Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #100 One more week till the PRO, who knows how low she will go?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[SPOILER="off the wagon" ] turds. unfortunately ive fallen off the wagon. im so ashamed . i feel like Alice. you are all much sronger than me. i need to stop drinking. help me please
I did the Spoiler wrong again. I'm so sorry
[/QUOTE]
Don't beat yourself up about it, it's really not easy to beat an addiction. There are some really good online ebooks that can help with coping strategies and help you gradually improve your health and wellbeing. Above all don't think you've blown it because you have had a drink you haven't! You can do this don't despair and don't overthink it. Your a work in progress ❤ meant to add there are also some apps you can download. Xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
[SPOILER="off the wagon" ] turds. unfortunately ive fallen off the wagon. im so ashamed . i feel like Alice. you are all much sronger than me. i need to stop drinking. help me please
[/QUOTE]

Don’t beat yourself up about it - you’ll feel crap & want a drink even more!

Join me in doing Dry July. It’ll give you a clear goal to start with. I’ve done it before & it’s always the first few days that are the hardest. Once you’ve done 31 days you’re usually much more in control & can choose to extend it.

I’ll support you! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thanks for your reply ❤

I want to apologise. When I said PDs can be devastating I was thinking about Alice and the sort of person she is, and believing that at least some of what makes her her is due to NPD.

But I’m actually realising how offensive and upsetting my comment is given that there are friends here with personality disorder. It’s not something that has a universal outcome in people’s personalities and behaviours, and when I called it devastating I didn’t really think about the impact that could have if read by someone with that diagnosis who is doing their absolute best to live with it and take an active role in managing it!

That’s the difference: Alice refuses to see she’s the problem, while some people with a PD diagnosis say ‘right, okay, so what can I do about this?’. I have so much respect for that.

You know, so, so many amazing parents battle their own problems or mental health difficulties, and it doesn’t make them bad parents. In some ways it’s the opposite. One thing that made us hesitate when considering trying was that we both have episodic depression, a family history on one side of addiction and personality disorders on the other. My spouse worried we’d be knowingly conceiving a baby likely to experience the same issues as us and our families.

I understood that, but see it a bit differently. We both have tried our absolute hardest during the dark times to keep going and improve how we feel and get treatment, and given that a huge percentage of people will develop a diagnosable MH issue a) it could happen regardless of family history, and b) if it does, who better to parent and guide that child but us? With our lived experience, compassion and bag full of tools?

Parenting absolutely isn’t for everyone (I’m such a huge supporter of people who are childfree!) but if you do decide one day to try for a child and are able to welcome one into your life you seem so introspective and compassionate, I feel you’d know when the right time is and know what to work on to ensure you give it your best shot ❤

So much of toddler raising at least is about healthy communication, empathy, modelling, reflecting and boundaries, so if you work on or possess those you’ll be golden. I spend so much of my day reflecting ‘you feel frustrated honey, because mummy wouldn’t let you snatch her snack off her! Is that right? It’s okay to be frustrated sweetheart, snatching isn’t okay, we can work together to help you figure out how to feel better’ or just simply sitting lovingly with my child with the emotion while it surges and passes. They say the hardest part of being a parent is regulating your own emotions, and I totally get that haha. It’s really good practise at emotional regulation for sure. Taking deep, calming breaths and mentally taking a step back when your toddler has been getting on your last nerve for the past four hours straight instead of snapping. It’s a wild ride!
Your child is fortunate to have both you and your spouse as parents. Being a parent is the hardest, but most rewarding thing I’ve ever done in my life. Hats off to you both, you just sound so wise and loving, and your little one has a great start in life because of you. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Britney Spears first husband just crashed her wedding. Can totally see Alice doing that to Ioan and Bianca if they were ever to get married.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
[/QUOTE]
This is ok honey, it’s just one day. When I lapsed during my journey, my alcohol counsellors told me to be kind to myself and use it as a learning opportunity to reflect and recognise my triggers to make sure I clocked them early when/if they reared again. You have made such a powerful statement here, which is really brave: ‘I need to stop drinking’. Please do not feel ashamed, you are only human. When you feel ready, I can highly recommend SMART recovery, which is cognitive behavioural therapy and group-based. You are so much stronger than you realise for even sharing this. Sending much love to you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 27
FMs rallying or is it a sock…
What legal rights. she is voluntarily using a service provided by a private company who sets their own terms of service. You don't like it don't use it. You don't have a legal right to use IG, FB, Google... or whatever. IG don't have to remove something if it does not violate their terms of service. Wah Wah Wah... Don't like it get someone to call you a Wahmbulance.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
[/QUOTE]
One step at a time my dear. You have admitted it which makes you stronger than you know. That is the hardest thing to do, now you can, with lots of support from here, take that next step. Be gentle with yourself and don’t beat yourself up. We’ve all fallen off our own particular wagons at one time or another, just take our hands and climb back up, you can do it 💖🙏🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So now she’s talking about her sister in law’s medical issues too. On SM, where everyone can see.
Yeah I noticed that. Nice one Alice. Invading everyone's privacy - Ioan, Ella, Elsie, her poor dead stepsister, and now her SIL.

