Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #223 Roses are red, violets are blue, my tits are akimbo and buttocks asquew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Studio Executive: we’re releasing an epic film following one man’s search for the perfect golf-ball and how he decides to take on the established manufacturers and design his own.

You like Matt Damon don’t you?

Me: well aye, he’s not the worst.

SE: Will you be going to see this new release?

Me: awww nah. It’s about golf balls mate.

SE: but he posts a lot on Twitter.

Me:

SE: he’s got over 10 million followers.

Me:

____

I’m sure they do want their young star(lets) to be active on SM - but we, The viewing public just want 90 minutes of entertainment.

And the problem with encouraging people on to social media is that we then end up in a Susan Sarandon situation… 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 19
my sisters bridesmaid just told us a story that her 14 year old daughter filed a police report against her for "domestic violence". the claim? "mom took my phone" - I sometimes wonder how much of Ella's behavior is actually down to Alice, and how much is down to a pretty rotten generation.

Studio Executive: we’re releasing an epic film following one man’s search for the perfect golf-ball and how he decides to take on the established manufacturers and design his own.

You like Matt Damon don’t you?

Me: well aye, he’s not the worst.

SE: Will you be going to see this new release?

Me: awww nah. It’s about golf balls mate.

SE: but he posts a lot on Twitter.

Me:

SE: he’s got over 10 million followers.

Me:

____

I’m sure they do want their young star(lets) to be active on SM - but we, The viewing public just want 90 minutes of entertainment.

And the problem with encouraging people on to social media is that we then end up in a Susan Sarandon situation… 🤬
Look, I think Social Media is important.

imagine for example Alice had no social media. Absolutely no one would be interested in her d-list actress work. Now you have a few hundreds at least trying to (if she ever will be in anything again) because they bonded with her over something else (mostly over being a toxic woman that abused her supposedly cheating husband, but many also bonded with her over being a celeb that gave them personal attention or stupid political takes etc). Ultimately many fans are not fans of the actor, but fans of a community that happens to support that actor as well. That's even for the big stars common. I mean this is something that clearly happened to Ioan too, hence why so many jumped ship as the community D&L&Alice cultivated for him was very couple driven (a mistake I see them doing again by including Bianca too much, but at least she isnt communicating with them as much and this openly), same also with the first community that was cultivated for him that he then killed himself (this wasnt couple driven, quite the opposite, but it was a community that largely ended up supporting him because of the community)

And this could be actually key because many side character roles are ultimately assigned to actors that can bring fans to the shows. So a complete unknown that can act ok loses out to a SM junkie that cant act tit but has her 100 fanatic fans. Ironically without the RO Alice would actually be in a far better position career-wise than pre-seperation. I believe Ioan got a role upgraded in one movie earlier in his career because of his website. Much as Loopy and Alice try to put anything about tattle down as a death sentence his popularity here even could be good for him. The studios don't care which people watch your shows, the key is that someone watches it.

Ioan is in the category of actors that have enough casual fans in his own right (the reaction to him being signed for BB4, and the recent Fantastic 4 chatter shows that), something Alice severly lacks. but he is more signed because he is a good and recognisable enough actor for casuals to give the show a shot. He doesnt have the following that guarantees a series/movie to become a hit, but very few have.

It doesnt hurt to put it this way, especially while struggling to find work and while you are in a phase where lead roles will become tougher (not only due age but also due to the reaction/press the divorce caused for him, only A-listers come out of his unharmed)

Having said this I think the things he was tried to be forced into (Q&A etc) were silly for someone that doesnt like this sort of thing. I think just having Social Media is already huge. Plenty actors don't even have that.

PS: also Social Media can backfire badly. The drama with the FB group shows that doing people favours (his videos are waaaaay more than 99 % of all celebs do) just increases their demands on you. He was seriously lynched for doing too little for fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
my sisters bridesmaid just told us a story that her 14 year old daughter filed a police report against her for "domestic violence". the claim? "mom took my phone" - I sometimes wonder how much of Ella's behavior is actually down to Alice, and how much is down to a pretty rotten generation.

