Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #88 More socks than in a department store, Alice doesn't believe less is more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Hugh Grant is in talks to be the new Dr Who. He would be perfect.
Hugh Grant 'is in talks to take over from Jodie Whittaker in Doctor Who' | Daily Mail Online
Hmm. Apart from Eccleston and of course Whitaker; the rest going back to Hartnell have been middle class white males. I’m sure Russell T is more adventurous than that 🤔. Also not sure Hugh would want all the press attention that goes with being the Doctor 🤔

Reactions: 1
View attachment 1137914
a) how does she know where they've been sleeping? 😂 and b) the way she tries to connect things that have no connection is freaking hilarious. How dare they share a bed when he's left me! 😂
She needs to make her mind up, in those 113 pages of abuse she wrote she wished he go away and stop bothering them, now he's gone no contact and it's wrong. So which is it to be Alice? 🤔
Any stick to beat him with springs to mind.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I think homely has a different meaning to a British person than in the US. I will see if I can find a definition.

Found this - homely in uk doesn’t mean unattractive like it does in the us.
I’m a Brit: homely here doesn’t mean unattractive, it means plain. Like someone who is a bit dumpy, plain dresser, glasses, mouse brown centre parted no fringe lank hair. That kinda thing.

She seems really, really anxious in that video. It does make me think of mental illness. Maybe that's how the drinking started, to cope. Who knows.
Interesting, she looks pretty at ease to me and not anxious at all! I think it’s always weird seeing red carpet posing as normally you end up seeing the stills but to get those there’s an awful lot of wooden holding a pose and moving around into artificial poses. I thought she looked in her element. In her mind she’s probably still that actor starlet who people clamour to get photos of.

Reactions: 7
Yesterday I re-read all 113 pages & it still chills me. The mental toll to be on the receiving end of non stop abuse day after day, (one day she sent 30 texts in 5 hours) for a year & the abuse is still ongoing. Those 113 pages didn't even include all her voice/video messages.
I bet 'Marjorie' put in an appearance.

I hope someone showed that cow Lorraine this part as she was responsible for allowing an abuser to go on National TV & continue her abuse.
All because she couldn't be arsed to do any research of Alice's SM. Can't stand this woman.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 120928.png

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Alice has a history of looking badly/inappropriately on the red carpet. To my mind this is the worst. There is even a stain (wine?) on her dress. It's for a Gala in 2015.
View attachment 1137461hub
She literally has the worst sense of style I think I’ve ever seen on anyone. She swings and misses pretty much every single time. It must have been so embarrassing for Ioan.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah I have a friend like this, toxic positivity.
She could find out she had cancer and she would find some reason why it is the best thing that happened to her.
She gaslights herself.
It’s good Bianca doesn’t let it depress her but it’s not the best thing that ever happened to her.
(Biancas MS)
With respect, it’s down to Bianca to decide whether it’s the best thing that ever happened to her. It’s not for anyone else to say her opinion about her own life is outright wrong.

I don’t like toxic positivity, it’s very much the opposite of the approach I favour, and can find it quite patronising and sickening when it’s applied to someone else’s situation by the speaker. The people who tell someone who’s child has cancer that it’s for the greater good or someone who has lost their home that it’s all part of a plan or who urge everyone forcefully and constantly to look on the bright side. While online dating I instantly rejected anyone who had the kind of glib ‘life’s short so have fun’ ‘don’t take life too seriously’ quotes.

but i’ve noticed Bianca doesn’t try and apply toxic positivity to others, she embodies positivity and chooses to view her own life and experiences through a lens of positivity, as is her right. I don‘t see her trying to walk around telling others to feel how she does.

As I’ve grown older I’ve found that often the people who are extremely ‘positive’ and share motivational cheesy quotes are the ones who rely on it to help them cope with and live with their own traumas, and I can’t fault them for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Alice has a history of looking badly/inappropriately on the red carpet. To my mind this is the worst. There is even a stain (wine?) on her dress. It's for a Gala in 2015.
View attachment 1137461hub
What is that dirt on her left index finger? 🤔 Alice’s pencil thin nose job makes her face look harsh and ruined her smile. And the lip fillers didn’t help. Notice I’m trying not to be nasty. Courtesy of me spending most of the day in my garden yesterday. 🌸🌷

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My beloved alcoholic Aunt used to visit and ask us kids to fill her glass about half full of water. Then she would take it into the bathroom with her purse and a flask filled with vodka and come out with a full glass of "water".

Do you think this is what Alice means?

