Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #119 Quit the drink, ditch the brother, get off the floor and - Be A Mother!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The start of her "medical conditions" happened just as Ioan's focus shifted to the baby. Prior to that she had been the centre of attention through IVF and pregnancy - plenty of Narc supply from doctors and Ioan - he would have run around after her and been at her beck and call. Once the baby comes she is demoted to second place and the baby is the one who is fussed over by Ioan. It would have been amplified because she had received so much extra attention before the birth.
Look at that photo of Ioan with the baby on door step where she can't bear being left out so she envelopes him.....
Ah, that makes sense. I've been here since thread 1 but lurked until a couple of threads in (I mainly posted on the Meghan and Harry threads) but couldn't remember when her "illness" materialised. I guess up until bb1 was born she never had to share attention with anyone, it's perplexing as to how someone who apparently wanted a baby so much, to the extent of going through IVF, could then feel resent towards her baby. That in itself is a massive warning sign and I wonder why Ioan never acted upon it, but then he could still have been blinded by her manipulation at that point. I've seen it discussed that bb2 (trying to conceive, and then the gestational period) could have been a way to garner the previous attention bb1 brought. I'm sure it would have worked, to a degree, but maybe not quite enough and when bb2 arrived she had no chance of attempting to fight for attention as two babies are damn hard work (my daughter and nephew are a year apart and I looked after him from a few months old while my sister worked full time, it was one of the hardest things I've had to do as I worked too in the evenings when my daughters dad got home, all the while I was sick and didn't know why). I know they had paid help but even at that it wouldn't have been enough for Ian's attention to be back on Alice full time. Thinking back to her old insta posts it's clear now things in that household werent the fun, happy life Alice tried to portray, I know it's common for people to do that, but to now know what really was going on makes my heart break for those girls and Ioan.

(Also I just wanted to say one thing very quickly, I'm so grateful for this thread and everyone on it because it's been clear to me since day one that you all only have the girls, and Ioans best interests at heart, and despite the joking around and use of the "c" word aimed at youknowwho ((which is fully deserved imo)) there has been a line of respect for those involved which has never been crossed. And, in turn, I have the utmost respect for all of you.

I am in no way tone policing ((although Tone does need policed *badjokeignoreme*)) but there's another thread on here which has made me very sad recently involving a celebrities baby passing away, and discussion around how long it is OK to have to wait before "business as usual" resumes, it appears a week is popular opinion. I've been in that celebrities position... the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm wondering if there's a way I can "ignore" that whole thread so it doesn't appear? I am not going to look at it, or future threads again, I'd just rather not see it at all. If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. Not criticizing anyone on that thread, free speech and all that, but if there's a way for me to not see it... I'd rather not)

Edited for typos, now I can't blame my vision just my stupidity 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Alice was always terrible: the fansite incident, the imdb madness, the proposal, jealously to co-stars (she even admitted it for Jessica Alba), allegedly she was banned off sets too (Fantastic 4 I believe), pissing off directors and co-stars (she even recently admitted this rumour herself when she tried to prove how being with the girls is so important for her), alienation of family members - this tit was all known before they had kids, she didnt just the past years become like this. Yes, I suspect losing Ioan's full attention to the girls and to his work (which she clearly compensated with substance abuse and by getting approval over SM) pushed her beyond salvagable, but the core was always rotten.

As much as I dislike her and as much as I would enjoy her getting exposed in this area too, I hope it doesnt get outright revealed that she did cheated on him between having the two kids (It's obvious by now: the blind gossip, she low key slipped up in a cameo about this too, rumours being already around back in the day that she wanted to divorce him, the transcript speaks of a "mistake" that he never forgave in her eyes). It would be crushing for Elsie to know that she was just a glue baby (the 8 IVF attempts that Ioan didnt want are another indicator) and that this wasnt enough.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I would absolutely 100% buy into Alice having PND, but also that she self medicated to deal with it.

Even more strongly was her description of not being able to sleep. That is honestly the start of her decline. Lack of sleep makes you feel terrible and in her desperation to sleep, she has been wrecking her body and mind with all kinds of substances and becoming more and more dependent on them to function
This is spot on. If ambien is anything like its UK equivalent, zopiclone, I was on it for a while many years ago and it causes complete blackouts, and memory loss, especially if mixed with alcohol. I used it before having kids, I had quite severe depression and thought it was fun to take it at the weekend if I was drinking as I'd just black out. I couldn't imagine doing that and trying to look after a baby, or two babies, or young (or any age) children. You can fall asleep instantly on it with alcohol, holding a baby, feeding them, looking after a toddler... It makes me shiver to even consider that.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
she said what Alice does is parental alienation
oh, that's still there. it's deep in the replies on someone else's comment. just saw it a few mins ago but lost the will to read all the comments, because the stoopid is strong and its sickening to see so many still blindly supporting the abuser.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
oh wow, I did not expect them to jump off the bandwagon
Has the RD one also gone quiet? I haven't seen her either for a while

Alice was always terrible: the fansite incident, the imdb madness, the proposal, jealously to co-stars (she even admitted it for Jessica Alba), allegedly she was banned off sets too (Fantastic 4 I believe), pissing off directors and co-stars (she even recently admitted this rumour herself when she tried to prove how being with the girls is so important for her), alienation of family members - this tit was all known before they had kids, she didnt just the past years become like this. Yes, I suspect losing Ioan's full attention to the girls and to his work (which she clearly compensated with substance abuse and by getting approval over SM) pushed her beyond salvagable, but the core was always rotten.

