Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #118 We stand with Ioan Gruffudd. We stand with Elsie & Ella.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think sometimes we over-analyse Ella and her behaviour. She isn't looking at this from a rational or analytical viewpoint and oftentimes probably isn't even consciously choosing her behaviour. For one thing she doesn't have the amount of needed emotional intelligence or maturity to do so, but nor does she have the distance required. She's a sensitive child living in an intensely emotional and chaotic world where everything is hyped up to the extreme, being abused, manipulated and gaslit by a narc - a lot of her behaviour is probably reactive and coming from intense fear, grief, anger, confusion. From her viewpoint her dad's abandoned her and she is terrified of losing her mum, a fear AE sadistically intensifies and weaponizes. Ofc she's desperate to please her, even when she knows her mother is wrong, when she knows her mother is selfish, cruel and manipulative. There is also the biological and psychological components. This is a great article on why abused children can bond so intensely with abusive parents, defend and protect them fiercely even at the expense of their own safety, and can have such difficulties, even as adults, in breaking those bonds. https://dana.org/article/fear-in-love/
Of course it’s not the child’s fault. It’s the abuser’s fault! That woman (I will never call her a mother again, she doesn’t deserve it) has been manipulating, threatening, terrorizing and abusing her two children for years. In the past 18 months she has escalated this just to get revenge front a man who dared leave her. She has played with their minds and scarred their souls because her ego was hurt. The girls are on survival mode. They live in hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This is not intended to be some rumour I’m eager to spread, but an honest concern I have.

I think I read somewhere that sometimes domestic physical abuse isn’t limited to a single person in the home. In my house, it is (me), but I’ve had a few friends who have told me that multiple family members of theirs are targeted.

Is anyone concerned that Alice’s physical abuse wasn’t solely reserved for Ioan? Is anyone concerned about the possibility that, likely after Ioan left—because I do not believe he’d allow it to go on while he was living in the home—there might have been an instance or two of physical violence against the girls? I’m not necessarily suggesting brutal beatings that leave bruises or scars, but even just strikes? (Many of my friends received the latter.)

I’m just concerned if Alice, in her drunken rages, might not have kept her hands to herself, and should this have ever been the case (again, not saying it has been), I would fear that the girls would be too frightened to disclose it with their father, maybe out of fear of how Alice would respond, or maybe out of fear that they would lose her love for “betraying her.”

Once again, I’m not claiming this has happened! I’m just genuinely worried about whether or not Alice always has the self-control to avoid harming the girls by physical means. Also, verbal/emotional abuse is a common precursor to domestic physical abuse, in case anyone is wondering where this concern is coming from. My abuse began verbally and transitioned to both verbal/emotional and physical.
I would say no but the girls are at a stage where they want to please her still. If that changes, say Ella becomes a stroppy teenager (likely as many teens do), there could be some stand up rows in the house. We know what mAlice is like when she is angry (threatening - see car park video) so all bets would be off then.

Reactions: 14
Yes she is an emotional hostage living with an emotional terrorist
It is hugely sad

she will have a deep bond with Alice - it’s not a healthy bond, but it’s real and it will do great damage to Ella in her life

The only person to blame is Alice, Ella is not responsible for this. Her reactions are down to this trauma bond she has with Alice. Ioan is afraid and confused, he knows he can’t do this without professional help but I think Ella will reject it. She’s too enmeshed with Alice now. I literally pray for her escape from these shackles of FOG

I mentioned the trauma bond Alice is creating asthis is a common one the 2 souls in pain. To be in pain and share pain to strengthen your bond, against a protagonist and you are fighting, it gives you a common ground to share. Ella cannot fight back against this shes too young and doesn’t have the tools
Like I replied earlier to @welp, those court documents were heart-breaking to read. I think a lot of us guessed what was likely going on behind closed doors, but seeing the black and white reality of it was traumatizing. I ended up closing the computer and going to bed in tears for those girls. But Ella does seem to have a lot of maturity and emotional intelligence for her age. She can see her mother is abusive, that she's selfish, cruel, manipulative, deceptive, that sooner or later she deliberately destroys the relationships in her life because they can't or won't live up to her demands of constant and unquestioning adoration and supplication. I hope and pray that with the help of a therapist she can step back from her mother and their toxic enmeshment and walk away from her. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but the thought of Ella turning into her mother and having the same miserable life and inflicting the same torment on everyone who loves her, is too horrible to accept.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This might have already been mentioned, but in regards to concerns over the kids (particularly big E) potentially being encouraged to make false allegations or become entrenched in negative feelings towards him;

I had reason to have concern about this kind of thing in a personal case a few years ago and asked questions of experts (UK based) who deal with this kind of thing. They all advised that they specifically seek to talk to children separately from either party and are trained to actively look for signs of any ‘coaching’ during those conversations, with the view to more actively intervening if it is identified. I appreciate the systems are different across the pond but I would hope this to be quite a commonplace approach and so something that would be considered in this case (given there are sincere tangible concerns beyond just mere suspicion).

