Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #166 Tomayto, Tomahto; DARVO, DVRO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a bit depressed reading through and seeing that the trial has been dismissed. I felt a bit deflated. So I put on Schitts Creek to continue my long marathon of trying to finish it. I haven't finished it, but it made me do a bit of a google on the origins of the story. One thing struck me in an interview with Dan Levy - he says about his father " I don’t think there’s a single person you could find in Hollywood that would say a bad thing about him....That it speaks volumes to his legacy in this industry....That is an exceptional model to set for me.". I honestly don't think there is a single person who has worked with Ioan in Hollywood who would say a bad thing about him. This is his legacy as a person. Alice's legacy is all her own and there is ample evidence of difficulties that people have had with her in the past. She owns it fully. That is her legacy as a person.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
duck me, first the Markles and now this, what a week of disappointment how the hell dows nothing stick to this bleep

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I know this isn’t a popular opinion but what is the point? The bleep continues to get away with severe parental alienation, not coparenting or aiding visitation or therapy or anything. She’s pissed away all their money, the kids don’t want to be with their Dad or are bribed, cajoled or threatened if they do want to be with him, and she runs ripshod over the darvo, the courts, and everything else. I’m sick to death of fuckos getting away with foul deeds you and I would be smacked down for. I doubt Ioan will get custody and even if he does the girls will just leave, unless there’s a huge distance between residences. And even then they will just hail an Uber. Don’t come at me but I’m not sure he should keep trying for anything but getting the divorce done and dusted.
Completely agree. Sometimes there just isn’t a happy or right ending and in the cases of PA what does/can that alienated parent do in the end without destroying their future happiness and their partner’s? I’ve said it before that I can’t see a happy ending with 50/50 at least for now. 🤷🏻‍♀️😕

🐮
edited to add: what we have to remember though is that although A and her enablers thinks she’s winning, she has actually destroyed her life (at least her lifestyle) whilst been hellbent on trying to destroy Ioan. All her own doing it, didn’t have to be that way. I’m sure IG would have seen her and the kids ok, now the money has run dry and what is she left with apart from a DVRO!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm keeping veeeerrrry quiet about this jeans-under-dresses debate because I definitely used to dress like this in the early 2000s :ROFLMAO:
*Raises hand* ‘me…too’ 😱
*Sinks into ground, never to reappear *
---
Alice's Case is dismissed
View attachment 2018436
What the absolute and utter duck?
Lawyers - how could (and did) this happen?!
Won’t this give her a green light to ramp up the abuse?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Either way this shows that Ioan has no problem in bringing things to court and I hope he will continue to do so. I also hope that this gives her a rocket up the bum to not do it again because he will continue to prosecute. As so he should.

I hope now, as @ButterTart has mentioned, the custody trial can come forward.

It’s possible she agreed to do counselling or training I suppose. OR, is it possible he dropped charges to speed up custody discussions? We know he’s playing the long game.

Alice Evans still has a Domestic Violence Restraining Order in place for another 2.5 years. This is not a victory although her idiots will crow that it is. Perhaps burden of proof was not met. Either way the DA felt there was enough to prosecute and it was given a court date. That’s still serious stuff.
Thanks for the chuckle. I immediately pictured mAlice rocketing to the moon with her signature open mouth eye popping pose! 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What the absolute and utter duck?
Lawyers - how could (and did) this happen?!
Won’t this give her a green light to ramp up the abuse?
Yes. The system is designed to protect people exactly like Alice.

It's really disheartening to see so many people disappointed when the whole system is rigged to support wealthy privileged people like her.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Not an unpopular opinion at all tbh. I think we feel this. As does Ioan I’m quite sure. 😩
Sadly it’s a hugely unpopular opinion, if he doesn’t keep insisting on seeing them he has “abandoned his kids”.. and that’s coming from tattlers!

