Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ButterTart

VIP Member
I think the marriage was in trouble for a quite a while but I do think BW was the catalyst for him to finally divorce AE. An exit affair if you like ? I definitely think they were shagging while he was in Australia . The thing if Alice just shut up about it took it gracefully the media would be all on her side even if she has a horrible personality !! Hollywood is changing and the discarding for a younger model would be horrible for his image AE would get more work , financial independence and she would have "won" instead she just looks like a sad drunk mess.

She must be really stupid and petty.
It’s not the 1930s. Or the Victorian era … or any time when this is a scandal. “Hollywood” doesn’t care about “discarding for a younger model”…. Neither do most other people in the world, I’d think. It‘s happened for eons, happens every day.

I do find it interesting that the vitriol is always for the other woman though. No one can steal your spouse. If they have an affair, both parties are making a choice to do so, whether they are single or in other relationships. It’s not like IG was under AE’s lock and key, and BW picked that lock and “stole“ him … Pretty sure he had some decision making capacity in all of this.

And as the saying goes, no one really knows what goes on in someone’s marriage.….

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I came across an old 2017 Instagram post of Alice's today about the death of her 15-year-old stepsister. I am sure it has been covered on Tattle before, but it was the first time I have read it. It was so appalling and self-serving that any sympathy I have had for Alice has evaporated. It is revolting. Alice's stepmother was 51 when she lost her daughter, who was not much older than Ella. In the guise of 'honouring and raising awareness', Alice went into minute detail about the event and blamed her grieving stepmother and father for the tragedy. She hashtagged her post with her stepsister's full name which I have cropped out, the only reason she would have hashtagged the full name was in the hope it would be found by the people it would hurt most .

I am spilling with feels on this, if anyone cares for some thoughts/observations. I studied poetry in undergrad but it was encapsulated in an English degree, and they don't call us "annoying about picking apart language" for nothin'!

Yeah, I don't at all investigate Steph's su*cide ideation nor completion, just picking out words and phrases Alice uses and why they're problematic af. It's only really triggering if the general theme of su*cide harms you, which is the theme of this conversation, just letting you know.

1. Wording in here is really unnecessary and somewhat insulting.

(First of all if you "barely" know her then why are you addressing her in such a tonally passionate manner, hm?)

"We barely knew you" is a poor way to express your not having gotten the opportunity to meet someone whole-heartedly, far less someone who has passed on, and I'm looking specifically at the word "barely" which is kind of an insensitive word in statements like these. Ain't nothing wrong with the word itself but in this sentence and from this person I'm picking up on a lot of informality that stirs these hints of emotional distancing (although the pseudo-emotion kicks in shortly, as we all see).

When someone dies, it's OK to acknowledge that you didn't know them well, but that truth can be offered in far gentler, complimentary ways such as "I didn't have the privilege of getting to know you very well" or "I wish I had had the opportunity to get to know you better," something that indicates that this person was damn well worth getting to know. "We barely knew you" is stiff af.

Just saying that connotation is everythaaang. Just because a word is denotatively (by dictionary definition) appropriate doesn't make it connotatively (by subtle implication) appropriate.

2. Repetition of "we"

Most of the time we use "we" because we are actually addressing ourselves and other people. (There are exceptions but they don't matter here.) She makes a pretty inappropriate remark about people attempting to "delete" Steph's existence (which is ill-fitting in this context of a heartfelt message, regardless of whether or not it's true).

So to continuously use "we" while weaving these sentiments, she's not only giving herself permission to generate unnecessarily aggressive and (likely) inaccurate/misinformed opinions, but she's also softening the unacceptability of those opinions by disguising them as being a communal entity. "Stronger in numbers," remember that one?

3. Yikes, "out-and-out abandonment of any last shred of hope" and that whole bit

What she defines as empathy is blatant, dramatic, self-serving pity.

Abandonment is no longer offering support or care to something, and it is voluntary. To say Steph "abandoned" her hope, willfully let go of something that we culturally perceive as a very good thing is, in this context (context always matters), illustrating her as a foolish, helpless person.

Abandonment is also considered a form of giving up. And giving up connotes weakness. And I know damn well I don't need to state in here that people who complete su*cide aren't weak nor incapable nor lesser than you or I in body nor mind nor spirit, and that it's wildly inappropriate that Alice deems it proper etiquette & permissible to detail her step-sister's grief, PERIOD, but in a manner that deduces her to a debilitated, feeble shell of a person determined to purposely desert her last hope and d*e.

Su*cide is not abandonment. It's unsought release from life.

4. (The description afterwards about Steph's plan is haunting and I just have no words for how repulsive it is nor am I going to decide to trigger myself, everyone in this thread, and dishonor Steph by dismantling it.)

