Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #127 Get a job before your kids do Alice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Google Drive Hornblower Audiobook Link

I have tried to be a good employee (only recording (you can only do it real-time) during breaks today) and be a good wife (spending quality time with hubby this evening), but I have been working on the audio cassettes of IG and can I just say that the software that is supplied with some of the gadgets to covert cassettes to MP3s is really not up to date, and you have to download extra programmes etc, ànd it is very frustrating! I have literally spent hours converting 2 books only to successfully transfer one book onto Google drive so far!

Sorry, I am not bitching at you fellow Tattlers but at the sheer audacity of the false promotion of "simple" conversion" gadgets like these. Wait until I write my review 😈

But, they did not call me "that bloody woman" for no reason (many years ago, mind you, but this testosterone menopause treatment is starting to have some noticeable effects 😁 ), and I am persistent.
I will continue tomorrow - when I am not working and can cheerfully devote more attention to the task - to get the other books I have obtained into the drive.

So at least another 3 books should be uploaded in the next few days. Apologies in advance for any problems with the links - I am not completely IT literate.
Sorry but this rubs me the wrong way. No disrespect intended but copying books takes money out of the pockets of the creators. It’s pirating content. And it’s basically stealing from the author.

Reactions: 4
Sorry but this rubs me the wrong way. No disrespect intended but copying books takes money out of the pockets of the creators. It’s pirating content. And it’s basically stealing from the author.
they seem practically impossible to get from what I understand, so no harm done imo

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I would love to see your stuff but I’m guessing not possible due to doxxing?
❤❤❤ One of these days I’ll find a way, as long as it doesn’t break Tattle rules/looks like promoting cuz I don’t mean to promote anything lol. But if you just wanna see: I play around with different mediums, no real solid style right now, haha. I had to rush the stuff below a lil bit.

0CDBC40F-E79C-420B-BDA7-699A6FDA64B2.jpeg

78ADED28-E35C-46C8-9E09-314D00175059.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
The donation was whatever it took to stop a defamation case against them Lol. Would be great to find out though.
Good, and I hope this is the end of the abuser’s collaboration with the fail. Are they so happy to promote her vile abuse that they are ready to risk paying more?

Reactions: 16
Forester's books/works are public domain at this point. So there is no copyright being breached.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don’t think it’s that anyone wants to avoid paying but they are only on tape and no digital copies exists of it

• Heart
Reactions: 19
While I am no expert, the libel laws are not the same everywhere. JD lost in London and won in Virginia.

As the CA lawyers complained to the DM, which law is applicable? BW is a CA resident and the DM is based in London.

Reactions: 9
Forester's books/works are public domain at this point. So there is no copyright being breached.
The books may be. But the audio version may not.

they seem practically impossible to get from what I understand, so no harm done imo
Sorry, but as an author, I’d disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What money is being stolen, though? There are no more cassettes of the audiobooks available save maybe one on eBay. How is one to obtain them if they aren’t being sold any longer? I’m genuinely curious. This is coming from another author, btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
We’ll said @Citney. This is how I feel about Ioan and Bianca. I am rooting for Ioan because he is a victim of Domestic Violence and Abuse. Has been denied seeing his children and having the closecand loving relationship that he had before The Abuser PA’d them. I admire him as an actor, and yes there may have been a little crush way waaay back in the day. Ioan has always come across as a decent, kind, and genuine human being. Bianca, although I don’t know very much about her, has dealt with the diagnosis of a serious and life limiting illness with huge dollops of courage and grace. She also seems to be a king, grounded , and yes I have huge amounts of respect for her. I wish them all the best in life, whether they stay together or not. I hope that their personal and professional projects fly and meet huge success, they both deserve it.
The Abuser? She can get in the bin, which will be rolled into the LA tar pits where she can wallow for eternity.
This is exactly how I feel and you said it better than I ever could. 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 21
While I am no expert, the libel laws are not the same everywhere. JD lost in London and won in Virginia.

As the CA lawyers complained to the DM, which law is applicable? BW is a CA resident and the DM is based in London.
The defences to libel are the same in the UK and the US in all meaningful ways.
UK: There are four main defences available to a defendant in a libel or slander action: truth; honest opinion; publication on a matter of public interest and privilege (qualified or absolute).
US: truth; fair comment; qualified privilege; absolute privilege; public interest

I didn't follow the Depp case but I believe in the US he was suing based on the op-ed in the Washington Post that Amber Heard wrote. And he sued her, not the paper. In the UK, he sued the paper. There was also a judge-only trial in the UK, and a jury in the US. Small differences but still...

In the DM case, it likely would have been found to be defamatory in the UK and the US, as the statement could be provably shown to be untrue.

The books may be. But the audio version may not.

