Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #94 Covid negative, but positively desperate for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, that doesn't look like anything she "invented". More likely something sent home by or recommended by the school. Who does she think she's kidding? Besides the dimbulbs on her Instagram.
Dimbulbs 😂 why did that make me think of Chinese food 🤨😂🍸🍸🥢🥡
Sending massive love to all turds on this sunny day from lytham …. Look up to the sky take a deep breath and think how fabulous we all are fucko’s ❤💩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
especially since she never even remotely did it like this before the divorce, even during her most peaceful days online.

too bad that she falls out of the act by writing something in an empathic tone and still making it about herself though
You're right this is why I think she's been creeping on BW Instagram. The angry combative tone is why I started to strongly dislike her! Somebody would give her constructive advice in a really nice way then she would bite their head off. Very odd .

Reactions: 11
Dimbulbs 😂 why did that make me think of Chinese food 🤨😂🍸🍸🥢🥡
Sending massive love to all turds on this sunny day from lytham …. Look up to the sky take a deep breath and think how fabulous we all are fucko’s ❤💩
It's pishing of rain here and I washed my hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
We went through this my little girl hated reading , found it really difficult. School didn't seem to really care they said she was a dreamer. You have to push and push, we took her to an optometrist then did the toe by toe manual which is very repetitive but does really work. We paid £600 and she got her diagnosis of dyslexia which gave the right to accomodations at school. Extra support , her name on the SEN school register, a scribe for future exams and extra time. She could afford an assessment I don't know why she doesn't do it! I would draw the line at sending my daughter into school on a Saturday though.

With support my daughter who was on blue books was free reading by the end of the academic year. She still hates reading fiction books so I don't force it on her, she chooses non fiction to read. Reading is so important since she's learnt to read properly her school work has improved hugely as how can you do the work correctly if you cannot read?
My younger one also hated reading. She was diagnosed as having difficulty alternating between near and far points (from desk to blackboard and back to desk). She saw her optomologist weekly for more than a year and had 7-8 daily exercises to help rectify her problem. She still hated reading until she had something to read that she enjoyed.

"The ability to focus and converge the eyes from far point to a near point is necessary during school and may show up as the first sign of a vision difficulty. All too often, children appear to have a learning disability or attention problems when the real culprit is poor visual processing skills." (quoted from an online vision center)

Little E might not have any visual obstacle to overcome but Alice should be concerned enough to have a professional examine her child's eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We went through this my little girl hated reading , found it really difficult. School didn't seem to really care they said she was a dreamer. You have to push and push, we took her to an optometrist then did the toe by toe manual which is very repetitive but does really work. We paid £600 and she got her diagnosis of dyslexia which gave the right to accomodations at school. Extra support , her name on the SEN school register, a scribe for future exams and extra time. She could afford an assessment I don't know why she doesn't do it! I would draw the line at sending my daughter into school on a Saturday though.

With support my daughter who was on blue books was free reading by the end of the academic year. She still hates reading fiction books so I don't force it on her, she chooses non fiction to read. Reading is so important since she's learnt to read properly her school work has improved hugely as how can you do the work correctly if you cannot read?
Exactly, if you can't read you can't learn. Hats off to you for doing all you could to advance your daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly, that doesn't look like anything she "invented". More likely something sent home by or recommended by the school. Who does she think she's kidding? Besides the dimbulbs on her Instagram.
Oh, she deffo didn't make it. Not a foam letter or plastic dolls head in sight. What a silly fucko

• Haha
It must be rather stressful and distracting for any child to have a mother like Alice. I can't imagine she doesn't get bullied at all.

• Sad
It must be rather stressful and distracting for any child to have a mother like Alice. I can't imagine she doesn't get bullied at all.
if these kids didnt get bullied for 1.) Alice's behavior or 2.) "Daddy abandoned you" (which wouldnt be much to talk about if Alice hadnt regulary pushed this narrative in public) they live in the most civilized part of the world.

but apparently the kids in the school enrichment program are nasty, and in Ella's previous school, so

Reactions: 16

Side-note that I love this. I’m so glad she received a diagnosis and also that she’s doing well and is FREE-READING! That’s usually when you know you’ve made it over the hurdle, for the most part. Also, I read mostly non-fic books, too. I mean I do read fiction from time to time because sometimes I love a good story, but I do love my non-fiction. May she blossom even further with each new read! 💜 Books are the truth.

I personally wouldn’t mind the intensive attendance requirement, i.e. meeting on weekends and before/after class. But that’s just because mama was an educator for a loooooong time and anyone with an educator for a parent tends to know that they take their kids’ education particularly seriously (as well as their insistence that you respect your teachers at all times lmao, I practically hugged mine after every school day at mama’s command 😩 It was fine tho, I loved ‘em). This isn’t to suggest that non-educator parents don’t value their children’s academic progress; it’s just usually really, uh, “noticeable” and maybe a bit more pressurized in teacher-mama and teacher-papa situations. I see it in Ioan, for sure, from his headmaster father.

