Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #88 More socks than in a department store, Alice doesn't believe less is more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People can be friends even if they hold opposite political opinions.
This quote of mine got some people angry, and I can see why you would think Alice is a hypocrite, but in truth it's possible she is bickering with her friends about politics too.

This is perhaps me projecting, because I do that a lot. I have a lot of friends with very different political views and we argue a lot if the topic is politics. Yet we remain close.

My FB feed is a bloodbath, tho, when opposites find each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree. I think it also bugs the hell out of her that Yo is with a woman who has a serious disease. This isn't just about sex, he's committed.
Alice won't ever own that she drove Yo away with her foul abuse & addictions, it's way easier to blame B who in her mind somehow brainwashed & lured poor defenceless Yo against his will! But then she never saw him or treated him as a person in his own right with his own feelings & needs, etc.
It also contradicts the image of Ioan that she's been trying to force on everyone. She offers no context for any of these things she claims he said to her regarding her 'fibro'. The only thing she's done is try to make him look like the most uncaring, unsupportive husband who would merely see her as a 'burden' because she supposedly has fibromyalgia... Yet of all the women in the world Ioan could've gone for, he's gone for an unknown woman dealing with the visible and invisible challenges of living with aggressive Multiple Sclerosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This. How narcissistic do you have to be to think that someone who is out there seeing the world would spend hours online insulting her boyfriend's ex? Why would the 'winner' spend a second of her time needling the 'loser'? It makes no sense, unless you are the kind of person who would do that.

Now, if you think a friend of the new partner might be out there doing that without being asked or welcomed, maybe so.
I dou for one second Alice thinks there's any truth in it but it's enough to put it out there to gain media attention and attacks on Bianca's character. Let's not forget the statement Bianca put out to deny the accusations. I believe Bianca when she says she only ever uses her social media for positive actions.

Reactions: 20
I dou for one second Alice thinks there's any truth in it but it's enough to put it out there to gain media attention and attacks on Bianca's character. Let's not forget the statement Bianca put out to deny the accusations. I believe Bianca when she says she only ever uses her social media for positive actions.
Alice said she doesn't use sock accounts (she doesn't even know how to create them!), yet we know that is a lie. So to Alice Bianca denying she has sock accounts is an obvious lie. EVERYONE has sock accounts, probably, in Alice's world.

Reactions: 30
With respect, it’s down to Bianca to decide whether it’s the best thing that ever happened to her. It’s not for anyone else to say her opinion about her own life is outright wrong.

I don’t like toxic positivity, it’s very much the opposite of the approach I favour, and can find it quite patronising and sickening when it’s applied to someone else’s situation by the speaker. The people who tell someone who’s child has cancer that it’s for the greater good or someone who has lost their home that it’s all part of a plan or who urge everyone forcefully and constantly to look on the bright side. While online dating I instantly rejected anyone who had the kind of glib ‘life’s short so have fun’ ‘don’t take life too seriously’ quotes.

but i’ve noticed Bianca doesn’t try and apply toxic positivity to others, she embodies positivity and chooses to view her own life and experiences through a lens of positivity, as is her right. I don‘t see her trying to walk around telling others to feel how she does.

As I’ve grown older I’ve found that often the people who are extremely ‘positive’ and share motivational cheesy quotes are the ones who rely on it to help them cope with and live with their own traumas, and I can’t fault them for that.
I get what you mean but I just find it fake myself.
We all have different opinions :)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.