Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #127 Get a job before your kids do Alice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few will but I still think the hardcore ones will choose to believe the poor rich white woman cannot afford to fight corrupt attorneys/Ioan owns the American family law legal system stuff. Even though Alice could file for free and represent herself. I know what I’d be doing if I had evidence.
you dont even need to do it yourself. The courthouse helps you fill out forms, the website has a great selfhelp section. It's really not difficult.

The paper doesn’t get a pass because they “quoting” something. In fact, a defamatory statement must be published for it to be actionable. So Alice saying it on Instagram is considered publishing it. And the Daily Mail repeating it, quotes or not, is publishing that same defamatory statement. The only defence to a libel IS the the truth; you are correct about that. But … there was no truth to the things Alice wrote. And a newspaper has a duty to research to ensure that published statements ARE true.

Also, this doesn’t mean that anything Alice publishes (and the DM repeats) is now making them vulnerable legally. It’s not cumulative. If she published a defamatory statement again and the DM published it again then yes, they would be potentiall liable.
I didnt said it's cumulative. The standard for reporting (quoting) somebodys claims is the assumption that the person claiming might be telling the truth (hence why the sun won the defamation trial against Depp). The more a person lied in the past the less likely this assumption has merit. So yes, they are absolutely more vulnerable if they print stuff Alice said again before researching.

It is however also true that it's much easier to win if the newspaper is not only quoting but even stating it as a fact on their own (because then it's up to them to prove), which is why I suspect the lawyers only went for this particular piece legally (as some of us already said at the time they should) and not for anything previously. Maybe they did for all we know, but the DM's position is much stronger if they only quote rather than state, hence why on previous occasions they may have not agreed to settle.

Reactions: 8
I would love to know roughly in what ballpark the DM donation is. Bet Alice will claim on IG that Ioan spend money on Bianca (aka MS) rather than to keep it for Ella's elite school.
OMG this is gonna BUG Alice - cue the wailing "they would rather GIVE money away than help me when I my baybeez have run out of booze money are starving" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
🥺🥺🥺🥺 I don't want us tattlers to move on. Wibble.

Perhaps when the insanity is all over we can live on into our winter years in an Alice Evans Veterans thread 🤞

Then again, she probably will be giving us stuff to gossip about for years to come anyway, Ioan or no Ioan.
You’ll all have to visit me in RSPCA Alcatraz …. I’ll be smuggling in teeny tiny phones by the bosom.. I mean dozen ….
That’s if I can manage to keep these ten blunts out of the po po’s way otherwise I’ll probably do life !
If that happens I’ll get a life size poster of malice stick it on my cell wall and chip away till it is the size of the channel tunnel .. and still the feds will never twig cause it will be completely covered by swampy 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 27
In the US, many people do not know Piers, I only know of him from seeing some of his online articles. I’m not surprised his show failed, and if I’m not mistaken it was an online or streaming show.
He was one of the judges in 6 seasons of America has got talent. He did three years of a nightly chat show for CNN, took over Larry King’s slot. His show got cancelled because he went on a crusade about guns - he is very anti and he got cancelled for those views.

He was editor in chief of Daily Mail, and his column appeared in the Mail online. Any breaking news story, he would write an article. The Mail online is the worlds biggest online newspaper (depressing thought). He is very active in social media - he has had loads of spats with Kim K, Meghan Markle, John Legend and his wife. He has a lot of followers.

He was a friend of Trumps. Until they fell out when Trump trivialised covid and Morgan called him out on it. Trump only followed a handful of people on twitter and Morgan was one of them, until they stopped talking.

A lot of Americans, particularly older ones, know exactly who Morgan is. Perhaps not the younger ones.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
It wouldn’t actually surprise me if Celia is trying to talk sense into Alice. No way Piers is on her side but I think Celia could still be quietly working on her.
Can Alice do anything quietly? If she were talking or meeting with Celia, she would shout it to the heavens that Celia was supporting her emotionally in Alice's time of need. No need to include other details of the convos. Just let the implication float into the internet and let the monkeys embellish from there. Boom, plausible deniability if Alice's messengers get out of hand.