5. She has some thoughtful, empathetic sentences in here, you know. Sprinkled in. Stuff you would read in a well-thought out, honest, and passionate post from a person who is not a narcissist. It's a shame that all of that is muffled by harmful garbage.

Thanks for reading this. Really. I blather but I'm grateful I'm listened to, especially when it isn't necessary. 💖

Last edited:
  • Heart

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
I have to agree with this. Who even cares? I’m far more interested in what makes AE tick and why IG married her, as well as the 13 year marriage. We’ve done this already again and again and it gets tiresome, plus I find myself having trouble staying awake on the thread recently. No offense to any turds whatsoever. 😁
Ok, but then can't you just scroll past posts from other people that are boring you? I find gushing over a dog boring, but I didn't criticise anyone for it.
To be honest I find that comment a bit rude.
We've also been through her visa situation again and again with people saying the exact same things. We've also been through the 'they should move back to the UK so IG can get more work' thing again and again and AGAIN.
Guess I'm not allowed to voice my opinion unless it's interesting to all!

Last edited:
  • Heart

plinky

VIP Member
I also find BW liking very pointed quotes a bit PA. I think she would do best to not do that really, for IG’s sake, or do in private. It could all relate to her ex but it could also be Alice. Either way, it is passive aggressive 🤣

Ioan never went no contact With Alice.
He asked her to use a specific messaging app over and over and over, which she has belittled and laughed at and screamed about. She refused to use it

Alice is having the worlds longest tantrum. She’s been trying to get a response from him and is using a lot of threats to scare him. Alice doesn’t believe Ioan deserves any respect or humanity whatsoever. Alice has not seen Ioan as an equal partner in their relationship for 20 years. Shes been punishing and disrespecting him for a long, long time

I get why you have no respect left for someone whose left you, but she had little before

I’ve also never ever seen a tribute to someone include all the details about the way they died like Alice did. To me, it reads totally accusatory

• Heart

MooBelle

VIP Member
AE should not be allowed to tell this story, shame on her.
This.
It isn't her story to tell.
You could give her a pass on it if she was close to her stepsister. It would still be unacceptable, but there could be an argument for her being clumsy with the wording because she was grief stricken.
But she didn't know the child. Technically she was her stepsister, but in title alone. I'm not even sure she even met her more than once.
To hijack someone else's grief is ghoulish enough, but to weaponise it further is just vindictive narcissistic vendetta.

She truly is vile.

• Heart
I am starting to wonder (and fear) if Ioan is unsafe by escaping one severely toxic relationship and almost immediately entering another. I don't have any personal qualms with BW right now; she presents herself in a charming, collected, and patient manner. And, despite the reality that the inside of the book might betray the cover of the book, idk, right now I'm alright, and we'll see how that progresses. Nevertheless, she could be bottled sunshine itself (and very well might be), but I would maintain my concern for Ioan's mental health. It isn't a dig, just a worry.

I believe Ena Sharples wonderfully worded their encouragement that Ioan spend some time livin' the single life for a bit. In my opinion, maybe meeting up with his therapist⁠—a space where he can examine the ways in which he was emotionally denied what belonged to him to feel, and really work on untangling any complex trauma responses and such⁠—practicing mindfulness techniques, maybe trying out some meditation, etc. you know, you know.

I took way too much gabapentin this morning but the mellowness I am feeling is ace so everything is fine, I hope I am making sense here because right now I feel like I'm sinking from chin to forehead in a bubbling jacuzzi.

Anyway y'all know by now that I always have Arabic proverbs & general quotes in my noggin but sometimes they spill out and I hope that's alright, considering we're gettin' all beautifully profound with our quotes up in this thread.

This is one of my fave sayings and I wish it could speak to Ioan about the potential need to take a step back first and determine what it is his spirit—the unbreakable entity— actually yearns for, and maybe perhaps to remember that the good love can hold on for a sec if it needs to, it is a patient creature:

"What is meant for you, will reach you even if it is beneath two mountains.
And what isn't meant for you, won't reach you even if it is between your two lips."

I wish Ioan walked slowly. Unlocked the part of him where he's hidden the worst strife and taken a look at that with a professional healer (whom I call therapists & counselors lol). He might need to be alone, who knows? He might need to unravel a bit. Recover, so very carefully. Reclaim first what he needs for Ioan, and then find the rest of what he needs in someone else.

Sorry for babbling I am like literally melting into myself.

PS: Marhaba ("Hi"), Alice, I know this lil sentiment that goes: "The soul of a fool is always dancing on the tip of his tongue."
Or, maybe this one, friend: "One who cooks poison, tastes it." Bon Appétit 🍝

Last edited:
  • Heart

Hiraeth

VIP Member
That story about Steph affected me more than I care to admit and I also feel it is unutterably vile that AE posted what she did. Utterly disrespectful. I have no words to convey how I'm feeling, really.

