kids are entitled to a home and schools - it just has to be affordable and that means selling the house (which IG mostly owns anyway) and going to a cheaper (maybe even free) school. If public schools in LA are tit, that's just another reason to get the hell out of LA.

As for the what they "have been accustomed to", divorces for all but the most wealthy involve financial changes with 2 households to support instead of one. That's just common sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Like anywhere not everyone is wealthy in LA and like the UK there are going to be good and bad schools. Ella has only had one year in private school. Alice has to find the school first and then move to get into the school district, she has to up sticks anyway so the school should be her guide. Many wealthy parents choose to send their kids to public schools.

Top 15 L.A. Public High Schools for Hollywood Families – The Hollywood Reporter
'For The Hollywood Reporter's list of the best L.A. public high schools for Hollywood families, education consultants and dozens of industry parents β€” many of whom can afford to send their kids to private schools β€” provided input. Schools were selected according to track records of getting kids into elite colleges and also by proximity to most entertainment companies'.

Fun fact. The photograph of swim gym in the article is from Beverly Hills High school and it in It's a Wonderful Life when the floor parted at the school dance and they all fell in the water. Pretty amazing that the film was made in 1946 and they had that technology then and it is still in use. Lots of famous people went to Beverly Hills High

famed alumni include Betty White, Max Mutchnick, Angelina Jolie, Nicolas Cage and Barry Diller
(no idea who Max Mutchnick is)

Reactions: 8
I just wanted to share some of my opinion having experienced the LA education system and dealing with parents in the system. You are right of course parents can opt for public education and there are those that do. However I would query whether the courts would see it the same way. Alice could argue that she has settled in the school and any disruption would hurt her well being and education. I once did some legal work for a woman who divorced her husband and he got a court order to stop her from moving 8 miles out of LA. Coming from the UK the way that divorce is handled is very adverserial in the US. Not that it can't be here. But housing, education and health care/ dental care are major bones of contention. Its so prohibitively expensive.

I didn't want to imply I am disparaging the state sector or offend anyone.
I was in state schools as are all my family. Its just there are legitimate crime concerns in LA. But you are right there are options outside of LA County that offer a much more affordable option.

I just wanted to share some of my opinion having experienced the LA education system and dealing with parents in the system. You are right of course parents can opt for public education and there are those that do. However I would query whether the courts would see it the same way. Alice could argue that she has settled in the school and any disruption would hurt her well being and education. I once did some legal work for a woman who divorced her husband and he got a court order to stop her from moving 8 miles out of LA. Coming from the UK the way that divorce is handled is very adverserial in the US. Not that it can't be here. But housing, education and health care/ dental care are major bones of contention. Its so prohibitively expensive.

I was in state schools as are all my family. Its just there are legitimate crime concerns in LA. But you are right there are options outside of LA County that offer a much more affordable option.
But what can the courts do if private education is too expensive? Would they try to force Ioan to pay beyond his means or would they say 50-50, in which case Alice would all of a sudden discover that private ed is bad for the girls anyway?

Reactions: 10

BIB x2
I'm a bit confused - did you or did you not attend schools within the US system?

Your using "state" is what confuses me because in the United States, the term state school is colloquial for state university, a college, or a university in a state university system. Instead, the term public school is used for elementary, middle, and high schools funded and/or run by a governmental entity.

Reactions: 10
Sorry I meant state as in state schools in the UK, what would be called public schools I'm America. I lived and worked in America. Now back in the UK. Apologies I should have been clearer.

Reactions: 6
BRILLIANT πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Whoever did this I Loooooovvvveee you!
πŸ‘ŒπŸ€£
I’ve tried to look but I can’t find it … but I’m sure I remember someone famous passing and someone updated their Wikipedia to say they had written the song β€˜I get knocked down’ by Tubthumping and they were reading it out on the news and stuff … but it was like the last thing they’d be known for πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 7
But what can the courts do if private education is too expensive? Would they try to force Ioan to pay beyond his means or would they say 50-50, in which case Alice would all of a sudden discover that private ed is bad for the girls anyway?
The Judge would have to be reasonable. If IG can't afford it, he can't afford it. AE has no income to speak of so she would be offering 50% of nothing anyway.

Reactions: 12

You made an interesting point, I've read that some public schools in the US have metal scanners to try and stop guns from being brought in and see-through backpacks were a suggested solution to schools shootings, but Alice does have options though she likes to pretend otherwise. There are good public schools, she just has to find one.
There are a lot more things to be litigated in a US divorce than a UK divorce but the fact is that Ella was only in private school for a year and if Ioan can't afford it, he can't afford it and no amount of litigation is going to change that. Alice could find a school outside of the LA school district, I can't see that would be an issue for Ioan particularly as he has to be away on location for work anyway, it would only be problematic for the school run when the girls are with him and if he chooses not to move. Alice has to leave the house so she should let the school be her guide. It's not going to be easy, she already decided she didn't want Ella to go to the local public school so she will also have to find a good nearby elementary for Elsie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.