As much as I dislike her and as much as I would enjoy her getting exposed in this area too, I hope it doesnt get outright revealed that she did cheated on him between having the two kids (It's obvious by now: the blind gossip, she low key slipped up in a cameo about this too, rumours being already around back in the day that she wanted to divorce him, the transcript speaks of a "mistake" that he never forgave in her eyes). It would be crushing for Elsie to know that she was just a glue baby (the 8 IVF attempts that Ioan didnt want are another indicator) and that this wasnt enough.
Yes to all of this ...my god what was he thinking marrying her ??? I just can't fathom it.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Ah, that makes sense. I've been here since thread 1 but lurked until a couple of threads in (I mainly posted on the Meghan and Harry threads) but couldn't remember when her "illness" materialised. I guess up until bb1 was born she never had to share attention with anyone, it's perplexing as to how someone who apparently wanted a baby so much, to the extent of going through IVF, could then feel resent towards her baby. That in itself is a massive warning sign and I wonder why Ioan never acted upon it, but then he could still have been blinded by her manipulation at that point. I've seen it discussed that bb2 (trying to conceive, and then the gestational period) could have been a way to garner the previous attention bb1 brought. I'm sure it would have worked, to a degree, but maybe not quite enough and when bb2 arrived she had no chance of attempting to fight for attention as two babies are damn hard work (my daughter and nephew are a year apart and I looked after him from a few months old while my sister worked full time, it was one of the hardest things I've had to do as I worked too in the evenings when my daughters dad got home, all the while I was sick and didn't know why). I know they had paid help but even at that it wouldn't have been enough for Ian's attention to be back on Alice full time. Thinking back to her old insta posts it's clear now things in that household werent the fun, happy life Alice tried to portray, I know it's common for people to do that, but to now know what really was going on makes my heart break for those girls and Ioan.

(Also I just wanted to say one thing very quickly, I'm so grateful for this thread and everyone on it because it's been clear to me since day one that you all only have the girls, and Ioans best interests at heart, and despite the joking around and use of the "c" word aimed at youknowwho ((which is fully deserved imo)) there has been a line of respect for those involved which has never been crossed. And, in turn, I have the utmost respect for all of you.

I am in no way tone policing ((although Tone does need policed *badjokeignoreme*)) but there's another thread on here which has made me very sad recently involving a celebrities baby passing away, and discussion around how long it is OK to have to wait before "business as usual" resumes, it appears a week is popular opinion. I've been in that celebrities position... the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm wondering if there's a way I can "ignore" that whole thread so it doesn't appear? I am not going to look at it, or future threads again, I'd just rather not see it at all. If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. Not criticizing anyone on that thread, free speech and all that, but if there's a way for me to not see it... I'd rather not)

I cried my eyes out about that this weekend…. I’ve been there too xxx ❤
personally I know nothing about her but I thought the same could or should it carry on ? I don’t know friend but like you it doesn’t sit or feel right to continue with her thread that’s just me … don’t @ me 🕊 xx 😘

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
As much as I dislike her and as much as I would enjoy her getting exposed in this area too, I hope it doesnt get outright revealed that she did cheated on him between having the two kids.

It would be crushing for Elsie to know that she was just a glue baby (the 8 IVF attempts that Ioan didnt want are another indicator) and that this wasnt enough.
I think Emma was the true glue baby; they got her after IG already said he wanted to escape the marriage. I don't think IG was ready to bail on the marriage in 2013 when Elsie was born. I think him wanting her to stop the IVF was more due to the stress of it with so many failed attempts. I think he may have excused a lot of mAlice's behaviour due to her doing the IVF. In fact, I read an article where he said that AE "wasn't herself" while they were doing the IVF. However, she was a bleep before the IVF so I think it just exacerbated her volatility.

Elsie was definitely a much wanted "miracle" kid considering AE was 45 when she had her, not a glue baby. IMO.

ETA also the Blind Gossip said that AE and her lover were anything but discreet on set. It's almost like AE wanted the news of the affair to get back to IG. I don't see how mAlice's crappy behaviour relates to Elsie so I am glad the rumour has been confirmed. Just yet more evidence that she is a cheating, projecting bleep.

It's horrendous how she went to town on IG and BW as "cheaters" with a pile on from the FMs and Lorraine etc when she was the bleeping cheater.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

She probably resented him for forgiving her.

Reactions: 11
Can I get a wee smidgeon of a clue as to who the now former defender is pls?

She probably resented him for forgiving her.
Nah she obviously loved casting it up to him (as evidenced in the court docs) that he had forgiven her but she could always bring it up and maintain he never did.

Reactions: 6

Nah she obviously loved casting it up to him (as evidenced in the court docs) that he had forgiven her but she could always bring it up and maintain he never did.
WAF but not in that order

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

I made exactly one post on that thread, this morning (I think you liked it actually iirc ❤) and won't be posting again. I know Tattle isn't for the faint hearted. But in this thread we discuss a proven abuser and still manage to have oodles more compassion and humanity. That thread is a dark place imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I made exactly one post on that thread, this morning (I think you liked it actually iirc ❤) and won't be posting again. I know Tattle isn't for the faint hearted. But in this thread we discuss a proven abuser and still manage to have oodles more compassion and humanity. That thread is a dark place imo.
I only went on their thread the day it was announced to see what was going on .. there’s was a mod warning ⚠ telling them all to behave .. but you could tell they were snarling they were fuming … all the posts started doesn’t change how I feel about her .. even before saying they felt bad ya di ya
But I was like fckin wow 😮… we know how to look after our own on here and what is the right thing to do like we did with that snark when she posted that 💔 video shut it down no questions asked ❤🕊

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I think she would resent the fact that he had a hold over her, as she would see it and bring it up hurts him.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.