• Angry
FMs rallying or is it a sock…
I identified that account a while back as a sock for Alice or her favorite relentless devoted crusader. Let's just say there is one woman who repeatedly demands that members be BANNED NOW on multiple sites. Either way, they're spamming that account.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
AHAHAHA
Screenshot_20220610-001735_Twitter.jpg
it's not luck if you enforce it
Screenshot_20220610-001849_Twitter.jpg
Is that Ioan's mom?
Screenshot_20220610-001818_Twitter.jpg

Long Covid here we come
Screenshot_20220610-002223_Twitter.jpg
yeah I wouldnt take advice from her
Screenshot_20220610-002313_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
(y) Ioan needs to get the PRO then bifurcate! :cool:

That's why he needs the PRO & full custody. She gets court ordered supervised visitation then hopefully he won't have to deal with her SM tit & what will almost be guaranteed continuance of PA.
Just wanted to say how VERY MUCH I agree with you. He def needs to get the PRO and then bifurcate.

The PRO first, then full custody, then bifurcate and get the divorce. After that he can worry about settlement, property sale, etc. Those are minor details.

{I actually have a suspicion about his lawyer's game plan for next Tuesday but won't state it here because I don't want to give Alice a heads up.}

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thanks for your reply ❤

I want to apologise. When I said PDs can be devastating I was thinking about Alice and the sort of person she is, and believing that at least some of what makes her her is due to NPD.

But I’m actually realising how offensive and upsetting my comment is given that there are friends here with personality disorder. It’s not something that has a universal outcome in people’s personalities and behaviours, and when I called it devastating I didn’t really think about the impact that could have if read by someone with that diagnosis who is doing their absolute best to live with it and take an active role in managing it!

That’s the difference: Alice refuses to see she’s the problem, while some people with a PD diagnosis say ‘right, okay, so what can I do about this?’. I have so much respect for that.

You know, so, so many amazing parents battle their own problems or mental health difficulties, and it doesn’t make them bad parents. In some ways it’s the opposite. One thing that made us hesitate when considering trying was that we both have episodic depression, a family history on one side of addiction and personality disorders on the other. My spouse worried we’d be knowingly conceiving a baby likely to experience the same issues as us and our families.

I understood that, but see it a bit differently. We both have tried our absolute hardest during the dark times to keep going and improve how we feel and get treatment, and given that a huge percentage of people will develop a diagnosable MH issue a) it could happen regardless of family history, and b) if it does, who better to parent and guide that child but us? With our lived experience, compassion and bag full of tools?

