Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #225 Narcissistic abuser, but make it fashion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was younger, various forms of autism were not at all well understood and kids who were neurodivergent were treated as ‘weird’ by both their peers and teachers. Now, we are very aware of ASD and my child knows several other kids with a variety of differences in their class. Are they and their family making it up because it’s ‘trendy’ (seems unlikely and why bother?), or is it because as a society we are far more aware of disabilities that aren’t physical? Could the same be true of mental health challenges like CPTSD, bipolar, anxiety disorder and others?

I’m genuinely curious — are you saying she’s lying about her diagnosis?
No, I don't think she's lying. I expect she has been given that diagnosis. I just think that diagnoses go through phases of fashion. Like ADHD at the moment, cyclothymia, eupd. I've been through things listed here,, including sustained domestic violence, and I wouldn't put myself in the same category as those who have been tortured, enslaved, or forced into prostitution. But I also wouldn't post about it publicly under my real name. I think I'm just not in tune with what passes for normal in some circles.

Reactions: 10
No, I don't think she's lying. I expect she has been given that diagnosis. I just think that diagnoses go through phases of fashion. Like ADHD at the moment, cyclothymia, eupd. I've been through things listed here,, including sustained domestic violence, and I wouldn't put myself in the same category as those who have been tortured, enslaved, or forced into prostitution. But I also wouldn't post about it publicly under my real name. I think I'm just not in tune with what passes for normal in some circles.
I’m truly sorry you experienced sustained domestic violence, and also there isn’t a one-sized-fits-all response to trauma. Remember, She is also dealing with a quite debilitating physical disability at a young age in addition to media spotlight and bullying. Not to mention all of the other things we don’t know about her. I’m not sure that because you don’t have that diagnosis or would make such an announcement publicly, means that her diagnosis is part of a societal trend rather than a genuine condition requiring treatment. There’s that saying — “we do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.” (I might be paraphrasing, but your reaction to her post made me think of this.)

Reactions: 47
Bit of a lurker - but working in the field of assessing psychology in teens, one of the new phenomenons emerging, particularly with troubled teen girls are those who create profiles on social media (themselves) and either send themselves extreme abuse or flattery, or a combination of both. It's essentially an attention ploy, but it's also a huge fulfilment of need and can be a real red flag for more extreme behaviour to come. It's a real sign of Alice Evans' arrested development that she's quite obviously exhibiting behaviour patterns associated commonly with troubled teen girls.

• Wow
Reactions: 64
I’m truly sorry you experienced sustained domestic violence, and also there isn’t a one-sized-fits-all response to trauma. Remember, She is also dealing with a quite debilitating physical disability at a young age in addition to media spotlight and bullying. Not to mention all of the other things we don’t know about her. I’m not sure that because you don’t have that diagnosis or would make such an announcement publicly, means that her diagnosis is part of a societal trend rather than a genuine condition requiring treatment. There’s that saying — “we do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.” (I might be paraphrasing, but your reaction to her post made me think of this.)
Thank you. I'm not trying to diss her ( I'm a bit smashed tonight and posted an immediate reaction) and it's not like I'm completely OK or like I think it's something you just get over. And yeah, I don't have MS or a chronic disability (I do have other fairly serious stuff going on, as I'm sure most of us here do.)

I think I was trying to say something along the lines of... I am old enough to have seen 'fashionable' diagnoses come and go, and also to have seen the usefulness of those diagnoses diminished as they are applied more and more widely.

I'm also really massively sceptical about a sort of public competition of "who is the most fucked up". I don't think it helps anyone, and I think where there are children involved,all the adults in the situation should try not to play that game (I know it's easier said than done).

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Thank you. I'm not trying to diss her ( I'm a bit smashed tonight and posted an immediate reaction) and it's not like I'm completely OK or like I think it's something you just get over. And yeah, I don't have MS or a chronic disability (I do have other fairly serious stuff going on, as I'm sure most of us here do.)

I think I was trying to say something along the lines of... I am old enough to have seen 'fashionable' diagnoses come and go, and also to have seen the usefulness of those diagnoses diminished as they are applied more and more widely.

I'm also really massively sceptical about a sort of public competition of "who is the most fucked up". I don't think it helps anyone, and I think where there are children involved,all the adults in the situation should try not to play that game (I know it's easier said than done).
I hear you, and who amongst us isn’t a little smashed in these post holiday new years days? I will say I’ve never gotten a vibe from Bianca that she’s in ‘who is the most fucked up’ competition. She’s been open about her MS in a way that I think is inspirational after one of my friends in a similar age bracket was also diagnosed with MS and I realised how ignorant I was about the seriousness of the condition.

I also hear you about fashionable diagnoses, and I wonder too if it’s not just about fashion but also about greater awareness? Like maybe these conditions always did exist and societal awareness grows of them at different times due to media exposure and increased genuine diagnoses?

I don’t know. I know what you’re trying to say, for sure. I just haven’t seen Bianca do or say anything truly (or even remotely) despicable, whereas there are like 1000s of pages of Alice being a jackass, so I’m gonna continue to side eye her for now and give Bianca the benefit of the doubt.

Best wishes to you of course and for your recovery from any issues, which I know is not linear or straightforward but I hope 2024 is very good to you!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Didn't CPTSD used to be about people who had been soldiers in combat, or hostages, or experienced CSA, or similar? Not just... adults who have been through horrible things?
Actually no. PTSD is but complex PTSD is a different thing and more likely to be diagnosed following events like domestic abuse

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Diagnose me…..but make it fashionnnnnn*

*I’m not having a go at any user or Bianca, just cracking a little joke given the current topic and thread title 😂

• Haha
oh the only one playing that game is mAlice who had mummy’s little soldier pipe up in court about her undiagnosed ‘serious condition’.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I am old enough to have seen 'fashionable' diagnoses come and go, and also to have seen the usefulness of those diagnoses diminished as they are applied more and more widely.

