Inthefrow #4 Lips filled & hair plugged, what a pair of absolute mugs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She completely ignored my post. She’s is sharing accounts with lots of followers and other influencers purely to look good and for potential gain. she is not a genuine person
your post is great!

as others have said I’m frustrated that she’s creating her blog posts with black influencers and black businesses to follow. Why doesn’t she link to black creators that have already done this work and give them the credit??

theres two reasons, she wants to boost her own engagement and blog traffic. Secondly when she does work with L’Oréal again she can roll out her defence “I pRoMoTeD bLaCk InFlUeNceRS bAbeSs ❤.” in response she she can wriggle out of anyone pointing out that she hasn’t changed anything in her industry.

Reactions: 9
your post is great!

as others have said I’m frustrated that she’s creating her blog posts with black influencers and black businesses to follow. Why doesn’t she link to black creators that have already done this work and give them the credit??

theres two reasons, she wants to boost her own engagement and blog traffic. Secondly when she does work with L’Oréal again she can roll out her defence “I pRoMoTeD bLaCk InFlUeNceRS bAbeSs ❤.” in response she she can wriggle out of anyone pointing out that she hasn’t changed anything in her industry.
I just commented on her post about this.

Reactions: 1
The Frugality has been doing some really good work actually trying to get something started in conjunction with black influencers and it is really heartening to see. More than just words.

I’m not sticking up for her, but as a Northern Brit, (just a couple of years older than Victoria) we didn’t learn a single thing about civil rights. At my school you had the choice to drop history and geography at age 14, and do more art based subjects if you wanted. I think this is a massive failing on the schools part, but this is just how it was. Pre age 14, we mainly learned about the industrial revolution, world war 1 and two. I’m still not sure how much schools individually get to pick or choose parts of the curriculum. For our age group, we’d have had to personally go and learn about civil rights issues, and let’s be honest, unfortunately not every single person is going to do that.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m not sticking up for her, but as a Northern Brit, (just a couple of years older than Victoria) we didn’t learn a single thing about civil rights. At my school you had the choice to drop history and geography at age 14, and do more art based subjects if you wanted. I think this is a massive failing on the schools part, but this is just how it was. Pre age 14, we mainly learned about the industrial revolution, world war 1 and two. I’m still not sure how much schools individually get to pick or choose parts of the curriculum. For our age group, we’d have had to personally go and learn about civil rights issues, and let’s be honest, unfortunately not every single person is going to do that.
Exactly the same, I don't think she's lying about this. For once.

Reactions: 5
Exactly the same, I don't think she's lying about this. For once.
This isn’t the first time racial issues have been in the global news. As someone in fashion, she should be attuned to the many disparities in the industry. Not just the treatment of Black creatives, but also the cultural appropriation (Gucci, Prada and their blackface products), the treatment of workers in supply chains, lack of diversity at the board and C-suite, that climate change negatively affects low income communities more, etc. To me it’s willful ignorance. She chooses to ignore these things, while happily benefiting.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This isn’t the first time racial issues have been in the global news. As someone in fashion, she should be attuned to the many disparities in the industry. Not just the treatment of Black creatives, but also the cultural appropriation (Gucci, Prada and their blackface products), the treatment of workers in supply chains, lack of diversity at the board and C-suite, that climate change negatively affects low income communities more, etc. To me it’s willful ignorance. She chooses to ignore these things, while happily benefiting.
True, but she's so self obsessed it doesn't surprise me for a second that she hasn't watched the news in her 30 years on this planet!

Reactions: 5
I made a comment asking what sorts of things she’ll be doing within the industry and she responded with stop with the negativity. Then one of her followers told my I was acting like a fool. Hitting nerves.

• Wow
  • Angry
I made a comment asking what sorts of things she’ll be doing within the industry and she responded with stop with the negativity. Then one of her followers told my I was acting like a fool. Hitting nerves.
That's a valid question 😂😂😂 what an idiot. Could have made herself look good if she actually had an answer!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How is 'stopping negativity' helpful to black people exactly? They're dealing with negative tit from all corners.