The copyright attaches to the work itself (i.e., the story), not the means of publication... if the work is public domain, as this is, there is no longer copyright attaching. It became public domain in 2017.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It would be massive victory for Alice if Bianca and Ioan were dragged on Tattle. Persecuting them publicly was her plan from the beginning, she doesn’t care what’s being said about her as long as she’s in the headlines and she’s doing everything she can to create those. I don’t see why we should go along with her sick plan. 🤷🏻‍♀️
There is no reason to go along, because unlike the abuser, IG and BW have not done anything wrong in public. They kept a dignified silence while the harpe was sending armies against them. Anything we might say about them is pure speculation, as I’ve said before.

Reactions: 12
They are only available on cassette and most of us don't have cassette players now so we wouldn't be purchasing these used cassettes anyway. Also I think it is a bit of a grey area as these cassettes are used which means whoever has bought them originally paid the royalty. It is not illegal to buy used books or tapes even though the creators/producers won't be getting any royalty from it as they did initially.

So if we went to the hassle of buying these on ebay and then and try and convert them to mp3, the author/producers would not get any money from it anyway. Ebay benefits but not Forester or whoever produced the audios.

I agree with you in general about not ripping off authors but I think what @AllDogsGoToHeaven did is fine and I am grateful for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

I wouldnt take the Depp case because those were different cases, he lost in London against the newspaper reporting, won in Virginia against the actual source, one against a judge, the other against a jury. As pointed out earlier: while both things are actionable, the former is much harder to win. But yes, laws are different, even if the basics are the same, in the USA it is harder mainly due to SLAPP, which is btw why Depp used loopholes to get the case to Virginia rather than California (the SLAPP laws in VA are weak), he probably wouldnt have even managed to get this case to court in California.

Where you sue is up to you as long as it has relevance to the parties (coming back to Depp, he got to sue in Virginia because the servers of the Washington Post are located there, so you can get creative here). you could do either, but I personally would recommend the UK over California in general.

Reactions: 12
Yes I think Alice can do things quietly. Alice is calculated, her crazy is purposeful. I think a lot of things go on in the back round we don’t know about.
Ok. I agree that Alice is calculating. However, I can see her dropping hints about Celia and letting her FMs misinterpret and spread rumors.

Reactions: 13
tbh even if somebody like Celia was visiting her, so what? You can be friends and think that she is a loon. We also know from Alice herself that plenty of her friends have tried to convince her to calm the tit down, so meeting her doesnt mean that it's an enabler session. It's also not like that somebody that voluntary marries Piers Morgan is the approval you should desire (which btw is why I'm confused why so many people want Piers to speak up for Ioan, if I wouldnt know the story to this I would probably see anything Piers writes against a woman as a red flag, even if 90 % of his stuff is actually good LOL)

Reactions: 15
The defences to libel are the same in the UK and the US in all meaningful ways.
UK: There are four main defences available to a defendant in a libel or slander action: truth; honest opinion; publication on a matter of public interest and privilege (qualified or absolute).
US: truth; fair comment; qualified privilege; absolute privilege; public interest

I didn't follow the Depp case but I believe in the US he was suing based on the op-ed in the Washington Post that Amber Heard wrote. And he sued her, not the paper. In the UK, he sued the paper. There was also a judge-only trial in the UK, and a jury in the US. Small differences but still...

In the DM case, it likely would have been found to be defamatory in the UK and the US, as the statement could be provably shown to be untrue.

The copyright attaches to the work itself (i.e., the story), not the means of publication... if the work is public domain, as this is, there is no longer copyright attaching.
Thanks for clarifying. As someone who has dealt with copyright being breached, it’s a sensitive subject. Appreciate your response.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks for clarifying. As someone who has dealt with copyright being breached, it’s a sensitive subject. Appreciate your response.
I agree with you that creators' rights should be protected! I know laws are being changed to lengthen the amount of time an estate can claim copyright and I think that's a good thing.

Reactions: 13
tbh even if somebody like Celia was visiting her, so what? You can be friends and think that she is a loon. We also know from Alice herself that plenty of her friends have tried to convince her to calm the tit down, so meeting her doesnt mean that it's an enabler session. It's also not like that somebody that voluntary marries Piers Morgan is the approval you should desire (which btw is why I'm confused why so many people want Piers to speak up for Ioan, if I wouldnt know the story to this I would probably see anything Piers writes against a woman as a red flag, even if 90 % of his stuff is actually good LOL)
Eh why would Celia want to be friends with someone she thinks is a loon? I think that IG was the main attraction and now that IG is separated they (Piers and Celia) won't be knocking on AE's door again. It's often the case with a split - the friends take sides and it seems obviously to me which side they have taken.

As for IG wanting a proxy to speak for him - no I don't think so. He will never be a poster boy for abused husbands because a) he is quite private and b) it might hurt him getting certain roles. He just wants this tit-show over.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.