I'm also really massively sceptical about a sort of public competition of "who is the most fucked up".
The wikipedia definition of CPTSD is more useful. I would say CPTSD is underdiagnosed if anything.

Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (CPTSD) is a stress-related mental disorder generally occurring in response to complex traumas, i.e., commonly prolonged or repetitive exposures to a series of traumatic events, within which individuals perceive little or no chance to escape. Examples of CPTSD's symptoms are prolonged feelings of terror, worthlessness, helplessness, distortions in identity or sense of self, and hypervigilance.

I also found this: https://www.ptsduk.org/what-is-ptsd/complex-ptsd/

C-PTSD results from many experiences, but some examples are: (I listed the ones BW has had to deal with)
  • Living under severe threat for an extended period of time
  • Domestic abuse
  • Having to witness ongoing abuse or violence of another (ie IG)
  • Regular and repeated exposure to verbal abuse, emotional abuse or threats
  • Long-term exposure to bullying
  • Regular, long-term feelings of captivation or powerlessness
Incidentally, I wouldn't be surprised if the kids develop CPTSD too. They have been exposed to these ones:

• Living under severe threat for an extended period of time (ie we'll be homeless, Bianca will kill you etc)
  • Having to witness ongoing abuse or violence of another (what AE did to IG)
  • Regular and repeated exposure to verbal abuse, emotional abuse or threats
  • Long-term exposure to bullying
  • Regular, long-term feelings of captivation or powerlessness
  • Cult membership (ie being foot soldiers for mAlice)

As for saying BW is playing a "who is the most fucked up" game - really? CPTSD isn't a game and she has got a proper diagnosis as opposed to AE who has 102 ailments, 80% bedbound, but nothing EVER diagnosed, though that might change thanks to Dupee. 💅

Only Alice is playing that "most fucked up" game but you blame Bianca? Very curious. 🦇🐒

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Nor does Bianca (again!) need to censor any of what she’s going through to avoid it seeming like she’s trying to get ‘one up’ on Alice. Poor girl can’t win.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I wonder if the cptsd diagnosis has come about as a result of the evaluation - kind of not directly - she will have been talking to/assessed by Dr D... and this may have been something discussed that B then went off and saw someone. It's odd she says October which is when the evaluation was going on

Reactions: 24
1704154898220.png

This makes me think it must have really pained Ioan to kill Ioanonline which was a million times better than the FB fan club. But he did it anyway as he was totally dominated by mAlice back then. I am not even disparaging the FB group, just being factual. Also, the group hasn't got much IG work to comment on nowadays. The feed is dominated by what's on BW's Insta.
---
Someone is being nosy lol

1704155495712.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I have a sibling (the one who famously said "men can't be abused!") who thinks that therapists/psychologists belong just to ex-soldiers or victims of trafficking. And to be clear, soldiers who have witnessed or experienced traumatic events, and people who have been trafficked definitely should have all the psychological support in the world.

But it's not a contest. I started going to therapy almost 3 years ago now, and I wish I had started going 3 years before that. I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and CPTSD (ironically, the CPTSD stems from the sibling's treatment of me during formative years, LOL). I've found amazing help from treatments such as rapid eye movement therapy.

Having broken out of the family stigma that mental health diagnoses and treatment is just for people at the far end of the trauma spectrum, I'm so thankful for the help I'm able to receive from my PTSD-specific therapy. It has allowed me to keep my job, relationships, and life.

I wish my sibling would do the same. I recognize that their treatment of me stems from so many mental health issues that they won't deal with because they refuse to admit that they could need help. Because they've never seen someone die in front of them or never experienced SA, they don't think they could have any diagnosis or receive any help from therapy. But I know if they did, not just their life would get better, but the lives of all of their friends and family who may otherwise have to cut them out of their lives eventually due to the behavior that's left unchecked.

Not saying that un treated mental health diagnoses are any excuse for abuse, but I am saying I have empathy for people who fall into that camp. Hurt people hurt people.

Even though B already seems so sweet and together, I bet that targeted PTSD therapies and medications will drastically improve not just her life, but all of her friend's and family's as it's never easy to watch someone you love suffer.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Didn't CPTSD used to be about people who had been soldiers in combat, or hostages, or experienced CSA, or similar? Not just... adults who have been through horrible things?

I guess it's like the 90s when everyone was bipolar.
Maybe we don’t know half of what she’s been through! It’s not a diagnosis that’s just handed out willy nilly.you don’t have to be a soldier to have ptsd

Reactions: 30
Screenshot_20240101-201953~2.png

I'm sorry Bianca has cptsd, but girl is still working it. 🔥🔥

She's posting the name of her outfit on Instagram and she could be so much worse (or antagonizing) to Alice. She posted a very tasteful selfie for new year but this is what she was rocking.

A romper. Ahem. 😉

• Heart
View attachment 2663100

I'm sorry Bianca has cptsd, but girl is still working it. 🔥🔥

She's posting the name of her outfit on Instagram and she could be so much worse (or antagonizing) to Alice. She posted a very tasteful selfie for new year but this is what she was rocking.

A romper. Ahem. 😉
She's got the figure for it, especially the legs, and keeping it classy with opaques. Alice wouldn't know 'classy' even if it got up and bit her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Is it likely that the custody evaluation is over now so that Yo and Bee are feeling less under the microscope?
IMO, evaluation is likely to still be underway to evaluate the effect of these holidays (Christmas, New Year's) as those are often stressful times during family difficulties.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.