Look, I think Social Media is important.

imagine for example Alice had no social media. Absolutely no one would be interested in her d-list actress work. Now you have a few hundreds at least trying to (if she ever will be in anything again) because they bonded with her over something else (mostly over being a toxic woman that abused her supposedly cheating husband, but many also bonded with her over being a celeb that gave them personal attention or stupid political takes etc). Ultimately many fans are not fans of the actor, but fans of a community that happens to support that actor as well. That's even for the big stars common. I mean this is something that clearly happened to Ioan too, hence why so many jumped ship as the community D&L&Alice cultivated for him was very couple driven (a mistake I see them doing again by including Bianca too much, but at least she isnt communicating with them as much and this openly), same also with the first community that was cultivated for him that he then killed himself (this wasnt couple driven, quite the opposite, but it was a community that largely ended up supporting him because of the community)

And this could be actually key because many side character roles are ultimately assigned to actors that can bring fans to the shows. So a complete unknown that can act ok loses out to a SM junkie that cant act tit but has her 100 fanatic fans. Ironically without the RO Alice would actually be in a far better position career-wise than pre-seperation. I believe Ioan got a role upgraded in one movie earlier in his career because of his website. Much as Loopy and Alice try to put anything about tattle down as a death sentence his popularity here even could be good for him. The studios don't care which people watch your shows, the key is that someone watches it.

Ioan is in the category of actors that have enough casual fans in his own right (the reaction to him being signed for BB4, and the recent Fantastic 4 chatter shows that), something Alice severly lacks. but he is more signed because he is a good and recognisable enough actor for casuals to give the show a shot. He doesnt have the following that guarantees a series/movie to become a hit, but very few have.

It doesnt hurt to put it this way, especially while struggling to find work and while you are in a phase where lead roles will become tougher (not only due age but also due to the reaction/press the divorce caused for him, only A-listers come out of his unharmed)

Having said this I think the things he was tried to be forced into (Q&A etc) were silly for someone that doesnt like this sort of thing. I think just having Social Media is already huge. Plenty actors don't even have that.

PS: also Social Media can backfire badly. The drama with the FB group shows that doing people favours (his videos are waaaaay more than 99 % of all celebs do) just increases their demands on you. He was seriously lynched for doing too little for fans.
Ioan, if you’re reading this you are familiar with my humorous comms campaigns already.

I’m more than happy to give you some pro bono PR and a more professional fan club in return for an introduction to Alun, a signed Titanic DVD, and a selection of Mama G’s home baked goods which Bee raved about when you came to Wales.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It's wrong to condemn a whole generation. Those with kids who report them to Police over nothing are from parents who struggle to parent. That said, the system in the UK anyway is set up to "support kids." I will give you one example, a single mother had her 6 yo daughter tell the school that her mum beat her with a hanger and the school reported it to Police. Turns out it was all a lie and of course there is no consequences for the kid when they do this. The kid is now on Child Protection although they recognise that the abuse didn't happen. It's because they know the parent is struggling and things could get much worse unless they deal with it.

Look, I think Social Media is important. imagine for example Alice had no social media.
That would be wonderful but we wouldn't have 223 threads either.

so many jumped ship as the community D&L & Alice cultivated for him was very couple driven (a mistake I see them doing again by including Bianca too much, but at least she isn't communicating with them as much and this openly), same also with the first community that was cultivated for him that he then killed himself (this wasn't couple driven, quite the opposite, but it was a community that largely ended up supporting him because of the community)
As for the FB page D&L ran, it was more a question of Alice (yet again) inserting herself in his fandom and trying to make them a package deal (just like she now does with the kids). So it wasn't 'couple driven' it was AE being a narc as usual. As for Bianca, she's not a narc, so it's not the same thing. If, for example, IG leaves BW, and then Lin turns it into a hate site again against IG, then it's the same but I really don't see that happening and BW wouldn't be egging on Lin behind the scenes either. It would be on Lin, not Bianca, if she does the same dumbass routine again but it won't happen imo.

