Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Knitwit

VIP Member
I agree and a lot of shoots are outside LA. In particular some productions are deliberately shot in Europe using European and British actors to avoid Union rates.
Avoiding union rates is why there are so many British actors, who were then unknown, in The Wire and The Walking Dead they started the import of UK talent to US shows when the shows were hugely successful

Reactions: 5

Mad Betty

VIP Member
John Ouderkirk was the judge Brad and Angelina used, till he was forcibly removed just recently, he was also the judge who married them. I have no idea who the judge was in the Pitt and Aniston divorce .
I in fact do know, as I stated. Perhaps you can read the article I posted. And I thought he used Jill Robbins again. I may have misunderstood.

• Heart

tilly27

VIP Member
Btw - she reactivated her account. You have 30 days to do that. She is just private and not tweeting. 😉 Was that barely 48 hours even?
That's been like that since she was said to have deleted her account, well for me anyway. I'm confused,

tilly27

VIP Member
The psychopathology is very interesting. A personal story. A few years ago I got involved in another online ‘thing’ with many similarities to this current situation. It had nothing to do with celebs or family law but it played out mostly online. I see a lot of crossover here with Alice and Lupine from what I experienced there, which is why I thought I’d share.

Imagine a situation where a deadly virus was combated by Big Pharma developing a vaccine to protect human lives. Then a group of agitators online began trying to stop people using this vaccine. I got involved because 1) I did actually have a small stake in the subject matter and 2) the stupidity emanating from the Other Side was stupendous and I felt inclined to speak up against it.

The group of agitators were basically a mob of FMs with no Queen Bee. They flapped round doing the abuse/lie/bully thing for a while aimed at anyone who spoke in favour of protecting human life. After a while a Queen Bee emerged. The FMs happily thronged around her, doing the whole bowing and scrapping and Yes Ma’am, No Ma’am, 3 bags full Ma’am thing. She lapped it up and grew into a monster. She developed delusions of superior intellect though in truth she’d never completed high school. She developed delusions of being the leader of a team of researchers though she had no experience or qualifications, and her team of researchers amounted to Lupine’s team of statement writers for the court. She too was happy to trash people’s reputations in her echo chamber, blocking those who she had named from defending themselves.

I ended up framed as one of the ‘ringleaders’ on the side of Big Pharma. My name was high on their published list of people who opposed their goal, though there was never a $500 Reward offered for any of us. We all supposedly had multiple sock accounts and I was apparently travelling interstate to eavesdrop at her window at night while holding down a job 1,600km away during the day.

Funnily enough the Queen Bee self published two really poorly written novels in her planned trilogy of quivering members and heaving bosoms, though hers was not in a science fiction universe but rather in a supernatural one which included werewolves.

Not so funnily they eventually decided court action was required. This was pretty astounding to anyone with even grade 10 education but they went through with it and the intermediate judgements were scathing in terms of how poor their case was. They persisted for a while until their Queen Bee suddenly died a week or so after one of the intermediate judgements. They promptly announced that she’d suicided as a result of pressure we’d put on her, though TBF I’ve never found any evidence it was suicide (she had a number of health problems) and she had actually complained once or twice how she’d wanted to drop the whole thing but felt pressured by them to keep going.

So this isn’t my first time watching this sort of shit storm develop and it’s intriguing to see how it develops and wonder why it develops. I thought the first time around it was weird but now I see it seems to be some sort of pattern of behaviour and quite scary to think about.
I'm being real nosey but can you say more about this at all?

• Heart

Katie8ee

VIP Member
As a welsh speaker I can categorically confirm that Ioan is pronounced Yo-An - Alice is just being an idiot. ☺
Oh thank goodness! I have always pronounced it Yo-An which for some reason I think is a bit more fancy than John (no offence to all the Johns in the squad)

• Heart

Citney

VIP Member
Interesting to note that my ex and I used the same private judge to settle our divorce that Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt used and then he used again with AJ (ours took all of one day). Her name is Jill Robbins and she is truly excellent. I found her tough, thoughtful, and incredibly fair. She is very well known here in Los Angeles.

As much as I'd enjoy seeing Alice held accountable in court, I think using a private judge would serve them both well. It would also keep much of what they both likely want private out of the press. For the sake of their girls and both of their futures, I hope they'll consider that path.
John Ouderkirk is the private judge used by Brad and Angie, until he was removed, he also married Brad and Angie.

Just William

VIP Member
So in much the same vein as my binman theory this morning. Here is my "it wasn't a three year affair" theory. This is January 2019 and this guy talks about Alice in a lovely way.

I haven't watched Harrow is it good? @Penguin86 i think it was the guy who played the brother Kol
I binge watched season one & really enjoyed it! (y) Got season two lined up!

• Heart