Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Annabel21

I am conflicted. When i see a big pile on against one person though i just feel uncomfortable. Like i want to defend a person not because i agree with their behaviour but because i don't feel comfortable with what seems to be an imbalance.

Reactions: 3

Popcorn&Peanuts

Beg to differ. A lot of those who have reservations about BW are questioning her motives, etc. As in, why did she get involved with a married man? Why not question his? I don’t know squat about her (other than a few IG posts mentioned here) and I didn’t know the names of anyone involved in this until a few weeks ago… I find the machinations interesting, and AE’s narc behaviour like watching a car crash in action. But the two camps … BW has ulterior motives, etc., BW is his savior … are equally off base to me.
I don't think we're saying mutually exclusive things and I actually very much agree with the BIB.

Re: the reservations, I may be misinterpreting, but I was under the impression that the reservations referred to her reasons for being with him i.e. potential HW opportunities, fame, money etc. rather than her being the other woman. 🤷‍♀️

tilly27

VIP Member
This would be a really really sad thing to happen to anyone.

The thing is there is so much more to what actually happened between AE and IG.

For example we now have clear evidence that there has been emotional and verbal abuse at the least (and that's not a small thing in any way!), and there has been speculation that IMO isn't far off what could be true about physical violence. All from Alice directed at Ioan. Not two way abuse, one way.

We have evidence of multiple boundary erosions or boundary violations such as the multiple photos in a state of undress which he had repeatedly asked she not share with the world - side note, I find the reposting of those photos here really distasteful, if there were pics of me naked on the internet and I asked people not to share them I would be very upset to know they were being shared for others titillation on a gossip forum - sorry! Just my opinion and not trying to police, which is why I've made the font tiny!

We have the weaponizing of the children and parental alienation of the children, which is classed as child abuse which to me suggests Alice displayed other problematic behaviours concerning the children during the relationship (because she has no issue crossing this boundary I assume it just doesn't exist for her which I don't think is an unreasonable assumption) and that would have been a factor in IG leaving too.

ETA: Arguably we have evidence of those problematic behaviours regarding the girls with the tweets shown earlier :sick:

All of this we have only ever heard at all because Alice shared it, making a great concerted effort to ensure the news got to everyone she could get it to and keep it in the forefront of peoples minds for as long as she possibly could. Not out of pain, but Narc rage as shown by basically every thing she has said and done since.

So far as I can see on the other side for Ioan:

He did what he could to save the marriage.

He took advice and stuck to it regarding leaving and escaping abusive marriages.

He is doing what he can lawfully to ensure his children are protected.

He is trying to move on and heal with his life.

I can't really fault him so far personally. I'm sure he can be an arse. I'm sure being married to him wasn't a bed of roses. I don't personally rate him as an actor or find him attractive (at all sorry!) so I don't think I have an unconscious bias and in fact if I am honest about it I think I skirt dangerously close to misandry in my outlook at times 🤷‍♀️ 😬 😓

Anywhoo sorry @omgucnt just sharing my thoughts on your post, much love sisTurd ❤ :poop: x

ETA: missed words and a small paragraph
A very very well put explanation of things I would say. I would say my thoughts completely, maybe lose a 0.01% because I do find him attractive, although In men I'm more drawn towards big hairy men with bald heads😘X

• Haha

Whodofthunk

VIP Member
If, according to the Piers Morgan I Saved Ioan Gruffed’s career article, IG was out of work for 2 years did it never occur to him to get another job in another field? I think something like 98% of actors are out of work at anyone time. After such a long period out of the game, reduced to fan conventions, you would think they might have considered coming back to UK or just getting a job in another profession. It would be interesting to see if AE worked when he wasn’t working as an actor.
She probably took a bath once a week...stinky little chipmunk. That's got to count for something?

• Haha
  • Sick

Lizzymint

VIP Member
I watched A Christmas Carol last night, the one that came out a couple years ago with Guy Pearce and it made me think of IG.

It baffles me that they stayed in the US where he got very little work. He could have easily gotten a role in that.

Just look at Stephen Graham, his career is thriving at the moment in both the UK and US but he still does mainly UK productions.