The 'first community' was IoanOnline and it started after Titanic so well before AE came on the scene. So no it wasn't 'couple driven' thank duck, it was an IG fansite. As for "it was a community that largely ended up supporting him because of the community" eh no. It was full of quite invested fans (not like the FB page) and he lost 99% of his fanbase when AE told him to stop supporting it. So the 'community' ie fanbase disappeared pretty much after the website vanished though a lot of people went on IMDB boards to vent about the whole nasty outcome of AE's involvement in his fanbase.

I believe Ioan got a role upgraded in one movie earlier in his career because of his website. Much as Loopy and Alice try to put anything about tattle down as a death sentence his popularity here even could be good for him. The studios don't care which people watch your shows, the key is that someone watches it.
Yes, that was Blackhawk Down although it was still quite a small part that he got but at least it was a speaking part. It would be hilarious if a casting agent saw the 223 threads and decided to cast him based on that. If you google him this comes up but further down the page.

1700933056516.png

Ioan is in the category of actors that have enough casual fans in his own right (the reaction to him being signed for BB4, and the recent Fantastic 4 chatter shows that), something Alice severly lacks.
That's not all she lacks, she hasn't got an agent, the looks or the talent either and is unpleasant to work with. But it's true, people remember him and in the UK he has reasonable name recognition.

the things he was tried to be forced into (Q&A etc) were silly for someone that doesnt like this sort of thing. I think just having Social Media is already huge. Plenty actors don't even have that. PS: also Social Media can backfire badly. The drama with the FB group shows that doing people favours (his videos are waaaaay more than 99 % of all celebs do) just increases their demands on you. He was seriously lynched for doing too little for fans.
Actually, I don't see it this way. The fact that he funded a website for 2 years shows that he appreciated it, even though officially he was 'hands off' he was feeding the webmistress information and was lurking too (as was Alice sadly). I think where the FB page went wrong was (as usual) through AE's involvement. She groomed D&L and then used them to boost her own profile and bully IG. There is nothing wrong with doing fans a little video (it would be nice if IG and BW did one imo) or the occasional Q&A. It's not wrong to ask for the occasional thing, like picking out a number plus IG can always decline and I don't think BW would try to bully him into it either.

However, Lin got too involved in many ways (like being AE's online bestie) and it seems got herself into a right state when her twitter campaign to get IG another season of Forever flopped. This also shows the limits of SM when a shows numbers just aren't that good. Also he wasn't 'lynched for doing too little for fans', he was lynched online for leaving Alice, the most wonderful woman her gay therapist ever met, and that wasn't allowed apparently. Thankfully the FMs (almost all of them) have wised up and the online lynching is a thing of the past.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s not the children, it’s the adults. We’re the rotten ones. And with that I’m in no way blaming your friend. By adults I mean all of us as a society and the messages we send to kids and teens. As a mother of a teen and a preteen I have seen many parents, teachers, etc whose behaviour sets a very bad example even if they’re perfectly fine with their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it’s very kind of Yo to continue with Lin, losing Deb must have been tough. I think all involved with Mal learned some lessons about boundaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think it’s very kind of Yo to continue with Lin, losing Deb must have been tough. I think all involved with Mal learned some lessons about boundaries.
Yep. AE doesn't have any which is why she has fucked up the enmeshed kids, one of whom has behaved in a criminal manner more than once, another sign of 'no boundaries' parenting.

Everything Alice gets involved with turns to tit. She and her FMs tried to get these threads closed down too by picking fights on here. But we're still here! (Hi Alice 😘 )

Reactions: 15
I agree that if IG was young and starting out as an actor he would have his SM numbers looked at. But he's not young and he made his name before SM took off. It depends on the size of the project and who they are casting for tbh. I doubt Will Smith looked at IG's SM numbers and gave him the job based on that. A big movie like BB4 has a massive marketing budget so they don't need IG to tweet day and night about it. He's lucky in that respect as while he likes lurking he was never into posting.
Many actors these days don’t even use social media. Daniel Radcliffe for example or David Tennant (ps how excellent was the return of Doctor Who btw!?) so I don’t think it’s that important any more tbh.

