Inthefrow #7 fashion week reject, PR gifts are life, my biggest achievement is being a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not saying she’s stupid. But the fact that it’s a PHD at all confuses me.

I have a masters in marketing. She was somehow able to bypass that and get a PhD? I’m too tired to look into it but I doubt that’s even a thing here in the states.
Depending on the area of study and school you don't always need a masters first.
Years ago she did a video on why she went into PhD right away. Wouldn't be able to tell you which one anymore.

Reactions: 4
I’m not saying she’s stupid. But the fact that it’s a PHD at all confuses me.

I have a masters in marketing. She was somehow able to bypass that and get a PhD? I’m too tired to look into it but I doubt that’s even a thing here in the states.
So you can do a PhD without a masters here but it’s usually sciences because they tend to have an undergraduate course with an integrated masters. The only other person I know who tried a PhD without a master’s who wasn’t in science quit in their first year. Everyone on my PhD had a masters - some even have 2. I’m pretty sure Vic has a first class degree and she stayed at the same uni so it was probably a piece of work the department wanted to fund anyway or maybe even part of a bigger project there tbh.

Reactions: 13
I took a look at her thesis document and I have to say, she put a lot of work in it. I understand why she is proud of it. Not a fan of the layout design, tho. Could've been improved.
It's a hefty document, the poor people that had to read it. 895 pages, half actual text half appendix.

1602112189101.png
What the heck is this. There is so much to unpack here.

Or this
1602112310150.png
Just because word gives you the options you don't have to use them all at once (bold, centred and underlined)

1602112495718.png
This looks disruptive and 9.3.1.20 is a joke is this an IP-adress or what

Sorry, this makes me bitchy to no end. But I bark the wrong tree on, she has her PhD already.

I need to stop
1602112763209.png
Paragraph spacing Vic

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m pretty sure Vic has a first class degree and she stayed at the same uni so it was probably a piece of work the department wanted to fund anyway or maybe even part of a bigger project there tbh.
That’s a good point. Many people choose different schools for their higher degrees than their undergraduate. That probably changes things, at least depending on what programs the university is trying to bolster at a certain time.

She must have smarts, she just doesn’t show, articulate or implement them much. She speaks unintelligently with such a limited vocabulary all the time. If she’s dumbing herself down I wish she’d stop. I hate seeing women do that to be seen as “cute” or appealing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s funny that these influencers “collab” by bringing their own outfits (horrible ones at that) and why would you wear such a branded outfit in the frame of the photos....she looks horrible. Whatever she has. Or hasn’t done. Her face looks terrible. I used to think she was pretty but not anymore
That photo shoot outfit is really bad. And you’re right - why advertise for Dior in the unwanted jewelry photos? Especially since they don’t even invite her to their show 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Not long ago she used to promote Thomas Sabo jewellery, now this. I love how down to the earth she is, massive global crisis, people lost their jobs or income became reduced, even the beauty advent calendar who used to sold out in less than 1 hour are still availale because people have to be careful with money and she comes with jewellery that no one needs, another collapsed market apart of the beauty one

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m still confused about how Bulgari allows this. I would think that Bulgari would only want to work with influencers who maintain a certain level of luxury. Otherwise you’re just cheapening your own brand.

I get having ads/collabs with brands at various price points to maximize reach, but this b wears $20,000 watches and now she’s trying to sell us some Missoma-esque jewelry?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I’m still confused about how Bulgari allows this. I would think that Bulgari would only want to work with influencers who maintain a certain level of luxury. Otherwise you’re just cheapening your own brand.

I get having ads/collabs with brands at various price points to maximize reach, but this b wears $20,000 watches and now she’s trying to sell us some Missoma-esque jewelry?
Forgot she is Bulgari ambassador 🙄 so seriously she shouldn't be allowed to promote other brands that similar goods, always wondered from where her watch is from, looks like Cartier but don't think it's as they wouldn't gift anything to this beggar.