In my opinion, if the program has been proven effective AND if the children who attend it don’t suffer from burnout or prolonged emotional upset then I’m not taken aback by the thought of Elsie working over the weekend. Her education comes first (in my eyes, at least, I’m not her mama and have no ruling over any decisions, of course). My main concern would be burnout, because overworking kids sure as tit comes with risks. But if it’s all good then so am I. 😎

Last edited:
  • Heart
In relation to the last post made by AE. It looks like Ioan wanted little E to do “beyond the bell”which seems to be an after/before school and weekend enrichment program. ALICE SUGGESTS HE SHOULD APOLOGISE FOR ENCOURAGING THIS FOR HIS DAUGHTER.

View attachment 1219528
View attachment 1219529
Why would she not want something like this for her daughter?! My son gets additional support in maths and I fought hard to get it for him and he has really come on leaps and bounds and will be doing the higher GCSE paper in the next couple of months.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think the issue in this case is that you have both parents recognising a problem and one that wants to access help and one that won’t. Both my kids are tutored in maths and English and love it. We tried kumon they hated it. I hated it. So we stopped after a few months, but both love the one on one learning and to do it not with me. Perhaps beyond the bell isn’t ideal and pushing kids to do something they don’t like isn’t a good idea. But is it really true she didn’t like it or was it Alices excuse. There would be so many places they could access for further help if Alice want to. But it means organising, dedicating a timeframe to it and being sober to pick up and drop off the child.

• Heart
My younger one also hated reading. She was diagnosed as having difficulty alternating between near and far points (from desk to blackboard and back to desk). She saw her optomologist weekly for more than a year and had 7-8 daily exercises to help rectify her problem. She still hated reading until she had something to read that she enjoyed.

"The ability to focus and converge the eyes from far point to a near point is necessary during school and may show up as the first sign of a vision difficulty. All too often, children appear to have a learning disability or attention problems when the real culprit is poor visual processing skills." (quoted from an online vision center)

Little E might not have any visual obstacle to overcome but Alice should be concerned enough to have a professional examine her child's eyes.
I was diagnosed with dyslexia later in life when I was 27 and 2nd year at uni. It can be harder to pickup in girls as we are natural problem solvers and find ways to work around a problem. It was also discovered that I has Irlens syndrome which can accompany dyslexia. So if I'm reading off a white background the words don't stay in place and can be blurry, but if I use a blue background the words stay in place, are sharp and more focused so I read faster and better.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why would she not want something like this for her daughter?! My son gets additional support in maths and I fought hard to get it for him and he has really come on leaps and bounds and will be doing the higher GCSE paper in the next couple of months.
We mustn't forget that Ioan was a terrible father, insisting on working to earn money, suggesting his children say 'thank you' and stick to prior arrangements, and even trying to ensure they receive proper educational support. He's clearly evil.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I was diagnosed with dyslexia later in life when I was 27 and 2nd year at uni. It can be harder to pickup in girls as we are natural problem solvers and find ways to work around a problem. It was also discovered that I has Irlens syndrome which can accompany dyslexia. So if I'm reading off a white background the words don't stay in place and can be blurry, but if I use a blue background the words stay in place, are sharp and more focused so I read faster and better.
yes! I'd forgotten - she had to use a blue background also!
ETA: she used a transparent plastic shield (shaded in light blue) to place over the page for reading

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
yes! I'd forgotten - she had to use a blue background also!
ETA: she used a transparent plastic shield (shaded in light blue) to place over the page for reading
Yes we call them overlays and they help a lot. I've a blue I use for text books or papers I can't alter the colours too. If I'm using word I change the page colour. There are so many things available now to help people learn and to learn in a way suitable for them. AE is clearly not doing what is best for those children within their wellbeing, education and daily lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
1.) Alice wants the "fun parent" award, so do what they want, not what is good for them. She has alluded to this multiple times both in text and on twitter
2.) Probably out of principle she does the opposite of what Ioan wants, one out of spite, one to shame him to the kids

it's not wrong to disagree on learning matters, but to not even try it, then shame him for being a proper parent that enforces something important the kid may not like (who of us liked this anyway), and then shaming him months later for not caring....I just can't imagine that anyone can co-parent with someone like this. Way too many examples of her being inept. Probably why she so desperately wants to be a single mom.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Someone with a sock Instagram check out Alices story and report back. Bags not I don’t have a sock account . FYI she can see who looks at it.

Reactions: 3
If Alice is a Narc, everything her child does reflects on her. She does not see them as autonomous individuals, they are her property. So if Elsie needs help with learning, in Alice's eyes this will reflect badly on her, as everything has got to be about Alice. She wants to be seen as the smartest person in the room, so her attitude to Elsie does not surprise me.

I agree with Veevee, little E may benefit from a dyslexia assessment. An eye assessment for Irlens syndrome should also be done, but not all dyslexics have this. My son has dyslexia, but not irlens syndrome. He is fine reading against a white background.

Also, my state school educated dyslexic son is scoring very high grades accross the whole curriculum, and even though he is only 12 he has a reading age of 16 years 9 months. Dyslexia does not mean the child is stupid , lazy or less able. He struggles with handwriting and processing speed, so he will qualify for additional time in exams and use of laptop. We have really landed on our feet with his school, it has a very strict behaviour policy so disruption in the classroom is clamped down on hard, this means my son can concentrate. Also, they teach every student in the same way, which is a dyslexia- friendly way of teaching, universally successful for neuro-typical and neuro-diverse. Alice should let the school put the additional support in, get Elsie assessed and then watch her fly.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.