I wonder if she insisted on staying over there to keep him away from his family. Well that has well and truly come back to bite both of them in the arse!
I think this is very likely

tilly27

VIP Member
I agree about the signs re marriage & if marriage was that important to her she could have walked rather than issue an ultimatum. But I don't think her wanting marriage was out of pure love for him. I'm not making excuses for him but given how different they clearly were/are I do wonder if that naivety & innocence (as opposed to being more worldly wise) meant he just wasn't sure or ready for such a big commitment until her ultimatum made him realise he didn't want to lose her? People can be together for way longer before marriage is even mentioned.

I agree he would have seen her bad side, there is no way she could have repressed who she really is for years, but again I can't help but wonder if this is where his naivety really led him down the Alice rabbit hole? Someone with more experience of relationships would have seen the red flags, which he seemed to miss. Narcs can also be very charming, kind & loving (when it suits them) I also think the benefit of the doubt is given to people we love & trust (I know from personal experience with a Narc) that TV interview of him recounting his proposal was revealing. To most of us it was sad, cringe worthy & full of red flags yet he thought it was amusing, endearing, kind of like well that was just Alice being Alice, haha! I obviously don't know him, am going purely on the interviews I have seen & what we do know of him from on here, but he strikes me as a rather gentle soul, but perhaps that gentleness found the more life experienced, volatile & dominant Alice exciting, esp' if he had no frame of reference to compare her to, in terms of relationship red flags?

Once she had his ring on her finger she likely ramped it up, probably subtle at first, but over time it would have worn him down, coupled with her drinking & SM addiction. I do think Narcs target people who are their polar opposite so those who are gentle, trusting, naive, etc so someone who will be malleable, who they can ultimately control, manipulate, dominate, etc. Obviously he wasn't totally stupid as someone reminded me about the pre-nup & keeping the house in his name but I wonder if his parents influenced those decisions, (?) as according to AE they didn't like her - for good reason. Perhaps it was a case of damage limitation? I could be way off? Just some thoughts.
I know there are a whole heap of differences, but it SLIGHTLY echos Prince Harry, although they went much faster

• Angry

SusanC

VIP Member
Sensitive topics have been discussed. It's a good idea to either read back or wait for the next recap when someone kindly does it, generally at the beginning of a new thread.
I read back a few but couldn't find anything obvious, and thought it better to ask than guess.
Note I did read the suicide discussion and agree she is awful, but that was discussed yesterday and I thought it was a new topic that people were upset over this morning. Apologies everyone.

tilly27

VIP Member
What struck me was her need to let the mother know she knew every last detail and was revelling in the knowledge she had, rubbing it in that at least one person in the family had shared it all with her and that blame was being pointed at the mother. She then takes the most painful details and repeats them in the most upsetting and graphic way she could. She weaponised the death of the child to hurt the mother with special emphasis on her not being there for her which is what most haunts any parent in that situation. It really is psychopathic and then she relates the story back to herself like she’s also a child who feels alone.
Compete narc/mach/psych - a D..
all the Dark Triad
I'm not sure exactly how timelines work in to this, was this her way of relating it back to herself, i.e. Had her dad gone no contact by then with her (Alice)? Was she trying to imply - COMPLETEY INCORRECTLY that her family (dads side) have history of abandonment? And that the reason Alices dad walked away from her was not in fact due to her own behaviour, but due to a history of abandonment traits? I hope I am getting across what I mean here??x

LucySmith

VIP Member
The tweets are all on here for anybody to read, whether she deletes them from her timeline or not. Which is probably why she wants to close TL down.
Yeah but how many come here to read them really?
Would love to know how much traffic these threads get.

M33L4

VIP Member
I’ve got Echofon for Twitter. Can switch profiles really quickly. For transparency I use it for personal and business.

KindnessMatters

Chatty Member
If she were an innocent normal person, yes. But that person would have seen the writing on the wall early and rectified the objectionable behaviour, not amplified it via social media.
I can see though for someone who's used to putting everything on SM that it would be normal for them to put this up too. I switch between feeling for her as a human being because I think it came as a genuine shock, but she's also not seeing the sensible advice and help from people and going to the media to hurt her ex isn't a good look.

Reactions: 2

Nonah

VIP Member
This was probably mentioned before, but her brother Phil is following Ioan on Twitter. And Ioan Phil.
But Phil doesn't follow Alice or Tony. Neither of these two follow Phil.

Dunno where I'm going with this. Perhaps that - at least on Twitter - Alice's family isn't having her beck like Tony claims.
This reads like some sort of horrible puzzle.
Does Ioan follow ‘Tony’?

Reactions: 2