Reactions: 18
I find it interesting that Alice simply changes her story as she goes on, finds out more information etc', and yet her harpies don't even seem to notice?

They've taken her "Ioan was having an affair for THREE years!!!" As fact, and continue to repeat it, and yet since B mentioned to a follower that the child that did her makeup happened to be the child of a man she was dating at the time, Alice has since adjusted that timeline, because she has realised her lie was able to be disproven.

It's alarming that her sycophants simply choose to ignore these edits she pops into her fairytales.

• Angry
Reactions: 36
This is not intended to be some rumour I’m eager to spread, but an honest concern I have.

I think I read somewhere that sometimes domestic physical abuse isn’t limited to a single person in the home. In my house, it is (me), but I’ve had a few friends who have told me that multiple family members of theirs are targeted.

Is anyone concerned that Alice’s physical abuse wasn’t solely reserved for Ioan? Is anyone concerned about the possibility that, likely after Ioan left—because I do not believe he’d allow it to go on while he was living in the home—there might have been an instance or two of physical violence against the girls? I’m not necessarily suggesting brutal beatings that leave bruises or scars, but even just strikes? (Many of my friends received the latter.)

I’m just concerned if Alice, in her drunken rages, might not have kept her hands to herself, and should this have ever been the case (again, not saying it has been), I would fear that the girls would be too frightened to disclose it with their father, maybe out of fear of how Alice would respond, or maybe out of fear that they would lose her love for “betraying her.”

Once again, I’m not claiming this has happened! I’m just genuinely worried about whether or not Alice always has the self-control to avoid harming the girls by physical means. Also, verbal/emotional abuse is a common precursor to domestic physical abuse, in case anyone is wondering where this concern is coming from. My abuse began verbally and transitioned to both verbal/emotional and physical.
I must admit, this has crossed my mind. She is unrestrained in her behaviour.

Reactions: 17
btw one thing I found interesting about the Ella video, I'm not saying the kid wasnt genuinely upset, but she immediately calmed down when her mother spoke and she was the entire time highly upset when talking to him except when she said that he just assumes what is going on in her mind (did she slip out here?). Combine this with Alice having a 2nd phone on the ready to record I cant shake off the feeling of a set up. The "I cant wait for the lawyers to hear that" was just days later, so...
It was a set up. IG has a hard road ahead of him with the eldest. I wish him luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I find it interesting that Alice simply changes her story as she goes on, finds out more information etc', and yet her harpies don't even seem to notice?

They've taken her "Ioan was having an affair for THREE years!!!" As fact, and continue to repeat it, and yet since B mentioned to a follower that the child that did her makeup happened to be the child of a man she was dating at the time, Alice has since adjusted that timeline, because she has realised her lie was able to be disproven.

It's alarming that her sycophants simply choose to ignore these edits she pops into her fairytales.
They follow her for their own agenda's not out of genuine concern for her or faith in what she says.

• Sick
Reactions: 15

which is funny because anythig he did since August 2020 is not cheating. so what now, Alice?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Millie Dowler? That beautiful young woman who was murdered some years back? Her body discovered in a field a year-ish later? Sorry, I’m American but I watch a decent amount of British true crime YouTubers and the name sounds familiar. Excuse me if this is tooootally not the right person…
Yes the same girl. While she was missing, a newspaper called News of the World hacked her voicemail messages and listened to them, leading her family to believe that she might still be alive. If you google NOTW phone hacking scandal you can read a lot more. Many celebrities were hacked too. It was a huge scandal and led to a public inquiry and the closure of the newspaper.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Those followers and sycophants encourage and enable her because of something lacking in their own life. Be it revenge against an ex or slight made against them and their need for revenge.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
Everyone was saying ella is Alice's favorite child and what not but I always felt that she hated her and was jealous of both her kids because ioan loved them so much.
I can't stop crying after reading that, what ella and elsie had to endure and still being treated is disgusting to say the least. They will never forget this experience of abuse by their own mother!!
I've always thought Ella was the SG and Elsie the GC. The way AE spoke about her was just like how my my Narc mother treated me. In private my life was hell but to the rest of the world I was doted on and spoilt.
All of this is heartbreaking but the thing that I just can't shake off is that those videos and transcripts are just the tip of the iceberg.
If they hadn't had the foresight to pick up the phone and start filming it would have just been another day for them. Every single day of their lives is like this.
Those poor little girls.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
They follow her for their own agenda's not out of genuine concern for her or faith in what she says.
Though I do believe a good handful of them simply write off her inconsistencies as, “Oh, Alice got mixed up, it’s alright.” After all, she’s good at making up excuses and making them sound fairly believable. Not believable to us, of course, because we have receipts, but to those who don’t read those receipts it’s easy to fall for.