Reactions: 10
I just thought of the perfect title for Alice's bio pic: "Mopey Dick - The bleep of the White Wail"... meh, still needs a little work

• Haha
Reactions: 22
you dont even need to do it yourself. The courthouse helps you fill out forms, the website has a great selfhelp section. It's really not difficult.

I didnt said it's cumulative. The standard for reporting (quoting) somebodys claims is the assumption that the person claiming might be telling the truth (hence why the sun won the defamation trial against Depp). The more a person lied in the past the less likely this assumption has merit. So yes, they are absolutely more vulnerable if they print stuff Alice said again before researching.

It is however also true that it's much easier to win if the newspaper is not only quoting but even stating it as a fact on their own (because then it's up to them to prove), which is why I suspect the lawyers only went for this particular piece legally (as some of us already said at the time they should) and not for anything previously. Maybe they did for all we know, but the DM's position is much stronger if they only quote rather than state, hence why on previous occasions they may have not agreed to settle.
I've worked as a journalist, so I am very familiar with libel laws. The "standard for reporting" is not the assumption that the person is telling the truth. There is no such standard. As a journalist, it's your job to ensure (as much as possible) that a statement is in fact true. Putting a statement in quotes doesn't protect the publisher.

Regarding my comment about it not being cumulative, this is what you said: If you already have a proven occasion of her telling clearly a lie probably quoting anything Alice says without proof doesnt fullfill this standard anymore and would make you very vulnerable legally.

Each instance of defamation would be judged on its own merits, legally. A proven occasion of her telling a lie should make media outlets more prudent. Especially if there is a clear pattern and previous instances of someone making provably defamatory statements. But it doesn't per se make them more vulnerable legally as, again, defamation is not cumulative.

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I think it's important given the kind of stuff Alice writes on her social media and which mainstream media then pick up, to be clear about what libel/defamation is. It's costly to pursue legally so that would explain why so much goes unchallenged. If the DM here had not used that headline, and said (as they did in later versions) that the photo was taken in 2020 and had nothing at all to do with Alice, they would have been ok, defamation-wise. And that would have been decent reporting. Good, accurate reporting is not just repeating what someone sent you, or copying from their social media.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Any tit that she's pulling, Ioan's attorneys has probably seen and dealt with worse. She is not their first rodeo and they are so much smarter than she will ever be in ten life times. People like Alice always under estimate what a good lawyer can do to you just by following the law.
Yes!!! Need I mention the amazing Camille!

Reactions: 5
Heard has been outed as liar, Vardy has been outed as a liar......I wonder who could possibly be next :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Alice really fancies herself a creative doesn’t she…the abominations that are her handbags and her collage of herself…I wonder if she thinks she picked up a natural talent by just being around Oucassi?
I personally enjoy how literally everyone else can get away with making crappy handbags except Alice lmao.

A977320F-E137-4CB8-8F63-E03E2906AD2A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Can Alice do anything quietly? If she were talking or meeting with Celia, she would shout it to the heavens that Celia was supporting her emotionally in Alice's time of need. No need to include other details of the convos. Just let the implication float into the internet and let the monkeys embellish from there. Boom, plausible deniability if Alice's messengers get out of hand.
Yes I think Alice can do things quietly. Alice is calculated, her crazy is purposeful. I think a lot of things go on in the back round we don’t know about.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've worked as a journalist, so I am very familiar with libel laws. The "standard for reporting" is not the assumption that the person is telling the truth. There is no such standard. As a journalist, it's your job to ensure (as much as possible) that a statement is in fact true. Putting a statement in quotes doesn't protect the publisher.

Regarding my comment about it not being cumulative, this is what you said: If you already have a proven occasion of her telling clearly a lie probably quoting anything Alice says without proof doesnt fullfill this standard anymore and would make you very vulnerable legally.

Each instance of defamation would be judged on its own merits, legally. A proven occasion of her telling a lie should make media outlets more prudent. Especially if there is a clear pattern and previous instances of someone making provably defamatory statements. But it doesn't per se make them more vulnerable legally as, again, defamation is not cumulative.