*It's okay to laugh. She had many reasons. We've grieved. We are at the "remember when we said we would laugh about this?" point.
I used to go visit my mum and she’d be happily telling me she’d given up the booze and was only on water now and swigging from a water glass, then she’d go to the kitchen and I’d sniff her glass and it’d be neat vodka. She got through over a litre of neat vodka per day by the end and lost the ability to walk as her legs couldn’t support her. It’s a horrible, horrible way to go. I’m confident alice is aware her drinking is problematic, but she just isn’t at a place yet where she is ready or willing to do anything about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
What is that dirt on her left index finger? 🤔 Alice’s pencil thin nose job makes her face look harsh and ruined her smile. And the lip fillers didn’t help. Notice I’m trying not to be nasty. Courtesy of me spending most of the day in my garden yesterday. 🌸🌷
I've noticed that in a lot of photos (incl' red carpet) she wasn't wearing a wedding ring or anything on her ring finger.
Often wondered why when Yo always wore his.

• Wow
Hmm. Apart from Eccleston and of course Whitaker; the rest going back to Hartnell have been middle class white males. I’m sure Russell T is more adventurous than that 🤔. Also not sure Hugh would want all the press attention that goes with being the Doctor 🤔
Russell T Davies offered Hugh the part after seeing him in a Comic Relief sketch as the Dr, Hugh turned it down and later said he regretted doing so. Hugh has really upped his game on the acting front, he is very good in A Very British Scandal, I think he would be perfect, plus love the way he nails Boris and Piers on Twitter, he is hiliarous

Yeah I just decided to compare them 🤣. Alice tries to do humour and most of the time fails at it as she can’t read the room. Bianca is more understated humour. Actually I’ve had a bit of a laugh at some of her posting where she slips up and says something funny about it. I think BW in her own secure circle would be quite funny but not out in the big wide world where she keeps getting ripped to shreds yet.
I saw the humor in Bianca when she couldn’t stop laughing at Bubba Bear in the doggy shoes. I’m the same way with my own doggo. In my home with friends and family I’m a complete nut. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I used to go visit my mum and she’d be happily telling me she’d given up the booze and was only on water now and swigging from a water glass, then she’d go to the kitchen and I’d sniff her glass and it’d be neat vodka. She got through over a litre of neat vodka per day by the end and lost the ability to walk as her legs couldn’t support her. It’s a horrible, horrible way to go. I’m confident alice is aware her drinking is problematic, but she just isn’t at a place yet where she is ready or willing to do anything about it.
I'm so sorry you had to witness this. 😞 Big hugs to you, ❤ xxx

I do wonder whether this has to do with her falsely over inflated sense of self, she thinks she's special & superior to everyone, so she believes that makes her exempt or somehow invincible? Like she believes she's above the law, etc ... ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I do wonder whether this has to do with her falsely over inflated sense of self, she thinks she's special & superior to everyone, so she believes that makes her exempt or somehow invincible? Like she believes she's above the law, etc ... ?
Thank you ❤ was rough as a teen and then young adult.

Alice thinks she’s perfect and infallible so I’m sure she believes that she is in control of her substance abuse and it’s not a problem problem, like she’ll know she drinks too much and to cope which isn’t great but admitting it would mean admitting she has a flaw or a weakness so it’ll never happen. She’ll never seek help.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My take on Alices red carpet shots over the years is that early days she had been drinking or had taken something. She was wired and so was Ioan. But I think him not so much as he was usually on the job and needed to be relatively sober.

I expect they got a bit of a reputation and eventually someone had a word. Ioan would listen to that. Alice wouldn’t. Then he cleaned up his act anyway. Became boring and grumpy as Alice would tell it. I tell it as him saying she needed to be straight when they went out or they weren’t going.

The later red carpet shots show someone tense for a drink or whatever. She isn’t comfortable with the idea she can’t drink. Hence looking on edge and ready to snap.

My nod for the next doctor is the actress who
Plays Elizabeth in The Great (Catherine). Actually most of the leads in that would make good Dr Who characters. They play kooky and tongue in cheek well. But somehow also heroism and dangerous intent.

💯💯💯💯👆 THIS!! I couldn't quite place a finger on what it was, but you are right. She has a very "hectic" aura / vibe around her.

I cant explain it as well as you did, but I agree 100000%. She just seems like there is always an internal storm brewing. Tbh I would have gone right off her as well if I were her partner, people like that make me very anxious.
Like chill, breathe, FFS just calm TF down.

Combine those darty eyes, hectic energy and addiction to social media, she must have been unpredictable to live with. You never know what will happen next.

I know some posters call BW "toxic positivity", but IMO one thing she radiates is just calmness. Tbh it might just be the aura she puts on for the camera, however I doubt that. Because we only got to experience Alice through videos as well and even in those Alice just seems so agressive and loud and all over the place.
Don’t forget to add smug for when she was posing with IG on the red carpet.

• Sick

What I find and found odd was her constant tweeting about her drinking and pill-popping going back years on Twitter, it isn't anything to boast about anywhere but particularly given that she lives in LA and hoped to work

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.