The people here are so caring and uplifting to each other, and that is one of the reasons I joined this forum. You have all been through so much and instead of letting it break you into pieces, you became like the Japanese tradition of kintsugi and have filled your broken spaces with gold. I have taken such comfort in all of your words and you have really helped an anonymous person going through a lot right now, so thank you, sisturds. ❤

• Heart

PinkyWinky

VIP Member
Perhaps there’s an old spaniel sniffer dog in customs going bonkers over salad cream, Jaffa cakes and hobnobs.🤔

• Haha

AD2018

Chatty Member
Why bring that up.. I have decided now i am far from being on anyone's team as some of AE's tweets are awful BUT tbh i think it serves no purpose to dredge through posts from years back for 'evidence'. Posts like this make me feel very uncomfortable. If you go digging far enough you will find all sorts in anyone's history. I actually don't think AE did anything wrong in that post. Yes maybe she referenced her own pain but i think she was being honest. This is feeling like a witch hunt. I will not defend AE's behaviour but some posts i think go a bit too far. I don't want the poster here to feel attacked. That is not my intention. I'm just playing devils advocate here in the interests of fairness.

Also i really dislike Bianca putting up that video of bubba bear. I love animals but ffs it is vomit inducing plus her liking stuff on twitter that is clearly going to try and inflame things re narcissists. Bianca is being very subtle but i can see her manipulation clearly. I definitely think she has her people/friends on here. I do feel like another poster said earlier, a certain anger against certain behaviours and tweets but also then feel bad for feeling that way. So i have mixed feelings. I don't say much but i feel like there comes a point when i have to say ah this is going a step too far and several posts have made me feel that way. I just have to say my piece in the interests of fairness. I hope others can respect that and not take this as a personal attack...#ducksandhides
you’re entitled to your opinions of course

previous posts speak to overall character, if they are online - they are up for grabs? She could have kept that particular sentiment where it belonged… offline

CookieMonsta

VIP Member
A lot of us are feeling hurt and emotional tonight. What are you doing for self-care?
I had to log off, check in on my beautiful friend who's going through a bad heartbreak rn, and then give my kitty an abundance of snuggles, cuddles and kisses. I even managed to get a few photos of him smiling - usually he hates the camera/phone and scowls at it.
I hope everyone is taking care of themselves, prioritizing your mental and emotional well-being and taking time off this site if necessary. ❤ 💐

IMG_20211216_024222.jpg

• Heart

M33L4

VIP Member
That quote's great but it made me wonder, what does it say about us if we're here watching her so much? Most of us have had narc relationships in our lives and we're here watching another narc. I can't help but feel if I was over it I wouldn't be here watching a narc like AE go on.
I guess I’m here to see a Narc being found it. Initially I felt so sorry for her. I saw the Lorraine interview and something felt off to me. She seemed to go from tears to a smirk and it startled me. I looked on her Twitter and somehow ended up on here.
I hope to see her response to the consequences of her behaviour because the Narcs I know eventually do.
That probably says a lot about me but I feel a sense of injustice for IG and the girls especially with the parental alienation.
I wait for the day he has moved on, married BW (or not) and lives Happily Ever After.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

blankethood

I just can't with how nonchalantly she shared details of someones suicide. It's disgusting.
I agree with this so much- I get a pit in my stomach whenever I read the way AE passively brings up the subject. It feels so very cruel and so disrespectful to a young person lost to the disease of depression, it’s not something to discuss lightly the way she does and because we don’t know the immense level of pain that the subject brings to the young girl’s mother: it shouldn’t be brought up at all, this story doesn’t belong to AE. When AE brings it up, she does so as a malicious gossip. AE should not be allowed to tell this story, shame on her.

• Heart

diamia20

I was looking at AEs Instagram and saw another video of IG shouting and the little girl isn't upset in that one
I appreciate my boyfriend more now, seeing that he doesn't post videos of me in my bikini while i get enthusiastic for getting the answers right on university challenge

• Haha

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
I watched A Christmas Carol last night, the one that came out a couple years ago with Guy Pearce and it made me think of IG.

It baffles me that they stayed in the US where he got very little work. He could have easily gotten a role in that.

Just look at Stephen Graham, his career is thriving at the moment in both the UK and US but he still does mainly UK productions.

I wonder if she insisted on staying over there to keep him away from his family. Well that has well and truly come back to bite both of them in the arse!

• Heart

Knitwit

VIP Member
I wish I could manifest myself a good job, a good looking guy, good health and a million dollars! I wish manifesting did work
A friend of mine made a vision board every year cutting pictures out of magazines of all the things she hoped for. She had always wanted a house by the sea and she and her husband eventually did move to a really beautiful ocean-front house. They had been living there for about a year when she looked at one of her old boards and saw she had cut out the exact same house she was living in.

• Wow