My even more unpopular opinion is he should give them the bare minimum he legally can and if they want more they have to put in an effort to salvage their relationship with him. Apparently that’s what talks in the Evans house and he needs to reset that whole attitude. It might take one year it might take five but it will work. Until then he should move on and live his best life.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Well I didn’t see that coming. What sort of crap judicial system is this? I bet they just didn’t want to spend resources on it and Malice’s lawyer went on about the effect it will have on Alice and it’s her first offence. Meanwhile the victims are stood on and forgotten about.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
My even more unpopular opinion is he should give them the bare minimum he legally can and if they want more they have to put in an effort to salvage their relationship with him. Apparently that’s what talks in the Evans house and he needs to reset that whole attitude. It might take one year it might take five but it will work. Until then he should move on and live his best life.
That's exactly what he should do and I think it's the only way to get his kids to respect him.

He should make the relationship as transactional as possible and give them the least t amount of money needed. Bare bones nothing more.

He needs to speak to them in a language that they understand and given all the time that they've spent with Alice, money will be their mother tongue.

Alice has no way to make money and yo has nothing but possibility in front of him. He and Bee should move back to Australia so she can be by her family and be healthy. He should put out some kind of press release stating that he's working on the relationship with his children and leave it at that.

They will come to him only under those terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tone sounds a bit piddled on Twitter!!! Maybe in celebration mode!!! 😜

P.S. Alice… you show yourself so often… PERIOD!!! 😉

Reactions: 6
Yes. The system is designed to protect people exactly like Alice.

It's really disheartening to see so many people disappointed when the whole system is rigged to support wealthy privileged people like her.
It’s so disappointing. Imagine how many other people out there are doing the same as Alice, dragging out the justice system and hurting people in the meantime. 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My thoughts:

1. There may have been a plea deal where the charges were dismissed in lieu of DV and/or anger management classes. I don't see her being let off free and clear. That would be a reckless act by the judge, IMO.

2. I suspect there have been more violations and more charges could be filed. These were just initial charges for breaches up until early December. She's done more in the past 3 months on Twitter alone, no? God only knows what's happened privately. The whole Backgrid incident/video has yet to be handled. Who was behind it?

I believe any further charges would have a different outcome. She's been given a reprieve. What she does from here on out to avoid a criminal record is entirely up to her.

---
Regarding the children:

Keep the door open, but let them go for now. I wouldn't push for contact and if she's barring them from therapy? Just keep gathering the evidence and keep on keeping on. He is not a Sorcerer. He can only do so much when up against someone daily alienating the girls from him.

The tides will turn. So much happens quietly and behind the scenes. I think the July hearing will shift everything. I'd play the long game and bide my time, personally.

Meanwhile? Start creating the life you plan to live with your supportive partner and model what a healthy romantic relationship looks like to your girls. Model what it looks like to be surrounded by family. Model what it looks like to heal and grow and thrive.

That is most definitely me MOO-ing. 🔥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Some interesting comments on Andrea Burkhart’s tweet!

Well I mean the tweet content was dishwater, but interesting that this person chose to comment publicly.

Well ok it’s not actually very interesting at all 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My thoughts:

1. There may have been a plea deal where the charges were dismissed in lieu of DV and/or anger management classes. I don't see her being let off free and clear. That would be a reckless act by the judge, IMO.

2. I suspect there have been more violations and more charges could be filed. These were just initial charges for breaches up until early December. She's done more in the past 3 months on Twitter alone, no? God only knows what's happened privately. The whole Backgrid incident/video has yet to be handled. Who was behind it?

I believe any further charges would have a different outcome. She's been given a reprieve. What she does from here on out to avoid a criminal record is entirely up to her.

---
Regarding the children:

Keep the door open, but let them go for now. I wouldn't push for contact and if she's barring them from therapy? Just keep gathering the evidence and keep on keeping on. He is not a Sorcerer. He can only do so much when up against someone daily alienating the girls from him.

The tides will turn. So much happens quietly and behind the scenes. I think the July hearing will shift everything. I'd play the long game and bide my time, personally.