That just sounds like her standard response whenever anyone questions her about anything. What specific plans does she have to help within her industry? All of this is just words to her.

Reactions: 4
I saw the comment "stop questioning every step I take". WTF? People are allowed to question you, Victoria. Surely now more than ever people should question and challenge each other? Especially someone with such a large platform. You're not some godlike saint who shouldn't be questioned

Reactions: 11
I saw the comment "stop questioning every step I take". WTF? People are allowed to question you, Victoria. Surely now more than ever people should question and challenge each other? Especially someone with such a large platform. You're not some godlike saint who shouldn't be questioned
She cannot decide whether she is a brand and a CEO of her own company, or just a girl with a public SM account. CEO’s never respond like that to their customers, Victoria. Get back to business ethics class. Or you probably haven’t been taught that either?

Reactions: 12
She cannot decide whether she is a brand and a CEO of her own company, or just a girl with a public SM account. CEO’s never respond like that to their customers, Victoria. Get back to business ethics class. Or you probably haven’t been taught that either?
Exactly, a CEO would (or should) respond explaining rationale and then also listen to the customers feedback and address it. The ego of influencers is just astounding. She only wants to be told she's a wonderful person and doesn't want to hear anything else. Just more proof this is a token gesture and she really doesn't care

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is going to blow up in her face. She cannot think that by sharing a few black influencer accounts that she will build up enough get out of jail cards to avoid the inevitable backlash when she does the next L'Oréal campaign. Well actually, she probably does think exactly that, but I think she'll find that people will not be so easily silenced on this topic.

Exactly, a CEO would (or should) respond explaining rationale and then also listen to the customers feedback and address it. The ego of influencers is just astounding. She only wants to be told she's a wonderful person and doesn't want to hear anything else
Boss babe CEO when it suits and squeaky cute girly when it suits too. Actually makes me sick the fakery with her.

Reactions: 10
I think right now the most important output from “white influenzas jumping on a bandwagon” and promoting POC accounts is that POC influenzas’ pages get more traffic from that.
I follow Monroe Steele, a WOC influenza from NYC, and she admitted yesterday that all of the sudden she woke up to a lot of white people watching, so, she does not really know what to post anymore.
I’m white, and I’ve been a subscriber of hers for ages. I find it a bit odd that she did not think about her subscribers’ demographic heterogeneity before.
I’m white and have followed Monroe for ages. Adore her! She has such a great style and has also been fantastic at changing people’s negative perceptions about Harlem.

It made me sad to see her say that because I don’t want her to feel she has to change anything. She’s been fantastic all along!

It’s actually really alarming to me how people like Vic are suddenly shouting these people out. It highlights how homogeneous their lives have truly been. Vic lived in London for years! You want to tell me she hasn’t been surrounded by black people in her day to day life? Of course she has. She’s willfully segregated herself from them.

It took global protests for her to suddenly think to follow some of PoC? To support their businesses?? That’s pathetic and tells me she’s been surrounded by black people but never found them inspiring to this point. What a sad sad sad and kind of racist point of view.

• Heart
You just nailed down Vic’s two sides: desperate and defensive!! That fits her to a T!!!

What page are we on? I like that for the title of the next thread. 👍
IntheFrow #5 Desperate and Defensive- even when trying to be woke she’s still offensive

• Heart
Reactions: 17
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
awful. Just a list.... could she not have spoken to the business and asked for some info to give the reader more details about the business, who runs it, their story, what the business offers? It’s so lazy. Did she really spend all day doing that list? it looks like 1 hrs work.
She actually asked others to send her business names. She knows nothing about any of these people or their businesses. As usual she likes to think that her name on the top of something is enough work for her. Just like the most recent giveaway, in which all the items were to be donated by the actual brand. She then acts likes she's actually giving something herself. Shocking behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.