Reactions: 12
Wow just catching up, I'm so honored to be part of my very first thread title, and even more honored to share it with the amazing @Ametrine ❤🐀

I was too busy trying to figure out if this very kind exchange student from Germany that spent part of Thanksgiving with us was welp. They may have walked away from the encounters wondering why Americans are so obsessed with minor celebrity drama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Regarding acting talent and SM profiles etc. Keanu - dear sweet Keanu - I doubt he’ll go down in history as our generation’s Olivier - it he seems widely regarded as a “good egg” and is of course notoriously private. I think Ioan has much of the same egginess - people just like him and I doubt he brings drama to the set (anymore). John Cusack is an excellent actor but allegedly a solid gold grade A bleep.

I will never know the ins and outs of Hollywood - but my pure heart will believe Ioan is hired because he’s a “good egg” and not because he told Kevin Spacey to paint him “like one of your French [girls]”.

Reactions: 19
Many actors these days don’t even use social media. Daniel Radcliffe for example or David Tennant (ps how excellent was the return of Doctor Who btw!?) so I don’t think it’s that important any more tbh.
BIB - we loved it! Or maybe it's David Tennant AS the Doctor we love, either way it's a big (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Regarding acting talent and SM profiles etc. Keanu - dear sweet Keanu - I doubt he’ll go down in history as our generation’s Olivier - it he seems widely regarded as a “good egg” and is of course notoriously private. I think Ioan has much of the same egginess - people just like him and I doubt he brings drama to the set (anymore). John Cusack is an excellent actor but allegedly a solid gold grade A bleep.

I will never know the ins and outs of Hollywood - but my pure heart will believe Ioan is hired because he’s a “good egg” and not because he told Kevin Spacey to paint him “like one of your French [girls]”.
Oh yes, I remember seeing John Cusack's tweets years ago and thinking what an absolute hole he is. Really didn’t paint him as that goofy romantic lead type. Doing SM suits some people, like Ryan Reynolds, some are private, not into it, and stay away, and it doesn't make one bit of difference to hiring for jobs. Some use it and exposes them as arseholes. Hello John, snd Alice.

Reactions: 13
my pure heart will believe Ioan is hired because he’s a “good egg”
Yes but that's not enough to get you hired when you are C list. You need talent and looks too.

I don't think AE is even on any list now, not even Z list. She's unhireable and all her indiscretion and divorce drama/DVRO was the nail in the coffin of her career. That's why it's laughable when her Insta 'fans' (who are very casual 'know nothing' fans) say they want her to act again and AE pretends it's going to happen. She still has 86.6k followers on Insta which isn't bad, but no one will hire her on the basis of those numbers. There's other things to consider too.

Reactions: 14
Yes but that's not enough to get you hired when you are C list. You need talent and looks too.

I don't think AE is even on any list now, not even Z list. She's unhireable and all her indiscretion and divorce drama/DVRO was the nail in the coffin of her career. That's why it's laughable when her Insta 'fans' (who are very casual 'know nothing' fans) say they want her to act again and AE pretends it's going to happen. She still has 86.6k followers on Insta which isn't bad, but no one will hire her on the basis of those numbers. There's other things to consider too.
Why would they hire Alice if they can have someone like Kathy Bates, Jennifer Coolidge, Glen Close, Meryl Streep... They can act and they all come with no drama, are discreet and are not pill popping drunks who will try to put your business on front street.

Reactions: 27
Dominic West doesn't seem to do social media, has had at least one actual affair and seems to be doing pretty fine
---

I wonder how many of these 86.6k followers are real people. Tone increased his following by a block of 500 far eastern followers overnight (bought and paid for bots). I suspect Alice's followers are not what they seem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Dominic West doesn't seem to do social media, has had at least one actual affair and seems to be doing pretty fine
---

I wonder how many of these 86.6k followers are real people. Tone increased his following by a block of 500 far eastern followers overnight (bought and paid for bots). I suspect Alice's followers are not what they seem.
Yeah, I think the actual number is closer to the likes her posts get.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.