Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evan #159 Saint Ioan of Tattle wouldn’t ride MN into battle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pure speculation, but any chance Alice asked to delay and Yo is seeking an emergency order?

Reactions: 20
Alice has filed to delay the Feb. 15 custody hearing. She claims it may violate her right to self-incrimination if they don't wait until after the disposition of the criminal case. Anne responded in an email that they intend to oppose this motion for continuance.

She had a public defender appointed (with her assets, don't know how that was possible) and he says the trial is set for March 14 and will last 6-10 days.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Alice has filed to delay the Feb. 15 custody hearing. She claims it may violate her right to self-incrimination if they don't wait until after the disposition of the criminal case. Anne responded in an email that they intend to oppose this motion for continuance.

She had a public defender appointed (with her assets, don't know how that was possible) and he says the trial is set for March 14 and will last 6-10 days.
Bloody hell! She has more neck than a giraffe!

Amazed it is HER asking, c’mon Ioan!! 😳
---

Sorry Butter Tart, forgot to thank you for always being on the ball for us! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 37

I almost witch slapped air imagining Al's face. I hope the judge says suck it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Bloody hell! She has more neck than a giraffe!

Amazed it is HER asking, c’mon Ioan!! 😳
Yup she is aiming to delay, delay, delay, delay. She could theoretically spin it out for a further 3 or so years, definitely aiming to time out Ella and no doubt will try her best to delay enough to time out Elsie too

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I hope his legal team return again and again to Alice’s own words at the outset of this. Yanno? The ones where she threatens to eek things out as long as she can, and to purposely obstuficate. Yeah those. She is playing the system at every point and it’s awful to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yup she is aiming to delay, delay, delay, delay. She could theoretically spin it out for a further 3 or so years, definitely aiming to time out Ella and no doubt will try her best to delay enough to time out Elsie too
They'll be in college! 🥴

• Sad
Reactions: 11
If she is found guilty, she will be at a huge disadvantage in terms of support and custody. And I'm ok with that vs. jail.
Wasn't she already at a disadvantage in terms of support and custody with the DVRO, but now it's even more so? I'm ok with that too but I wonder if she will behave now? Perhaps, or if not, jail should do the trick.

Thanks for your legal insight!

Reactions: 22

im confused

how can you appoint a public defender from your assets, then it's not a public defender lol - also doesnt 6-10 days sound a bit excessive for this type of case?

also why would Alice prefer to wait, arent her chances now bigger for custody than after it?

is there anything more of note?

I reckon they'll end up delaying but with Ioan getting significantly more custody.

Reactions: 18
Wasn't she already at a disadvantage in terms of support and custody with the DVRO, but now it's even more so? I'm ok with that too but I wonder if she will behave now? Perhaps, or if not, jail should do the trick.

Thanks for your legal insight!
No, she is only at a legal disadvantage if she is convicted on those charges, though the judge is able to take a pending violation case into account. That is why they are saying they want the delay - because there are issues a judge must consider and which affect custody/support if there is a conviction. Based on his lawyer's response, I would expect her to file a response as to why they oppose the continuance.
---

im confused

how can you appoint a public defender from your assets, then it's not a public defender lol

also why would Alice prefer to wait, arent her chances now bigger for custody than after it?

I reckon they'll end up delaying but with Ioan getting significantly more custody.
I used the word assets, as in I would think she has enough access to money and other assets to pay for her own legal counsel. Apparently, whatever documents she submitted showed otherwise.

She is claiming that if forced to go to court on the 15th it compromises her right not to incriminate herself.... though they seem like two separate things to me (even though one legally affects the other).

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Thank you so much Butter, for always summarising, explaining, sharing court docs and all things legal. you are a truly treasured turd! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 34
just for clarifications sake: if she goes for no contest it will have the same implications on the divorce (custody, support etc.) as a guilty plea/finding of guilt, right?

edit: nvm

tbh Ella has the stature of an adult

I also dont think she called the pap, they tend to be around courthouses when celebs are scheduled to appear
---

She has plead not guilty lol
View attachment 1924588
View attachment 1924589
aye, they try to get this done before july
Whaaaaaat she's really thicker than I thought 🤦🏼‍♀️
I'd love to know what the actual charges were for and what out of her many tweets (that we know of) were used as proof.
I'm catching up, but I assume this will now go to court, unless she can prove to the contrary; which we all know she can't!

Reactions: 11
I also suspect Alice isnt one of those people that come out of jail as a new person, I suspect she would be one of those people who would be less scared of doing something worse now that she has the "worst" punishment already behind her
I can't agree. mAlice has been extremely cocky, eg, "duck the TRO" etc and treating the law as a game (deliberately missing one date and then laughing before the court appearance yesterday). A short spell in jail would be a very rude awakening. I hope it's not necessary but who knows if she learnt her lesson yesterday. She's a VERY slow learner.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.