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I think it's important given the kind of stuff Alice writes on her social media and which mainstream media then pick up, to be clear about what libel/defamation is. It's costly to pursue legally so that would explain why so much goes unchallenged. If the DM here had not used that headline, and said (as they did in later versions) that the photo was taken in 2020 and had nothing at all to do with Alice, they would have been ok, defamation-wise. And that would have been decent reporting. Good, accurate reporting is not just repeating what someone sent you, or copying from their social media.
We are not discussing what good reporting is, obviously nothing any of them ever did is. We are talking about how likely they are to lose in a defamation lawsuit. And against celebrities the chance is small: judges let you get away with the tiniest partial truths or good will into your source (in this case Alice), hence why the credibility is very relevant.

Reactions: 2
I really don’t mean to sound like an asshole (maybe I do) but she slaps her name on every product with so much tragic self-confidence. Like it’s RIGHT THERE on a cheap handbag in foam letters or some wild tit, and it’s VISIBLE. There’s sometimes an unspoken thing within art communities where like, “signing” your work in large, visible writing distracts people from the art and is also kind of obnoxious. Her Etsy shop consistently marketed handbags and cuff bracelets and stuff that had her “signature” just boldly there.

Isn’t it amazing how a fuckin SIGNATURE on a piece of art can immediately give away one’s personality or self-image??? It really does fascinate me.

In my Etsy shop I sign my name on my tit really tiny. I just scribble a small “H” with a halo on it because my nickname in real life is “Heaven” (English translation of my actual name). It’s tiny. It doesn’t matter. It’s supposed to be humble.

People buy art for the art. Unless you’re Louis Vuitton or Michael Kors (kinda) or something, people don’t wanna showcase your name everywhere they go. It’s like she thinks she’s a top designer and it’s annoying af.

Sit down with ya dime-store, children’s-craft-project junk-bags, Alice. 🪑

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I really don’t mean to sound like an asshole (maybe I do) but she slaps her name on every product with so much tragic self-confidence. Like it’s RIGHT THERE on a cheap handbag in foam letters or some wild tit, and it’s VISIBLE. There’s sometimes an unspoken thing within art communities where like, “signing” your work in large, visible writing distracts people from the art and is also kind of obnoxious. Her Etsy shop consistently marketed handbags and cuff bracelets and stuff that had her “signature” just boldly there.

Isn’t it amazing how a fuckin SIGNATURE on a piece of art can immediately give away one’s personality or self-image??? It really does fascinate me.

In my Etsy shop, I sign my name on my tit really tiny. I just scribble a small “H” with a halo on it because my nickname in real life is “Heaven” (English translation of my actual name). It’s tiny. It doesn’t matter. It’s supposed to be humble.

People buy art for the art. Unless you’re Louis Vuitton or Michael Kors (kinda) or something, people don’t wanna showcase your name everywhere they go. It’s like she thinks she’s a top designer and it’s annoying af.

I would love to see your stuff but I’m guessing not possible due to doxxing?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We are not discussing what good reporting is, obviously nothing any of them ever did is. We are talking about how likely they are to lose in a defamation lawsuit. And against celebrities the chance is small: judges let you get away with the tiniest partial truths or good will into your source (in this case Alice), hence why the credibility is very relevant.
With celebrities, the standard of proof is higher, as you have to prove malice. But the chance of winning is much better than small. I don't know where you are are getting information that judges let you get away with partial truths. Celebs often don't bother suing because it's expensive and time consuming, but they have won when there is clear cut defamation with malice intended. I do think good reporting is an issue, because when you do your due diligence as a reporter, it's much less likely you will be accused of defaming someone. And I think it's relevant to this thread because we have seen Alice repeatedly claim things, many of which are defamatory and could be actionable should Ioan and Bianca choose to pursue them legally. We've seen her go unchallenged by Lorraine, the Australian radio duo, the Daily Mail. I am sure that despite a restraining order (which I have no doubt will be made permanent on Tuesday) she will continue. Any media outlet that repeats what she says without fully checking it is opening themselves up to being sued. As is she.

In my Etsy shop I sign my name on my tit really tiny. I just scribble a small “H” with a halo on it because my nickname in real life is “Heaven” (English translation of my actual name). It’s tiny. It doesn’t matter. It’s supposed to be humble.

It's also hugely obnoxious because she is taking vintage and thrift store bags and putting her name on them. She didn't make or design those items. She just randomly glued on some tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.