Parenting absolutely isn’t for everyone (I’m such a huge supporter of people who are childfree!) but if you do decide one day to try for a child and are able to welcome one into your life you seem so introspective and compassionate, I feel you’d know when the right time is and know what to work on to ensure you give it your best shot ❤

So much of toddler raising at least is about healthy communication, empathy, modelling, reflecting and boundaries, so if you work on or possess those you’ll be golden. I spend so much of my day reflecting ‘you feel frustrated honey, because mummy wouldn’t let you snatch her snack off her! Is that right? It’s okay to be frustrated sweetheart, snatching isn’t okay, we can work together to help you figure out how to feel better’ or just simply sitting lovingly with my child with the emotion while it surges and passes. They say the hardest part of being a parent is regulating your own emotions, and I totally get that haha. It’s really good practise at emotional regulation for sure. Taking deep, calming breaths and mentally taking a step back when your toddler has been getting on your last nerve for the past four hours straight instead of snapping. It’s a wild ride!
You sound amazing parents, just loving your baby and trying your best - that's all any parent can do.

That's what mAlice doesn't get - despite her issues, her children could have a loving relationship with both parents if she was to make them her priority instead of herself, as most parents do when they have children.
Yes, there does come a time when you need to start letting the apron strings loosen, but her children are definitely not at that stage - especially whilst their parents are separating - and little E is far too young.

But even having physical and mental health issues doesn't, or shouldn't, stop the adult carer from prioritising the children's emotional and psychological needs before their own - unless they're a complete narcissist!

@ReturningthePearls you are such a beautiful soul. You have so much love in you, don't ever think your past experiences can limit your own future opportunities - even the fact you have brought so many blessings to us here in so many ways are an indication that you have much more to give. Never limit yourself. You are not only a blessing, you are blessed.

I hope this helps bring you some comfort
"A diamond’s creation requires immense pressure and intense temperatures to reach its highest potential. Without enduring the adversity and pressure of its environment, the diamond would never become the treasure it was meant to be. May the changes you grow through bring incredible value in helping you forge a remarkable and multi-faceted life."
Susan C. Young
My childhood was marked by domestic violence, childhood abuse and childhood sexual abuse, parental alcoholism and depression, sibling schizophrenia.

I made a determined effort to break the cycle of abuse with my children. They would not be abused or have to live with abuse. When my ex turned out to be abusive, I found the strength to leave and stand against him - I told him straight if he ever harmed the children he would never have contact and would have to fight me in court. The thought of having to pay for court costs frightened him more than I did, and the embarrassment of having to explain to his pals, but it worked. He maintained contact with his children and his relationship with them is based on their experiences with him, not mine (I didn't do any parental alienation). They love him, but they don't always like him.

I won't say I have escaped unscarred by the childhood I experienced (I have experienced some depression, particularly after I lost a child at birth), but I have tried my best as a mother and wife (my second hubby is a lovely man), and that is all that any of us can do when we truly love our children and want the best for them - try our best and love them.
My children have grown up into reasonably well rounded adults, made their own mistakes (you can't protect them from everything) and have enjoyed successes. They have found successful careers & loving relationships. And they know that they are loved and supported still, if that's what they want.
My point is, no human is ever perfect - we can only, by the grace of God, try our best to love and equip our children to face their lives with the strength and love they need to succeed and make a difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did she just say she has long Covid (we knew this was coming. She seems to love attaching herself to any hot topic health issue) and blame it on Ioan? 😳
Yeah I'm pretty sure we called long covid in her future here before she even caught covid. So predictable!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
AE: I already had the fibro and the RA, but the side of Long Covid I now have was definitely partly his fault!

How did I know she would get long covid lol. I have a feeling this will be another lifelong condition.

AE: I have gotten so lucky (or silver-liningy) these past 18 months to have them all to myself. I do miss having somebody to discuss them with, but it's amazing how close you become!

Parental alienation for the win! :sick:

[/QUOTE]

These worksheets might help

SMART Recovery Toolbox – SMART Recovery

• Heart
Screenshot_20220610-010345_Twitter.jpg
Did she just say she has long Covid (we knew this was coming. She seems to love attaching herself to any hot topic health issue) and blame it on Ioan? 😳
from context it sounded like Trump, but not sure

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.