Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #217 Digging out your minging old rags isn't vintage, it's just manky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alice must have coughed up the dough to renew her lease, because on the apartments website her address now shows
Check Back Soon for Upcoming Availability, unlike last week when it appeared to be an active rental.
Well, we should soon find out as that website also shows when the contract was signed earlier this year. The upcoming week should be interesting in that respect.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I can see the upshot of this case being physical custody awarded to Alice, with visitation to Ioan. I can also see Ioan eventually relocating to the UK, where work is likely more plentiful for him. And, I can see a power shift between Alice and her daughters. As they get older, they'll be far less likely to put up with mum's antics and Ella, at least, could become teen-from-hell abusive. Be careful what you wish for, Alice.

/MOO
That is going to be different kind of hell she's going to face. She won't be able to offload them on Gloria because she won't have the money to pay and those girls will just refuse to go. I bet they will gang up on her when she tries to pull her antics on them. She is a drunk, pill popping wreck, who has parentified those girls. She will reap that whirlwind.
Once the custody is finalised everyone will move on. Ioan will have used up all his money fighting her, she will have exhausted her funds too. There is nothing interesting about a broke ass divorce.
She has at least another eight years of Ioan giving her money for the girls. In 4 years that will be halved. So she is in for a hellish ride once puberty hits Ella and then Elsie. May she live in interesting times.

Reactions: 42
My question is: what the hell is Alice going to do about housing? She blew all the money on rent and a nanny (!!), obviously trying to get more cash from IG and live in the style she deems herself accustomed to. There’s no more money. IG is broke. His funds are frozen. BW is dealing with the major bills. He’s only had one role this year, likely due to Alice’s toxic shenanigans. He can’t afford to pay for what she endlessly demands. So where are they going to live? Is she going to pull some trick whereby they’re papped at a shelter or emergency housing? Will she take them over stafe lines or even further north? What options does she have? She’s flat broke, the money tree has been chopped down and incinerated, and she refuses to get a job. She isn’t going to be able to bag a rich man with her history and attitude; no-one’s going to bankroll her.
Do we think she deliberately engineered this crisis to get back at IG for selling the La Jolla house (and daring to leave her, obviously)?
100%. She took that apartment knowing she couldn’t afford it and is waiting for him to step in and help so his children aren’t homeless.

same way she moved Elsie’s school knowing that Ioan wouldn’t move her again, twice in a school year.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
How can someone try to prove they are the better person for the girls during the evaluation but at the same time try and provide proof that they are physically too unwell to work. I would love to be a fly on the wall watching her performance over the next few weeks. I imagine she’ll contradict herself over & over again.

Reactions: 33

Let’s hope the new house tenants don’t mind sharing their front lawn.

My bingo card says she’s going to squat at her latest address until forcibly removed. 🤔 🍿

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
One thing I’m confident of is that Alice will duck up her relationship with the girls. She’s fucked up every relationship she’s ever had.

They’re not babies and they are not stupid. I’m sure they already know her behaviour is not normal. That’s why Ella was making excuses for Alice in court and why she wouldn’t engage with therapy.

It must be scary for them and they will to some extent blame their dad for putting them in this position.

Alice is not clever or crafty, she thinks she’s smart but she’s over-confident and the girls will see through her too eventually.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I would love to be a fly on the wall watching her performance over the next few weeks. I imagine she’ll contradict herself over & over again.
It's going to be a crazy 3 months. Dupee will probably need 3 sharp ones at the end of every day. I expect the 'nice Alice' veneer to crumble as some stage, maybe the first week, LOL and Dupee will get the hairdryer treatment a la the car park rant.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well, we should soon find out as that website also shows when the contract was signed earlier this year. The upcoming week should be interesting in that respect.
Her "We LOVE IT here in this lovely house!" post on 2nd September sounds so cynical and forced, almost like she's laying the foundations for a sob story when she can't afford to renew the lease and has to move in a month...

Reactions: 26
Thread Title Suggestion:
Transcript Tuesday, the Big Enchilada & the badly packed kabob

Credit: Tattle Collab 😭
@Old Soak, this made me snort cornflakes at 7am, genuinely thank you for this truly joyous start to my day 😄 I don’t know why “the big enchilada” has tickled me so much, but I’m going to refrain from any inappropriate comments about Judge J’s big enchilada, because I am a grown up. Ahem.

I’m so disappointed with how quickly the issue of Alice changing schools was breezed over. I get that the damage is already done, but she *deliberately* broke a court order. If there are no sanctions imposed for behaviour like this, what’s the point of making court orders in the first place? Clearly all this is contributing to the eventual wider body of evidence in regard to her crappy parenting/adulting, I get that. But… she just gets to break all the rules and do whatever the duck she likes? It’s so frustrating to watch. I would be a tit lawyer 😅

Thank you so much Hiraeth for bringing all the facts to the table for us. Your efforts are so appreciated 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 39
By the time this gets heard in court, no matter the evaluator's report and some attempts at reunification counseling with the girls (which might help with Elsie) and separate counseling for the girls, it will have been two-and-a-half years of Ioan having no active, physical part in raising his children. His attempts at visitation were always with a stranger present (because of Alice) and never progressed past six hours once a week and just as often those visits didn't go forward or were a hot mess and often aborted at some point during attempt at visitation, ending with D Day which completely fractured the little-to-no relationship he already had with them and the girls showing they wanted no relationship with Bianca and the girls showing contempt for their father yet again.

