Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #182 4th of July is Ioan’s Independence Day. See you next Tuesday, Alice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m like the rest of you - love the outcome but so thirsty for more details. Regardless, it’s going to be real hard for the FMs to continue their narrative, not that they let facts get in their way. Such good news. This week seemed interminable. On to July 3!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She could absolutely have stood there to make her own case. She’s allowed to do that, anyone over 12 is allowed to. I think she felt the Bianca RO request was a slam dunk “yes”. duck around and find out, I guess.
She asked for a continuation regarding her father and time to get a lawyer because her father put other requests in there, mental health evaluation, etc. Alice is just using her to stall the custody and divorce and make his life miserable. There is no basis for Ella to do this. It is so sad that Ella is in cahoots with mom. Ella is truly estranged from her father.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
If Ella gets a lawyer, could they lawyer also represent Alice as well or would that be a conflict of interest?

Reactions: 7
Bianca is more dignified than me, but if I was her right now I would be doing this up and down the Abuser's street.

mr-bean-middle-finger.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I understand why the judge decided the way he did about Ioan. It’s part of why he was assigned the case in the first place - because he is familiar with the history of this divorce and can see this for what it is. Bianca’s was the one with a slightly better chance of being granted and it was denied. So I doubt VERY much that the one against Ioan will succeed.
But maybe, just maybe, if Ella has her own attorney--who is her advocate, acting in her best interests, can connect with Ella without her mama present (3rd party in on the representation ends the attorney/client privilege and attorneys don't want their clients to give that up so even so-so ones will talk only with the client, i,e. Ella). Ella and Alice having the same attorney (or same firm) would be a conflict of interest and I cannot see even a so-so attorney caving on that issue. Maybe attorney can get a GAL appointed for the girls in the divorce, advocate for evals to be done because that would be in the girls' best interest (and then be trusted enough to get Ella to agree).

Reactions: 22
Ioan’s is going to be continued to July 13, at his request and because the petitioner (Ella) asked to hire a lawyer. And this case has been combined with the divorce case.
Thank you so much for all the good intel, Butter Tart. It doesn’t seem to me like this is a clever time for Ella to double down.

Reactions: 21
If Ella gets a lawyer, could they lawyer also represent Alice as well or would that be a conflict of interest?
That would be a big old conflict. Family law attorneys would be leery of this--it is not worth losing your license for Alice's minor ducats.

Reactions: 14
She asked for a continuation regarding her father and time to get a lawyer because her father put other requests in there, mental health evaluation, etc. Alice is just using her to stall the custody and divorce and make his life miserable. There is no basis for Ella to do this. It is so sad that Ella is in cahoots with mom. Ella is truly estranged from her father.
Yup. Agree. She is entitled to one continuance though … and she’s using that to delay matters. My guess is she drops the request before the hearing.

Reactions: 37
Does the continuance of this case affect bifurcation? Or does it just mean that the RO is going to be heard with the custody stuff that was going tp be decided later anyway?

Reactions: 8
mAlice stalled the PRO against her for months. IMO, she thought Ella asking to obtain legal council would also be stall the custody hearing for months also. Likely did not expect the judge to give her only a few weeks.

Reactions: 26
Ioan’s is going to be continued to July 13, at his request and because the petitioner (Ella) asked to hire a lawyer. And this case has been combined with the divorce case.
Good. This means she will have a lawyer independently of Alice who will advise her properly. I hope they recommend a Guardian ad Litem for her too.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So I wasnt off the mark when I suggested that the judge could see wanting to hire a lawyer or GAL as a good reason to continue the hearing.

Ioan didnt submit a reply so it looks like he knew this, while Bianca knew that this wouldnt happen to her?

Anyway, it wont be granted.

My question now: Ioan has asked for lawyers to be appointed for the kids. I know that in custody cases the childrens lawyers are "neutral" ie not necessarily doing what the kids want but what they perceive the best interest of them. I'm assuming that if Ella hires her own lawyer for the restraining order that one cannot do the custody hearing, right?
Yup. Agree. She is entitled to one continuance though … and she’s using that to delay matters. My guess is she drops the request before the hearing.
I thought petitioner isnt entitled to any continuance unless its a very good reason? Just the respondent

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.