Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #224 You can’t be a mother if you’re busy being your brother.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely if the prenup says it's payable for life, it's payable for life? Does a judge have discretion to end it early? I don't think they do...the amount may go down in accordance with the husband's earnings but won't it always be ten percent?
I think this is correct. 10% of his earnings forevermore. He has overpaid her currently, though, so will get his overpayment back.
from the court document (transcribed 22 Aug 2023):
note -- the court can make orders regarding length of time of spousal support

1702614615329.png

ETA: reference post -- transcription by @Hiraeth

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Surely if the prenup says it's payable for life, it's payable for life? Does a judge have discretion to end it early? I don't think they do...the amount may go down in accordance with the husband's earnings but won't it always be ten percent?
yes. you can definitely after a certain amount of time go to court and ask for it to end. the prenup is even specifying that this is possible. and usually it's granted (I reckon for this case the latest when Elsie turns 18 plus maybe a year to adjust, when kids are old enough you simply run out of excuses to support yourself)

what's most common even in these long term marriages however are lump sums. Eg if Ioan gives her now 300k (he no longer can obviously, but according to D&L that was originally the plan) that would cover anything between 5 years of his normal earnings to 60 years of his 2022 earnings. It's a gamble for both parties so to speak. If i was him I would not offer this though: as frustrating as paying her support is at least it's tied to your success, so a little hinderance for her to not ruin you. Who knows how long she lives anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
She could still be living quite comfortably with a friendly relationship with her ex, guilt-tripping heaps of cash, calling him for every little problem and piggybacking on his career, fame and famous friends.

But the silly old mare thought she had nothing to lose. I guess it’s true, some people don’t know what they’ve got till it’s gone. Poor old Alice, what a fool.

Reactions: 36
yes. you can definitely after a certain amount of time go to court and ask for it to end. the prenup is even specifying that this is possible. and usually it's granted (I reckon for this case the latest when Elsie turns 18 plus maybe a year to adjust, when kids are old enough you simply run out of excuses to support yourself)

what's most common even in these long term marriages however are lump sums. Eg if Ioan gives her now 300k (he no longer can obviously, but according to D&L that was originally the plan) that would cover anything between 5 years of his normal earnings to 60 years of his 2022 earnings. It's a gamble for both parties so to speak. If i was him I would not offer this though: as frustrating as paying her support is at least it's tied to your success, so a little hinderance for her to not ruin you. Who knows how long she lives anyway.
I would have thought the court would be very reluctant to alter a freely negotiated and agreed term in a prenup unless there were very extreme and unforseen circumstances (payer becomes permanently disabled and unable to work etc). Just because Ioan no longer wants to pay her or thinks she should have found employment or be self supporting I don't think is enough to make this lifetime maintenance obligation go away.

I don't think the court will order a lump sum capitalisation of maintenance, this would have to be agreed between the parties in a negotiated settlement. Of course I doubt the money is a available to do this anyway - and Alice's demands will be too crazy so in my view this will be for the court to decide. Also yes - how long will she live in her state of booking and pill popping? Who knows.

It would be interesting to estimate how much he has overpaid her by over the last three years....I'm sure we can work this out by what the spousal support would be and what we know he has been paying

Reactions: 9
I would have thought the court would be very reluctant to alter a freely negotiated and agreed term in a prenup unless there were very extreme and unforseen circumstances (payer becomes permanently disabled and unable to work etc). Just because Ioan no longer wants to pay her or thinks she should have found employment or be self supporting I don't think is enough to make this lifetime maintenance obligation go away.
Nope, it has happened very often, and as I said the freely negotiated prenup states the same ("unless the court orders otherwise"). The prenup is basically just the actual law, except that they added this evil 6 months cohabitation bit in there. The whole point of spousal support is to support someone until they have made the transition to supporting themselves. The difference between long term marriages and under 10 years marriages is just that for the latter they have an exact amount defined no matter if you have managed by then to support yourself (half of the marriage length). Of course it then depends on the judge but generally speaking no judge thinks it takes 10 years to support yourself (especially if the kids are by then adults)
---
It would be interesting to estimate how much he has overpaid her by over the last three years....I'm sure we can work this out by what the spousal support would be and what we know he has been paying
For spousal support that would be
2021: 58.8k
2022: 5.2k
2023: 16.2k

Then there is child support, this will be based on the earning we know of them...
2021: 51.2k (50 % custody), 71k (sole)
2022: 5k (50 %), 7k (sole)
2023: 15k (50 %), 20k (sole)

77.2k-98k

So Alice was obligated to get the past three years something between 157k and 178k, depending on how the court would see the custody issue. We know that this has to be the minimum she actually received because she and her lawyer would never sign a document that calls the current payments "advanced payments" otherwise.

She specifies her monthly costs at 19k since the move. The rent is similar to the mortgage of their house so it will be similar throughout. This makes over 3 years 684k. This is without considering costs for lawyers, most of which have been covered by Ioan.

What has Alice earned? She earned 40k in 2021, 15k in 2022 and until the con 8k in 2023, this makes 63 k, let's say 70k with the con. She also got 110k from the house (which is also mostly Ioan's money because 750k of the house was his seperate property going into the marriage, but since we dont know their savings at the time of seperation it's also possible that she is entitled 110k from community property savings). So in the most generous calculation Alice has 180k seperate property, some of this will have gone into paying lawyers (Ioan has already paid at least 150k to her lawyers), but for the sake of simplicity let's leave this out.