I don't hold out much hope for his relationship with Ella and visitation because of her age. I don't see him even getting Elsie 50 percent of the time. I hate to be a negative Nellie. I also don't have faith that Ioan's attorney will come to court will all of the proof of these socks being Alice and all of the effort Alice puts into her online harassment. Not that I thnk it should put Alice in jail, as that will turn the kids against Ioan forever and maybe even the public. But it could show the court how unstable she is, for all that's worth.

I don't know the answer, but there is no happy ending. And the kids living with Ioan full-time would destroy his relationship with Bianca and/or put her health at real risk. She's not that healthy as it is, which is another whole ball of wax in this dynamic of the children and moving in.

It's a clusterfuck. The court can find that the children need to have a relationship with their father and have visitation, but that doesn't mean it works at this point. Hopefully, his counseling with little Elsie might help their fractured relationship. But he needs a real relationship when he sees Elsie, not a monitored relationship for a few hours. He also needs time to spend with Elsie without Bianca even in the mix. It's all one big hot mess. It's just sad to me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Thank you for the transcript ❤
That makes me so sad, for all of the involved. The girls must be so worried and upset with everything that has happened. Is there a way forward that will help them? I am not sure removing them from Alice is the way. I definitely think Alice needs help.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Alice won't want them if they don't come with $$$$$$.

She has said previously she doesn't like the grind of everyday parenting, only the "fun" parts. So she simply doesn't bother.

She'll dump them on him so fast the moment she meets someone with money (unfortunately for her this will never happen)....but she plays the devoted mother who can't be without them for a second - but Elsie was effectively adopted by another family because Alice couldn't be bothered to get up out of her bed and parent her.

Reactions: 33
This whole saga really REALLY shows the power of a self-fulfilling prophecy.... all along Alice has been Fear (plus about a million other mental/ social/ emotional issue) driven that she would be on the streets and Ioan would take the girls and that I & B would play 'happy families' and she'd be replaced... just like Betty Broderick she basically is making it happen for herself.
I don’t think she is fear driven or that she worries about the impact of her actions. She doesn’t care or think about consequences because everything is someone else’s fault and therefore someone else’s responsibility. She is quite feral in her responses to everything.

If she feared or worried about her situation she would take steps to avoid the worse or catastrophic outcomes. Despite being warned about these over and over she steered into them with her reckless and dangerous behaviour.

She would still be doing tit if Ioan gave her the house and all his money.

Alice will never change and unless you submit to her coercion she will keep attacking. Even when you submit she will abuse you.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thank you for the transcript ❤
That makes me so sad, for all of the involved. The girls must be so worried and upset with everything that has happened. Is there a way forward that will help them? I am not sure removing them from Alice is the way. I definitely think Alice needs help.
Nope, she needs a job and to start paying her bills. Her type don’t engage with MH services anyway and if she wants to it’s on her now.

ETA a job would do her the absolute world of good. She’d be a 100 times better off in every way than she is now.

Reactions: 22
I wrote most of this last night but had a medically eventful evening with Mr. H and couldn't post.
Bless you for this, @Hiraeth, and thank you so much.
Re: the issue of Elsie’s unauthorised school move… what happens next with this? Will this be used as more evidence of Alice’s illegal and unlawful behaviour; will she be sanctioned? Will the judge consider it as part of a series of illegal/unlawful activities, such as the false identities on Twitter, or will it be addressed separately?
These are all good questions. I think, based on the transcript's description of how the school discussion went in court, that the status quo will remain for now. The main goal for Ioan, I believe, is to minimize disruption to the girls' lives as much as possible (as much as it can be possible in these difficult circumstances). Pressing the issue would cause further disruption in little E's life and possibly make both girls' lives more difficult if Alice were immediately held to account (imagine how she would be to live with, for them). Obviously little E would have stayed in the same school regardless of what happened with her living situation, if Alice had followed the court order. But she didn't, and Ioan is choosing to lose this battle for little E's sake. However, the judge obviously noticed it (judges aren't happy when their orders are ignored) and this will be a contributing factor in considering custody and which parent really does have the children's best interests at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Re the schooling issue.

I think the timing of events meant it was difficult for Anne to present a clear and verifiable account of what happened. All this took place when Ioan and Alice were doing conventions. Anne basically said the school has been changed and my client didn’t consent beforehand but he hasn’t instructed me to do anything about it. I would say the change had been established and Ioan was working.

She won’t get away with it. The GAL and the evaluator will take note. They will also note that Ioan put Elsie first and didn’t put her in the centre of a new row. If that had happened Elsie would be faced with uncertainty over a school change because Alice would make that happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
He might not be asking for it to be enforced but it is yet another example of how Alice takes no notice whatsoever of court orders.

It's disrespectful to the court.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.