I wonder if she will stick to her 6 in her house... prob not!! Why do these influencers think they are above the rules??

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I wonder if she will stick to her 6 in her house... prob not!! Why do these influencers think they are above the rules??
Even if she does the place settings weren't 2m apart which is still the guidelines for mixing between households, love to see it after I missed family members birthdays this month because of local lockdowns in my area :) she really has no class

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Just saw the stories from Fleur de Force going to her dodgy event? the choker Victoria gifted her looked so cheap, clearly she had to paid to her guest to go and promote her tat, Fleur is not friends with her and she only does these things when they are paid. Poor Vic she doesn't even have real friends in the influenza world

Reactions: 12
It’s also such a random group of women. I don’t remember a time Vic has ever talked about Fleur or Manal. Kaushal had her hair done by Nicky today. That must’ve been an awkward dinner with Lydia 😂😂😂 A those b’s definitely weren’t socially distancing. Vic’s sunroom is big, but not big enough for all those egos.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s also such a random group of women. I don’t remember a time Vic has ever talked about Fleur or Manal. Kaushal had her hair done by Nicky today. That must’ve been an awkward dinner with Lydia 😂😂😂 A those b’s definitely weren’t socially distancing. Vic’s sunroom is big, but not big enough for all those egos.
Haha is true she never mentions Fleur and definitely never heard Fleur talking about her, but makes sense since she tends to promote a lot of jewellery brands and is the style she uses. But the social distancing never existed the way Vic showed the table it looked like they were practically sat one over another. Wonder if she used a catering company or put her witch to work.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Everything about that dinner was tragic:
  • They clearly broke the rule of six, unless ITF was cooking and Ginger Whinge left for the night, plus a complete absence of social distancing
  • That bouquet was far too big and clunky in the middle of the table - you want to have small posies down the centre you can see over - see Rosanna Falconer's insta, she's a master at it
  • Those impersonal me me me notes - thank you for being here to celebrate this incredible career moment blah blah blah, clearly none of these girls are friends, that is not the note you write to a genuine friend
  • Do you think someone chose that mix for being oh so diverse so ITF can push that she has non-white friends?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I took a look at her thesis document and I have to say, she put a lot of work in it. I understand why she is proud of it. Not a fan of the layout design, tho. Could've been improved.
It's a hefty document, the poor people that had to read it. 895 pages, half actual text half appendix.

View attachment 268926 What the heck is this. There is so much to unpack here.

Or this
View attachment 268927 Just because word gives you the options you don't have to use them all at once (bold, centred and underlined)

View attachment 268930 This looks disruptive and 9.3.1.20 is a joke is this an IP-adress or what

Sorry, this makes me bitchy to no end. But I bark the wrong tree on, she has her PhD already.

I need to stop
View attachment 268932 Paragraph spacing Vic
This makes me appreciate you so much more now @AmaliaLana I might curl up with a hot chocolate and have a scim through it tonight. Might make a pleasant change from Land Law and Crimes. lol. I wonder what sort of style guide she used to come up with that numbering?? ;) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Think of all those huge brands that have done things via zoom etc for launches of new products yet she felt like she was important enough to have a dinner in the middle of a pandemic!!

Reactions: 20
This makes me appreciate you so much more now @AmaliaLana I might curl up with a hot chocolate and have a scim through it tonight. Might make a pleasant change from Land Law and Crimes. lol. I wonder what sort of style guide she used to come up with that numbering?? ;) xx
While I hate to write text I love to do the layout of the document. I can sit there for hours like a maniac.

Just saw the stories from Fleur de Force going to her dodgy event? the choker Victoria gifted her looked so cheap, clearly she had to paid to her guest to go and promote her tat, Fleur is not friends with her and she only does these things when they are paid. Poor Vic she doesn't even have real friends in the influenza world
I think edge of october paid for it. And they tried to sell it as a friend group gathering together for this important moment in history. So important that you ignore meeting restrictions. Because, you know, priorities.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.