684k-180k makes 504k, that's 320k over Ioan's obligation at least. Of course it's possible that some poor sucker gave her a few thousands on top of her GFM, but I doubt it were 300k.

Of course in crazy land support is only hard cash, and this may actually be not that much, but her living rent free 28 months while he was paying most of the bills will come back biting her here.

I'm sure he will pay child support, but I think Alice wasted pretty much any spousal support she would get for the next few years

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Going by the taxes AE will have to pay on the 7k she needs to view the money she gets from IG as $8k per month not $10k. (Not that she will but she should).

To spend $6.5k on rent when your income is $8k pm is bleeping nuts. This is why AE is whining about 'poverty' but it's entirely self chosen because she wanted to live in the same area as the Morgans and sneered at the 'box' IG and BW are living in. She has a huge apartment in the ritzy BH because a Queen deserves nothing less. Let's be real, she is a Welfare Queen as she will never lift a finger to pay her own way.

This is from July 2021 and she's still bleeping whining.

View attachment 2629357
From 2021 again - sneering at his 'tiny box' and also sneering at the fact that he is trying to make money to support himself, the kids and her fat ass. I love the way she calls herself a 'kind, lovely woman' who just happens to abuse, harass and grift 24/7!!

View attachment 2629359
And the time that Alice made fun of Ioan wanting to talk about how she treated his mother. She said something about how much $$$ marriage counselling was costing so no way was she talking about that. My goodness, if someone disrespected my mum then 'hell yes' we'd be talking about it! It's just weird.. BTW who is Hoi Boi?

Reactions: 12
And the time that Alice made fun of Ioan wanting to talk about how she treated his mother. She said something about how much $$$ marriage counselling was costing so no way was she talking about that. My goodness, if someone disrespected my mum then 'hell yes' we'd be talking about it! It's just weird.. BTW who is Hoi Boi?
I took it to mean Matt Rhys 🤔

Reactions: 11
Good to see the Court of Justice finding against the Newspapers in the class action in London. Reporting is focusing on Harry but the case shows endemic unlawful behaviour.

Of course no one needs to hack Alice’s phone as she spews freely to her scumbag friends in the media. But maybe there will be a reluctance to write stories about the kids even if she feeding the story.

Reactions: 12
Good to see the Court of Justice finding against the Newspapers in the class action in London. Reporting is focusing on Harry but the case shows endemic unlawful behaviour.

Of course no one needs to hack Alice’s phone as she spews freely to her scumbag friends in the media. But maybe there will be a reluctance to write stories about the kids even if she feeding the story.
unfortunately I think it will be the opposite, if you cant get stories in illegal ways than they do it in legal ways, and getting the info from the horses mouth is legal.

Speaking of which, how interesting that Alice's favourite papers are silent about Alice highly officially receiving support.

Reactions: 16
unfortunately I think it will be the opposite, if you cant get stories in illegal ways than they do it in legal ways, and getting the info from the horses mouth is legal.

Speaking of which, how interesting that Alice's favourite papers are silent about Alice highly officially receiving support.
As we know, she uses her buddy at the DM to publicly bully Ioan. It's so messed up. Burkhart knows it, Kiley knows it, we all know it. Baffling that it is just allowed to continue. Al truly is the lowest form of a human.

PS. Very stupid to make it so clear too with not publishing about this agreement.

Reactions: 21
not only is the DM ignoring it, they run the same "she has no money" story again today with fresh arranged pap shots with her mini-me (though in fairness pictures of huge Xmas shopping ruins her narrative in a way but still)

the definition of a smear campaign is Alice's love story with the Daily Mail

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
not only is the DM ignoring it, they run the same "she has no money" story again today with fresh arranged pap shots with her mini-me (though in fairness pictures of huge Xmas shopping ruins her narrative in a way but still)

the definition of a smear campaign is Alice's love story with the Daily Mail
Backgrid? ✅
Ella being dragged out shopping in order to be captured in this photo opportunity, so Ioan can see what he's missing? ✅
Alice doing a posing face, knowing she's being photographed? ✅

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 12.32.22.png

I'm going to say that this wasn't an impromptu shopping trip, but definitely a set-up by Alice.

But why?

She now has the official spousal support and child support she wanted. She is getting $10,000 a month. Why does she still want this narrative out there that she can't pay her rent? Why is she still trying to trash Ioan's reputation?

Also, is it just me or do Alice's lips look like she's had new filler?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Backgrid? ✅
Ella being dragged out shopping in order to be captured in this photo opportunity, so Ioan can see what he's missing? ✅
Alice doing a posing face, knowing she's being photographed? ✅

View attachment 2631389

I'm going to say that this wasn't an impromptu shopping trip, but definitely a set-up by Alice.

But why?

She now has the official spousal support and child support she wanted. She is getting $10,000 a month. Why does she still want this narrative out there that she can't pay her rent? Why is she still trying to trash Ioan's reputation?

Also, is it just me or do Alice's lips look like she's had new filler?
Boho chick outfit with shoes to not match ✅

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.