Meanwhile? Start creating the life you plan to live with your supportive partner and model what a healthy romantic relationship looks like to your girls. Model what it looks like to be surrounded by family. Model what it looks like to heal and grow and thrive.

I thought the same about Al having to do anger management classes. Then laughed about how useless that will be and how quickly she'll be in court again.

Reactions: 11
I know this isn’t a popular opinion but what is the point? The bleep continues to get away with severe parental alienation, not coparenting or aiding visitation or therapy or anything. She’s pissed away all their money, the kids don’t want to be with their Dad or are bribed, cajoled or threatened if they do want to be with him, and she runs ripshod over the darvo, the courts, and everything else. I’m sick to death of fuckos getting away with foul deeds you and I would be smacked down for. I doubt Ioan will get custody and even if he does the girls will just leave, unless there’s a huge distance between residences. And even then they will just hail an Uber. Don’t come at me but I’m not sure he should keep trying for anything but getting the divorce done and dusted.
I hear ya. And it might get to a point where the only reasonable option with a chance of a long term relationship with the girls is to take a step back and leave them be for a while, as heartbreaking for him and them as that would be. Utterly horrible and Alice is responsible for ruining not just Ioan’s life but the lives of her children.

She still lives in misery though, and it’s all she deserves. She won’t be able to remain in the house forever. Her chickens will come home to roost in a few short years when the kids are teens dealing with emotional trauma. She goes to sleep each night alone, knowing Ioan is a short drive away sleeping in the arms of a gorgeous woman who is the better and bigger person. Alice’s life is a horrible one to live and it’s all her own doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember this trend very well too, thankfully I never succumbed to it, but was partial to bootcut jeans, a hideous belt and a handkerchief top 🙈🤣 . The only thing I miss from those days, is my figure 😩
I also miss bootcut; but they luckily back in trend! They suit my figure perfectly. Not so practical whennit rains as the cuffs collect all the rainwater 😂 miss my figure too - cant believe I thought I was fat back then!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
AB: Alice's criminal charges were dismissed at her pretrial conference yesterday. At this point, we know nothing about why or how. But it is definitely a fortunate development for Alice and it will bring the ongoing disputes with Ioan back into the family court to manage.

Fortunate indeed but as was said, she breached the RO this year too and IG could ask his lawyer to notify the authorities about that. She will likely have been ordered to do a course in DV awareness. It will be hilarious if she has to do this in person. She will be the only woman in the room.

Scarlet for her.

AB: The DVRO is still in place so I doubt the dismissal was initiated by Ioan, but I'll be keeping an eye on the divorce case for developments suggesting there have been negotiations going on behind the scenes.

Lin: This woman is like Teflon. She should count her luck and stAy off Twitter to concentrate on finding a job and packing the house. She’s had so many chances to do good things but ultimately ruins it. Thank you for explaining the developments.

Agree with Lin. How things have changed...

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
My thoughts:

---
Regarding the children:

Unless procedure errors this isnt usually on the judge, but on the prosecutor. And indeed they usually only drop charges if the other side does something in return (unless witnesses or evidence were dropped/dismissed so much that going after this is a waste of time). Getting off on the record like Alice on the first offence is not uncommon.

Regarding the discussion as to how much Ioan should fight...without knowing the ins-and-outs I think he is doing it fine. He seems to enjoy life while fighting for his kids while not bending to unreasonable demands. It all takes patience but eventually it will pay off whatever the future holds.

Reactions: 20
My thoughts:

---
Regarding the children:

I love this MOO-ing

Reactions: 8
BIB - exactly hit the nail on the head. Like how she has an 'idea' of what kind people do on SM but didn't really get it until she saw how Bianca responds - then she attempted to copy that style, but she can't maintain it. Its like she doesn't really know who she is at her core and keeps trying to 'make it fit', but it just ends up looking like an ugly sister trying to squeeze into a shoe that isn't hers
eta typo
Her whole persona is trying to act like a human as if she doesn't know how, and failing

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.