If someone asked, “Hey, you said Bianca was cheating with Ioan for three years, but she hadn’t been because she was with someone else—what’s up with that?” she could easily swindle them with something like, “Oh, my timelines get messed up sometimes! (It’s the memory issues from [undiagnosed illness]!) Either way, isn’t two years STILL bad??? Don’t you think he shouldn’t have cheated at ALL???” Some of them would eat that right out of her hand, I think, because she is that manipulative. She doesn’t apologize for most things and thinks she’s perfectly innocent in all situations, but I think her trick is that she renders herself JUST imperfect enough to be believable. (“Oh, my timelines got mixed up!”)

But, yes, I agree—plenty of followers are concerned with their own agendas.

Reactions: 28
I need to look up PM—his name has arisen in MANY discussions we’ve had throughout these threads and almost every remark made about him was negative. I have no idea who he is (is he British btw?), so I need to do some research!

He was a British journalist who became the Editor of the Daily Mirror. He became a broadcaster after leading the Mirror and is generally a bit of an arrogant tosser but he does have a lot of sway (or used to) in Fleet Street - where all the old publishing houses were for papers.

PM hates Megan Markle because she met him once and decided once was more than enough. He's gone on a hateful tirade against her ever since.

PM also hosted a breakfast show and played on making controversial right wing statements to rile up the public. I have no idea what he's like in real life, rumour has it that its all an act, but from the previous poster who says she worked with him it sounds like its not!

Can someone tell Alice to keep quiet for the next couple of days as work is really busy😅

On a side note, it does appear that the incident over the soda may have been set up by Alice, or equally Alice had wound Ella up so much prior to the visit, that Ella was always destined to have an outburst.

I own a teenage girl around Ella's age, sometimes there are just emotional outbursts - it could be because they are hungry, school was hard, the sky is blue, the day ends in a y.

But that requires adults to be in tune to their child and know they be having a moment and dial back on the emotions. We know Alice will do the opposite. Ella must be incredibly tormented, especially given what we now know from the legal filings.

My heart goes out to Ella, if my daughter had a friend going through that, I'd have them over regularly, just to allow them a release from the chaos. I hope Ella has some good friends with decent parents who are giving her that outlet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
If there’s any confusion left about who the abuser is remember that Ioan is always trying to get the girls into regular therapy and Alice is very keen to keep them out of it. She’s never shown concern about what might come up about their dad but she’s always very worried about the things they would tell about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Thread title suggestion:

from thread #117, post #629 as commented by @lulooo

The monster has a name and it’s 'Alice Evans', and she truly is.

Reactions: 17
Also this is old news but I’m still consistently APPALLED that Alice’s followers write off blatant physical and verbal/emotional abuse as, “just a woman in despair about her husband leaving her!!!” Something tells me that a decent handful of them have never experienced domestic abuse in their lives and/or b) are the abusers in their own relationships.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I’ve been lurking away watching this car crash unfold….

obviously the woman is a complete unhinged maniac. That’s a given. But I actually do think that her end goal now IS to have the kids taken away from her which is why she doesn’t care about breaking the RO or hiring herself another lawyer. I think she’s decided that if he has the kids then she can go into full blown Martyr territory and shout ‘LOOK! He’s had my kids taken away- the only thing that kept me going - HE’S ruined my life completely. She then gets

a) to sit in bed and drink all day and wallow in her own self pity
b) to gain sympathy from her FM’s that Ioan is THAT cruel and ultimately the monster she said he was
c) continue to live her life in misery and self pity with no responsibility and keep her vendetta of hate up

just my thoughts!

also someone mentioned about her referring to everyone by the full names- I think she does this to try and make herself sound more believable. This person has a surname cos they’re a real person therefore I’m telling the truth about everything else!

well done for calling her out. Everyone ‘should’ naturally have sympathy for a woman who’s been left by her husband, especially for a younger woman so it is really quiet something to look like the monster in this situation! That’s how BAD she is!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I need to look up PM—his name has arisen in MANY discussions we’ve had throughout these threads and almost every remark made about him was negative. I have no idea who he is (is he British btw?), so I need to do some research!
Piers Morgan

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.